BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 213292 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#186591 Mar 14, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I am really ticked off about this missing Malaysian jet.
The arrogance of the owners, operators and manufacturers of airplanes is absolutely astounding.
It goes beyond belief that they do not track those planes with GPS.
It is incomprehensible to me why they do not. This is not an option for them.
There are no words to adequately discribe my disappointment
Cannon's obsession with that missing Malaysian jet is not as great as his obsession with Jacques.

Jacques has a groupie!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186592 Mar 14, 2014
"The Boeing 777 jetliner is equipped with what is called the Airplane Health Management system in which they ping a satellite every hour. The number of pings would indicate how long the plane stayed aloft."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186594 Mar 14, 2014
Wojar,
Don't be so dumb
When I am addressing Jacques, I am addressing everyone..

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186595 Mar 14, 2014
Wojar,
I hope they lose your luggae too.
Shall I keep going?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186596 Mar 14, 2014
Jacques,
The silence can be deafening sometimes, or so they say.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186598 Mar 14, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
When you look at the great empires of history, they all seem to go through the same stages... the last of which is decadence. Collapse has occurred immediately afterwards 100% of the time.
And there are markers for the start and the finish of this stage.
Your empire has entered the age of decadence when you start paying sports stars absurd wages.
Example... Gaius Apucleius Diocles
A second century Roman Charioteer. He amassed a pile of winnings to the tune of 35 million sesterces. Probably like pesos...right? Hardly, today that is an amount well into the BILLIONS of dollars.
Ok... now this is real weird. The very last thing to happen before the collapse of an empire...
They make celebrities of their chefs.
The Spanish, Roman, and Ottoman Empires ALL collapsed almost immediately after this social phenomenon.
How weird is that?
Doomed to repeat it.
Doomed to repeat it.
"Doomed to repeat it" is correct, right on. Even in our own personal lives, we invariably repeat the same mistakes. So, why not gov'ts that are made up of ...we the people.

Ottawa

#186599 Mar 14, 2014
Shibboleth wrote:
<quoted text>OPEN YOUR EYES OBAMACARE is the gateway to the Mark-of-the-Beast and we are charging headlong into World War Three per the General Albert Pike scenario. We will very likely be facing both Russian and Chinese troops on our U.S. soil. Some of them are already here as allies for the coming civil insurrection. Pay cash or trade for good used firearms and stock-up on ammo. More importantly get right with God by asking Jesus into your heart and life. Keep a few weeks supply of dry-goods and several gallons of drinking water on hand! Read your Bible and pray! Be ready as 100% Italian Jesuit Pope Francis is the False Prophet to Kenyan-born Obama's Antichrist. see John 3:16-18, Luke 11:21 & Ephesians 6:12 Maranatha!
Ah, Welby withj another rogue-like nick-name/moniker. Different names, same nutty comportment.

Ottawa

#186600 Mar 14, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannon's obsession with that missing Malaysian jet is not as great as his obsession with Jacques.
Jacques has a groupie!
At long last.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186601 Mar 14, 2014
Jacques,
I am not fixated on Malaysian Airlines. Although I am eagerly awaiting what may turn up after they search the full length and breadth of the Indian Ocean from top to bottom.
Maybe their efforts will pay off and they'll find Teamster Jimmy Hoffa too.
Or was he UAW? Or IBEW? Or Local 150? AFL-CIO? I forget.

It should be noted here that I have made no speculations as to the cause of the disappearance of the Boeing Triple Seven. That is hangar talk, Jacques.
But I will say this, I do think there is a high likelyhood that there is an element of air piracy involved.

I am willing to bet the farm that the executives at Boeing, the FAA, the NTSB, Malaysian Airlines, US heads of state, families and friends of passengers and flight attendants and the pilots, their co-workes, the search crews from many nations and many other people who may I have forgotten to mention are more interest than I in finding out what happened to Flight 370..

I am just bewildered as to why this could have happened again.
It is a very perplexing mystery.

Sorry for snapping your head off, Wojar.
I'm just a little agitated over this missing airplane fiasco.
I think it should have been prevented.
loose
Obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#186602 Mar 15, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I am not looking to see anyone's head on a platter. But there come a time when enough is enough.
They can read my license plate from a hundred miles up, but they lost a modern-day jumbo jet.
This is inexcusable.
Egyptair Flight 990 was lost for hours in 1999 until fisherman found the debris field in the Atlantic Ocean
They also cannot tell you how many previously uninsured citizens now are covered under the ACA, how many have actually paid their premium, or what the actual sign up numbers are. Unless they are lying about both things, which is the likely explanation. But who cares when the lies come from democrats, right? Thats just "spin" after all.

Ottawa

#186603 Mar 15, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
They also cannot tell you how many previously uninsured citizens now are covered under the ACA, how many have actually paid their premium, or what the actual sign up numbers are. Unless they are lying about both things, which is the likely explanation. But who cares when the lies come from democrats, right? Thats just "spin" after all.
And the relevance, even most remote, to Loose's post is...? Picking up Rogue's irrelevant mannerisms?

loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I am not looking to see anyone's head on a platter. But there come a time when enough is enough.
They can read my license plate from a hundred miles up, but they lost a modern-day jumbo jet.
This is inexcusable.
Egyptair Flight 990 was lost for hours in 1999 until fisherman found the debris field in the Atlantic Ocean

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#186604 Mar 15, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Welby withj another rogue-like nick-name/moniker. Different names, same nutty comportment.
The #1 Rule of Written Composition -Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186605 Mar 15, 2014
Jacques,
I would think being a pilot would be an exceptionally boring occupation.
I can see why a pilot might go crazy up there after spending thousands of endless mundane hours above the clouds, basically all alone locked in a cockpit.
I'm sure it's nerve wracking too, don't get me wrong

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#186606 Mar 15, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I can see why a pilot might go crazy up there after spending thousands of endless mundane hours above the clouds, basically all alone locked in a cockpit.
One time I was on a plane flying across the Atlantic. When the pilot got to flying altitude he got on the loudspeaker and said "clear skies all the way to Shannon, Ireland" then he turned on the autopilot and said to the co-pilot "All I need now is a blowjob and a cup of coffee" not realizing the loudspeaker was still on. A stewardess ran up the aisle to the cockpit and some guy yelled out "You forgot the coffee."

Ottawa

#186607 Mar 15, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>The #1 Rule of Written Composition -Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!
Big word? Which one?.

Ottawa

#186608 Mar 15, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
They do get the odd distraction, loose. See Welby's excellent post number 186606. Minus the coffee.v

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186609 Mar 15, 2014
Would you say Libtards are Stupid. After all, it is a double negative, is it not? Do they know what methane is? It is HC4 which is one hydrogen atom surrounded by four carbon atoms.
Now, what happens when there is oxygen, methane and an ignition source? You get H2O, CO2 and heat. So if you have a bolt of lightning go through air that contains methane, the methane combust. And what happens when methane is injected by and internal or external combustion engine, the methane combusts!
I have heard that the lightning storms over Venezuela are very pretty. WHY? Is that there is so much methane leaking from their petroleum production that the lightning sets it off and makes a pretty light show.
Soooo, is Stupid Libtard a double negative?

The Mystery of the Missing Methane (Op-Ed)
By Chris Busch, Energy Innovation: Policy and Technology

The Mystery of the Missing Methane (Op-Ed)

Chris Busch is director of research at Energy Innovation: Policy and Technology. He contributed this article to Live Science's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights.

A new landmark study in the journal Science found that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) inventory of greenhouse gases is undercounting total U.S. methane emissions by roughly 50 percent. Based on atmospheric sampling, the study estimates that this missing methane amounts to 14 terra grams (Tg) of methane; that's equal to 6.4 billion pounds, or as much as the weight of 1.4 million new Ford F150 pickup trucks
http://news.yahoo.com/mystery-missing-methane...

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186610 Mar 15, 2014
Jacques,
I could not do what they do on a daily basis.
AOL is calling the missing plane the "Phantom Jet" in its headline today. And no, I did not read the article.
I really feel that losing track of this jet was a betrayal of the public trust and that it could have and should have been avoided with better and failsafe tracking methodes.

I am also well aware that the FAA and the NTSB and Boeing have zero jurisdiction outside the zone of the United States. But I also believe that they none-the-less are bound and determined to discover the cause of the disappearance.
I wish them the best of luck.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186612 Mar 15, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Better a nut than a loony-lefty.
Latest Gallup pole name the 15 most important things on voters minds. At the top of the list was JOB. And 14th was ...... Global Warming!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#186613 Mar 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Would you say Libtards are Stupid. After all, it is a double negative, is it not? Do they know what methane is? It is HC4 which is one hydrogen atom surrounded by four carbon atoms.
Now, what happens when there is oxygen, methane and an ignition source? You get H2O, CO2 and heat. So if you have a bolt of lightning go through air that contains methane, the methane combust. And what happens when methane is injected by and internal or external combustion engine, the methane combusts!
I have heard that the lightning storms over Venezuela are very pretty. WHY? Is that there is so much methane leaking from their petroleum production that the lightning sets it off and makes a pretty light show.
Soooo, is Stupid Libtard a double negative?
Rouge, your political affiliation has no bearing at all on your intellect. I have met as many dumb ass conservatives as I have liberals. Scientist for the most part are liberals for a damn good reason and it has zero to do with politics.(At least in my experience. I am more often than not... surrounded by them. Politics comes up about as much as religion. Ultra rarely.)

And no, it is not a double negative. You seem to misunderstand what a double negative is.

"I didn't touch nothing." That is a double negative. If you didn't touch nothing then you are saying you touched something.... when you are clearly meaning the former. Which makes the statement incorrect under the grammatical grouping of the double negative.

You are referring to an oxymoron. Such as "military intelligence" or "Jumbo shrimp" In an oxymoron the descriptive word seems to be counter intuitive of the subject it describes. And in your example what you are attempting to insinuate gets blown out of the water by your lack of schooling. If stupidity is a counter intuitive property of being a liberal...you are really praising the liberals ability to reason.

But I am a problem solver, and here is a free one..."Would you say Libtards are Stupid??? After all, it is a redundancy, is it not? Do they know what methane is?..."

On to science...

I have written about the exact phenomenon you are referring too.(Energy is my job) It is called "Catatumbo lightning" named for the place it occurs.

It is cloud to cloud lightning that voltage arcs over 5 kilometers in the sky and occasionally lets people know who is in charge(bad pun intended) when it grounds to many areas at once.

Like this... https://www.google.com/search...
It is a seemingly endless storm.. about 8-12 hrs a night most of the year, always in the same place. There are more strikes there than anywhere else in the world..over a million a year. And it just happens to be the world's reigning champion of ozone creation.

I am surprised that you are an aviator that doesn't know what a methane pocket will do to a plane. First your gauges go a bit haywire... then you sometimes fall out of the sky. Mass releases of methane from places like the Bermuda triangle, and it's friend over Alaska are the leading theories to explain why planes seem to vanish more often in these places.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Go Blue Forever 1,375,726
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,275
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 6,007
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,979
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 934
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 58,890
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,493
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr In Summation 101,762
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages