BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 243399 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#187350 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
The birthers actually helped Obama by their radicalism. They made themselves easy targets. Sometimes I wonder if it was a false flag operation
Your assertion is even more incredulous than any birther fantasy.

From up here and across the border, the whole Constitutional thing appears to be so ridiculous, outdated and passé.

Indeed, a person born in a country other than the USA, let's say, June 30 and moving to the USA July 01 with his new parents, becoming a U.S. citizen along with his parents after 3 years' residence, having lived in the United States all his/her life except for the 1st day, having perhaps served in the armed forces, clean record, productive citizen, honest, good family person, IS NOT ELIGIBLE to run for the presidency? Has someone lost it? Yet, another dishonest lying shiftless person, solely because said person was born on U.S. soil from U.S. parents is perfectly eligible? I repeat, has someone lost it?

That Constitutional exigency may have been logical and even prudent in the 19th century when the Republic was in its infancy and loyalty of non-natural-born citizens may have cast doubts, but here we are in 2014 and this silly rule still applies? Same for the 2nd amendment. Made sense when it was enacted, as the newly-born U.S. was still menaced, is a farce today, specially when one reads about the "militia". Typical NRA gun owners don't even know what "militia" means,much less be part of one. Get rid of those stupid dépassé obsolete rules.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#187351 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
The birthers actually helped Obama by their radicalism. They made themselves easy targets. Sometimes I wonder if it was a false flag operation
They certainly did help.

Nothing like an entire sect of people shouting nonsense at you to loan you credibility.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#187352 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is
Good. Not that it matters, Ted isn't what I would call electable. Then again... I haven't thought any dem or rep (mainstream) candidate has been electable for a long time now.(Save Dr. Paul who the media took pain staking steps to edit out of existence.)

No bearing on what they did, or what kind of person/president they turned out to be.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#187353 Mar 27, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertion is even more incredulous than any birther fantasy.
From up here and across the border, the whole Constitutional thing appears to be so ridiculous, outdated and passé.
Indeed, a person born in a country other than the USA, let's say, June 30 and moving to the USA July 01 with his new parents, becoming a U.S. citizen along with his parents after 3 years' residence, having lived in the United States all his/her life except for the 1st day, having perhaps served in the armed forces, clean record, productive citizen, honest, good family person, IS NOT ELIGIBLE to run for the presidency? Has someone lost it? Yet, another dishonest lying shiftless person, solely because said person was born on U.S. soil from U.S. parents is perfectly eligible? I repeat, has someone lost it?
That Constitutional exigency may have been logical and even prudent in the 19th century when the Republic was in its infancy and loyalty of non-natural-born citizens may have cast doubts, but here we are in 2014 and this silly rule still applies? Same for the 2nd amendment. Made sense when it was enacted, as the newly-born U.S. was still menaced, is a farce today, specially when one reads about the "militia". Typical NRA gun owners don't even know what "militia" means,much less be part of one. Get rid of those stupid dépassé obsolete rules.
I think the Constitution got it right... none of the stuff about mothers and military service are inside the Constitution.

Apparently we have expanded the definition by leaps and bounds.

In another 25 years, if there is an American within 100 meters of the room you were born in... you can be president.

This is the only office that has that kind of restriction on it. I don't think it is too much to ask.
Learn to Read

United States

#187354 Mar 27, 2014
<quoted text>Your assertion is even more incredulous than any birther fantasy.

Are you kidding me? You don't approve of our Constituon? Or is just confusing to you since it is written in English?

The fact remains that - like it or not - it is the law under which we operate and until such time as we see fit to amend the rules we must follow them. The confusions and consternations of Canadians and Birfoons are equally pointless. Birfoons fantasize that they can ignore the law and read in special secret requirements yet find themselves in the same "tough luck bozo - that's not the REAL law" boat as you.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#187355 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is false since John McCain was not born in the US and legally ran for President.
Ah, have you ever looked at John McCain's birther certificate? It's in ENGLISH. The Panama Canal Zone was a U.S;. Territory at the time. Just like Hawaii prior to 1959.
Next, both of his parents were U.S. citizens so it does not matter even if he was born on MARS!!! Oh, my younger sister was born in Munich, Germany in a U.S. Army hospital to two U.S. citizen parents and was issued a DS-1350 (Google it) which means she is an NBC.
http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid...
Oh, John McCain was never issued a DS-1350 because he was not born in a foreign country.

Location hidden

#187356 Mar 27, 2014

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? You don't approve of our Constituon? Or is just confusing to you since it is written in English?
The fact remains that - like it or not - it is the law under which we operate and until such time as we see fit to amend the rules we must follow them. The confusions and consternations of Canadians and Birfoons are equally pointless. Birfoons fantasize that they can ignore the law and read in special secret requirements yet find themselves in the same "tough luck bozo - that's not the REAL law" boat as you.
Typical Libtardian Logic 101. "I disagree so it is not relevant"!!! I wonder why we have a U.S. Supreme Court?
BTW, it looks like Chief Justice Roberts has sided against the Obama administration in the Hobby Lobby case. You can tell from the rhetoric coming out of the White House.

Location hidden

#187357 Mar 27, 2014
I wonder if John Stewart knows why Entomologists automatically are exempted from ObamaCare!

Jon Stewart Reveals the Absurdity of Hobby Lobby's Supreme Court Case
The Atlantic Wire
By Ben Cosman 6 hours ago

Earlier this week, the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, the case in which a craft store chain is claiming the Affordable Care Act's birth control mandate violates its religious beliefs. You may be thinking that a private corporation suing over its religious beliefs sounds asinine. Jon Stewart explained last night that, well, indeed it is.

Not only is it the silliest sounding Supreme Court case, as Stewart said, "since 1950's Brown v. Board of Titty Farts," but Hobby Lobby's lawsuit is a thinly veiled attack on Obama's healthcare law as a whole, disguised as an assertion of religious rights. See, the craft store claims it is a corporation founded on biblical principles. You know, like that one time Jesus took up knitting:
http://news.yahoo.com/jon-stewart-reveals-abs...

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#187358 Mar 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, have you ever looked at John McCain's birther certificate? It's in ENGLISH. The Panama Canal Zone was a U.S;. Territory at the time. Just like Hawaii prior to 1959.
Next, both of his parents were U.S. citizens so it does not matter even if he was born on MARS!!! Oh, my younger sister was born in Munich, Germany in a U.S. Army hospital to two U.S. citizen parents and was issued a DS-1350 (Google it) which means she is an NBC.
Oh, John McCain was never issued a DS-1350 because he was not born in a foreign country.
Makes no difference where a child of a citizen is born. Get it yet?

Location hidden

#187359 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Birthers who themselves are not only black, but blacker than Obama is who is only half-black? The last I knew, Barracks mother, grandparents, etc. where all WHITE!!!!

Location hidden

#187360 Mar 27, 2014
Obama is a Pookie in that he is a half-black person living in a big house he does not own!
Pookie the African Lion does Motown.

Location hidden

#187361 Mar 27, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
You can't become a naturally born citizen... you are either born here or not.
Oooo, good job. You pissed off a few Libtards!!!!
Learn to Read

United States

#187362 Mar 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Jacques from Ottawa wrote:

Typical Libtardian Logic 101. "I disagree so it is not relevant"!!! I wonder why we have a U.S. Supreme Court?
BTW, it looks like Chief Justice Roberts has sided against the Obama administration in the Hobby Lobby case. You can tell from the rhetoric coming out of the White House.
You mean that same Supreme Court that has flushed Birfoon fables time after time? I guess your willingness to dismiss them when they don't support your fable just proves that you're a "Libtard". Somehow I am not surprised by this revelation.

Location hidden

#187363 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Title 8 of the US Code, Section 1401 defines the following as citizens of the United States upon birth… or natural born citizens:
Anyone born inside the United States. The person must be “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States.(This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.)
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person’s status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
http://ivn.us/2013/08/13/defining-natural-bor...
You do know IVN is a loony-lefty site, don't you?

Location hidden

#187364 Mar 27, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
So in what ways did Rogue embarrass himself today?
Just the short version, major highlights, please.
You don't know? Of course you do knot no as you is a Libtard Troll.

Location hidden

#187365 Mar 27, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Constitution got it right... none of the stuff about mothers and military service are inside the Constitution.
In another 25 years, if there is an American within 100 meters of the room you were born in... you can be president.
This is the only office that has that kind of restriction on it. I don't think it is too much to ask.
Ah, the Vice Presidential candidate must also be an NBC!

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#187366 Mar 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know IVN is a loony-lefty site, don't you?
How about this?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1401

Ottawa

#187367 Mar 27, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, it did get it right, as it did for the 2nd amendment. Interpretations by haters and buffoons have derailed the original purposes. Still, it should be clarified once and for all - the 2nd was, wrongly clarified but clarified nonetheless. And you're right, let Cruz run, he'll make Romney look like a winner.

Location hidden

#187368 Mar 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Panama is a Spanish speaking country so why is McCain's BC in English?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Ottawa

#187369 Mar 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote : "John McCain's birther certificate?" Birther certificate? LOL. Is that a freudian or just a plain birfoon slip?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min VetnorsGate 1,745,679
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Shh 12,231
Trump is A 1 hr Independent Thinker 614
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 105,472
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Black Ice 72,074
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 7 hr Big Gay Al 5
News Shooting victim's funeral in Evanston erupts in... (Mar '08) 16 hr GANG banger whoop... 81

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages