BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 213032 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#188501 Apr 14, 2014
Oh, if this surfer dude stops doing his job, will anyone starve? If all the truckers parked their rigs, a lot of people will starve. Ever hear of Hunts Point Market, NYC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hunts_Point...

Location hidden

#188502 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, did he commit treason or is he a patriot. Maybe a little of both. I say let him stay in Russia for a few years and see if Obama will pardon him like Bill Clinton did for Marc Rich!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Ford for Nixon. Was North not pardoned? Was Libbey pardoned? Who else? Remember thge old maxim about glass houses, Rogue. They all do it, dangerous to pick 'em the way you do, gets blown up in your face.
No, Oliver North Libbey were NOT pardoned. But the Democrats in the Senate Pardoned Bill Clinton!!! Nixon was pardoned more for the good of the people than anything else.
Oh, what charges where against Nixon? Clinton?
Nixon and no prior knowledge or consent to the Water Gate break in but he did try and cover it up where as Bill Clinton did commit perjury in a federal court, perjury in a federal grand jury, conspire with Monica Lewinsky to obstruct justice, suborn a false affidavit from Monica, conspire with Monica to get a false affidavit from Linda Tripp, submitted two false affidavit to a federal court, etc.
Yep, Nixon, ONE felony and Bil, at least SIX felonies!!!
Now shut the f-up,,,,,, again!!!

Location hidden

#188503 Apr 14, 2014
Oh, Bush did not give Scooter Libby any pardon. He commuted his sentence. Libby is still a convicted felon and still had to pay fines!!! But since when did facts get in the way of your opinions?
But what is really sad is that Deep Throat Jacqueau with flush this from his memory and repeat the same lies in a few weeks. And he wonders why I call people like him, Libtards???

From Wiki: Presidential commutation
Main article: Lewis Libby clemency controversy

Soon after the verdict, calls for Libby to be pardoned by President George W. Bush began to appear in some newspapers; some of them were posted online by the Libby Legal Defense Trust (LLDT).[109] U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid issued a press release about the verdict, urging Bush to pledge not to pardon Libby, and other Democratic politicians followed his lead.

Surveying "the pardon battle" and citing both pro and con publications, The Washington Post online columnist Dan Froomkin concludes that many U.S. newspapers opposed a presidential pardon for Libby. Much of this commentary obscured the fact that the clemency power provided the President with several options short of a full, unconditional pardon. In an op-ed published in The Washington Post, former federal prosecutor and conservative activist William Otis argued the sentence was too stringent and that, instead of pardoning Libby, Bush should commute his sentence.

After the sentencing, Bush stated on camera that he would "not intervene until Libby's legal team has exhausted all of its avenues of appeal ... It wouldn't be appropriate for me to discuss the case until after the legal remedies have run its course." Ultimately, less than a month later, on July 2, 2007, Bush chose Otis's 'third option'— "neither prison nor pardon" — in commuting Libby's prison sentence.After Libby was denied bail during his appeal process on July 2, 2007, Bush commuted Libby's 30-month federal prison sentence, calling it "excessive", but he did not change the other parts of the sentence and their conditions. That presidential commutation left in place the felony conviction, the $250,000 fine, and the terms of probation.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#188504 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, Bush did not give Scooter Libby any pardon. He commuted his sentence. Libby is still a convicted felon and still had to pay fines!!! But since when did facts get in the way of your opinions?
But what is really sad is that Deep Throat Jacqueau with flush this from his memory and repeat the same lies in a few weeks. And he wonders why I call people like him, Libtards???
From Wiki: Presidential commutation
Main article: Lewis Libby clemency controversy
Soon after the verdict, calls for Libby to be pardoned by President George W. Bush began to appear in some newspapers; some of them were posted online by the Libby Legal Defense Trust (LLDT).[109] U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid issued a press release about the verdict, urging Bush to pledge not to pardon Libby, and other Democratic politicians followed his lead.
Surveying "the pardon battle" and citing both pro and con publications, The Washington Post online columnist Dan Froomkin concludes that many U.S. newspapers opposed a presidential pardon for Libby. Much of this commentary obscured the fact that the clemency power provided the President with several options short of a full, unconditional pardon. In an op-ed published in The Washington Post, former federal prosecutor and conservative activist William Otis argued the sentence was too stringent and that, instead of pardoning Libby, Bush should commute his sentence.
After the sentencing, Bush stated on camera that he would "not intervene until Libby's legal team has exhausted all of its avenues of appeal ... It wouldn't be appropriate for me to discuss the case until after the legal remedies have run its course." Ultimately, less than a month later, on July 2, 2007, Bush chose Otis's 'third option'— "neither prison nor pardon" — in commuting Libby's prison sentence.After Libby was denied bail during his appeal process on July 2, 2007, Bush commuted Libby's 30-month federal prison sentence, calling it "excessive", but he did not change the other parts of the sentence and their conditions. That presidential commutation left in place the felony conviction, the $250,000 fine, and the terms of probation.
You : "Oh, Bush did not give Scooter Libby any pardon. He commuted his sentence. Libby is still a convicted felon and still had to pay fines!!! But since when did facts get in the way of your opinions?
But what is really sad is that Deep Throat Jacqueau with flush this from his memory and repeat the same lies in a few weeks. And he wonders why I call people like him, Libtards???"

Loser. You can't read. I ASKED if Libby had been pardoned, not STATED, nor SAID. Oh, a presidential commute, right? Hmmm, sounds pretty much the same.

Rogue : Who paid the $250,000 fine, if at all paid? Was Libby a rich man?

Now remember, Rogue, a QUESTION is not a STATEMENT.

Ottawa

#188505 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, did he commit treason or is he a patriot. Maybe a little of both. I say let him stay in Russia for a few years and see if Obama will pardon him like Bill Clinton did for Marc Rich!
<quoted text>
No, Oliver North Libbey were NOT pardoned. But the Democrats in the Senate Pardoned Bill Clinton!!! Nixon was pardoned more for the good of the people than anything else.
Nixon and no prior knowledge or consent to the Water Gate break in but he did try and cover it up where as Bill Clinton did commit perjury in a federal court, perjury in a federal grand jury, conspire with Monica Lewinsky to obstruct justice, suborn a false affidavit from Monica, conspire with Monica to get a false affidavit from Linda Tripp, submitted two false affidavit to a federal court, etc.
Loser. Clinton had nothing to be pardoned for, therefore, no pardon issued. Who pardoned him? President Clinton? I thought only presidents could pardon. Am I wrong? Tell me.

Location hidden

#188506 Apr 14, 2014
Oh, almost for got, this is also for Deep Throat Jacqueau. Oliver North did not need a pardon from anyone as his sentence was VACATED.
But you will forget all about this in a few days and return to this forum to spout off you lies and distortions!!! I might have A.D.D. but Jacqueau has M.D.D.(Memory Deficit Disorder)

From Wiki: However, on July 20, 1990, with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU),[18] North's convictions were vacated, after the appeals court found that witnesses in his trial might have been impermissibly affected by his immunized congressional testimony.[19]

Because North had been granted limited immunity for his Congressional testimony, the law prohibited a prosecutor from using that testimony as part of a criminal case against him. To prepare for the expected defense challenge that North's testimony had been used, the prosecution team had—before North's congressional testimony had been given—listed and isolated all of its evidence.[citation needed] Further, the individual members of the prosecution team had isolated themselves from news reports and discussion of North's testimony. While the defense could show no specific instance in which North's congressional testimony was used in his trial, the Court of Appeals ruled that the trial judge had made an insufficient examination of the issue. Consequently, North's convictions were reversed. After further hearings on the immunity issue, Judge Gesell dismissed all charges against North on September 16, 1991.

Location hidden

#188507 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Loser. Clinton had nothing to be pardoned for, therefore, no pardon issued. Who pardoned him? President Clinton? I thought only presidents could pardon. Am I wrong? Tell me.
Can't figure it out, can you Libtard!!!!
Why did Bill Clinton sign a Consent Decree? Have you ever heard of someone signing a Consent Decree in lieu of a criminal indictment? I sure haven't.
They are common in CIVIL TORT LAW but I have never heard of it in CRIMINAL LAW!!!

Location hidden

#188508 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh, and who set up the Consent Decree and when? AG Janet Reno just before Bill left office. If she had not, the next AG appointed by G.W. Bush could have indicted him!!!
I am sure Bush did not mind as I am sure he did not want to be the first president to criminally try a former president!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#188509 Apr 14, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
"Chicago Police Department spokesman Adam Collins declined to comment on whether the weekend temperatures - Saturday reached 80 degrees, the city's warmest so far this year - contributed to the number of shootings, though criminologists have said weather does play a role in violent crime."
Tribune
Absolute nonsense. Maybe if we would have had a hurricane all the assholes would have stayed at home.

The only connection is that there may be more people outside. Are they trying to convince us that a few showers could have saved a life? Criminology...

I have people in the 21st century talking to me about full moons and how people go apeshit.

Or that there are more babies born on a full moon because of the tidal influence.

So far from the rational world. The pillow you put your head on at night has about a billion times the tidal pull on your brain than that of a full moon.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#188511 Apr 14, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Cities may seize homes for economic development, court rules
Associated Press | June 23, 2005
By Hope Yen
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled today that local governments may seize people's homes and businesses — even against their will — for private economic development.
It was a decision fraught with huge implications for a country with many areas, particularly the rapidly growing urban and suburban areas, facing countervailing pressures of development and property ownership rights.
The 5-4 ruling represented a defeat for some Connecticut residents whose homes are slated for destruction to make room for an office complex. They argued that cities have no right to take their land except for projects with a clear public use, such as roads or schools, or to revitalize blighted areas.
As a result, cities now have wide power to bulldoze residences for projects such as shopping malls and hotel complexes in order to generate tax revenue. Local officials, not federal judges, know best in deciding whether a development project will benefit the community, justices said.
"The city has carefully formulated an economic development that it believes will provide appreciable benefits to the community, including — but by no means limited to — new jobs and increased tax revenue,'' Justice John Paul Stevens wrote for the majority.
He was joined by Justice Anthony Kennedy, David H. Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen G. Breyer.
At issue was the scope of the Fifth Amendment, which allows governments to take private property through eminent domain if the land is for "public use.''
Susette Kelo and several other homeowners in a working-class neighborhood in New London, Conn., filed suit after city officials announced plans to raze their homes for a riverfront hotel, health club and offices.
New London officials countered that the private development plans served a public purpose of boosting economic growth that outweighed the homeowners' property rights, even if the area wasn't blighted.
Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who has been a key swing vote on many cases before the court, issued a stinging dissent. She argued that cities should not have unlimited authority to uproot families, even if they are provided compensation, simply to accommodate wealthy developers.
The lower courts had been divided on the issue, with many allowing a taking only if it eliminates blight.
"Any property may now be taken for the benefit of another private party, but the fallout from this decision will not be random,'' O'Connor wrote. "The beneficiaries are likely to be those citizens with disproportionate influence and power in the political process, including large corporations and development firms.''
She was joined in her opinion by Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, as well as Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas.
LMAO!!! Dumbass we have been through this before, remember "compensation". If your land were not yours, then the government wouldn't owe you "compensation".
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#188512 Apr 14, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Cows aren't land dumbass.
LMAO!!! I see you are having problems reading.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#188513 Apr 14, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
And who says a GED doesn't pay off?
LMAO!!! Don't be angry, keep trying!!!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#188514 Apr 14, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
Uncle Sam: "Excuse me there Dale... is that a soda in your hand?"
Dale: "Booyhowdy! Sure is, picked myself up a Pepsi back there at the Waa Waa."
Uncle Sam: "Hey... congratulations. I am going to need 8 cents."
Dale: "Uhh, for what?"
Uncle Sam: "Well, that soda."
Dale: "But, I bought this soda. I paid for it with my own money!"
Uncle Sam: "I can relate to your position, but I am still going to need 8 cents."
Dale: "What the hell are you talking about? What is mine is mine."
Uncle Sam: "Well, you say that.... but I am going to need 8 cents for you to continue to possess that Pepsi."
Dale: "You mean you are going to take it from me if I don't pay you 8 cents?"
Uncle Sam: "Indeed, think of it as a 'tax'."
Dale: "Well, umm... I didn't expect... you kinda caught me without funds... I had no idea that..."
Uncle Sam: "No worries, you can just leave that here with me until you go grab some money and we will square up when you get back."
Dale: "Oh, ok. Be right back."
Uncle Sam: "Ok, but...go fast... cause it is hot out and someone may pay the 8 cents before you get back."
Dale: "WHAT? Didn't I pay taxes when I bought the damn thing?"
Uncle Sam: "Shut up, Dale."
Dale: "Fine... brb."
LMAO!!! Your post is very lacking, keep trying for that GED. Remember, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Ottawa

#188515 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point? Driving long-haul truck is an honorable occupations. Just think if all the truck suddenly stopped running? All that Urban Libtard Cities would start to stave, they would fill up with garbage, then what?
Yes, I luv garbage men, plumbers, and all those people what work hard so others may live soft!!! Yep, you Libtards like to say you are for the little people when in fact to despise them. You are nothing more than a limousine liberal!!!
You think it is okay to take money from hard working Conservatives and give it to Libtards who refuse to work!!!
Jesse Watters Meets Food Stamp Surfer Dude From California
Greg Hengler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kkXxBy4x6rsXX
You Libtards think it is great the more people who are on food stamps while we Conservatives measure success by the numbers of people who no longer need food stamps.
I hate this, but I agree with you. Nothing wrong with being a trucker or plumber or whatever. If it's honest, it's good. In French , we say "Y'a pas d'sot métier" .(trsl, very loose : There is no such thing as a bad job). As I've said before, those big rigs fascinate me and I've made it a point of conversing with truckers on 5 continents. All of them different, and many very interesting.

In Europe, even today, very few auto transmission in cars, but mostly auto transmission in trucks

In Europe, when school's out, and when possible, truckers travel with their families

In Africa, a whole different sort of rules. Drivers have to be VERY resourceful. And if driver's not mechanically inclined, forget it. Yes, too long to explain, but believe me, different.

In South America, they drive their rigs like hot rods. They also bring their families with them when they can. When I was there, no auto transmissions. May have changed.

In Canada and the U.S., auto transmissions are more and more the norm in trucks, though a few years back, and the exact opposite of Europe, most cars had auto transmissions, most trucks no.

Asia : Saw plenty of truck traffic, but not knowledgeable on it.

What's the situation in North America now, Rogue?

Ottawa

#188516 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, almost for got, this is also for Deep Throat Jacqueau. Oliver North did not need a pardon from anyone as his sentence was VACATED.
But you will forget all about this in a few days and return to this forum to spout off you lies and distortions!!! I might have A.D.D. but Jacqueau has M.D.D.(Memory Deficit Disorder)
From Wiki: However, on July 20, 1990, with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU),[18] North's convictions were vacated, after the appeals court found that witnesses in his trial might have been impermissibly affected by his immunized congressional testimony.[19]
Because North had been granted limited immunity for his Congressional testimony, the law prohibited a prosecutor from using that testimony as part of a criminal case against him. To prepare for the expected defense challenge that North's testimony had been used, the prosecution team had—before North's congressional testimony had been given—listed and isolated all of its evidence.[citation needed] Further, the individual members of the prosecution team had isolated themselves from news reports and discussion of North's testimony. While the defense could show no specific instance in which North's congressional testimony was used in his trial, the Court of Appeals ruled that the trial judge had made an insufficient examination of the issue. Consequently, North's convictions were reversed. After further hearings on the immunity issue, Judge Gesell dismissed all charges against North on September 16, 1991.
So, limited testimony (under guise of official secrets act),he was coddled. Okay. Not pardoned. Didn't have to be.

Ottawa

#188517 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Can't figure it out, can you Libtard!!!!
Why did Bill Clinton sign a Consent Decree? Have you ever heard of someone signing a Consent Decree in lieu of a criminal indictment? I sure haven't.
They are common in CIVIL TORT LAW but I have never heard of it in CRIMINAL LAW!!!
and that's a pardon?

Ottawa

#188518 Apr 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and who set up the Consent Decree and when? AG Janet Reno just before Bill left office. If she had not, the next AG appointed by G.W. Bush could have indicted him!!!
I am sure Bush did not mind as I am sure he did not want to be the first president to criminally try a former president!!!
Then why was Nixon pardoned? Was Agnew also pardoned? If so, wasn't pardoning both the prez and the v.p. a first and last such combo pardon? Wow. Just asking, remember now.
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#188519 Apr 14, 2014
OLIVER NORTH and IRAN-CONTRA:
American Governmental Stupidity
http://tinyurl.com/l6sqgj
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/north/north.ht...

United States v. Oliver L. North
http://tinyurl.com/yszyz2
http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/walsh/chap_02....

THE IRAN-CONTRA AFFAIR / 1 9 8 3 - 1 9 8 8
http://tinyurl.com/3g9xnd
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/publications...

Iran-Contra Figure to Lead Democracy Efforts Abroad
February 3, 2005 / http://tinyurl.com/3spdg
Elliott Abrams, who pleaded guilty in 1991 to withholding information from Congress in the Iran-contra affair, was promoted to deputy national security adviser to President Bush.
Abrams, who previously was in charge of Middle East affairs, will be responsible for pushing Bush's strategy for advancing democracy.
The White House also announced yesterday that Faryar Shirzad, a deputy national security adviser for international economic affairs, will take on added responsibilities for humanitarian affairs, stabilization and reconstruction efforts.
Prior to joining the NSC staff, Shirzad was assistant secretary for import administration at the Commerce Department. Before that, he was the lead coordinator of international trade policy for the Bush-Cheney transition team.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...

Iran-contra affair
http://tinyurl.com/5wvelb /
Iran-contra affair, in U.S. history, secret arrangement in the 1980s to provide funds to the Nicaraguan contra rebels from profits gained by selling arms to Iran. The Iran-contra affair was the product of two separate initiatives during the administration of President Ronald Reagan. The first was a commitment to aid the contras who were conducting a guerrilla war against the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. The second was to placate "moderates" within the Iranian government in order to secure the release of American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon and to influence Iranian foreign policy in a pro-Western direction.
http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A082544...

Will Bunch: Tearing Down The Reagan 'Myth'
http://tinyurl.com/brnkpa / February 05, 2009
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Oliver North Questioned - Rex 84 Exposed During Iran Contra

Bush's talent for cronyism: foxes guarding the henhouse
Incompetent at best, dangerous at worst
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Bush_adm...

Iran-Contra Felons Get Good Jobs from Bush
March 13, 2002 / http://tinyurl.com/ebx8
http://www.blythe.org/nytransfer-subs/Central...

Libby judge 'perplexed' by clemency
His 30-month sentence was appropriate for the former Cheney aide, he writes in his first public comments on the issue. July 13, 2007 http://tinyurl.com/3ds8xvn
WASHINGTON — In an unusual expression of frustration, the judge who sentenced former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby to 30 months in jail, only to see the sentence commuted by President Bush, said he was "perplexed" by the act of clemency.
In his first public comments on the matter, U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton took issue with Bush's statement that the prison sentence ordered for Libby last month was "excessive." Walton defended the sentence, saying that he followed established legal precedents as well as a strict interpretation of federal sentencing guidelines that has been supported by Bush's own administration.
http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jul/13/natio...
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#188520 Apr 14, 2014
Libby Says Bush Authorized Leaks / http://tinyurl.com/zgjtq April 6, 2006
Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff has testified that President Bush authorized him to disclose the contents of a highly classified intelligence assessment to the media to defend the Bush administration's decision to go to war with Iraq, according to papers filed in federal court [PDF] on Wednesday by Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case. http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/0406...

----------

JUDGE AGREED PLAME WAS COVERT Was She or Wasn't She?
Arguing that Libby deserves jail time, Fitzgerald says Plame was a covert agent.
May 28, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/kztn8as
In new court filings, special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald has finally resolved one of the most disputed issues at the core of the long-running CIA leak controversy: Valerie Plame Wilson, he asserts, was a “covert” CIA officer who repeatedly traveled overseas using a “cover identity” in order to disguise her relationship with the agency.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2007/05...

---------

You Cannot Pardon a Crime you Authorized
War Crimes of President Bush and His Subordinates
November 27, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/89er9t
Statement from the Steering Committee for the Prosecution for War Crimes of President Bush and His Subordinates
Never before has a president pardoned himself or his subordinates for crimes he authorized. The closest thing to this in U.S. history thus far has been Bush's commutation of Scooter Libby's sentence. Bush is widely expected to follow that commutation with a pardon. Not only did Libby work for the White House, but he was convicted of obstruction of justice in an investigation that was headed to the president. Evidence introduced in the trial, including a hand-written note by the vice president, implicated Bush, and former Press Secretary Scott McClellan has since testified that Bush authorized the exposure of an undercover agent, that being the crime that was under investigation.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php...

------
Libby Trial Exhibits March 6, 2007
http://www.justice.gov/archive/osc/exhibits/0...

P R O C E E D I N G S Whereupon, I. LEWIS LIBBY was called as a witness and, after first being duly sworn by the Foreperson of the Grand Jury, was examined and testified as follows: EXAMINATION BY MR. FITZGERALD: Q. And Mr. Libby, if you could state your name for the record and spell your name? A. I. Lewis, L-e-w-i-s; Libby, L-i-b-b-y. Q. And do you have a nickname? A. I do. Q. Okay. And that is -- A. "Scooter".
http://www.justice.gov/archive/osc/exhibits/0...

P R O C E E D I N G S Whereupon, I. LEWIS LIBBY was called as a witness and, after first being duly sworn by the Foreperson of the Grand Jury, was examined and testified as follows: EXAMINATION BY MR. FITZGERALD: Q. Good morning, Mr. Libby. A. Good morning. http://www.justice.gov/archive/osc/exhibits/0...
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#188522 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Then why was Nixon pardoned? Was Agnew also pardoned? If so, wasn't pardoning both the prez and the v.p. a first and last such combo pardon? Wow. Just asking, remember now.
LOL

Rogue continues to live in the Rightwing Bubble.

----------

Spanish Judge calls for architects of Iraq invasion to be tried for war crimes
Baltasar Garzón, the Spanish judge who sought to prosecute Chilean dictator General Augusto Pinochet, has called for US President George W. Bush and his allies to be tried for war crimes over Iraq.

27 March 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/m79scbf
Writing in El Pais on the fourth anniversary of the invasion, Garzón stated,“Today, March 20, marks four years since the formal start of the war on Iraq. Instigated by the United States and Great Britain, and supported by Spain among other countries, one of the most sordid and unjustifiable episodes in recent human history began.

“Breaking every international law, and under the pretext of the war against terror, there has taken place since 2003 a devastating attack on the rule of law and against the very essence of the international community. In its path, institutions such as the United Nations were left in tatters, from which it has not yet recovered.”

“Instead of commemorating the war,” Garzón continues,“we should be horrified, screaming and demonstrating against the present massacre created as a consequence of that war.”

He then writes that George W. Bush and his allies should eventually face war crimes charges for their actions in Iraq:“We should look more deeply into the possible criminal responsibility of the people who are, or were, responsible for this war and see whether there is sufficient evidence to make them answer for it.”

“For many it would be merely a question of political responsibility, but judicial actions in the US are beginning to emerge, as is the case of the verdict passed on one of vice-president Cheney’s collaborators,[I. Lewis Libby] which point in a different direction.”

“There is enough of an argument in 650,000 deaths for this investigation and inquiry to start without more delay,” he added.

Garzón then turns his scathing criticisms towards the former Spanish Prime Minister, José María Aznar, who followed British Prime Minister Tony Blair in supporting Bush’s war of aggression against Iraq.
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/03/366294...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Cheftell 70,451
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min SweLL GirL 8,082
Ask Amy 4-30-16 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Red_Forman 928
Abby 4-30-16 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,252
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Hatti_Hollerand 5,979
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages