BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 194523 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#190151 May 6, 2014
I do need to know - Romper/Dufus, Rouge, Tacky, CMor .... Any of you going to be posting live from the scene of next weekends Million Moron March? I've got my DVR tuned to CSpan for the entire weekend - please hold up a sign so I will recognize you - maybe "I'm with stupid" with an arrow pointing straight down

(I'm sure Romper will just email it in, but Tacky may well be bored enough to make the bus trip)

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#190152 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>OSHA and EPA.
That's it? And by Nixon too.

That put a lot of money in people's pockets, yesssss, much better than unemployment insurance, social security, education, no more child labour, health care however mediocre, 40-hr week, vacation and maternity leave and workers' safety. Yup. And, oh, how ironic, who were, are , the first to ignore both OSHA and EPA? What a joke. Come back with more of those goodies, LMAO (LRS-Dale tm reg'd)
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190153 May 6, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
That put a lot of money in people's pockets, yesssss, much better than unemployment insurance, social security, education, no more child labour, health care however mediocre, 40-hr week, vacation and maternity leave and workers' safety. Yup. And, oh, how ironic, who were, are , the first to ignore both OSHA and EPA? What a joke. Come back with more of those goodies, LMAO (LRS-Dale tm reg'd)
LMAO!!! Punched a few holes in you post, didn't I!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#190154 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Rogue would shoot welfare and social security recipients on sight. Rogue is a straight-shooter (pun intended) who would solve the shiftless lazy good-for-nothing free-loading problem. And he would then proceed to deduct the cost of bullets from his next income tax filing.
You would be amazed at how much our welfare and justice system go hand in hand.

Our justice system will take a guy who is gainfully employed and turn him into a welfare recipient so fast it would make your head spin.

Dave is a registered nurse for 5 years at a hospital. He is far from well off because he supports his family, but he makes the rent and the kids have food. To Dave, that is all that matters.

One day, Dave's car malfunctions and he hasn't the time or cash on hand to repair it immediately... he needs to get to work. He borrows his brother in law's car for the day. Trying to make up for lost time he coast through a yellow light as it turns red, and of course is stopped by traffic cops.

Dave has just blew the money he was going to use to fix his wheels on this impending ticket and he becomes frustrated. The officer asks for registration and proof of insurance, as Dave explains why he is in someone else's car he pops open the glove box to find the paperwork...

Along with the paperwork, an ounce and a half of weed and an unregistered handgun are clearly visible and the police officer draws his weapon, and orders Dave's hands in the air and removes him from the vehicle.

Dave is immediately taken into custody, and seated in the back of the cruiser... while the drug indiction team is called in. After tearing the car apart they also find Dave's brother IL's girlfriend's prescription painkillers.

They know from Dave's licence he had crossed state lines to go to work.

Dave now has a lengthy list of felonies to deal with. His family will be evicted because Dave is about to spend the next two or three months in county waiting for trial. Dave will receive a public pretender to hold his hand while pleading guilty to whatever the DA feels like.

Dave's education is gone as he will never work in a hospital again. Drug related felonies don't fly in medical professions.

EVEN if the judge is completely sympathetic to Dave's situation.... he will at minimum get jail time... house arrest... lengthy probation... and hefty fines.

Dave is now... screwed. Because he (kind of) ran a red light.

He will be forced into menial work... like fast food, or maybe is lucky enough to find some factory work. Regardless, Dave can no longer provide for his family as he once could. He is as shamed as a man can be when he spits out the words at the welfare office.

Dave will never be able to own firearms again. He will spend the next decade jumping through the hoops of the parole system and paying monthly on his fines.

God bless America.

Ottawa

#190155 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! June 2009??? You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.-Daniel P. Moyniham

In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction. It is a general slowdown in economic activity.[1][2] Macroeconomic indicators such as GDP (gross domestic product), investment spending, capacity utilization, household income, business profits, and inflation fall, while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.
Recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending (an adverse demand shock). This may be triggered by various events, such as a financial crisis, an external trade shock, an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation.

Caught red-handed, you phoney pleonasm S.O.B. I thought your post was way too scholarly for your smarts, what with reading tons of your elementary school material here in Topix. No attribution, stealing, no other word for it. Did you actually think anyone with a brain and an asshole would believe YOU wrote this? Read your own text (above) and compare it to this :

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about a slowdown in economic activity. For other uses, see Recession

"In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction. It is a general slowdown in economic activity.[1][2] Macroeconomic indicators such as GDP (gross domestic product), investment spending, capacity utilization, household income, business profits, and inflation fall, while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.

Recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending (an adverse demand shock). This may be triggered by various events, such as a financial crisis, an external trade shock, an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation"

Ottawa

#190156 May 6, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be amazed at how much our welfare and justice system go hand in hand.
Our justice system will take a guy who is gainfully employed and turn him into a welfare recipient so fast it would make your head spin.
Dave is a registered nurse for 5 years at a hospital. He is far from well off because he supports his family, but he makes the rent and the kids have food. To Dave, that is all that matters.
One day, Dave's car malfunctions and he hasn't the time or cash on hand to repair it immediately... he needs to get to work. He borrows his brother in law's car for the day. Trying to make up for lost time he coast through a yellow light as it turns red, and of course is stopped by traffic cops.
Dave has just blew the money he was going to use to fix his wheels on this impending ticket and he becomes frustrated. The officer asks for registration and proof of insurance, as Dave explains why he is in someone else's car he pops open the glove box to find the paperwork...
Along with the paperwork, an ounce and a half of weed and an unregistered handgun are clearly visible and the police officer draws his weapon, and orders Dave's hands in the air and removes him from the vehicle.
Dave is immediately taken into custody, and seated in the back of the cruiser... while the drug indiction team is called in. After tearing the car apart they also find Dave's brother IL's girlfriend's prescription painkillers.
They know from Dave's licence he had crossed state lines to go to work.
Dave now has a lengthy list of felonies to deal with. His family will be evicted because Dave is about to spend the next two or three months in county waiting for trial. Dave will receive a public pretender to hold his hand while pleading guilty to whatever the DA feels like.
Dave's education is gone as he will never work in a hospital again. Drug related felonies don't fly in medical professions.
EVEN if the judge is completely sympathetic to Dave's situation.... he will at minimum get jail time... house arrest... lengthy probation... and hefty fines.
Dave is now... screwed. Because he (kind of) ran a red light.
He will be forced into menial work... like fast food, or maybe is lucky enough to find some factory work. Regardless, Dave can no longer provide for his family as he once could. He is as shamed as a man can be when he spits out the words at the welfare office.
Dave will never be able to own firearms again. He will spend the next decade jumping through the hoops of the parole system and paying monthly on his fines.
God bless America.
Dave makes Jean Valjean (Les MisÚrables) sound like a lucky guy.

Your example is a good and valid one, but I think not typical for a country like the U.S. Not perfect, but not Victor-Hugo - Les MisÚrables-like. Russia, China, North Korea (if the prolÚtariat had cars), Vietnam, the Congo, etc, maybe, but not something that happens daily south of me. But then, no country's the true embodiment of justice. I don't know any.

Ottawa

#190157 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Punched a few holes in you post, didn't I!!!
OSHA and EPA (both flounted by its very founders). Wow.

VS

unemployment insurance, social security, education, no more child labour, health care however mediocre, 40-hr week, vacation and maternity leave and workers' safety

You were saying about holes?

And that sentence, "Punched a few holes in your post..." - did you write that all by yourself or is it just additional plagiarism? I know, I know, it's the birther trailer park way. Stealing.

Ottawa

#190158 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Your example is a good and valid one, but I think not typical for a country like the U.S. Not perfect, but not Victor-Hugo - Les MisÚrables-like. Russia, China, North Korea (if the prolÚtariat had cars), Vietnam, the Congo, etc, maybe, but not something that happens daily south of me. But then, no country's the true embodiment of justice. I don't know any.
Oh, sorry about all those words, as they hardly matter, seeing as Rogue would shoot poor Dave first chance he got. BANG, one fewer Dave trouble-maker , thanks to welfare and social-security-fixer Rogue.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190159 May 6, 2014
History of the Resolute Desk.
A lot of people do not know the history about the Resolute desk which was made from timbers of the HMS Resolute of which some were made into furniture and a desk made from the wood was used to make a desk which was given by Queen Victoria to the President of the U.S.
The Resolute desk originally had an open front but FDR did not like people seeing his wheel chair so he had a false front for it. Then when Reagan was president he had a 2-3 riser installed to raise it up to his level.
In the third picture down you will see JFK behind the desk while John John is going through the door in the false front. They think Monica used the same door.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obama-...
Afro-Euro-Americ an Prez

Topeka, KS

#190160 May 6, 2014
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head Poppo.
Cenk is hard on Obama and corporate mainstream media does not tolerate that unless it comes to sex and sensationalism like Monica and Bill.
In 2008 Cenk was Obama's biggest supporter until he picked all corporate Clinton retreads in his cabinet and sold out to Wall Street just like all presidents before him .
But Bill did not inhale and Monica did not swallow.
Afro-Euro-Americ an Prez

Topeka, KS

#190161 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Yep, a Progressive Republican. Why you Libtards should have loved Nixon as he was just as nasty as you Demoncrats are. But because he was a REPUBLICAN you turned on his.
Oh, the other Republican president who was a Progressive was Teddy Roosevelt!.

Ottawa

#190162 May 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
History of the Resolute Desk.
A lot of people do not know the history about the Resolute desk which was made from timbers of the HMS Resolute of which some were made into furniture and a desk made from the wood was used to make a desk which was given by Queen Victoria to the President of the U.S.
The Resolute desk originally had an open front but FDR did not like people seeing his wheel chair so he had a false front for it. Then when Reagan was president he had a 2-3 riser installed to raise it up to his level.
In the third picture down you will see JFK behind the desk while John John is going through the door in the false front. They think Monica used the same door.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obama-...
Good story, it's history. I like it, until...

But cheap as you are, you couldn't leave well enough alone, could you? Nope, had to add the unnecessary "They think Monica used the same door." . Yup. Jealousy, envy, Bill's penis, Monica's mouth --- what is it exactly that drives this insane obsession of yours?

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#190163 May 6, 2014
commenter2001 wrote:
<quoted text> Factcheck.org
Politifact.com
The LA Times
World Nut Daily

Have all examined his birth certificate and told everyone.
Yawn, still not an original.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#190164 May 6, 2014
These 11-Year-Old Russians Are Getting Military Training At A State-Run School [PHOTOS]
Yesterday | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silicon Alley Insider
There's a state-run school in southern Russia where students aged 11 to 17 undergo military training in addition to traditional schooling.

-------___

Russians training youths these days will fold up the west as police state by shooting, abusing and torturing innocents, unarmed people and non-criminals, by supporting burning alive people to death, and yet still carrying Pro-Hitlerism ideals by backing Neo_Hitler White Supremacist Nazis in west Ukraine, one day.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#190165 May 6, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moron, there is only one original, at HI DoH.

Numskull. Got a clue what the Dept of Vital Records is for?

Moron.

Bristol, CT

#190166 May 6, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Le Jimbo is just a garden variety delusional birfoon. Nothing original.

Bristol, CT

#190167 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! So it was the IKE administration that ended the recession!! How did those stupid repubs do that??
With a 91% tax rate on the wealthy.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#190168 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
I am not trying to imply that most felons are innocent guys.

But the word "felon" in and of it's self evokes images of violent tattooed repeat offenders and that is simply not the case.

Our justice system is a joke J. It has little to do with justice at all. It is 100% about revenue generation. If you are unfortunate enough to get caught up in it... you sincerely deserve sympathy.

We imprison more people than any other country in the world....by leaps and bounds.

Take drugs for instance...even real ones. What the chemicals MIGHT do to you pales in comparison to what our justice system WILL do to you if you are arrested.

I don't know how things go in Canada... but in the U.S. there is no such thing as "This guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."... or... "Maybe this lady needs a little help dealing with addiction."

It is their jobs to ride you into the ground. And they do a fantastic job...

A buddy of mine from a long time ago sold a few pills to an undercover cop...(introduced to him by his girlfriend... no less) At that moment, they could have arrested him. But they chose not to. The cop called him a few times a week for a month or two. He wove a line of shit that his wife had lupus and the medication was for her. The guy was NOT a drug dealer by any stretch of the imagination... his girlfriend got caught with something and the police wanted her turning people in. In fact... he tried on more than one occasion to give the pills to him free. The cop insisted that he was paid.

By the time they chose to arrest him they had compiled a list of over 10 "buys" which translates into 10 felonies.(took about 5-6 weeks)

It caused serious problems for his family for over a decade... ruined his education... forget about a real career. Today he is making 12 or 15 bucks an hour as a mechanic... and this kid had real potential.

If it were about getting drugs off the streets or helping people at all... he would have been arrested day 1.

It is about driving people into the ground, and making as much $ as they can in the process.

What I am saying is that felons aren't all criminals in the way you may imagine.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#190169 May 6, 2014
So Jacques, truth be told, I am a sky gazer. I keep my eye on the sky.
I wish those jets weren't so damaging to the atmosphere. It is horrendous sometimes.
Society needs to wake up and realize what is happening, and it ain't all good.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190170 May 6, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
With a 91% tax rate on the wealthy.
LMAO!!! Don't forget the exemptions!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,263,800
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 50 min Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 1 hr Julie 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 54,356
abby7-31-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Mark 52,069
Amy 7-30-15 8 hr Mister Tonka 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages