BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#186913 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
But where is Barrack Obama on this list?
Fortune ranks the World's 50 Greatest Leaders - CNN Money
money.cnn.com/.../leadership/.../worlds-best-... ;
CNNMoney
by Geoff Colvin - in 64 Google+ circles
2 days ago - The World's 50 Greatest Leaders. In an era that feels starved for leadership, we've found men and women who will inspire you -- some famous,...
With that list and $2.00 Rougetard can ride on the bus.

RationalState

#186914 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And did Dubya subvert the Brits, Frenchies, Germans, Poles, Ruskies and the Israelis too? Oh, Congress investigated and did not come to that conclusion!!! You need to stop reading Spy vs. Spy in Mad magazine.
Duh! The US Congresspersons you mentioned relied on CIA assessments, and reports derived therefrom.

Got Alzheimer's?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
They (Congress) relied on misleading reports from the CIA which Dumbya had insisted upon. Pathetic. Dumbya subverted the CIA to provide false analyses in the same way Stalin forced the NKGB to produce intelligence reports to conform to his paranoid delusions.
Telling is a memorandum from Gorbachev on "the impermissibility of distortions of the factual state of affairs in messages and informational reports sent to the Central Committee of the CPSU and other ruling bodies."
Amazing, Gorby was trying to get reliable information, trying to get away from sycophantic reporting, and Bush, later was moving toward sycophantic reporting where intelligence reports should be tailored to the predisposition of the head of state.

RationalState

#186915 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is Barrack Obama not among the top 50 leaders in this world?
Rougetard's question has nothing to do with my post.

BTW, only a fool would say that Barack Obama is not among the top 50 leaders of this world, but of course, Rougetard read a list in a friggin' magazine that had a top 50 list.

Pathetic.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of a study published over 10 years ago wherein it was found that a very large proportion (perhaps a majority, I don't recall) of the most confident people lacked the self awareness to realize they are incompetent. I first learned of the study in the Tuesday Science Section of the New York Times , so it must be false ("Loony-Lefty"), according to Rougetards.
Rouge Moron, Dufus Dale, and the Bayou Birfoon come to mind as exemplars.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#186916 Mar 21, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>With that list and $2.00 Rougetard can ride on the bus.
There you go again. Relying on facts, history and the law vs Rouge's delusions, ignorance and hate. You're so overmatched - you probably should admit defeat and give up

RationalState

#186917 Mar 21, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a brilliant study. I think they may have got the percentage a bit low.
I knew a guy who went to Harvard. I ran his restaurant when I was a kid.(cooking is chemistry) Long before college. He was an italian guy and insisted upon making his own "house" dressing. I didn't think it was that great....whatever, I had other things to worry about.
One day I kind of freaked out because there was this giant glass bottle of italian dressing sitting on its cap about a foot over my head. Real thick glass. Tiny neck with a wide body.
I was in awe. Who in the hell would do such a thing? I decided the only logical conclusion was that one of my wait staff was trying to kill someone.
Well, the owner walks in while I am verbally accosting the present staff... and he interrupts me to admit to balancing this monstrosity 7 feet in the air.
That is when a Harvard graduate explained to me that he stored the bottle upside down so that the seasoning would not sink to the bottom.
I told him it was a fantastic idea, just put the bottle below eye level.
Wow.
Grow up, Rougetard.

Anybody can fill in the blanks to your stupid jokes.

I knew a Rougetard. I ran his restaurant when I was a kid.(cooking is chemistry) Long before college. He was an French-Canadian derived guy and insisted upon making his own "house" dressing. I didn't think it was that great....whatever, I had other things to worry about.
One day I kind of freaked out because there was this giant glass bottle of Italian dressing sitting on its cap about a foot over my head. Real thick glass. Tiny neck with a wide body.
I was in awe. Who in the hell would do such a thing? I decided the only logical conclusion was that one of my wait staff was trying to kill someone.
Well, the owner walks in while I am verbally accosting the present staff... and he interrupts me to admit to balancing this monstrosity 7 feet in the air.
That is when the Rougetard said to me that he stored the bottle upside down so that the seasoning would not sink to the bottom.
Wow.

MORON.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of a study published over 10 years ago wherein it was found that a very large proportion (perhaps a majority, I don't recall) of the most confident people lacked the self awareness to realize they are incompetent. I first learned of the study in the Tuesday Science Section of the New York Times , so it must be false ("Loony-Lefty"), according to Rougetards.

RationalState

#186918 Mar 21, 2014
Britegirl wrote:
<quoted text>So what if Mr. Obama was born in Kenya and had to deceive the whole world about it. The end justifies the means. Now the homeless and jobless can get healthcare and those crazy birthers can leave tbeir tinfoil hats at the mental clinic's door. Those people in Russia, Crimea, Israel and Iran mean nothing to me. Our money is better invested in Foodstamps and Pit Bull rescue. Mr. Obama's wife was never a boy either.
And Britegirl was never bright.

RationalState

#186919 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shirley you can show us a link to that study?
As I said, I read it over ten years ago, MORON.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>

RationalState

#186920 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shirley you can show us a link to that study?
I don't recall if this was the article, but it concerns the same subject matter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/18/health/amon...

http://tinyurl.com/yz3euah

"Similarly, subjects who scored at the 10th percentile on the grammar test ranked themselves at the 67th percentile in the ability to ''identify grammatically correct standard English,'' and estimated their test scores to be at the 61st percentile."

Ha!

RationalState

#186921 Mar 21, 2014
Unlike their unskilled counterparts, the most able subjects in the study, Dr. Kruger and Dr. Dunning found, were likely to underestimate their own competence. The researchers attributed this to the fact that, in the absence of information about how others were doing, highly competent subjects assumed that others were performing as well as they were -- a phenomenon psychologists term the ''false consensus effect.''

That means smart people don't really know how dumb rougetards are.

RationalState

#186922 Mar 21, 2014
When high scoring subjects were asked to ''grade'' the grammar tests of their peers, however, they quickly revised their evaluations of their own performance. In contrast, the self-assessments of those who scored badly themselves were unaffected by the experience of grading others; some subjects even further inflated their estimates of their own abilities.

''Incompetent individuals were less able to recognize competence in others,'' the researchers concluded.

----------

No wonder birfoons think other birfoons are geniuses!!

RationalState

#186923 Mar 21, 2014
In some cases, Dr. Dunning pointed out, an awareness of one's own inability is inevitable:''In a golf game, when your ball is heading into the woods, you know you're incompetent,'' he said.

But in other situations, feedback is absent, or at least more ambiguous; even a humorless joke, for example, is likely to be met with polite laughter. And faced with incompetence, social norms prevent most people from blurting out ''You stink!''-- truthful though this assessment may be.

----------

Rougie Baby, your reasoning stinks.

BTW, Rougie Baby, my laughter at you is not polite.

RationalState

#186924 Mar 21, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a brilliant study. I think they may have got the percentage a bit low.
I knew a guy who went to Harvard. I ran his restaurant when I was a kid.(cooking is chemistry) Long before college. He was an italian guy and insisted upon making his own "house" dressing. I didn't think it was that great....whatever, I had other things to worry about.
One day I kind of freaked out because there was this giant glass bottle of italian dressing sitting on its cap about a foot over my head. Real thick glass. Tiny neck with a wide body.
That is when a Harvard graduate explained to me that he stored the bottle upside down so that the seasoning would not sink to the bottom.
Wow.
OMG, I'm sorry, I thought it was a reply from Rougetard. The thing is that joke was written probably by a Yale graduate!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186925 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dah, most of those involved where ....Christians. Bosnia Herzegovina have the highest percentage of MUSLIM (40%) which are the major source of violence in the former Yugoslavia. What percentage of the people in Afghanistan and Iraq are NOT Muslims?
In the U.S. crime rates are mostly racial as blacks are eight times more likely to commit violent crimes than non-blacks. And Liberals are ten times more likely to commit violent crimes than Conservatives too!
Rogue, best to stay out of ANY conversation except those that mention helicopters and little airplanes and pancake houses. Oh, and nice clean polite black families. The above post merits no response.

Ottawa

#186926 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did, in 1992. It was a two part war because Saddamn continued to ignore U.N. mandates!
"It was a two part war", HA HA, too funny.

Ottawa

#186927 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Iraq Resolution
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
President George Bush, surrounded by leaders of the House and Senate, announces the Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq, October 2, 2002.
The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107–243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq.
What is wrong with you? Who here has contested Congress's declaration of war against Iraq? Deceptively so, and based on false premises, yes, but authorised nonetheless. We are talking UN resolution here, Rogue, and it was NOT passed in 1992 after Desert War,

Why do you keep twisting in the wind like that, looking like a poor scarecrow. Admit you were wrong, simple as that.

RationalState

#186928 Mar 21, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. Relying on facts, history and the law vs Rouge's delusions, ignorance and hate. You're so overmatched - you probably should admit defeat and give up
Time to throw in the towel. I think it was Mark Twain (hee hee) who said arguing with faux conservatives like Rouge or Obskeptic is pointless.

Will Rougie Baby ask for a link?

Ottawa

#186929 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999
"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
What does all of the above matter, Rogue? Clinton and his ministers and others you mention were in office for 8 years and none of them, specially not Clinton, invaded Iraq. Talk, talk, talk, no invasion, except by your idol GWB. Look at Iraq today. Admit, as bad as it was during Saddam's stewardship, it was heaven compared to today.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#186930 Mar 21, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't deny that as far as social legislation goes, it's all progressive liberal blah blah blah and zilch Repub.
And, out of 12 of my points, you can only question THREE, and not one is correctly questioned. Well, well.
Point 4, I said 40 or less rather than 55. Oh, everyone also worked a 6-day week. Even civil servants. Who said below 30? You, that's who.You think the work force should return to 6-day, 50+ hour week? Incidentally, did you know Germans have a 35-hr work week, the shortest in the world? And who are amongst the top 5 producing workers in the world? You answer it.
Point 12. A greater percentage of Republicans. Sure...5 of 10 is a greater percetange than 14 of 30, just to give you an indication. Repubs across your fair land were united, whereas dems from the south had ZILCH to to with the federal Dems and you know it. Civil rights was a JFK-LBJ thing and you know it, initiated, I will gladly give him that, by Dwight Eisenhower with Selma desegragation.
Point 3 : Unions. Of course, shops are de-unioniozing, as the unions, like the companies, have gotten too fat, there is no denying that. A big big reform and reorganization of unions AND employers is warranted, and quickly. But, you cannot deny that most workers' rights, the most basic human ones, have been fostered by unions.
So, looks like my 12 points are good. Dems are people for people and Repubs are rich for rich. All for the big guy, ZILCH for the middle class.
Government employee unions should be illegal,since there is no profit margin to bargain against. Government employee unions are basically stealing money from the taxpayers. There is no need for unions today because there are already laws that require a safe work place. A large percentage of employees are working much less than 40 hours a week and would prefer to work more hours,thus making more money. Unlike Democrats and Union bosses, I believe in eight hours work for weight hours pay. The most important legislation for general health and welfare of the people was legislated by Republicans in the 1880's and 1890's , but most of those have been downgraded and basically repealed by liberals. Civil rights legislation was primarily an Eisenhower policy,not Kennedy/Johnson. It certainly is crazy tat CEO's earn 420 times as much as the average employee,but it is also silly for the average employee to be paying their union bosses millions of dollars. As far as Social Security and Medicare,Democrats have been stealing from those programs for five decades,but they haven't stolen as much as Obama has in the last five years. Those two programs are not perfect and subject to the honesty or lack thereof of bureaucrats. BTW: I have listed here on this forum many of the great accomplishments of The Republicans and they are much more impressive than any thing you could possibly post.

Ottawa

#186931 Mar 21, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
But where is Barrack Obama on this list?
Fortune ranks the World's 50 Greatest Leaders - CNN Money
money.cnn.com/.../leadership/.../worlds-best-... ;
CNNMoney
by Geoff Colvin - in 64 Google+ circles
2 days ago - The World's 50 Greatest Leaders. In an era that feels starved for leadership, we've found men and women who will inspire you -- some famous,...
Again, you cannot draw the right conclusions from a headline that makes you drool. That list is a hodgepodge of personalities, very few politicians. You are not a discerning person and have not a clue as to the meaning of the word relevance.:Let's draw a few names from that list and we'll immediately clue in on why you don't understand the nature of the list. The following are all, according to your understanding, bigger and better leaders than Obama :

Bono. Bono? What??????
Derek Jeter? greater, more powerful than Obama?
Angélina Jolie? Do you know how she'd laugh that off? She's a great humanitarian, but c'mon
Swimming coach George Kennedy? More important than Obama?
Wynston Marsalis? Who can argue that he's one of the greatest jazzmen? But, in Obama's sphere?
Mayor of Barcelona? Great city. One of my favourites. Er, it's practically bankrupt.

==========

I know you, Rogue. You happened upon that list and first thing you did was see where Obama was on it. And I can just imagine the orgasmic joy that you felt when you didn't spot him on the list. WOW. Of course, you did not take the criteria for being on the list in consideration. Noooooo, Obama's not on it.

Ottawa

#186932 Mar 21, 2014
wojar wrote:
But if you're a Birfoon, for "all intensive purposes" all that matters is that Mark Twain said there is no point in arguing with liberals.
Would that be because Twain believed Liberals were right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min L Morales 71,239
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,155,777
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Religionthebiglie 51,284
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 49,316
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr moe 98,875
Is Vanessa Hudgens A PORN-STAR ?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Jenny Derin 187
Holiday Greetings 8 hr Scrooge and Cratchit 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance