BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 240314 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187677 Apr 1, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Blindly following anyone is for idiots. So is blindly hating
And you hate everyone equally?

Location hidden

#187678 Apr 1, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I know kids say the dardnest thing. You stole that from Art Linkletter. But then, you're good at that, aren't you? If stealing words had the same consequence as stealing physical property, you'd be in jail somewhere. Yes,kids do that, but it's often by being a chip off the old block, much like you with your paternalistic "clean polite black picknickers".
You still don't get it. Never mind.
I lived for more than 10 years with a population that was 99% black. What're you talking about? And yes, I do have black neighbours. And none of us, black or white, have guns, which so far in 2014, we have one murder, population 950,000. What's your population, and how many murders so far by guns? Oh, our one murder was not by a gun.
Last time . Cracker : White man who whipped his black slaves, with the whip making a cracking sound every time. Now explain to me why calling a white person a cracker is racist? Go ahead.
And the explain to me, unless you have as good a reason as the cracker one, why the N word is not racist. And how "whitey", denoting a white-skinned person, is racist.
Yes, I think it did come from Art Linkletter. I was trying to remember who said it but could not recall the person's name which means I could not given credit but not that I stole it. But are we sure that phrase ORIGINATED from Art?
And did the term "Cracker" originate from a slave master? And even if it does, using it against me when I have never owned a slave is racist. Are you a murderer even if you never murdered anyone? Are all Jews, Jesus killers? And, of course, you see no problem with someone talking about killing baby crackers?

Oh, if it is okay to call me a "whitey", is it okay for me to call a black person a "blackey"? I have no intention do so as, to me, it sounds demeaning .

Location hidden

#187679 Apr 1, 2014
Oh, about twenty years ago I was picking up my granddaughter at a childcare center run by a retired AT&T employee who happened to be black. My granddaughter was the ONLY white kid at that daycare center and when I arrived on day to pick her up I heard the woman say, go get that little "white" girl. Ah, my granddaughter has a name and I would never say, "get that little black girl' as EVERY child has a name!

Location hidden

#187680 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sake, Margaret Sanger used words like "negro" when it was widely used in the 1930s, "black" or "African American" coming much later. She did much work within the black community and was praised, and I remember it, did some research on her, didn,t know her, by MLK no less in the 60s. You quoted her use of "negro" with beaming approval. Yet, she would not call them '"negro" today, she'd show more respect and call them what they prefer being called.
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Americans should prefer to be called Americans,period. Why segregate our society?
I had a soldier assigned to my unit who was from Egypt and I use to call him my African-American which use to piss off the black soldiers and I would explain to them that George was born in Africa and his ancestors went way, way back and for all we know is that black Africans came from white Africans.
I also called George "camel jockey". Oh, he was Coptic Christian and immigrated with his parents at age 17.after his parents fled Egypt after the 1967 Israeli War and the Muslims blamed the war on the ........ Christian Egyptians!!!!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#187681 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>And you hate everyone equally?
Exactly. See I knew the illuminati could properly reeducate you.

Location hidden

#187682 Apr 1, 2014
How Chick-Fil-A Is Outselling KFC With A Fraction Of The Restaurants
Business Insider
By Ashley Lutz 17 hours ago

Chick-fil-A has surpassed KFC as the top chicken fast food chain.

Chick-fil-A's sales in 2013 passed $5 billion, compared with KFC's $4.2 billion, reports Venessa Wong at Bloomberg Businessweek.

Chick-fil-A has 1,775 U.S. stores, while KFC has 4,491. Despite a smaller footprint, Chick-fil-A's average sales are more than triple those of its larger competitor, Wong writes.

And Chick-fil-A achieves these results despite being closed on Sundays for religious reasons.
https://search.yahoo.com/search...

Location hidden

#187683 Apr 1, 2014
And this is NOT an April Fools joke either.

Nate Silver's new Senate forecast could terrify Democrats into action
Polling expert Nate Silver has come out with a new forecast: Republicans are currently favorites to take control of the Senate this fall. That prediction could open Democratic wallets.
Christian Science Monitor By Mark Sappenfield March 23, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/nate-silvers-senate-for...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187684 Apr 1, 2014
impeach this guy asap wrote:
CIA officer confirmed no protests before misleading Benghazi account given
Information on ground rejects protest account
By Guy Taylor
The Washington Times
Monday, March 31, 2014
Associated PressThen-Deputy CIA Director Michael J. Morell received an email dated Sept. 15, 2012 from the Libya station chief saying that the Benghazi attack was "not an escalation of protests."
Before the Obama administration gave an inaccurate narrative on national television that the Benghazi attacks grew from an anti-American protest, the CIA’s station chief in Libya pointedly told his superiors in Washington that no such demonstration occurred, documents and interviews with current and former intelligence officials show.
The attack was “not an escalation of protests,” the station chief wrote to then-Deputy CIA Director Michael J. Morell in an email dated Sept. 15, 2012 — a full day before the White House sent Susan E. Rice to several Sunday talk shows to disseminate talking points claiming that the Benghazi attack began as a protest over an anti-Islam video.
That the talking points used by Mrs. Rice, who was then U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, were written by a CIA that ignored the assessment by its own station chief inside Libya, has emerged as one of the major bones of contention in the more than two years of political fireworks and congressional investigations into the Benghazi attack.
What has never been made public is whether Mr. Morell and others at the CIA explicitly shared the station chief’s assessment with the White House or State Department.
Two former intelligence officials have told The Washington Times that this question likely will be answered at a Wednesday hearing of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence during which Mr. Morell is scheduled to give his public testimony.
Mr. Morell, who has since left the CIA, declined to comment on the matter Monday. He now works at Beacon Global Strategies, a Washington insider strategic communications firm.
One former intelligence official close to Mr. Morell told The Times on the condition of anonymity that “the whole question of communication with the station chief will be addressed in his testimony.”
“We’re confident that it will clarify the situation in the minds of many who are asking,” the former
Another former intelligence official told The Times that Mr. Morell did tell the White House and the State Department that the CIA station chief in Libya had concluded that there was no protest but senior Obama administration and CIA officials in Washington ignored the assessment.
Why they ignored it remains a topic of heated debate within the wider intelligence community.
A third source told The Times on Monday that Mr. Morell and other CIA officials in Washington were weighing several pieces of “conflicting information” streaming in about the Benghazi attack as the talking points were being crafted.
“That’s why they ultimately came up with the analysis that they did,” the source said.“The piece that was coming out of Tripoli was important, but it was one piece amid several streams of information.”
One of the former intelligence officials said the Libya station chief’s assessment was being weighed against media reports from the ground in Benghazi that quoted witnesses as saying there had been a protest. Analysts at the CIA, the source said, also were weighing it against reporting by other intelligence divisions, including the National Security Agency.
“The chief of station in Tripoli who was 600 or 700 miles away from the attacks wouldn’t necessarily have the only view of what actually went on in Benghazi,” that former official said.
U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the attack.
The Washington Times is owned by a right-wing ultra religious Korean anti-Democrat Obama holy roller. Such much for your sources.. And so what what kind of attack, protest or whatever? People died. Sad.
Linktv org

Brooklyn, NY

#187686 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Business Insider
Chick-fil-A's sales in 2013 passed $5 billion, compared with KFC's $4.2 billion, reports Venessa Wong at Bloomberg Businessweek.
Chick-fil-A has 1,775 U.S. stores, while KFC has 4,491. Despite a smaller footprint, Chick-fil-A's average sales are more than triple those of its larger competitor, Wong writes.
And Chick-fil-A achieves these results despite being closed on Sundays for religious reasons.
Domino's Pizza Owners Admit to Widespread Wage Theft
Owners of 23 outlets settle with workers for half a million dollars following waves of fast food workers' strikes, protests, and court battles
March 28, 2014 / http://tinyurl.com/mxy2hnr
The owners of 23 Domino's Pizza outlets in New York admitted to rampant theft of workers' wages and agreed Thursday to a nearly half a million dollar settlement with hundreds of employees for numerous labor violations.
"Fast food corporations like Domino’s and McDonald’s cannot hide from their responsibility for these unlawful practices," said Naquasia LeGrand, a Brooklyn KFC employee and member Fast Forward. "They’re the ones in control of the daily operations of their franchisees."
The settlement was the result of an investigation by State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman into allegations of wage theft. According to a press release from Schneiderman's office, between and 2013, the owners admitted to numerous violations, including: paying below minimum wage, refusing or underpaying overtime pay, and refusing to adequately compensate delivery drivers for their car expenses
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2014/03/...

The 23 restaurants owned by six franchisees:
http://www.ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Chart%20listing%20t...
Linktv org

Brooklyn, NY

#187687 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
The Washington Times is owned by a right-wing ultra religious Korean anti-Democrat Obama holy roller. Such much for your sources.. And so what what kind of attack, protest or whatever? People died. Sad.
Absolutely true Jacques and these are the people the rank and file Republicans believe in.

Sun Myung Moon cult leader who his followers thought was the Messiah.

Daddy Bush had to kiss his ring for funding and today Jeb Bush kissed Adelson's ring for funding.

Elect Another Republican?

Are You Insane?

ROTFL

LOL

Ottawa

#187690 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think it did come from Art Linkletter. I was trying to remember who said it but could not recall the person's name which means I could not given credit but not that I stole it. But are we sure that phrase ORIGINATED from Art?
And did the term "Cracker" originate from a slave master? And even if it does, using it against me when I have never owned a slave is racist. Are you a murderer even if you never murdered anyone? Are all Jews, Jesus killers? And, of course, you see no problem with someone talking about killing baby crackers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DDb2byj74oYXX
Oh, if it is okay to call me a "whitey", is it okay for me to call a black person a "blackey"? I have no intention do so as, to me, it sounds demeaning .
You really do NOT get it. Cracker has no racist connotation. Get it? The N word does and so does "Negro", though not as bad as said N word.

Whitey is no big deal - as to whether blackey, I'm not sure. I think not, but I'm not black. Ask a black person. Personally, I don't care if someone calls me '"whitey" - it all depends on the tone, the context. For example, we can say, in a friendly, even winning occasion " You lucky bastard", or to damn someone we don't like "You bastard". Get it?

All Jews, well, no Jews are baby killers . The Romans killed Jesus. And that does not make every Italian a baby killer. Satisfied?

Incredibly, and nuttilly, you write : "And, of course, you see no problem with someone talking about killing baby crackers?" Why? I always maintained and still do that I'm basically against abortion except in extreme cases like rape, endangerment to mother, and incest. Also, and unlike you, I don't pretend to know when life starts, and I don't pretend to be right based on my views on abortion, as there are so many people who think differently. You should try that for a change, it's called respect of others' views and tolerance.

"Thou shalt not kill". You agree with the Commandments, don't you? I've posed that question to you oftentimes. You never reply. If abortion is murder and therefore against the sixth commandment, how is capital punishment exempted from the commandment? Does the 6th commandment not replace the "eye for an eye" fossilized scricpture? Does it say somewhere in the 6th commandment that the gov't is exempt from putting people to death?

Ottawa

#187691 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sake, Margaret Sanger used words like "negro" when it was widely used in the 1930s, "black" or "African American" coming much later. She did much work within the black community and was praised, and I remember it, did some research on her, didn,t know her, by MLK no less in the 60s. You quoted her use of "negro" with beaming approval. Yet, she would not call them '"negro" today, she'd show more respect and call them what they prefer being called.
<quoted text>

Rogue Scholar wrote :

I had a soldier assigned to my unit who was from Egypt and I use to call him my African-American which use to piss off the black soldiers and I would explain to them that George was born in Africa and his ancestors went way, way back and for all we know is that black Africans came from white Africans.
I also called George "camel jockey". Oh, he was Coptic Christian and immigrated with his parents at age 17.after his parents fled Egypt after the 1967 Israeli War and the Muslims blamed the war on the ........ Christian Egyptians!!!!
Yes, you do archive your insane posts. Like the above. Word for word,for minimum, the 3rd time. I loved that sentence of yours, namely ; "I would explain to them that George was born in Africa and his ancestors went way, way back and for all we know is that black Africans came from white Africans." Ha ha, YOU would explain to them? YOU?'Nuff said.

Camel Jockey is as disparaging as the N word. Get with it.

I never heard of anyone in Egypt blaming the 1967 war on Crhistian Egyptians. Can you supply something, anything, on that? Mind you, I don't disbelieve you...

Ottawa

#187692 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Business Insider
So what and who cares? They both offer fatty, cholesterol-laden stratified hormone-filled chicken crap. That you would frequent either place is a sure sign of your advanced culinary and gourmet sophistication.

Ottawa

#187693 Apr 1, 2014
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely true Jacques and these are the people the rank and file Republicans believe in.
Sun Myung Moon cult leader who his followers thought was the Messiah.
Daddy Bush had to kiss his ring for funding and today Jeb Bush kissed Adelson's ring for funding.
Elect Another Republican?
Are You Insane?
ROTFL
LOL
Right on.

About Benghazi, and I did not have enough characters left...I wanted to once more point out that the post-handling of this sad affair was totally f**ked up by every level of the Obama administration. Who would argue that? But the attack itself, to blame the Sec of State, why, even the president, for not providing adequate protection for a foreign mission is just plain stupid. The "cultural centre" was a CIA outpost, everyone now knows that. Blame the CIA, not Clinton or Obama. Blame them for a poorly-handled post-mortem, of course, but not the security details.
Ellen1

Dedham, MA

#187694 Apr 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>If Frank Marshall Davis or Malcolm Small is Obama's father, it proves that Obama lies.
Politicians lie---what made you so gullible as to believe that they didn't. But people cannot lie about their fathers since they do not know who their fathers are. None of us (except for those very few who have had DNA tests performed) know who our real fathers are. We say that someone acted like a father or someone's name was on the birth certificate, and that is all that we can say. And Obama senior's name was on Obama's birth certificate----as the officials in Hawaii have repeatedly confirmed (since they confirmed ALL the facts on Obama's birth certificate, and the name of the father was one of the facts on it).

However, for legal purposes IF someone other than Obama senior were Obama's real father (which has exactly the same chance of having happened as someone other than the man on your birth certificate being your real father or someone other than the man on my birth certificate being my real father). the effect in terms of the law would be NIL and the effect in terms of politics would also be NIL. That is because, wait for it, you cannot inherit political views through your DNA.

Location hidden

#187695 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Right on.
About Benghazi, and I did not have enough characters left...I wanted to once more point out that the post-handling of this sad affair was totally f**ked up by every level of the Obama administration. Who would argue that? But the attack itself, to blame the Sec of State, why, even the president, for not providing adequate protection for a foreign mission is just plain stupid. The "cultural centre" was a CIA outpost, everyone now knows that. Blame the CIA, not Clinton or Obama. Blame them for a poorly-handled post-mortem, of course, but not the security details.
Disagree with you. During the attack on the Marine barrack at Beirut in 1983 we had zero intelligence on a truck bomb attack and a few minutes after they attacked our Marines they also truck bombed the French paratroopers Yep, along with the 241 U.S. marines, sailor and soldiers killed, 58 French paratroopers were also killed.
In the months leading up to the Benghazi attack both the British and the Red Cross PULLED OUT because intelligence said the risks were too high. So instead of either increasing our security or closing down operation Obama/Clinton REDUCED security!!! That is CRIMINAL negligence. If an Army general had made that decision, he would have been court martialled.
You are nothing but an Obama apologizer!!!!

Ottawa

#187696 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree with you. During the attack on the Marine barrack at Beirut in 1983 we had zero intelligence on a truck bomb attack and a few minutes after they attacked our Marines they also truck bombed the French paratroopers Yep, along with the 241 U.S. marines, sailor and soldiers killed, 58 French paratroopers were also killed.
In the months leading up to the Benghazi attack both the British and the Red Cross PULLED OUT because intelligence said the risks were too high. So instead of either increasing our security or closing down operation Obama/Clinton REDUCED security!!! That is CRIMINAL negligence. If an Army general had made that decision, he would have been court martialled.
1. The barracks? Why'd you bring that up? What's it got to do with Benghazi? BTW, and you're knowledgeable on military affairs, tell us all why on earth you would place 100s of active soldiers in a war zone in a mutli-storey bulding and not bivouacked, spaced out in MANY barracks or tents? Who was president? Who was sec of state? Why did Reagan allow the marines to be bicouacked in ONE 4-storey building? What was Reagan thinking? How'd you like the line of questioning? Ridiculous, you'll say? Yes, but not as ridiculous as blaming Obama and Hillary Clinton for poor security in Benghazi. Remember, also, the Ambassador had waived off offers of additional security. That "cultural centre" was a CIA cover - let the CIA look after their own security.

2. Yes, an Obama apologizer am I, an apologizer who says that Obama and Clinton screwed up the post-Benghazi thing. Tell us again why Reagan did not make sure the Marines were spread out - as any student cadet will tell you when in hostile territory.

Location hidden

#187697 Apr 1, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
1. The barracks? Why'd you bring that up? What's it got to do with Benghazi? BTW, and you're knowledgeable on military affairs, tell us all why on earth you would place 100s of active soldiers in a war zone in a mutli-storey bulding and not bivouacked, spaced out in MANY barracks or tents? Who was president? Who was sec of state? Why did Reagan allow the marines to be bicouacked in ONE 4-storey building? What was Reagan thinking? How'd you like the line of questioning? Ridiculous, you'll say? Yes, but not as ridiculous as blaming Obama and Hillary Clinton for poor security in Benghazi. Remember, also, the Ambassador had waived off offers of additional security. That "cultural centre" was a CIA cover - let the CIA look after their own security.
2. Yes, an Obama apologizer am I, an apologizer who says that Obama and Clinton screwed up the post-Benghazi thing. Tell us again why Reagan did not make sure the Marines were spread out - as any student cadet will tell you when in hostile territory.
Again, can you f-ing read?!? Truck bombs were a relevant new thing (not near as common as today)! Next, the French stayed!!!!
At Benghazi the British and the Red Cross pulled out while we REDUCED our security. Again, Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton were CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT before the attack!!!! They are also guilty of covering up and lying to CONGRESS!!!
If they were military generals, they would have been court martialled but they are politicians so they should be IMPEACHED!!!
Linktv org

Brooklyn, NY

#187698 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Right on.
Benghazi Libya is in the middle of a warzone with a hostile environment all around and yet the Republicans are wondering how this could happen and it must be Obama's and Clintons fault.

Republicans forget about the 9 months of warnings Bush and Cheney had before September 11, 2001 and did absolutely nothing to try and stop it.

And the lies by the Bush administration for WMD in Iraq cooking the books in the Rumsfeld Pentagon and Cheney's Office.

----------

13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News / 05/09/2013 / http://tinyurl.com/brshhxr

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.
December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers.(I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

=======

Doug Feith Cooked The Books For Bush Audio
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/downloads/a...
Linktv org

Brooklyn, NY

#187699 Apr 1, 2014
Republican Congressman brags about cutting Benghazi security funding on CNN / May 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/km59eoa
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) joyfully takes credit for supporting legislation that cut funding for embassy security, leading to the death of three Americans from an attack against an under-staffed outpost in Benghazi, Libya.

Paul Ryan, Darrel Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions./

-
------

The GOP’s embassy security problem
10/10/12 / http://tinyurl.com/obrns38
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has scheduled a fairly high-profile hearing today on security lapses at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. There’s one nagging problem, however, that might cause Republicans some trouble.
For example, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), a member of Issa’s committee, told Soledad O’Brien this morning that he expects to hear testimony about security that “didn’t meet the basic, minimum standards required for a facility such as the one we had in Benghazi.” Chaffetz added that policymakers have to “make sure it doesn’t happen in other places around the world.”
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-g...

---------

GOP Rep: I ‘Absolutely’ Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security
October 10, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/8dtbwbd
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) said today that he voted to cut funding for U.S. embassy security amid political attacks from Republicans that the Obama administration did not do enough to secure the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya that was attacked last month.

Republicans and their allies have been trying to politicize the attack — which killed four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya — suggesting, without evidence, the Obama administration may have ignored intelligence that the attack was imminent, didn’t properly secure the Benghazi compound and is now trying to cover it up.

But hidden beneath the GOP campaign is the fact that House Republicans voted to cut nearly $300 million from the U.S. embassy security budget. When asked if he voted to cut the funds this morning on CNN, Chaffetz said,“Absolutely“:
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/10/10/...

----------

GOP cuts to embassy security draw scrutiny, jabs from Democrats
09/18/12 / http://tinyurl.com/9ajgehg

Republicans have sought to cut hundreds of millions of dollars slated for security at U.S. embassies and consulates since gaining control of the House in 2011.
Democrats are scrutinizing the GOP proposals in the wake of attacks on U.S. embassies and consulates in the Middle East, one of which saw Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans murdered.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/250237-gop-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,521,428
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,284
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 3 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 7
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 4 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 4
News Scenes from Saturday's March for Science 7 hr Trump is the man 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr honeymylove 2,526
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr SweLL GirL 10,573

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages