BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#187845 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have no problem with people whose opinion is based in facts.
Richard Toll is a climate scientist? Is that a fact?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#187846 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with that Libtardian Math.
Look who's talking about math. What a joke.

And Rougtard can't comprehend big words like extrapolation.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The onlu fool here is you.
60 million, eh? You mean 60 million voters?
Isn't that more than half the voters in the last presidential election?
If we extrapolate,let's say 52% voting Obama, then we can reasonably and logically assume that based on a total population of 315 million, and supposing that half, would the want to or would they be able to vote, we could conclude that that Obama would garner 165 million votes. So, it's not 60 million fools after all, oh foolish man, it's 165 million fools. You must surely want to move elsewhere. Please don't come to Canada.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#187847 Apr 3, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>No one is above the law, however it should be pointed out that the news media should cease and desist from using the pejorative term “birther” to ridicule and silence skeptics merely seeking the truth about Obama’s birth narrative until they are willing to concede their failure to vet Obama. They should include a disclaimer in their reports that they failed to investigate the veracity of the original “birther” claim when Hillary Clinton's camp first raised the issue on the campaign trail in 2008; and also when the results of an official law enforcement investigation declared Obama’s ID documents to be forgeries and fraudulently placed on the White House website to deceive the American public.
Obama is a foreign plant who was placed on the path to the presidency by ultra-rich Saudi nationals. This is why all of Obama’s education records have been permanently sealed.
You can't change what is happening right before our eyes so get saved now before the Rapture while there is still a very little time. Otherwise you will face the Tribulation, judgement and eternal damnation with Kenyan-born Obama the Antichrist and Jesuit Pope Francis the False Prophet.
Hee hee hee! They failed to "vet"?

He was thoroughly vetted.

Failed to investigate the fantastic story invented by Philly Cheeseburger? Is that a joke?

The story that mamma went to Kenya late in pregnancy even though the father was in the US? And then she smuggled him past customs and immigration authorities using a Hogwarts invisibility cloak so that he would be more than "just a citizen" but native born, ensuring the destiny foretold by the three wise men at the grass hut that he would someday be PRESIDENT!

Yee Hee!

Yeah! That's the Ticket!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187848 Apr 3, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The onlu fool here is you.
60 million, eh? You mean 60 million voters?
Isn't that more than half the voters in the last presidential election?
If we extrapolate,let's say 52% voting Obama, then we can reasonably and logically assume that based on a total population of 315 million, and supposing that half, would the want to or would they be able to vote, we could conclude that that Obama would garner 165 million votes. So, it's not 60 million fools after all, oh foolish man, it's 165 million fools. You must surely want to move elsewhere. Please don't come to Canada.
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with that Libtardian Math.
Grateful you correct my math and show me the errors of my way..

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187849 Apr 3, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
FALSE!
Richard Tol is not a climate scientist. He's an economist.
Only an ignorant fool thinks an economist is a climate scientist.
Well!! I'll have you know that an economist is as much a climate scientist as a helicopter pilot and truck driver.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187850 Apr 3, 2014
I'm scrolling, and noticing (too late) the TYPOS in my posts. Not getting any better, I am the typo king. I'll try to make an effort and maybe begin reviewing my texts..

Ex : onlu, that that , the want, way. grrr

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187851 Apr 3, 2014
Global Cooling - The REAL Inconvenient Truth: Part 1
Accesswire
6 hours ago

Three months ago, it snowed in Cairo, Egypt for the first time in 112 years.

2013 was the largest one-year temperature drop ever recorded in the United States.

The extent of the Antarctic sea ice is at record highs.

View gallery
.

It’s the Real Inconvenient Truth—right now the world is getting colder. And it’s likely to get even colder for the next 20 years—before a new, stronger cycle of sunspots begins, as they have for eons. They are statistically very, VERY accurate.

But there’s more, and it’s A Sad Truth: there is ample evidence that suggests private scientists and public servants have been manipulating the basic raw data that most everyone relies on to calculate climate change.(This story has great timing as the IPCC–International Panel on Climate Change–just released Part 5 of their most recent major assessment on climate science (even they can’t bring themselves to call it Global Warming anymore).)

There are some investment trends that come out of this new Truth, and some of it is as simple as get long snowmobile makers and get short lawn mowers. One trend is that Global Cooling should bring more seasonality in oil and gas prices, making energy ETF and commodity traders happy.

All of this is part of a new ground-breaking study completed by Unit Economics, an investment think-tank from Boston. They are a non-partisan group with no axe to grind on this issue; like me, they are here to make money for their clients. Show us a trend and we’ll figure out how to profit from it.

In Part I, you’ll understand the big swings in temperature the earth has experienced in the last million years, and the last thousand years, and the last 50 years. In Part II I’ll explain how sunspot activity directly correlates to ALL these temperature changes. And I’ll give you a hot, near-term investment trend to capitalize on this cool idea.

And in Part III, I’ll show you how some original research by Unit Economics has uncovered some disturbing data about the integrity of Global Warming science. And really, all they’re doing is adding to an already big pile.

BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT

Satellites first started measuring earth’s temperature in 1979. Over the next 20 years, temperatures did rise, by roughly 0.5 degrees Celsius (0.9°F). In the 15 years since, that trend has reversed–rendering the total temperature increase since 1979 a mere 0.35°C (0.6°F), well within the range of statistical noise.

The real culprit for climate change is simply—the sun, through a complicated but predictable set of cycles.

Those cycles predicted today’s cooling trend – and they predict it will continue for another two decades and may well lead to the coldest period on earth in the last 1,200 years.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187852 Apr 3, 2014
The Earth, the Sun, and the Temperature

The earth’s cycle around the sun stretches and contracts, creating 100,000-year temperature cycles. Our planet also slowly tilts one way and then the other, resulting in 41,000-year temperature cycles.

We know this because scientists have several methods to estimate historic weather, an effort that has produced this general result:

A few things jump out.

1. The 100,000-year temperature cycles are very apparent – and the current one is peaking.
2. The timeframe of this chart covers ice ages and tropical periods, which means it takes only a small change in global temperatures – only two to four degrees – to separate a very warm world from a very cold one.
3. Through the cycles of the last 800,000 years, the average global temperature is creeping upwards.
4. The magnitude of each cycle seems to be increasing.

Now, this chart should be taken with a grain of salt because the methods we use to conjure these numbers are not perfect. But at least the chart lets us put recent climate changes into historic context – a context that deserves a closer look.

The key takeaway is that the earth has been through some very warm periods and some pretty cold ones. Take the years between 800 and 1200 AD, for example. During these 400 years it was so warm that vineyards spread across central England and bountiful harvests almost doubled Europe’s population.

Then it all changed. By the mid-1300s England’s vineyards were gone and sea ice expanded so much that polar bears crossed to Greenland. This short cold snap was truncated in about 1400, when warmer weather returned for 150 years. Get the idea? Up, then down, then up, then down. And then came the Little Ice Age.

Lasting from 1550 right until 1850, the Little Ice Age froze Austria’s vineyards, forcing parched Austrians to switch from wine to beer. Winter fairs were held on the frozen Thames River for 20 years (you’ve all seen the paintings) and Hudson Bay was littered with ice chunks in mid-summer.

This period of time was so cold it earned the moniker The Dalton Minimum—a reference to the very low number of sunspots then. In the year 1816, storms dumped snow across New England and Quebec in June, lake ice lasted until August in Pennsylvania, and failed crops led to food riots in Britain and France.

So when you get asked, is the world warmer over the last 200 years, since the Industrial Revolution started? Yes, but it has squat to do with industry. That just happens to co-incide with the smallest sunspot activity in “modern” times.

Eventually the world started to warm again. From 1890 to 1934 central Europe barely saw any snow. Another warm spell from 1942 to 1953 had scientists predicting the death of Europe’s glaciers, a forecast invalidated when the world once again cooled.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187854 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have no problem with people whose opinion is based in facts.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Toll is a climate scientist? Is that a fact?
So is Dr. Micharl Mann and Dr. James Hansen and the fact is they cooked their data books and got caught doing it. Oh, Dr. Hansen's data shows that the Earth has been in a cooling trend since 2007!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187855 Apr 3, 2014
UN IPCC LEAD AUTHOR Dr. Richard Tol rips IPCC:‘The idea that climate change poses an existential threat to humankind is laughable’

Even if one accepts WG2&#8242;s estimate that a “further warming of 2°C could cause loses equivalent to 0.2-2 per cent of world gross domestic product,” that is “about as bad as losing one year of economic growth” in half a century, Tol notes. In contrast, since the start of the Eurozone financial crisis, the income of the average Greek has fallen more than 20%.
After noting that climate change is not even the biggest environmental problem (indoor air pollution has killed 260 million people — more than all the wars of the 20th century combined, Bjorn Lomborg estimates), Tol points out that the best protection from climate-related risk is economic growth and the institutions that facilitate it.'
http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/04/02/bjorn-...
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#187856 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have no problem with people whose opinion is based in facts. Tinka yesterday claimed West Virginia is a RED State (Republican) while the governor is a DEMOCRAT, the Democrats control the state legislature and both U.S. Senators are Democrats!!!! Now that is Libtardian Logic for you!!!
I don't even attempt to decipher Tinka's posts so I will take your word for it

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187857 Apr 3, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
FALSE!
Richard Tol is not a climate scientist. He's an economist.
Only an ignorant fool thinks an economist is a climate scientist.
Well dah, that is what he was talking about. You Libtards think Global Warming is BAD and he disagrees. During the Medieval Warm Period the Viking population boomed as did the Anastazi and the Mongols. Yes, the Mayan cult withered because they were to close to the Equator but the closer to the North Pole you got, the better things seem to have been!!!
And ifyou believe in Global Warming, you should move to ..... CANADA just as soon as you can!!!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187858 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The Earth, the Sun, and the Temperature
The earth’s cycle around the sun stretches and contracts, creating 100,000-year temperature cycles. Our planet also slowly tilts one way and then the other, resulting in 41,000-year temperature cycles.
We know this because scientists have several methods to estimate historic weather, an effort that has produced this general result:
A few things jump out.
1. The 100,000-year temperature cycles are very apparent – and the current one is peaking.
2. The timeframe of this chart covers ice ages and tropical periods, which means it takes only a small change in global temperatures – only two to four degrees – to separate a very warm world from a very cold one.
3. Through the cycles of the last 800,000 years, the average global temperature is creeping upwards.
4. The magnitude of each cycle seems to be increasing.
Now, this chart should be taken with a grain of salt because the methods we use to conjure these numbers are not perfect. But at least the chart lets us put recent climate changes into historic context – a context that deserves a closer look.
The key takeaway is that the earth has been through some very warm periods and some pretty cold ones. Take the years between 800 and 1200 AD, for example. During these 400 years it was so warm that vineyards spread across central England and bountiful harvests almost doubled Europe’s population.
Then it all changed. By the mid-1300s England’s vineyards were gone and sea ice expanded so much that polar bears crossed to Greenland. This short cold snap was truncated in about 1400, when warmer weather returned for 150 years. Get the idea? Up, then down, then up, then down. And then came the Little Ice Age.
Lasting from 1550 right until 1850, the Little Ice Age froze Austria’s vineyards, forcing parched Austrians to switch from wine to beer. Winter fairs were held on the frozen Thames River for 20 years (you’ve all seen the paintings) and Hudson Bay was littered with ice chunks in mid-summer.
This period of time was so cold it earned the moniker The Dalton Minimum—a reference to the very low number of sunspots then. In the year 1816, storms dumped snow across New England and Quebec in June, lake ice lasted until August in Pennsylvania, and failed crops led to food riots in Britain and France.
So when you get asked, is the world warmer over the last 200 years, since the Industrial Revolution started? Yes, but it has squat to do with industry. That just happens to co-incide with the smallest sunspot activity in “modern” times.
Eventually the world started to warm again. From 1890 to 1934 central Europe barely saw any snow. Another warm spell from 1942 to 1953 had scientists predicting the death of Europe’s glaciers, a forecast invalidated when the world once again cooled.
Why foist this cut-and-paste on your poor captive audience? Do you think anyone will read this? Why should we? Because it all suits your myopic cravings?

Tell me this : Who stands to gain the most financially from the climate and globe warming controversy, the environmentalist, gov't and university and research scientists or the oil/Exxon/BP/mining/Alcan/Barr ick/genetically modifying Monsato/Dupont companies of this world?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187859 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dah, that is what he was talking about. You Libtards think Global Warming is BAD and he disagrees. During the Medieval Warm Period the Viking population boomed as did the Anastazi and the Mongols. Yes, the Mayan cult withered because they were to close to the Equator but the closer to the North Pole you got, the better things seem to have been!!!
And ifyou believe in Global Warming, you should move to ..... CANADA just as soon as you can!!!
We'd love to welcome him, but I doubt he'll come.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187860 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have no problem with people whose opinion is based in facts.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Toll is a climate scientist? Is that a fact?
Does that mean his facts are wrong? Yep, typical Libtardian tactics. Can't attack the message (facts) so you attack the messenger (fact speaker).
Ah, Obama is a social progressive, ergo he lies!!!! It does not matter the subject, he can never admit the truth .

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187861 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have no problem with people whose opinion is based in facts. Tinka yesterday claimed West Virginia is a RED State (Republican) while the governor is a DEMOCRAT, the Democrats control the state legislature and both U.S. Senators are Democrats!!!! Now that is Libtardian Logic for you!!!
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even attempt to decipher Tinka's posts so I will take your word for it
I could have debunked most of her statements but I don't have the time. The ONLY reason why Tinka believes West Virginia is a RED state is because they voted for Mitt Romney. It did not matter to her the governor was a Democrat, the state legislature was controlled by the Democrats and both of the U.S. Senators are Democrats. And prior to the 2012 election, ALL three of WV's U.S. Reps were Democrats.
But Obama being is anti-coal and many West Virginians earn a living off of the coal industry so why should they have voted for someone who wants them all to be good poor people? And that is why in 2012 they voted for Mitt Romney and replaced two of the three Democrat U.S. Reps with Republicans.
But, to Tinka, WV has always been RED!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187862 Apr 3, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why foist this cut-and-paste on your poor captive audience? Do you think anyone will read this? Why should we? Because it all suits your myopic cravings?
Tell me this : Who stands to gain the most financially from the climate and globe warming controversy, the environmentalist, gov't and university and research scientists or the oil/Exxon/BP/mining/Alcan/Barr ick/genetically modifying Monsato/Dupont companies of this world?
Well, right now the only businesses that seem to be booming are ones that support your Global Warming agenda as Obama will shuffle money their way. If it was not for that fact, they would probably be neutral.
Oh yes, many of those companies will probably do better if the Earth is cooling but ONLY IF it is actually cooling as they are not being artificially propped up.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187863 Apr 3, 2014
Do we really need 100,000 ton super aircarft carriers or would smaller ones work better. The future British carrier will be about 65,000 tons and maybe that is the way to go.
Why make one with two nuclear reactors when one would be just as good? ALL of our nuclear submarines have only one reactor and they have a small diesel engine back that can get them home so why can we not do the same for our aircraft carriers?
I see carriers with one reactor and grossing about 65-75,000 tons and be able to pass through the NEW Panama Canal. Right now we have only ten operational carriers but we need at least two more plus a training carrier.
Just like in WWII we ended up with some medium sized carriers that could fill in, we can do that today.
Some times being too big is not an advantage. Just as Goliath!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#187864 Apr 3, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The onlu fool here is you.
60 million, eh? You mean 60 million voters?
Isn't that more than half the voters in the last presidential election?
If we extrapolate,let's say 52% voting Obama, then we can reasonably and logically assume that based on a total population of 315 million, and supposing that half, would the want to or would they be able to vote, we could conclude that that Obama would garner 165 million votes. So, it's not 60 million fools after all, oh foolish man, it's 165 million fools. You must surely want to move elsewhere. Please don't come to Canada.
You use Obama logic,basically useless logic. If eighty two percent disagree,then using your logic,that would be 290 million who disagree with Obama policies.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#187868 Apr 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have no problem with people whose opinion is based in facts. Tinka yesterday claimed West Virginia is a RED State (Republican) while the governor is a DEMOCRAT, the Democrats control the state legislature and both U.S. Senators are Democrats!!!! Now that is Libtardian Logic for you!!!
Tinka has proven herself to be nothing short of an absolute, impossible to follow the logic idiot. Classic liberal that doesn't know what she doesn't know while trying to sound super knowledgable and intellectual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,110,323
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Fair Game 46,765
Word (Dec '08) 38 min andet1987 4,728
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min MaryanMattie 49,888
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,717
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Faith 68,521
is there any girl frm ghaziabad .... 2 hr ayush11gupta 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••