BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 196939 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186195 Mar 7, 2014
Jacques,
The Republican Party is in hog heaven when they have terriers like Marsha Blackburn (TN-7) barking orders.
loose
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#186196 Mar 7, 2014
So one moron posted a 3 year old video, labelled it "breaking", and fooled Tacky.

Poor Tacky, how's it feel to be the most ignorant of all Birfoons?

Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#186199 Mar 7, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
"As it stands, the US Department of Defense is the largest polluter in the world, producing more hazardous waste than the five largest US chemical companies combined.
Depleted uranium, petroleum, pesticides, lead, defoliants such as Agent Orange, along with vast amounts of radiation from weapons produced, tested, and used, are just some of the pollutants with which the US military is contaminating the environment."
Whats your conclusion then "loose"?
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#186200 Mar 7, 2014
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The meaning of Natural Born Citizen comes from the common law and refer to the place of birth, and every child born on US soil is a Natural Born US Citizen except for the children of foreign diplomats and enemy invaders.
“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005)[Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]
"Every child born in the United States is a natural-born United States citizen except for the children of diplomats.”---Senator Lindsay Graham (December 11, 2008 letter to constituents)
More reading on the subject:
http://www.fredthompsonsamerica.com/2012/07/3...
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...
http://www.obamabirthbook.com/http:/www.obama...
http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_your_eviden...
That is why birthers and two-fers were not able to convince a single member of the US Electoral College to change her or his vote to vote against Obama in either the 2008 or 2012 elections. Obama won 356 electoral votes in the 2008 general election, and 356 electors voted for him. He received 332 votes in the 2012 general election, and 332 electors voted for him. In short, not one single elector changed her or his vote—that is because not one of them believes the nutty birther claim that Obama was born outside of the USA or the loony birther constitutional theory that two citizen parents are required. And ditto for the US Congress, which confirmed Obama’s election UNANIMOUSLY twice, and that included the votes of Rep. Michele Bachmann and Rep. Ron Paul).
I agree with you on the citizenship thing and eligibility "Ellen 1". If there were any there there it would have been uncovered by now for real, not just wishful thinking. What speaks volumes though is the fact that democrats and a majority actually believed that Barry had a resume that qualified him for the job. Now that we have had the test of time to judge what kind of leadership he has delivered versus the emotion surrounding electing our first black president, it is obvious that the country made a massive error in judgement. His current polling numbers makes what I am saying even more credible then just someone who never thought he should have made into the job in the first place due to his lack of experience. Community organizer? what a sad a cruel joke that is as a resume qualification.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#186201 Mar 7, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Jacques that would be a 19% approval at his low point. Barry will never get that low because the news media will never beat him up as relentlessly as they did Bush. If they started painting him as the incompetent failure at everything that he is, over and over and over like they did W, he would go that low. Whats funny is that the democrats are still selling symbolism over substance and there are enough useful idiots in our country for that strategy to work.
Overall I agree, except I am not real sure what you mean exactly by symbolism/substance.

I don't remember substance being a tangible thing for a long time now.

I don't believe in the accuracy of polls. That probably stems from our media having clearly chosen their respective "sides". When MSNBC obviously twists their figures and Fox can't even post an intellectually honest graph... there is no one left to believe. And in a sense... there is no one left to lie to.

Obama ... contrary to popular belief, did not win on symbolism. He won because he wasn't George Bush and couldn't be linked to a Bush.

The second time he won was certainly not about merit. It was that Romney is not electable. I know GOP fanatics can't wrap their heads around that... but it is true. America had been stripped of it's industry and sold to the highest bidder. Putting a guy who helped make that happen in front of us as an answer... well, I have mentioned before that I seriously believe the GOP has been purposefully dodging the presidency. I can't imagine the motivation, but I am sure one exists.

And now... citizen's united was not done away with. Anyone in the world can buy our White House. China could covertly run a candidate and not only would they have a real solid chance of winning... we would never be the wiser. Corporations are people too now and we are no longer entitled to know where candidates are getting their cash flow from.

I don't run around saying that Hillary is our next pres. for nothing. If you look back, and look at what is taking place now it seems to me that she will win simply because it is her turn. I hate to think that is what America has come to... but scientifically speaking, "It's Hillary's turn" is as plausible (maybe more) as any other scenario.

Be well.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186202 Mar 7, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
The information contained in my last post is easily verifiable.
I didn't feel like giving a reference for the disbelievers stuck on stupid.
.. and you shouldn't have to.

Besides... I think the list of credible internet sources agreed on by both sides of this thread has been shortened to a nice, very round, single digit number.

If you can't prove the info false.. point at the source.
If you can't impeach the source... point at the carrier.
If the carrier can't be impeached... the poster is flawed somehow.

Regardless, the info stands. People here keep their "mental minds" locked up tight.

Nothing gets in.

What did this person from Tennessee do anyway?

I don't pay attention unless I am looking for something particular, but I am sure that she did something to warrant this much of your attention... what gives?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186203 Mar 7, 2014
Scrutiny,
Marsha Blackburn is a blackeye on American politics.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186204 Mar 7, 2014
Scrutiny,
Marsha Blackburn embodies everything that is wrong with the Republicans.
She discredits the whole GOP.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186205 Mar 7, 2014
Jacques,
I've never really listened to Rush Limbaugh, but I know he is an opiate addict.
Oxycontin. He may as well be shooting morphine.
I can't believe people listen to that useless gutterspeak day in and day out.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#186206 Mar 7, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the citizenship thing and eligibility "Ellen 1". If there were any there there it would have been uncovered by now for real, not just wishful thinking. What speaks volumes though is the fact that democrats and a majority actually believed that Barry had a resume that qualified him for the job. Now that we have had the test of time to judge what kind of leadership he has delivered versus the emotion surrounding electing our first black president, it is obvious that the country made a massive error in judgement. His current polling numbers makes what I am saying even more credible then just someone who never thought he should have made into the job in the first place due to his lack of experience. Community organizer? what a sad a cruel joke that is as a resume qualification.
Re: "and a majority actually believed that Barry had a resume that qualified him for the job"

Answer: I recall that Republicans and a majority actually believed that George W. Bush had a resume that qualified him for the same job. What was the result? IRAQ and the crash.
wojar

Bristol, CT

#186207 Mar 7, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasy that the media is left wing? It's statements like that Woj that causes people to question your intellectual honesty. Even Columbia University reports that the media is left wing. I know your a smart guy, it's your honesty and integrity thats in question.
And the disgruntled loser who cannot get over Mitt's loss does not cite his "report". The alleged "left wing" Columbia U reports "the media" is left wing? That's like claiming Fox News reports the media is right wing. Ob is a joke.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the birfoon who fantasizes that "the media" is left wing.
BTW, Jimmy Carter was ruthlessly criticized by the so called "liberal" press.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186209 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques,
Mitch McConnell really torques the wrong way me too.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186210 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques,
I am going to pick them apart, one by one and piece by piece.
loose

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186211 Mar 8, 2014
wojar wrote:
Tell us what this means!
BREAKING PROOF! OBAMA BORN IN KENYA - Long Form BC A FRAUD?
It means poor Tacky believes --anything-- he sees on the internet so long as it agrees with his preconceived ideas.
I noticed he is very concerned with authenticity, raised seals, the congressional record....

But when it comes to info on the subject... anything with a web address will do.

If he spent half the time scrutinizing where he gets his info....

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#186212 Mar 8, 2014
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: "and a majority actually believed that Barry had a resume that qualified him for the job"
Answer: I recall that Republicans and a majority actually believed that George W. Bush had a resume that qualified him for the same job. What was the result? IRAQ and the crash.
Dubbya Bush had clearly proved that he could run multiple multi-million dollar corporations straight into the ground. He was a sure thing.

We rolled the dice on Obama being able to do the same.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186213 Mar 8, 2014
Scrutiny,
The winds of change will blow them overboard.
loose

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186214 Mar 8, 2014
"The Repiblicans veer between apathetical torpor and hysterical fanaticism."

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186215 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques,
Torpor describes the Republic party quite succinctly.
It means dormant or sluggish. A condition of mental inactivity or insensibilty.
They are failing to adapt to a ever changing socio-evironmental landscape.
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#186216 Mar 8, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
And the disgruntled loser who cannot get over Mitt's loss does not cite his "report". The alleged "left wing" Columbia U reports "the media" is left wing? That's like claiming Fox News reports the media is right wing. Ob is a joke.
<quoted text>
Here is a pull quote from the article Woj.

Though MSNBC has a handful of moderate conservatives—namely Morning Joe’s Joe Scarborough—Fox stands out for the prominence it awards its on-air naysayers, many of whom occupy regular roles on the network’s most popular shows. Personalities like Kirsten Powers, who made her way up through the Clinton administration and now goes head-to-head with Bill O’Reilly on nationalized healthcare (she’s for it), the death penalty (against), and the Iraq war (against). Their screen relationship is one of playful respect; when their debates grow heated, O’Reilly warmly calls her “Powers.”
Why would liberals in good standing risk becoming Democratic Party outcasts by going to work for Fox? And why does Fox spend good money acquiring them? The first question is easier than the second. Tamara Holder says she’s often asked how a person who once wrote for GrassRoots, a medical marijuana magazine, found herself on a network geared toward the country’s most faithful conservatives. Her one-word answer:“ratings.”
The harder question is the one directed at Fox’s motives. Ratings, of course, would be the logical answer here, too. But it’s possible that’s not the sole explanation.
For a network that relies on a partisan base, adding a group of liberals is risky, pushing against the purity of programming that has historically been the core of Fox’s success. And yet the nation’s most-watched cable channel doesn’t maneuver without strategy. Since it launched in 1996, Fox has grown into the largest cable news network, drawing 1.1 million viewers in primetime and 1.76 million viewers in total per day, an audience that’s four times larger than its next closest competitor, CNN, and greater than both MSNBC and CNN’s audiences combined. Fox has gained this market share by its masterful manipulation of ideology, drawing an audience that’s primarily conservative, and then seeking to reinforce their values. It’s a strategy that MSNBC has scrambled to copy, setting itself up as Fox’s ideological opposite. But this year, when MSNBC’s daytime ratings slid below CNN’s, Politico’s Dylan Byers blamed the fall on MSNBC’s programming, which airs more opinion than any other news network, reaching a tipping point of “too much liberal outrage.”

And here is a link so you can read the entire article yourself.

http://www.cjr.org/feature/and_from_the_leftf...
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#186217 Mar 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Overall I agree, except I am not real sure what you mean exactly by symbolism/substance.
I don't remember substance being a tangible thing for a long time now.
I don't believe in the accuracy of polls. That probably stems from our media having clearly chosen their respective "sides". When MSNBC obviously twists their figures and Fox can't even post an intellectually honest graph... there is no one left to believe. And in a sense... there is no one left to lie to.
Obama ... contrary to popular belief, did not win on symbolism. He won because he wasn't George Bush and couldn't be linked to a Bush.
The second time he won was certainly not about merit. It was that Romney is not electable. I know GOP fanatics can't wrap their heads around that... but it is true. America had been stripped of it's industry and sold to the highest bidder. Putting a guy who helped make that happen in front of us as an answer... well, I have mentioned before that I seriously believe the GOP has been purposefully dodging the presidency. I can't imagine the motivation, but I am sure one exists.
And now... citizen's united was not done away with. Anyone in the world can buy our White House. China could covertly run a candidate and not only would they have a real solid chance of winning... we would never be the wiser. Corporations are people too now and we are no longer entitled to know where candidates are getting their cash flow from.
I don't run around saying that Hillary is our next pres. for nothing. If you look back, and look at what is taking place now it seems to me that she will win simply because it is her turn. I hate to think that is what America has come to... but scientifically speaking, "It's Hillary's turn" is as plausible (maybe more) as any other scenario.
Be well.
Thats what I like about you "Scrutiny". You offer thoughtful and serious responses based on your perspective. You're objective, and present an honest and intellectual opinion. I agree that the republicans as a party seem to be lacking a ruder in their platform and offer very little contrast to the democrats, who continue to maintain total control of the debate and the strategy. What I mean regarding symbolism over substance is the reality that Barry was all about electing the countries first black president, not an individual who presented the country a resume that qualified him for the job. Electing Hillary will be no different. The fact she has no penis is the most important component of her candidacy to the democrats. Pure symbolism just like Barry. I understand she was a senator and the Secretary of State, but in my opinion getting elected to the senate and getting the appointment was the significant aspect of that. She accomplished nothing of significance to suggest that she would be a great leader, which the country is in desperate need of. With the major media information suppliers being nothing more then an extension of the democrat party, no republican will ever get an objective narrative from them unless the media itself becomes so marginalized the left wing suppliers go bankrupt and leave the marketplace and gets replaced with some real journalist that challenge the political classes honesty and integrity. Fox is hated so much by the left because it's the only domestic presenter of opinion and news that challenges their propaganda. They are not perfect by any means but they do attempt to bring both sides better then their competition. There are more liberals on Fox then on MSNBC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min sonicfilter 1,276,955
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Prince Reebus 100,645
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr The Fact Is 54,543
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 6,430
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr boundary painter 5,426
Ask Amy 9-1-15 4 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 11
Dear Abby 9-1-15 6 hr boundary painter 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages