BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 219334 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186234 Mar 8, 2014
"The right goal is not to cut our carbon emissions in half. The right goal is zero."

Bill Gates

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186235 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques,
Certainly the ER's occasionally see drug OD"s from time to time, but compared to the ravages of alcohol abuse it is an infrequent visitor.
Been there, done that. I would know, I work'd in a level I trauma center.
I always liked working second shift, 3-11.
You see a lot of crazy stuff on that watch.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186237 Mar 8, 2014
Girl friend is working tonight so I stopped by McDonald's as they have a chicken wing special. The one I go to (occationally) has mostly a black staff and tonight I told the clerk my new Obama joke by simply asking him if he had heard any new good Obama jokes and he said "no". To which I replied, "I haven't either. All the Obama jokes I hear are too scary"!
He then went on a rant how Obama has done nothing to put any money in his pocket, etc. I have noticed this several times lately, the people who you would think love Obama, are very disillusioned.. It think you Libtards need to wake up!
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186238 Mar 8, 2014
"So, if only the tuned-in rich insiders reach presidential promise, is it not better to elect the smartest and the brightest, as establishment-committed they may be? That would be Hillary or Biden."
Biden is smart? Are you sure we are on the same planet Jacques? Biden is Dan Quayle smart. As for Barry, we've been told he is smart, but he refuses to let anyone see any of his school records. My guess is he is average at best. He even told us he is lazy from his own lips. Hillary has more private sector experience then Barry, who had none, and she is smart and ruthless. Don't forget she told us that there were WMD's in Iraq, supported regime change, and voted for military intervention. She also accomplished nothing of significance as our Secretary of State besides burning a boat load of carbon emissions on government jets. The only reason the Keystone Pipeline has not been approved is because Warren Buffet has a stranglehold on carting that oil across the country on his train set and continues to buy off the administration. Under a republican administration we would be calling that crony capitalism, but with Barry in charge it's just good politics. The bailouts started under the Bush Administration. Barry broke the law screwing the bond holders in that deal and totally got away with it. Ten years from now our country will still have over 30 million uninsured according to the CBO, so what exactly did he improve? So far, more Americans have lost their existing coverage then previously uninsured have obtained it. Barry was declared liar of the year by politico over the fiasco the democrats created. As for unemployment, if you only consider the U3 rate, then you're not looking at the whole picture. Gas is $3.75 a gallon right now, food prices are through the roof, our currency is losing buying power, but hey, the rich just keep getting richer so all is cool and we keep getting the best politicians that money can buy. What a country!

Location hidden

#186239 Mar 8, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Rush has zero credibility.
He seems to be the self-annointed spokesman for the Republican party.
How can you not dislike the guy?
May I ask you what points you disagree with Rush on? Or are you a self-anointed idiot?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186240 Mar 8, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Rush has zero credibility.
He seems to be the self-annointed spokesman for the Republican party.
How can you not dislike the guy?
He's a talk show host "loose", with a show based on political commentary and opinion. Credible or not, he is the top of the mountain in that industry and is more responsible then anybody else in expanding the AM Talk format into national syndication over the last twenty plus years. You're just jealous of his success. Who's next on your hit parade of people you hate?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186241 Mar 8, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you what points you disagree with Rush on? Or are you a self-anointed idiot?
He's never listened to him Rogue so he's unable to give you an honest answer to that question. "loose" only listens to those he agrees with and then repeats the talking points ad nauseam. If he's been told your opinions differ from his beliefs, then he hates you and attacks you.
Ellen1

Dedham, MA

#186243 Mar 8, 2014
Continuing:

“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005)[Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]

"Some birthers imagine that there is a difference between being a “citizen by birth” or a “native citizen” on the one hand and a “natural born” citizen on the other.“Eccentric” is too kind a word for this notion, which is either daft or dishonest. All three terms are identical in meaning."---The Wall Street Journal ( http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297... )

Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana (Indiana 2008 – Appellate Court) ruling:“Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.”

Tisdale v. Obama (Virginia federal court 2012) ruling:“It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens.”

Purpura v. Obama (New Jersey 2012) ruling:“No court, federal, state or administrative, has accepted the challengers’ position that Mr. Obama is not a “natural born Citizen” due to the acknowledged fact that his father was born in Kenya and was a British citizen by virtue of the then applicable British Nationality Act. Nor has the fact that Obama had, or may have had, dual citizenship at the time of his birth and thereafter been held to deny him the status of natural born. It is unnecessary to reinvent the wheel here.… The petitioners’ legal position on this issue, however well intentioned, has no merit in law. Thus, accepting for the point of this issue that Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a ‘natural born Citizen’ regardless of the status of his father.”

Allen v. Obama (Arizona 2012) ruling:“Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent in construing the United States Constitution, Arizona v. Jay J. Garfield Bldg. Co., 39 Ariz. 45, 54, 3 P.2d 983, 986(1931), and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President.… Contrary to Plaintiff’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), does not hold otherwise.”

Farrar (et al.) v. Obama (Georgia 2012) ruling:“In 2009, the Indiana Court of Appeals (“Indiana Court”) addressed facts and issues similar to those before this court.[Ankeny] v. Governor, 916 N.E.2d (Ind. Ct. App. 2009).… The Indiana Court rejected the argument that Mr. Obama was ineligible, stating that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.… This Court finds the decision and analysis of [Ankeny] persuasive.”

And on October 1, 2012, the US Supreme Court turned down an appeal of the last of the rulings shown above, the Farrar case, which had ruled that "children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents." By rejecting the appeal, the US Supreme Court allowed the ruling of the lower court to STAND.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186244 Mar 8, 2014

Location hidden

#186245 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
For Obskeptic, Scrutiny, Ellen :
I agree and disagree on Obama.
GWB was a total disaster in domestic & foreign policy. He singlehandedly near-bankrupted the U.S. waged 2 losing wars that cost the country over 6000 lives, countless maimed and cost over $3 trillion.. He turned friends into foes and enemies into greater enemies.*********
And you have repeatedly been unable to articulate exactly what BUSH did to cause the economic problems. In fact, Obama is soooo stupid he can not seem to fix what ever Bush screwed up.
How may of our soldiers have died since Obama entered the White House? Did HE not say HE would get us out of those places? Close GITMO in his first year?!?
And it is Obama who has embolden our enemies as they know they can buffalo Obama. And our friends know they can NOT count on us any more!!!
birfers R insane

Los Angeles, CA

#186246 Mar 8, 2014
Wait until Hillary becomes President. If you tebaggers hate Obama so bad, wait till a woman becomes President. HAHAHAHA!

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186247 Mar 8, 2014
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186248 Mar 8, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul Alinsky. The spiritual leader of the left and a dedicated follower of satan. Rules for Radicals was credited to the devil by the author and folks like "loose" worship him.
"dedicated follower of satan." ?, eh? What's there not to like?

Ottawa

#186249 Mar 8, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for not being hip on terms Jacques, but I don't know what "dixit" means. I'm not sure how you gathered that I was for the war in Iraq from my post, but for the record I despise war. It is the ultimate failure in rational human behavior. Unfortunately history demonstrates that at times it is necessary, so I am for having the strongest and most advanced military of all countries, because without it freedom and liberty is very difficult to defend. My response to 9/11 would have been a careful investigation of who was responsible, and then quickly destroy them wherever they were hiding. Invading a country and nation building is stupid and imperialistic.
And that's precisely why GWB invaded Afghanistan thanksto the strong military that you so espouse and got his ass whipped, to be followed by Iraq for more ass whipping. Why Afghanistan? To kill Bin Laden who, in your very words, "was responsible". Only think is, GWB failed and Obama the "wuss" finished the job for him.

Please google "dixit". It's a common term often found in publications like Time magazine, The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and NY Times.

Ottawa

#186250 Mar 8, 2014
P.S.: Oh,and 16 of the 18 9/11 terrorists were Saudi. GWB invaded the wrong country, then had their prince at the Texas White House a couple of days after, followed by the exodus of all important Saudis from the U.S. BY AIR even though all civilian flights were prohibited. Hmmm.

P.P.S.: Hmmm - what're you gonna do with your sophisticated armaments against dedicated fanatical suicide bombers and roadside bombs?

Ottawa

#186251 Mar 8, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Girl friend is working tonight so I stopped by McDonald's as they have a chicken wing special. The one I go to (occationally) has mostly a black staff and tonight I told the clerk my new Obama joke by simply asking him if he had heard any new good Obama jokes and he said "no". To which I replied, "I haven't either. All the Obama jokes I hear are too scary"!
He then went on a rant how Obama has done nothing to put any money in his pocket, etc. I have noticed this several times lately, the people who you would think love Obama, are very disillusioned.. It think you Libtards need to wake up!
Good point, Rogue, except Obama's not running in 2016. Oh, and if he did run (he's not allowed, did you know?- I'm asking as you keep writing how blacks are disillusioned and how Obama is down in the polls - why? HE'S NOT RUNNING IN 2016). For sure, the black vote would drop from 92 to 91%. 1 peercentage point, not 1%.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186252 Mar 8, 2014
You better watch out
There may be dogs about

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186253 Mar 8, 2014
What do you get for pretending the danger's not real

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186254 Mar 9, 2014
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#186255 Mar 9, 2014
Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
I tinka ya you smoked way to much wacky tobaccy.
Probably and what's with the sparks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Notliz 1,403,357
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 40 min Ferrerman 80
River North. A horrible TERRIBLE, Extremely ba... 1 hr Chiraq 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 60,657
Chicago has the Worst Women 2 hr Chiraq 33
News Swim ban lifted at some Chicago-area beaches 2 hr Chiraq 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2,268

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages