BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187084 Mar 24, 2014
I luv it when Libtards try and do the Texas Two-Step around Climate Change. The very fact that they mention "warming pause" means they are worried that Climate Change may actually include Global COOLING!!!

Shifts in rainfall, not warming pause, slow sea level rise
Reuters
By Alister Doyle, Environment Correspondent 16 hours ago

OSLO (Reuters)- Heavy rains from the Amazon to Australia have curbed sea level rise so far this century by shifting water from the oceans to land, according to a study that rejects theories that the slowdown is tied to a pause in global warming.

Sea level rise has been one of the clearest signs of climate change - water expands as it warms and parts of Greenland and Antarctica are thawing, along with glaciers from the Himalayas to the Alps.

But in a puzzle to climate scientists, the rate slowed to 2.4 millimeters (0.09 inch) a year from 2003 to 2011 from 3.4 mm from 1994-2002, heartening skeptics who doubt that deep cuts are needed in mankind's rising greenhouse gas emissions.

Writing in the journal Nature Climate Change on Sunday, experts said the rate from 2003-2011 would have been 3.3 mm a year when excluding natural shifts led by an unusually high number of La Nina weather events that cool the surface of the Pacific Ocean and cause more rain over land.

"There is no slowing in the rate of sea level rise" after accounting for the natural variations, lead author Anny Cazenave of the Laboratory for Studies in Geophysics and Spatial Oceanography in Toulouse, France, told Reuters

http://news.yahoo.com/shifts-rainfall-not-war...
The Half-Black President

Jacksonville, FL

#187085 Mar 24, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Thoughtful posts.
By the way "Arm the Homeless" is one of my favorite slogans.
But disarm CONSERVATIVES!!!
The Half-Black President

Jacksonville, FL

#187086 Mar 24, 2014
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government freaks everyone out, The prostitutes in Washington DC want to divide and conquer our citizenry so they can get elected to only benefit themselves.
We need a third and fourth party to represent our interest.
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought all you had to have is some representative a whole party for what whom who??? I mean exactly to even say that you now under strict trial to accomplish start one......
Well, why don't you vote the Green Party or the Justice Party? Ya kneed ta thinka on that won some.
The Half-Black President

Jacksonville, FL

#187087 Mar 24, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
"The United States cannot achieve energy indepenence without high-speed rail."
How is ya gonna power dis high-speed rail? Amtrak is usually only 10% full on the average run and if you double the speed of the train, it still will not go up that much. It is all about population density. Maybe if we increase America's population to over one billion it might make sense!
The Half-Black President

Jacksonville, FL

#187088 Mar 24, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
"The United States cannot achieve energy indepenence without high-speed rail."
Oh, did you hear about the light rail accident at O'Hare last night? Ya know if this accident had happened phore or phive hours later, their wood have been ten times as many people hurt.

Dozens hurt on derailed train at O'Hare Airport

Around 30 people were injured, none seriously, when an eight-car train crashed through a barrier at the end of the platform and jumped up an escalators at Chicago O'Hare International Airport on Monday, according to Chicago's Transit Authority.

Six people were listed in fair condition and 26 in good condition at three area hospitals, according to fire officials, the Chicago Tribune reports. None are believed to be life-threatening.

The train derailed around 2:50 a.m.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
The Half-Black President

Jacksonville, FL

#187089 Mar 24, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought all you had to have is some representative a whole party for what whom who??? I mean exactly to even say that you now under strict trial to accomplish start one......
Of course you live "in a city", you is a Libtard and Libtards need the company of other Libtards.
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#187090 Mar 24, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
NAFTA comprises 3 countries, USA, Canada, Mexico. Who gains , who loses?
It has been my understanding that the wealthy few who already own most of Congress benefit the most from NAFTA.

Passing NAFTA and terminating Glass/Steall destroyed hard working middle class and working poor.

If NAFTA is so great why is thousands of Mexicans still crossing the border into the United States illegally.

Back in 1992 only Ross Perot was warning about the evils of NAFTA and Daddy Bush, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Dan Quayle ridiculed him.

Plus look at all the former Presidents of the USA who showed up at the Clinton White House to sell NAFTA to our masses?

Former Presidents: Republican Ford, Democratic Carter, Republican Daddy Bush, and Reagan was too sick or he would have gone also.

At that time I started to think that how can all these past Presidents be wrong and only Perot be right.

History proved Perot right and all the corporate prostitutes who benefitted wrong.
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#187091 Mar 24, 2014
The Half-Black President wrote:
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government freaks everyone out, The prostitutes in Washington DC want to divide and conquer our citizenry so they can get elected to only benefit themselves.
We need a third and fourth party to represent our interest.
<quoted text>
Well, why don't you vote the Green Party or the Justice Party? Ya kneed ta thinka on that won some.
I believe I am on the right side of history by voting for Ralph Nader and not Barack Obama in 2008 and for Ron Paul and not John McCain in the Primary.

I will give you credit for picking out two good organizations Rogue.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#187092 Mar 24, 2014
Rogue,
Don't be so dense.
If you build it, they will come.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#187093 Mar 24, 2014
"Th United States cannot achieve energy independence without high-speed rail"

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#187094 Mar 24, 2014
Amtak ridership increases every year..
Many people do not trust the airlines.
Living near an airportt is like living near an oil refinery, but worse.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#187095 Mar 24, 2014
Rogie,
That is a blatant falsehood to say that Amtrak trains are only at 10% rider capacity.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#187096 Mar 24, 2014
Rogue,
239 people are missing and presumed dead on a Boeing Triple Seven.
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#187097 Mar 24, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Much to the dismay of present company, I proposed the union of the Tea party and progressive liberals as a base for a real third party not long ago.
Would you believe they are more interested in maintaining ranks than taking control of America again?
There can be no third party in America. Anyone remotely interested in politics has already cast their die. Interestingly enough, no one I talk to who claims to be under a particular banner is able to sell me on why they are right. However, they are more than versed on why the other guys are wrong.
When someone asks you to defend what you believe to be true,(politically) you should possess the ability to reasonably and logically explain why your ideas are superior.
If your case is that the other guys idea sucks... you still have all your work ahead of you.
It is a product of our unrelenting media circus... and now a slowly rotting of freedom of the press.
When I think with my heart, America would be saved if only people knew what people like you do. We could vote out the baddies and have a party that is representative of the citizenry. Then we could fix everything.
Unfortunately, then my brain takes over. Those who aren't militantly ill informed are apathetic. I think we are just going to have to ride this thing into the ground. We live in a time when our govt. can threaten US with a shutdown. To me, that says all that needs to be said.
If we gave a damn at all we would reply, "You know what? Do it. And stay shut down. You will be replaced... or not."
We have a broken system. We need to replace, not repair. Repairing broken systems is a giant waste of time.
What is the worst that can happen? The US dissolves into 50 states until we draw something up that gets it right. We could say... start with the constitution, and rebuild from the foundation up.
I am in agreement with you and the sad truth remains that both corrupt corporate parties Democrats and Republicans in collusion with corrupt corporate mainstream media and corrupt corporate rightwing wing media will never allow viable third parties to compete with them.

Most Americans are dissatisfied disgruntled with business as usual in Washington DC.

Why do you think Perot received such a large percentage of the vote in 1992?

Why did Obama win in a landslide in 2008 and turning 10 Bush Republican Red States Blue?

Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Florida, New Hampshire, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, and North Carolina were all Bush red states that a Black man won in 2008.

After Obama won in a landslide he governed like a corporate hack and continued over 90% of all Bush and Cheney failed and illegal policies.

Even Obamacare is a Republican Healthcare Template instead of implementing a liberal Single Payer ( Medicare for all Americans ) or even a liberal Public Option.

Scrutiny,'We The People' have to stop voting in these lesser of two evils and start voting for any and all third party outsiders.

I know it is a herculean task but I see no way to get out of this mess.

==========
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#187098 Mar 24, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Our whole system is rigged against 99% of all Americans Tinka.

Both sides talk a good game but once in office do the opposite.

----------

No Debate: How the Republican and Democratic Parties Secretly Control the Presidential Debates / http://tinyurl.com/4q5vf8 / October 2, 2008
The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed, secret contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. We speak to Open Debates founder and executive director George Farah.
Whats missing however is any concern about the fairness of the very structure of the debate. The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. But the contract remains secret and the Commission on Presidential Debates, a private corporation created by the two major parties, has refused to release the contract to the public.
Open Debates is a non-profit committed to democratizing the presidential debate process. Last month Open Debates and nine other pro-democracy groups called on the Commission to make the contract public.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/2/no_deba...

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#187099 Mar 24, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just described our system. Full of flaws it is, but much better than yours. Our top guy does NOT have a full 4 years of certain power before him not matter what he/she does. In our system, Nixon, Clinton (unfortunately) and GWB would've been out on their respective asses so fast it would've made their heads spin. It's Westminster, the lesser of many evils.
I think we could knock term limits down to 2 years... at least for the first decade or so.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187100 Mar 24, 2014
acques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
NAFTA comprises 3 countries, USA, Canada, Mexico. Who gains , who loses?
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been my understanding that the wealthy few who already own most of Congress benefit the most from NAFTA.
Passing NAFTA and terminating Glass/Steall destroyed hard working middle class and working poor.
If NAFTA is so great why is thousands of Mexicans still crossing the border into the United States illegally.
Back in 1992 only Ross Perot was warning about the evils of NAFTA and Daddy Bush, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Dan Quayle ridiculed him.
Plus look at all the former Presidents of the USA who showed up at the Clinton White House to sell NAFTA to our masses?
Former Presidents: Republican Ford, Democratic Carter, Republican Daddy Bush, and Reagan was too sick or he would have gone also.
At that time I started to think that how can all these past Presidents be wrong and only Perot be right.
History proved Perot right and all the corporate prostitutes who benefitted wrong.
So, none of the 3 aforementioned countries benefited, except that the working middle class and the poor lost out to a few rich individuals. Hmmm, makes sense. We were the winners at first, on all fronts. No more. Sounds crappy all right - needs rethinking, at least for me.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#187101 Mar 24, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Thoughtful posts.
By the way "Arm the Homeless" is one of my favorite slogans.
Glad you like it.
Google it and you may appreciate it even more...:)
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#187102 Mar 24, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Amtak ridership increases every year..
Many people do not trust the airlines.
Living near an airportt is like living near an oil refinery, but worse.
Americans need another General Eisenhower who as President invested in our infrastructure roads, bridges, tunnels, et cetera.

Back in his day the wealthiest top one percentile had to pay 91% in taxes.

Bush and Cheney even gave large tax cuts mostly for the wealthy in a time of two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan so the wars were not paid for.

Very Sad, but very true.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#187103 Mar 24, 2014
The Half-Black President wrote:
<quoted text>
But disarm CONSERVATIVES!!!
Has zero to do with factions Rouge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,127,285
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 3 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 7 hr Wolverine33 654
Rattlesnake Logic 10 hr i need a bump to 22
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago