BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 231189 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186225 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
What Saul? Surely not aka St-Paul?
Saul Alinsky. The spiritual leader of the left and a dedicated follower of satan. Rules for Radicals was credited to the devil by the author and folks like "loose" worship him.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186226 Mar 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Kristen Powers is a pretty weak example. They act like fox scours the Earth for respectable opposition and this piece of christian eye candy is the best they could come up with?
So she is against the death penalty and is a realist about war...so what?
It's only entertainment. People facing off repeating what they have heard at each other with superficial urgency. Usually one of them is intended to be eaten by the other.
It doesn't work out for them every time but after nearly every "panel" the host can confidently wink and nod you into the commercial break as the viewer's ideas have again stood victorious in the face of a random challenger.... god bless America....
How about Dennis Kucinich, Alan Colmes, Lanny Davis or James Carville to name a few more? All far more liberal then any "conservative" that MSNBC puts out there.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#186227 Mar 8, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what I like about you "Scrutiny". You offer thoughtful and serious responses based on your perspective. You're objective, and present an honest and intellectual opinion. I agree that the republicans as a party seem to be lacking a ruder in their platform and offer very little contrast to the democrats, who continue to maintain total control of the debate and the strategy. What I mean regarding symbolism over substance is the reality that Barry was all about electing the countries first black president, not an individual who presented the country a resume that qualified him for the job. Electing Hillary will be no different. The fact she has no penis is the most important component of her candidacy to the democrats. Pure symbolism just like Barry. I understand she was a senator and the Secretary of State, but in my opinion getting elected to the senate and getting the appointment was the significant aspect of that. She accomplished nothing of significance to suggest that she would be a great leader, which the country is in desperate need of. With the major media information suppliers being nothing more then an extension of the democrat party, no republican will ever get an objective narrative from them unless the media itself becomes so marginalized the left wing suppliers go bankrupt and leave the marketplace and gets replaced with some real journalist that challenge the political classes honesty and integrity. Fox is hated so much by the left because it's the only domestic presenter of opinion and news that challenges their propaganda. They are not perfect by any means but they do attempt to bring both sides better then their competition. There are more liberals on Fox then on MSNBC.
Ahh... THAT symbolism...

lol

Well, yes. There was sensationalism about being the first black president.

However, If you are truly objective you will understand that the Dems could have run about anyone who wasn't smoking crack and killing hookers during the election and would have soundly defeated any conservative that had ever been caught shaking hands with Cheney or Rumsfeld.

I mean... think about it. Obama won WITHOUT A PLATFORM.

THAT is how bad Americans thought Dubbya was. And I stress the word Americans. I am not talking about people who will identify themselves with one of the two major parties... it was never about issues and debate. It was cause and effect.

In effect... The GOP pulled the "lose a turn" card. And Obama benefited.

Second time it was a combo of Romney growing up on everything that is wrong with America and Obama wasn't campaigning... he was at war.

That is what conservatives I talk to miss the most.(Meaning it goes right over their head)

Obama did his homework on where he needed to win and who was going to make that happen... Hell, Obama literally never stopped campaigning through his entire first term. But this time he had the power and funding to win even without a decent term.

None of the above has any effect on the Hillary scenario. The liberals owe her and she is cashing in this election. Her ovaries aside. She is a very smart and powerful woman with even more powerful friends. She has exp, and Americans are used to seeing her around. That is bigger than you think.

Thank you for the compliment, I have been known to get a bit dirty, but only when I feel it is warranted.:)

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186228 Mar 8, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
And the crash continues with the exception of Wall Street getting way more wealthy at the expense of the little guy, and a world that is even more unstable with Barry's "lead from behind approach". Libya, Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Ukraine are in turmoil and radical islam is gaining more and more power along with Russia, China, and Iran. Bush was by no means anything special and made many mistakes, I agree, but he at least served as a Governor of one of our largest States, and got re-elected with support from many democrats in Texas. If you have any desire to be taken seriously, pay attention to the posts from "Scrutiny", as he is not an apologist for either party, and he clearly loves being an American over being a loyal democrat or republican. The only political party that sucks more then the republicans is the democrats and thats being real.
Do you even think for a nano second before you write? Example from your own keyboard : "pay attention to the posts from "Scrutiny", as he is not an apologist for either party, and he clearly loves being an American over being a loyal democrat or republican". Then, a fraction of a second later, you write : "The only political party that sucks more then the republicans is the democrats and thats being real". I like ;the way you emulate Scrutiny. Awe-inspiring !

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#186229 Mar 8, 2014
The Republicans had better wake up soon and smell the coffee or else they are in for the ride of their lives.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#186230 Mar 8, 2014
For Obskeptic, Scrutiny, Ellen :

I agree and disagree on Obama.

GWB was a total disaster in domestic & foreign policy. He singlehandedly near-bankrupted the U.S. waged 2 losing wars that cost the country over 6000 lives, countless maimed and cost over $3 trillion.. He turned friends into foes and enemies into greater enemies.

Barack Obama steps in. Poor bastard. God himself, if there is one, could not fix the holy mess GWB and his cohorts left. It took 12 years and a world war to recover from the great depression. All of a sudden, Repubs, tea partyers and birthers, whilst stalling every piece of legislation the White House sends to Congress, even closing the gov't, want this recession, in hindsight as catastrophic as the great depression, to end in less than 2 terms. Dream on.

What's Obama done that I think were "faux pas"?

1.Presenting a weakened Obama care and not bringing the doctors, hospitals and health care insurance to heel. Hmm, the fact that those 3 contributed to the Dems did not help his cause;

2. Bombing Libya. Horrible mistake. Look at Libya now,.At least we knew Ghadaffi the S.O.B. who,(why'd we move in?), was cozying up to the west, a buffer against radical Islam.

3. Not being insistent enough on Wall Street reforms and cutting off bonuses to the crooked bankers, mtge lenders and stock brokers. He should've stonewalled as a matter of principle. But again, any Dem party backers in there?

4, His cold shoulder to his greatest ally and trading partner, Canada, just because we have a right-wing prime minister. Obama prefers closer relations with drug-cartel and illegal-aliens Mexico. So be it.

5. Not entirely withdrawing from Iraq and now Afghanistan & propping up gangster Karzai. I don't get it.

6. Possible approval of the XL pipeline. Sinful.

7. Though attack not his fault, horrible horrific Benghazi follow-up.

On the plus side :

1. Obamacare. I know, see above, Hey, mediocre beats zilch after all;

2. His Syrian red line in the sand, I mocked it.I was wrong.No more chemical arms attacks, and the chemical weapons are on their way out and on schedule,according to U.N. monitors.

3. Hi non-intervention in Georgia and Ukraine. I ask Obama's detractors : What was he supposed to do? Put troops on the ground, planes in the air,ships in the sea & go to war?

4. His possible nixing of XL pipeline (see above).

5. Unemployment : From a high of 10.5% dec 2009 (not his doing) to 7% today.I know, I know, numbers are skewered, should be 11, 12% in real terms. But then, December 2009 should've been 13%, no? Obama uses same statistical methods as predecessors.

6. Housing prices :Rebounding slowly, but rebounding.

7. Petrol,natural gas : Heading towards self-sufficiency, net exporter refined products.

8. His rescue of Chrysler and GM saved hundreds of thousands of jobs with those two companies now highly profitable and hiring.

9. His bringing Iran to the negotiating table,with that country now under international surveillance,the tension having decreased considerably over Iran's nuclear ambitions.Nothing to lose there,all Iran has to do is renegue and we'll be back to the way we were. But then, is it not worth a try?
==========
Obama ,whatever his faults and qualities, started out with a stacked deck. He is not, was not, perfect, by all means. And, as Scrutiny said,they all more or less wear the same cloth, right or left. Ssoooo right. So, if only the tuned-in rich insiders reach presidential promise, is it not better to elect the smartest and the brightest, as establishment-committed they may be? That would be Hillary or Biden. Again, kudos to Scrutiny for pointing out the Repubs don't want the presidency, as surely, they cannot be THAT stupid. Who did not see that laughable list of 8 presidential hopefuls last time around ...do I have to name them? And look at the prospects for 2016 - Paul, Bush the 3rd, Trump (again), Palin OMG. Repubs HAVE to be doing it on purpose.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186231 Mar 8, 2014
Rush has zero credibility.
He seems to be the self-annointed spokesman for the Republican party.
How can you not dislike the guy?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186232 Mar 8, 2014
John McCain makes himself more and more irrelevant with each and every passing day.
He was used as a dispensible pawn by the Republicans.
And he continues to let them. What's not to dislike about that?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186234 Mar 8, 2014
"The right goal is not to cut our carbon emissions in half. The right goal is zero."

Bill Gates

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186235 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques,
Certainly the ER's occasionally see drug OD"s from time to time, but compared to the ravages of alcohol abuse it is an infrequent visitor.
Been there, done that. I would know, I work'd in a level I trauma center.
I always liked working second shift, 3-11.
You see a lot of crazy stuff on that watch.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#186237 Mar 8, 2014
Girl friend is working tonight so I stopped by McDonald's as they have a chicken wing special. The one I go to (occationally) has mostly a black staff and tonight I told the clerk my new Obama joke by simply asking him if he had heard any new good Obama jokes and he said "no". To which I replied, "I haven't either. All the Obama jokes I hear are too scary"!
He then went on a rant how Obama has done nothing to put any money in his pocket, etc. I have noticed this several times lately, the people who you would think love Obama, are very disillusioned.. It think you Libtards need to wake up!
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186238 Mar 8, 2014
"So, if only the tuned-in rich insiders reach presidential promise, is it not better to elect the smartest and the brightest, as establishment-committed they may be? That would be Hillary or Biden."
Biden is smart? Are you sure we are on the same planet Jacques? Biden is Dan Quayle smart. As for Barry, we've been told he is smart, but he refuses to let anyone see any of his school records. My guess is he is average at best. He even told us he is lazy from his own lips. Hillary has more private sector experience then Barry, who had none, and she is smart and ruthless. Don't forget she told us that there were WMD's in Iraq, supported regime change, and voted for military intervention. She also accomplished nothing of significance as our Secretary of State besides burning a boat load of carbon emissions on government jets. The only reason the Keystone Pipeline has not been approved is because Warren Buffet has a stranglehold on carting that oil across the country on his train set and continues to buy off the administration. Under a republican administration we would be calling that crony capitalism, but with Barry in charge it's just good politics. The bailouts started under the Bush Administration. Barry broke the law screwing the bond holders in that deal and totally got away with it. Ten years from now our country will still have over 30 million uninsured according to the CBO, so what exactly did he improve? So far, more Americans have lost their existing coverage then previously uninsured have obtained it. Barry was declared liar of the year by politico over the fiasco the democrats created. As for unemployment, if you only consider the U3 rate, then you're not looking at the whole picture. Gas is $3.75 a gallon right now, food prices are through the roof, our currency is losing buying power, but hey, the rich just keep getting richer so all is cool and we keep getting the best politicians that money can buy. What a country!

Location hidden

#186239 Mar 8, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
May I ask you what points you disagree with Rush on? Or are you a self-anointed idiot?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186240 Mar 8, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
He's a talk show host "loose", with a show based on political commentary and opinion. Credible or not, he is the top of the mountain in that industry and is more responsible then anybody else in expanding the AM Talk format into national syndication over the last twenty plus years. You're just jealous of his success. Who's next on your hit parade of people you hate?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186241 Mar 8, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you what points you disagree with Rush on? Or are you a self-anointed idiot?
He's never listened to him Rogue so he's unable to give you an honest answer to that question. "loose" only listens to those he agrees with and then repeats the talking points ad nauseam. If he's been told your opinions differ from his beliefs, then he hates you and attacks you.
Ellen1

Dedham, MA

#186243 Mar 8, 2014
Continuing:

“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005)[Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]

"Some birthers imagine that there is a difference between being a “citizen by birth” or a “native citizen” on the one hand and a “natural born” citizen on the other.“Eccentric” is too kind a word for this notion, which is either daft or dishonest. All three terms are identical in meaning."---The Wall Street Journal ( http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297... )

Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana (Indiana 2008 – Appellate Court) ruling:“Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.”

Tisdale v. Obama (Virginia federal court 2012) ruling:“It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens.”

Purpura v. Obama (New Jersey 2012) ruling:“No court, federal, state or administrative, has accepted the challengers’ position that Mr. Obama is not a “natural born Citizen” due to the acknowledged fact that his father was born in Kenya and was a British citizen by virtue of the then applicable British Nationality Act. Nor has the fact that Obama had, or may have had, dual citizenship at the time of his birth and thereafter been held to deny him the status of natural born. It is unnecessary to reinvent the wheel here.… The petitioners’ legal position on this issue, however well intentioned, has no merit in law. Thus, accepting for the point of this issue that Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a ‘natural born Citizen’ regardless of the status of his father.”

Allen v. Obama (Arizona 2012) ruling:“Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent in construing the United States Constitution, Arizona v. Jay J. Garfield Bldg. Co., 39 Ariz. 45, 54, 3 P.2d 983, 986(1931), and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President.… Contrary to Plaintiff’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), does not hold otherwise.”

Farrar (et al.) v. Obama (Georgia 2012) ruling:“In 2009, the Indiana Court of Appeals (“Indiana Court”) addressed facts and issues similar to those before this court.[Ankeny] v. Governor, 916 N.E.2d (Ind. Ct. App. 2009).… The Indiana Court rejected the argument that Mr. Obama was ineligible, stating that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.… This Court finds the decision and analysis of [Ankeny] persuasive.”

And on October 1, 2012, the US Supreme Court turned down an appeal of the last of the rulings shown above, the Farrar case, which had ruled that "children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents." By rejecting the appeal, the US Supreme Court allowed the ruling of the lower court to STAND.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#186244 Mar 8, 2014

Location hidden

#186245 Mar 8, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
For Obskeptic, Scrutiny, Ellen :
I agree and disagree on Obama.
GWB was a total disaster in domestic & foreign policy. He singlehandedly near-bankrupted the U.S. waged 2 losing wars that cost the country over 6000 lives, countless maimed and cost over $3 trillion.. He turned friends into foes and enemies into greater enemies.*********
And you have repeatedly been unable to articulate exactly what BUSH did to cause the economic problems. In fact, Obama is soooo stupid he can not seem to fix what ever Bush screwed up.
How may of our soldiers have died since Obama entered the White House? Did HE not say HE would get us out of those places? Close GITMO in his first year?!?
And it is Obama who has embolden our enemies as they know they can buffalo Obama. And our friends know they can NOT count on us any more!!!
birfers R insane

Los Angeles, CA

#186246 Mar 8, 2014
Wait until Hillary becomes President. If you tebaggers hate Obama so bad, wait till a woman becomes President. HAHAHAHA!

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#186247 Mar 8, 2014
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 min CrunchyBacon 104,549
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,460,025
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Winnipeg Wacko 62,351
Blank ATM card available for exchange 1 hr Win Adrian 3
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 71,239
The Road Warriors were your best Chi Town Citizens 4 hr hector 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 1,975

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages