BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
164,601 - 164,620 of 177,520 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#186087 Mar 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar "irradiance" is only part of the equation.
<quoted text>
Well, here is one of your loony-lefty sites. Now, look at the graph and particularly 2007. Also note they they claim cosmic radiation levels have been going DOWN for the past 50 years!!!
http://www.skepticalscience.com/cosmic-rays-a...
But here is another source which says the exact opposite. AND, OMG, there is that magic date of 2007 AGAIN!!!
Cosmic Rays Hit 50-Year High
by SPACE.com Staff | September 29, 2009
The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in the sun's activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down, because strong solar activity inflates and bolsters a protective bubble around our entire solar system.
http://www.space.com/7349-cosmic-rays-hit-50-...
Looks like we have a failure of communication.

Rougetard said he had NASA's prediction of tropospheric cooling.

Where is it Rougetard?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
So when asked for NASA's prediction of tropospheric cooling why did the Rougetard provide a graph of solar irradiance vs. time?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

RationalState

#186088 Mar 4, 2014
Rougetard claims NASA says troposphere is cooling but cannot back it up.

Where is that NASA report? Eh Rougetard?

RationalState

#186089 Mar 4, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
So when asked for NASA's prediction of tropospheric cooling why did the Rougetard provide a graph of solar irradiance vs. time?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar "irradiance" is only part of the equation.
<quoted text>
Well, here is one of your loony-lefty sites. Now, look at the graph and particularly 2007. Also note they they claim cosmic radiation levels have been going DOWN for the past 50 years!!!
http://www.skepticalscience.com/cosmic-rays-a...
But here is another source which says the exact opposite. AND, OMG, there is that magic date of 2007 AGAIN!!!
The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in the sun's activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down, because strong solar activity inflates and bolsters a protective bubble around our entire solar system.
http://www.space.com/7349-cosmic-rays-hit-50-...
MORON, you said NASA measured lower tropospheric temperatures. Now you're babbling about cosmic radiation.

Put up or shut up!

RationalState

#186090 Mar 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh God, thank you for giving me a brain. But did you have to short sell the Dummycrats?
Even a frog has a brain, but it's bigger than yours.

RationalState

#186091 Mar 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, it is just not the solar irradiance that the Sun is emitting but the solar irradiance that is hitting the ground here on Earth. There are two ways of doing that of which one is cost prohibited which would be to put photometers all over the ground. But satellites have been doing this by checking the temps. in the stratosphere and the lower troposphere. Please note the peak in 1997 and the bottoming in 2008.
UAH Global temperature, down slightly,“the pause” continues
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/03/uah-glo...
Only a Rougetard can possibly think that the 4th warmest year on record means that the global climate is cooling. And Rougetard's babbling about photometers is irrelevant.

Here's a clue, Rougetard, a pause in warming, where the temperature is stable is not cooling.

Duh!!!!!!!

[QUOTE qho="wojar"]
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!![/QUOT E]

RationalState

#186092 Mar 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, it is just not the solar irradiance that the Sun is emitting but the solar irradiance that is hitting the ground here on Earth. There are two ways of doing that of which one is cost prohibited which would be to put photometers all over the ground. But satellites have been doing this by checking the temps. in the stratosphere and the lower troposphere. Please note the peak in 1997 and the bottoming in 2008.
UAH Global temperature, down slightly,“the pause” continues
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/03/uah-glo ...
And what happened in 2010, MORON?

Bottomed? UR an idiot! You're looking at noise! Dumb arse!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186093 Mar 4, 2014
Down by the seaside, see the boats go sailing
Can the people hear, what the little fish are saying

SIng loud for the sunshine, pray hard for the rain
And show your love for Lady Nature, and she will come back again
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#186094 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you suffer from premature-eruditification
George P. Bush poised to win Texas race
Politico &#8206;- 25 minutes ago
Another George Bush looks poised for a statewide victory in Texas on Tuesday, a move that could pave the way for a much bigger career. George P. Bush — the ...
Teapot candidates crushed. Sheriff Joe was right for a change.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#186095 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>You do know Sheriff Joe is in Arizona, didn't you? Probably knot!
So why did TeaPots in Texas seek his endorsement? I guess they were hoping he'd bring in the geographically challenged vote. Too bad he dumped them before their big fail

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186096 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did TeaPots in Texas seek his endorsement? I guess they were hoping he'd bring in the geographically challenged vote. Too bad he dumped them before their big fail
I do not know if what you say is true about his endorsement. Oh, George P. Bush won his primary election!!! Does it both you if a White-Hispanic Republican wins an election?

Location hidden

#186097 Mar 5, 2014
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i know about the Crimean War. But you have criticize military leaders from Korea War to the present since you think they made all mistakes what would you do? What actions would you take.
Welllllll, I would go to Ukraine and save an 18 y/o virgin before the Russians get her!!!

Location hidden

#186098 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.skepticalscience.com/cosmic-rays-a ...
http://www.space.com/7349-cosmic-rays-hit-50 -...
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like we have a failure of communication.
Rougetard said he had NASA's prediction of tropospheric cooling.
Where is it Rougetard?
<quoted text>
Not a prediction. Did you read my first paragraph? Did you look at the graph? If you draw a line between 1997 and 2012 you would notice that global temps have gone DOWN even though they falsely state that Cosmic Radiation has been going DOWN while it is at a 50 year HIGH!
Learn to Read

Fairland, IN

#186099 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:

I do not know if what you say is true about his endorsement. Oh, George P. Bush won his primary election!!! Does it both you if a White-Hispanic Republican wins an election?
An establishment Republican won? Shocking. Your ignorance? Also a shocker

Location hidden

#186100 Mar 5, 2014
Sun's Current Solar Activity Cycle Is Weakest in a Century
By Mike Wall, Senior Writer | December 11, 2013 06:50pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO — The sun's current space-weather cycle is the most anemic in 100 years, scientists say.

Our star is now at "solar maximum," the peak phase of its 11-year activity cycle. But this solar max is weak, and the overall current cycle, known as Solar Cycle 24, conjures up comparisons to the famously feeble Solar Cycle 14 in the early 1900s, researchers said.

"None of us alive have ever seen such a weak cycle. So we will learn something," Leif Svalgaard of Stanford University told reporters here today (Dec. 11) at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union.[Solar Max: Amazing Sun Storm Photos of 2013]

The learning has already begun. For example, scientists think they know why the solar storms that have erupted during Solar Cycle 24 have caused relatively few problems here on Earth.

The sun often blasts huge clouds of superheated particles into space, in explosions known as coronal mass ejections (CMEs). Powerful CMEs that hit Earth squarely can trigger geomagnetic storms, which in turn can disrupt radio communications, GPS signals and power grids.

But such effects have rarely been seen during Solar Cycle 24, even though the total number of CMEs hasn't dropped off much, if at all. The explanation, researchers said, lies in the reduced pressure currently present in the heliosphere, the enormous bubble of charged particles and magnetic fields that the sun puffs out around itself.

This lower pressure has allowed CMEs to expand greatly as they cruise through space, said Nat Gopalswamy of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. Indeed, Solar Cycle 24 CMEs are, on average, 38 percent bigger than those measured during the last cycle — a difference with real consequences for folks here on Earth.

"When the CMEs expand more, the magnetic field inside the CMEs has lower strength," Gopalswamy said. "So when you have lower-strength magnetic fields, then they cause milder geomagnetic storms."

This image, captured by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) on March 10, 2012, shows an active region on the sun, seen as the bright spot to the right. Designated AR 1429, the spot has so far produced three X-class flares and numerous M-class flares.
0 of 10 questions complete

Scientists also think they know why relatively few super-fast solar energetic particles, or SEPS, have been measured in Earth's neighborhood during the current cycle, which began in early 2008. It has to do with a weakened interplanetary magnetic field, another characteristic of Solar Cycle 24, they say.

Large SEP events, which can pose a danger to astronauts in Earth orbit, are created by the shock waves driven by CMEs. But fewer of these particles are getting accelerated by such shocks these days, said Joe Giacalone of the University of Arizona.

"When the magnetic field is weaker, the particles are not trapped near the shock as effectively," Giacalone said. "They're going much farther upstream and downstream of the shock wave, and it takes a lot longer for them to get to very high energies."

The strength or weakness of a solar cycle appears to be driven by the intensity of the sun's polar magnetic field during the previous cycle. The polar field is thought to feed the sunspots— dark and relatively cool patches on the sun that are the source of CMEs and solar flares — that come in during the next cycle, Gopalswamy said.

The polar field was weak during Solar Cycle 23, so researchers suspected that Solar Cycle 24 would be underwhelming. Predictions about Solar Cycle 25 should start coming in two or three years, when the polar field reappears, Svalgaard said.

Follow Mike Wall on Twitter @michaeldwall and Google+. Follow us @Spacedotcom, Facebook or Google+. Originally published on SPACE.com .
Learn to Read

Fairland, IN

#186101 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:

By the way Rouge- I know that someone's ethnicity is of vital importance to you and Joe, but please stop projecting your obsessions on to others

Location hidden

#186102 Mar 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
An establishment Republican won? Shocking. Your ignorance? Also a shocker
Maybe but even "establishment" candidates have been bending right because of the political pressure. In the 2012 election 3-4 million Conservatives did not vote and Mitt Romney did not win. They know they have to bend right to get the Conservative votes!

Location hidden

#186103 Mar 5, 2014
At least they did not cite him for flying to HIGH! Oh, in Vietnam I flew twice while drunk. On both occasions I was not scheduled.

Man accused of taking stolen plane on wild ride, DUI

Location hidden

#186104 Mar 5, 2014
The first time I was not on the schedule because I was celebrating my 20th birthday. They woke me up and said I need to fly and I told them I was drunk and they told me I would sober up.
My pilot was Chief Lightrock (Featherstone) and was a Native American Indian from our SW. I sat in the right seat and did not touch the flight controls until after lunch.
The next time it was a scheduled day off but the platoon leader got called out to do something else so I because the acting platoon leader in that I had the lieutenant as my copilot. We were doing combat assaults and I had eight Huey Slicks and three Huey Hogs and at about nine am I started to get heat prostrated so my ground mission commander, the infantry battalion commander, an LTC, call it off and we took a break until one pm.
So anyone who can fly solo at night with a BAC of 0.132 has to be a good pilot ..... when he is sober.
Oh, I have not been drunk since the late 1970s and I do not drink and drive much less drink and fly.
dem

Chicago, IL

#186105 Mar 5, 2014
Obama is still president?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186107 Mar 5, 2014
It was fun doing it. Hope link works. I'm centre-left, surprise.

==========

So, you think you know where you stand, politically. Perhaps not. The

It was fun doing it. Hope link works .

Result from this short test may surprise you and give you some food for thought.

You'll be asked just 10 questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a "political map" so you'll see exactly where you score.

The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the Democrat, Republican, and Independent.

The Quiz has gotten a lot of praise. The Washington Post said it has "gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings." The Fraser Institute said it's "a fast, fun, and accurate assessment of a person's overall political views." Suite University said it is the "most concise and accurate political quiz out there."

Click on the link below...

CLICK HERE: http://theadvocates.org/quiz/quiz.php

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,336
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 32 min FXX 3
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 34 min My Flowers 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 4,683
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr I Hate You 49,487
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,753
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••