BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186610 Mar 15, 2014
Jacques,
I could not do what they do on a daily basis.
AOL is calling the missing plane the "Phantom Jet" in its headline today. And no, I did not read the article.
I really feel that losing track of this jet was a betrayal of the public trust and that it could have and should have been avoided with better and failsafe tracking methodes.

I am also well aware that the FAA and the NTSB and Boeing have zero jurisdiction outside the zone of the United States. But I also believe that they none-the-less are bound and determined to discover the cause of the disappearance.
I wish them the best of luck.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186612 Mar 15, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Welby withj another rogue-like nick-name/moniker. Different names, same nutty comportment.
Better a nut than a loony-lefty.
Latest Gallup pole name the 15 most important things on voters minds. At the top of the list was JOB. And 14th was ...... Global Warming!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#186613 Mar 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Would you say Libtards are Stupid. After all, it is a double negative, is it not? Do they know what methane is? It is HC4 which is one hydrogen atom surrounded by four carbon atoms.
Now, what happens when there is oxygen, methane and an ignition source? You get H2O, CO2 and heat. So if you have a bolt of lightning go through air that contains methane, the methane combust. And what happens when methane is injected by and internal or external combustion engine, the methane combusts!
I have heard that the lightning storms over Venezuela are very pretty. WHY? Is that there is so much methane leaking from their petroleum production that the lightning sets it off and makes a pretty light show.
Soooo, is Stupid Libtard a double negative?
Rouge, your political affiliation has no bearing at all on your intellect. I have met as many dumb ass conservatives as I have liberals. Scientist for the most part are liberals for a damn good reason and it has zero to do with politics.(At least in my experience. I am more often than not... surrounded by them. Politics comes up about as much as religion. Ultra rarely.)

And no, it is not a double negative. You seem to misunderstand what a double negative is.

"I didn't touch nothing." That is a double negative. If you didn't touch nothing then you are saying you touched something.... when you are clearly meaning the former. Which makes the statement incorrect under the grammatical grouping of the double negative.

You are referring to an oxymoron. Such as "military intelligence" or "Jumbo shrimp" In an oxymoron the descriptive word seems to be counter intuitive of the subject it describes. And in your example what you are attempting to insinuate gets blown out of the water by your lack of schooling. If stupidity is a counter intuitive property of being a liberal...you are really praising the liberals ability to reason.

But I am a problem solver, and here is a free one..."Would you say Libtards are Stupid??? After all, it is a redundancy, is it not? Do they know what methane is?..."

On to science...

I have written about the exact phenomenon you are referring too.(Energy is my job) It is called "Catatumbo lightning" named for the place it occurs.

It is cloud to cloud lightning that voltage arcs over 5 kilometers in the sky and occasionally lets people know who is in charge(bad pun intended) when it grounds to many areas at once.

Like this... https://www.google.com/search...
It is a seemingly endless storm.. about 8-12 hrs a night most of the year, always in the same place. There are more strikes there than anywhere else in the world..over a million a year. And it just happens to be the world's reigning champion of ozone creation.

I am surprised that you are an aviator that doesn't know what a methane pocket will do to a plane. First your gauges go a bit haywire... then you sometimes fall out of the sky. Mass releases of methane from places like the Bermuda triangle, and it's friend over Alaska are the leading theories to explain why planes seem to vanish more often in these places.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186615 Mar 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better a nut than a loony-lefty.
Latest Gallup pole name the 15 most important things on voters minds. At the top of the list was JOB. And 14th was ...... Global Warming!!!
Is this the same Gallup poll that encouraged you to buy those dancing shoes November 2012, Rogue? Tell me, did you keep them on hand for the upcoming congressionals this fall, when the Repubs who are presently at 15% approval rating will take back the senate and increase their majority in the House?

Because global warming is in 14th place, does that mean there is no such thing?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186616 Mar 15, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, one of fifteen major issues--not too bad.
Where did various birfoon fantasies rank on that list?
LMAO

Ottawa

#186617 Mar 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Rouge, your political affiliation has no bearing at all on your intellect. I have met as many dumb ass conservatives as I have liberals. Scientist for the most part are liberals for a damn good reason and it has zero to do with politics.(At least in my experience. I am more often than not... surrounded by them. Politics comes up about as much as religion. Ultra rarely.)
And no, it is not a double negative. You seem to misunderstand what a double negative is.
"I didn't touch nothing." That is a double negative. If you didn't touch nothing then you are saying you touched something.... when you are clearly meaning the former. Which makes the statement incorrect under the grammatical grouping of the double negative.
You are referring to an oxymoron. Such as "military intelligence" or "Jumbo shrimp" In an oxymoron the descriptive word seems to be counter intuitive of the subject it describes. And in your example what you are attempting to insinuate gets blown out of the water by your lack of schooling. If stupidity is a counter intuitive property of being a liberal...you are really praising the liberals ability to reason.
But I am a problem solver, and here is a free one..."Would you say Libtards are Stupid??? After all, it is a redundancy, is it not? Do they know what methane is?..."
On to science...
I have written about the exact phenomenon you are referring too.(Energy is my job) It is called "Catatumbo lightning" named for the place it occurs.
It is cloud to cloud lightning that voltage arcs over 5 kilometers in the sky and occasionally lets people know who is in charge(bad pun intended) when it grounds to many areas at once.
Like this... https://www.google.com/search...
It is a seemingly endless storm.. about 8-12 hrs a night most of the year, always in the same place. There are more strikes there than anywhere else in the world..over a million a year. And it just happens to be the world's reigning champion of ozone creation.
I am surprised that you are an aviator that doesn't know what a methane pocket will do to a plane. First your gauges go a bit haywire... then you sometimes fall out of the sky. Mass releases of methane from places like the Bermuda triangle, and it's friend over Alaska are the leading theories to explain why planes seem to vanish more often in these places.
I agree, as a student and observer, with what you and the majority of scientists advance relative to science, as I am not one of you. Neither is Rogue, yet he soldiers on with cut-and-paste unending epistles that he doesn't comprehend. Would you confront Muhamad Ali in his prime? I think not. Why's Rogue confronting you? Do you advise him on how to make a helicopter hover? No? Then why's he lecturing you on methane and climate?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186618 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Is this the same Gallup poll that encouraged you to buy those dancing shoes November 2012, Rogue? Tell me, did you keep them on hand for the upcoming congressionals this fall, when the Repubs who are presently at 15% approval rating will take back the senate and increase their majority in the House?
If foreign policy came in 7th, does that mean we are twice as concerned?

Ottawa

#186619 Mar 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
If foreign policy came in 7th, does that mean we are twice as concerned?
You're right, and if JawWalk is any indication of what the masses think on domestic and foreign affairs, the debt, budget, science, and what have you, then what do 7th and 14th mean?(1)

(1) lest someone object because I have demeaned Americans, save your breath. Ignorance is a worldwide affliction. Why should the U.S. be exempt?

Ottawa

#186620 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I agree, as a student and observer, with what you and the majority of scientists advance relative to science, as I am not one of you. Neither is Rogue, yet he soldiers on with cut-and-paste unending epistles that he doesn't comprehend. Would you confront Muhamad Ali in his prime? I think not. Why's Rogue confronting you? Do you advise him on how to make a helicopter hover? No? Then why's he lecturing you on methane and climate?
Double negatives. Strange, double negatives are grammatically correct in Italian and Spanish. For example, one says : No tengo nada" (I don't have nothing) in Spanish. In Italian, it's "non ho niente"

In English and French, we unknowingly use the double negative all the time. For example, you've been dining out and, coming home, you say to the baby sitter "The baby didn't wake up?" and out comes the answer, "no" . Bang, double negative, as the answer should be "Yes" (Yes, he didn't wake up). Anyway, lesson was driven home every time in Ghana, we'd come home, ask the question "Kids didn't wake up?", and he/she'd answer every time "Yes" and count on it, we'd come back with "They woke up?" and she/he would answer "no".They were of course correct, and they fooled us almost every time.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186621 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Not sure it was a challenge... He kind of failed to connect methane to lightning except that occasionally lightning toast the methane present where it discharges. In addition, the article he provided mapped SURFACE methane, not atmospheric. So, it was kind of disjointed. I never mind people throwing research at me. But keep in mind, that scientist can be wrong too.

There are no authorities in science, and when I speak... I try to encourage people with and without a degree to get involved in these things. When you want to find the answer to a physical question, you need only to ask the universe and generally you won't be in the dark for too long.

Dr. Lawrence Krauss is just ridiculously smart, I don't contact him as he is a very busy guy but he helped me tremendously years ago. Now, when I say ridiculously smart.. I have been in the company of, occasionally work with and have contact with some very bright people. And Krauss makes us all look dumb at the same time. Recently he has done some of the most beautiful work I have ever read and has determined that the universe is flat.(Not flat like flat... flat like length width and height.) He has disproved the spherical and curved universe theories and mathematically confirmed it with the weight of nothing and the measuring the charge of the universe to neutral.

Staggeringly smart. He occasionally is wrong and will freely admit it. There is not and never has been shame in being wrong in science. He will also tell you he isn't an authority and if anyone can tear down what he has found he would gladly throw it away and start over.

Rouge thinks there is a conspiracy inside science to back global warming. It just doesn't jive with what science is and who scientist are.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186622 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Double negatives. Strange, double negatives are grammatically correct in Italian and Spanish. For example, one says : No tengo nada" (I don't have nothing) in Spanish. In Italian, it's "non ho niente"
In English and French, we unknowingly use the double negative all the time. For example, you've been dining out and, coming home, you say to the baby sitter "The baby didn't wake up?" and out comes the answer, "no" . Bang, double negative, as the answer should be "Yes" (Yes, he didn't wake up). Anyway, lesson was driven home every time in Ghana, we'd come home, ask the question "Kids didn't wake up?", and he/she'd answer every time "Yes" and count on it, we'd come back with "They woke up?" and she/he would answer "no".They were of course correct, and they fooled us almost every time.
Ahh, you are including the reply.

Which is a separate statement all together. Not a double negative. Does cause confusion though.

Location hidden

#186623 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
My U.S. Rep. is a RINO and I am not happy with him. But he is still the lesser of two evils, so I reluctantly vote for him.
Sure, Global Warming doesn't mean it is not important, but Global Warming stopped about 15 years ago and in the past seven years it has cooled. Even NASA-GISS (Dr. James Hansen) agrees with that.
Were we don't agree is what caused Global Warming last century. You claim it is man-made CO2 and I say it was our over active Sun! We should find out who is right by the end of this decade, won't we!?!

Location hidden

#186624 Mar 15, 2014
Oh, and what that Gallup pole means is people are more likely to vote their wallets this year as now they know all about Obama. I have talked to more than a few black people and they ave very disillusioned with our first half-black president.

Ottawa

#186625 Mar 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure it was a challenge... He kind of failed to connect methane to lightning except that occasionally lightning toast the methane present where it discharges. In addition, the article he provided mapped SURFACE methane, not atmospheric. So, it was kind of disjointed. I never mind people throwing research at me. But keep in mind, that scientist can be wrong too.
There are no authorities in science, and when I speak... I try to encourage people with and without a degree to get involved in these things. When you want to find the answer to a physical question, you need only to ask the universe and generally you won't be in the dark for too long.
Dr. Lawrence Krauss is just ridiculously smart, I don't contact him as he is a very busy guy but he helped me tremendously years ago. Now, when I say ridiculously smart.. I have been in the company of, occasionally work with and have contact with some very bright people. And Krauss makes us all look dumb at the same time. Recently he has done some of the most beautiful work I have ever read and has determined that the universe is flat.(Not flat like flat... flat like length width and height.) He has disproved the spherical and curved universe theories and mathematically confirmed it with the weight of nothing and the measuring the charge of the universe to neutral.
Staggeringly smart. He occasionally is wrong and will freely admit it. There is not and never has been shame in being wrong in science. He will also tell you he isn't an authority and if anyone can tear down what he has found he would gladly throw it away and start over.
Rouge thinks there is a conspiracy inside science to back global warming. It just doesn't jive with what science is and who scientist are.
When I am not learned enough in a field, any field, to challenge its proponents, I try very hard to acquire general knowledge of said field - that enables me to pose intelligent (well, to me, intelligent) questions . I then proceed to listen and from that, pose more questions, I will perhaps then have an opinion on the matter based on others' specialized knowledge, not on mine.

I concur with what you have to say about Dr Krauss. We stand in awe of people like him, no matter our degree of expertise. I've often met people like him in the field in which I worked and was always conscious of their special status. Funny thing, and no doubt like Dr. Krauss, they never openly displayed their inherent intellectual superiority. They never needed to, it just sprang right out. Some were insufferable, but they were few and far between. Most were invariably humble and willing to listen .

Ottawa

#186626 Mar 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, you are including the reply.
Which is a separate statement all together. Not a double negative. Does cause confusion though.
Well,the reply is a direct connection, and, continuation of the question. And it becomes a double negative, in that it replies that indeed the children did not wake up, "yes, they did not" No matter that it is a separate statement, it is inexorably tied to the question in our part of the world, we answer it wrong. Answer is "yes", not "no"..

It's like saying "there are 26 letters in the alphabet" and responding, "no, there are only 24 letters in the alphabet. Perhaps separate statements altogether but nonetheless incorrect.

Ottawa

#186627 Mar 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, and what that Gallup pole means is people are more likely to vote their wallets this year as now they know all about Obama. I have talked to more than a few black people and they ave very disillusioned with our first half-black president.
Yes, extremely disillusioned. They'll be voting 91% Dem next time instead of 92%

Oh, is Obama running in 2016? Have they amended the Constitution? Then, he should be worried, from 92 to 91%!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#186628 Mar 15, 2014
[QUOTE who=Obskeptic"]
<quoted text>
That you think Barry is in that intellectual class. That would be an insult to your own intellect Jacques. Barry's smarts have only been established by declaration from his worshipers. Until we see his college transcripts I would declare he is average at best. A beneficiary of affirmative action and a savvy politician, yes, but Einstein smart or Gandhi, not even close.[/QUOTE]

A Columbia professor said he was brilliant, some of his fellow students said he participated well in academic discussions. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law, and was a lecturer in Constitutional Law at U Chicago. But a flunky from the Midwest has decided that he is average until he sees his grades. The old birfoon "I'm right until I get the particular poof I want." Pathetic.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#186629 Mar 15, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, one of fifteen major issues--not too bad.

Where did various birfoon fantasies rank on that list?
Birfoon fables have their own special list - printed in invisible ink

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186630 Mar 15, 2014
Meanwhile, according to Najib, new satellite information leads authorities to be fairly certain that someone disabled the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or ACARS, just before the aircraft reached the east coast of peninsular Malaysia.

"Shortly afterward, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control," Najib said, "the aircraft's transponder was switched off."

ACARS is the system that routinely transmits information like turbulence and fuel load back to the airline. A transponder is a system controlled from the cockpit that transmits data about the plane via radio signals to air traffic controllers. It combines with ground radar to provide air traffic controllers with details about the plane, including its identification, speed, position and altitude.

The last voice communication from the cockpit a week ago were these words: "All right, good night."

They were uttered at the Vietnam air traffic control border at about the same time the transponder was shut off, Najib said. That suggests the incident on the plane began sooner than initially thought.

But some have questioned the Prime Minister's account, given the dearth of information available.

Read more: http://www.wapt.com/news/national/deliberate-...
Must Watch

Alliance, OH

#186631 Mar 15, 2014
Why I'm burning my last bridge with Obama

http://youtu.be/VIMnIh10po0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,109,399
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 14 min Weneedchange 150
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min SpaceBlues 46,604
Amy 9-16 48 min Mister Tonka 31
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 48 min andet1987 615
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Blwlgo 1,923
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,807
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr cheluzal 98,213
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••