BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 222840 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190140 May 6, 2014
The $50 Lesson

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my
neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.
During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted
to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, Democratic Party members, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're
President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190141 May 6, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
True, except for the corporate left wing dems. However, and I repeat, whereas Repubs want to reap in 100% corruption, dems will leave some 10% for the common folks. It's how social security, pensions, workers' vacations, halt to child labour and workplace safety, maternity leave, some health care, dept of education, etc have come about. Question for tea partyers and birthers : Which of the foregoing originated with the right wing of the Republican party? Two? Nope. One? Hmm, nope.
OSHA and EPA.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#190142 May 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Obama is more stupid that Bush because he has been unable to fix what Bush broke.
Oh, I am a Reagan Republican and you are no Kennedy Democrat because JFK cut taxes in the middle of a recession which got us out of the recession in quick order while Obummer Boy increased taxed and turned a run-of-the-mill recession into the Great Recession.
That is interesting given the fact that the recession you are writing about lasted 10 months from
April 1960 to February 1961 and JFK was elected in NOVEMBER 1960 and became President in JANUARY 1961. That is quite a hat trick for JFK to end the recession within one month of becoming President.

Any other nuggets of economic wisdom that you care the share with the rest of the class?
Learn to Read

United States

#190143 May 6, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct but instead of Rogue getting a deduction on his income tax for the cost of the bullets he would file a small claims action against the estate of the deceased victim for reimbursement of the bullets.
I beg to differ Rouge is definitely a "whine about government handouts while waiting in line for his cut" ... Very much a Cliven-ite

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

#190144 May 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Reagan was a libertarian leaning Republican who was for small government, a tight budget, smaller taxes but we was not going to force his religious beliefs on other nor do away with social safety nets.
A real Libertarian want no taxes, minimum governments, no foreign involvement and everyone to fend for themselves (no social security, no Medicaid, Medicare, food stamps, public housing, etc.
Oh, if I had my way, to live in public housing, or draw welfare, you would have to pass drug tests. could not use tobacco or alcohol and if they caught a convicted felon in your government housing, evict you.
Reagan a libertarian? Well that explains why he shut down all the state mental hospitals in California while he was governor.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

#190145 May 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Obama is more stupid that Bush because he has been unable to fix what Bush broke.
Oh, I am a Reagan Republican and you are no Kennedy Democrat because JFK cut taxes in the middle of a recession which got us out of the recession in quick order while Obummer Boy increased taxed and turned a run-of-the-mill recession into the Great Recession.
Great Recession? That ended in June 2009, almost 5 years ago. Recession by definition is two consecutive quarters with negative GDP. Since June 2009, there has not been two consecutive quarters with negative GDP.

You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.- Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190146 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
That is interesting given the fact that the recession you are writing about lasted 10 months from
April 1960 to February 1961 and JFK was elected in NOVEMBER 1960 and became President in JANUARY 1961. That is quite a hat trick for JFK to end the recession within one month of becoming President.
Any other nuggets of economic wisdom that you care the share with the rest of the class?
LMAO!!! So it was the IKE administration that ended the recession!! How did those stupid repubs do that??
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190148 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Great Recession? That ended in June 2009, almost 5 years ago. Recession by definition is two consecutive quarters with negative GDP. Since June 2009, there has not been two consecutive quarters with negative GDP.
You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.- Daniel Patrick Moynihan
LMAO!!! June 2009??? You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.-Daniel P. Moyniham

In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction. It is a general slowdown in economic activity.[1][2] Macroeconomic indicators such as GDP (gross domestic product), investment spending, capacity utilization, household income, business profits, and inflation fall, while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.

Recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending (an adverse demand shock). This may be triggered by various events, such as a financial crisis, an external trade shock, an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#190149 May 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The $50 Lesson
Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my
neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.
During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted
to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, Democratic Party members, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"
She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride!
"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're
President to do that!" I told her.
"What do you mean?" she replied.
So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."
She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"
I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
Couldn't you at the very least decently warn us that you're about to repeat the same platitudenous joke for the 3rd time minimum?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#190150 May 6, 2014
We won, Jacques,
The implications of our noble victory are far reaching.
It sends a loud and clear message to the airlines that there are definite limits to their short-sightedness.

You won't read about our decisive victory in the media.
I feel good, and I knew that I would.
loose
Learn to Read

United States

#190151 May 6, 2014
I do need to know - Romper/Dufus, Rouge, Tacky, CMor .... Any of you going to be posting live from the scene of next weekends Million Moron March? I've got my DVR tuned to CSpan for the entire weekend - please hold up a sign so I will recognize you - maybe "I'm with stupid" with an arrow pointing straight down

(I'm sure Romper will just email it in, but Tacky may well be bored enough to make the bus trip)

Ottawa

#190152 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>OSHA and EPA.
That's it? And by Nixon too.

That put a lot of money in people's pockets, yesssss, much better than unemployment insurance, social security, education, no more child labour, health care however mediocre, 40-hr week, vacation and maternity leave and workers' safety. Yup. And, oh, how ironic, who were, are , the first to ignore both OSHA and EPA? What a joke. Come back with more of those goodies, LMAO (LRS-Dale tm reg'd)
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190153 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
That's it? And by Nixon too.
That put a lot of money in people's pockets, yesssss, much better than unemployment insurance, social security, education, no more child labour, health care however mediocre, 40-hr week, vacation and maternity leave and workers' safety. Yup. And, oh, how ironic, who were, are , the first to ignore both OSHA and EPA? What a joke. Come back with more of those goodies, LMAO (LRS-Dale tm reg'd)
LMAO!!! Punched a few holes in you post, didn't I!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#190154 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Rogue would shoot welfare and social security recipients on sight. Rogue is a straight-shooter (pun intended) who would solve the shiftless lazy good-for-nothing free-loading problem. And he would then proceed to deduct the cost of bullets from his next income tax filing.
You would be amazed at how much our welfare and justice system go hand in hand.

Our justice system will take a guy who is gainfully employed and turn him into a welfare recipient so fast it would make your head spin.

Dave is a registered nurse for 5 years at a hospital. He is far from well off because he supports his family, but he makes the rent and the kids have food. To Dave, that is all that matters.

One day, Dave's car malfunctions and he hasn't the time or cash on hand to repair it immediately... he needs to get to work. He borrows his brother in law's car for the day. Trying to make up for lost time he coast through a yellow light as it turns red, and of course is stopped by traffic cops.

Dave has just blew the money he was going to use to fix his wheels on this impending ticket and he becomes frustrated. The officer asks for registration and proof of insurance, as Dave explains why he is in someone else's car he pops open the glove box to find the paperwork...

Along with the paperwork, an ounce and a half of weed and an unregistered handgun are clearly visible and the police officer draws his weapon, and orders Dave's hands in the air and removes him from the vehicle.

Dave is immediately taken into custody, and seated in the back of the cruiser... while the drug indiction team is called in. After tearing the car apart they also find Dave's brother IL's girlfriend's prescription painkillers.

They know from Dave's licence he had crossed state lines to go to work.

Dave now has a lengthy list of felonies to deal with. His family will be evicted because Dave is about to spend the next two or three months in county waiting for trial. Dave will receive a public pretender to hold his hand while pleading guilty to whatever the DA feels like.

Dave's education is gone as he will never work in a hospital again. Drug related felonies don't fly in medical professions.

EVEN if the judge is completely sympathetic to Dave's situation.... he will at minimum get jail time... house arrest... lengthy probation... and hefty fines.

Dave is now... screwed. Because he (kind of) ran a red light.

He will be forced into menial work... like fast food, or maybe is lucky enough to find some factory work. Regardless, Dave can no longer provide for his family as he once could. He is as shamed as a man can be when he spits out the words at the welfare office.

Dave will never be able to own firearms again. He will spend the next decade jumping through the hoops of the parole system and paying monthly on his fines.

God bless America.

Ottawa

#190155 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! June 2009??? You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.-Daniel P. Moyniham

In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction. It is a general slowdown in economic activity.[1][2] Macroeconomic indicators such as GDP (gross domestic product), investment spending, capacity utilization, household income, business profits, and inflation fall, while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.
Recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending (an adverse demand shock). This may be triggered by various events, such as a financial crisis, an external trade shock, an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation.

Caught red-handed, you phoney pleonasm S.O.B. I thought your post was way too scholarly for your smarts, what with reading tons of your elementary school material here in Topix. No attribution, stealing, no other word for it. Did you actually think anyone with a brain and an asshole would believe YOU wrote this? Read your own text (above) and compare it to this :

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about a slowdown in economic activity. For other uses, see Recession

"In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction. It is a general slowdown in economic activity.[1][2] Macroeconomic indicators such as GDP (gross domestic product), investment spending, capacity utilization, household income, business profits, and inflation fall, while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.

Recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending (an adverse demand shock). This may be triggered by various events, such as a financial crisis, an external trade shock, an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation"

Ottawa

#190156 May 6, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be amazed at how much our welfare and justice system go hand in hand.
Our justice system will take a guy who is gainfully employed and turn him into a welfare recipient so fast it would make your head spin.
Dave is a registered nurse for 5 years at a hospital. He is far from well off because he supports his family, but he makes the rent and the kids have food. To Dave, that is all that matters.
One day, Dave's car malfunctions and he hasn't the time or cash on hand to repair it immediately... he needs to get to work. He borrows his brother in law's car for the day. Trying to make up for lost time he coast through a yellow light as it turns red, and of course is stopped by traffic cops.
Dave has just blew the money he was going to use to fix his wheels on this impending ticket and he becomes frustrated. The officer asks for registration and proof of insurance, as Dave explains why he is in someone else's car he pops open the glove box to find the paperwork...
Along with the paperwork, an ounce and a half of weed and an unregistered handgun are clearly visible and the police officer draws his weapon, and orders Dave's hands in the air and removes him from the vehicle.
Dave is immediately taken into custody, and seated in the back of the cruiser... while the drug indiction team is called in. After tearing the car apart they also find Dave's brother IL's girlfriend's prescription painkillers.
They know from Dave's licence he had crossed state lines to go to work.
Dave now has a lengthy list of felonies to deal with. His family will be evicted because Dave is about to spend the next two or three months in county waiting for trial. Dave will receive a public pretender to hold his hand while pleading guilty to whatever the DA feels like.
Dave's education is gone as he will never work in a hospital again. Drug related felonies don't fly in medical professions.
EVEN if the judge is completely sympathetic to Dave's situation.... he will at minimum get jail time... house arrest... lengthy probation... and hefty fines.
Dave is now... screwed. Because he (kind of) ran a red light.
He will be forced into menial work... like fast food, or maybe is lucky enough to find some factory work. Regardless, Dave can no longer provide for his family as he once could. He is as shamed as a man can be when he spits out the words at the welfare office.
Dave will never be able to own firearms again. He will spend the next decade jumping through the hoops of the parole system and paying monthly on his fines.
God bless America.
Dave makes Jean Valjean (Les Misérables) sound like a lucky guy.

Your example is a good and valid one, but I think not typical for a country like the U.S. Not perfect, but not Victor-Hugo - Les Misérables-like. Russia, China, North Korea (if the prolétariat had cars), Vietnam, the Congo, etc, maybe, but not something that happens daily south of me. But then, no country's the true embodiment of justice. I don't know any.

Ottawa

#190157 May 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Punched a few holes in you post, didn't I!!!
OSHA and EPA (both flounted by its very founders). Wow.

VS

unemployment insurance, social security, education, no more child labour, health care however mediocre, 40-hr week, vacation and maternity leave and workers' safety

You were saying about holes?

And that sentence, "Punched a few holes in your post..." - did you write that all by yourself or is it just additional plagiarism? I know, I know, it's the birther trailer park way. Stealing.

Ottawa

#190158 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Dave makes Jean Valjean (Les Misérables) sound like a lucky guy.
Your example is a good and valid one, but I think not typical for a country like the U.S. Not perfect, but not Victor-Hugo - Les Misérables-like. Russia, China, North Korea (if the prolétariat had cars), Vietnam, the Congo, etc, maybe, but not something that happens daily south of me. But then, no country's the true embodiment of justice. I don't know any.
Oh, sorry about all those words, as they hardly matter, seeing as Rogue would shoot poor Dave first chance he got. BANG, one fewer Dave trouble-maker , thanks to welfare and social-security-fixer Rogue.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190159 May 6, 2014
History of the Resolute Desk.
A lot of people do not know the history about the Resolute desk which was made from timbers of the HMS Resolute of which some were made into furniture and a desk made from the wood was used to make a desk which was given by Queen Victoria to the President of the U.S.
The Resolute desk originally had an open front but FDR did not like people seeing his wheel chair so he had a false front for it. Then when Reagan was president he had a 2-3 riser installed to raise it up to his level.
In the third picture down you will see JFK behind the desk while John John is going through the door in the false front. They think Monica used the same door.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obama-...
Afro-Euro-Americ an Prez

Topeka, KS

#190160 May 6, 2014
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head Poppo.
Cenk is hard on Obama and corporate mainstream media does not tolerate that unless it comes to sex and sensationalism like Monica and Bill.
In 2008 Cenk was Obama's biggest supporter until he picked all corporate Clinton retreads in his cabinet and sold out to Wall Street just like all presidents before him .
But Bill did not inhale and Monica did not swallow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min Surgit Tempestas 1,420,900
Chris Powell Editor of the Journal Inquirer inv... 4 hr Rtewpbears 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 1,954
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr PEllen 9,398
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr PEllen 6,701
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 3,057
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr mdbuilder 61,095

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages