BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
164,161 - 164,180 of 176,676 Comments Last updated 52 min ago

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

To deny and dispute the very real potential of a runaway greenhouse effect is nothing less than a fatalistic approach to a very serious anthropogenic problem

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just love liberals Jacques? So full of threats and always demanding that everyone agree with them or else.
Is that where you see this threat?

loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
Don't get on my bad side.
loose

You never mentioned ultra rightist conservative LRS's air boat rides and various death threats. Why?

Cannon wrote that tongue in cheek, rest assured. Since when is "Don't get on my bad side." a threat?

Enjoy the heat, it's still cold here, unseasonably so.
Obskeptic

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
To deny and dispute the very real potential of a runaway greenhouse effect is nothing less than a fatalistic approach to a very serious anthropogenic problem
Have your boy use that phone and his pen to throttle back China and India then, because we have done plenty to curb our manufacturing production and carbon emissions. Everyone except for the likes of Al Gore though, who still flies private and owns multiple massive homes. The glaring hypocrisy of the left makes me want to vomit.
Obskeptic

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Newsflash LC, the planet will care about as much as it did when the dinosaurs left us as it will if we were to go, and if your bunch were around to have attempted saving them from extinction, you would have failed. Put that fatalism in your bong and smoke it! Reality sucks for you!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Changes in Solar Brightness Too Weak to Explain Global Warming

http://www.ucar.edu/news/releases/2006/bright...

But certain moronic deniers are convinced that scientists are unaware of solar irradiance.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash LC, the planet will care about as much as it did when the dinosaurs left us as it will if we were to go, and if your bunch were around to have attempted saving them from extinction, you would have failed. Put that fatalism in your bong and smoke it! Reality sucks for you!
Has nothing to do with anything about the very real human contribution to climate change or the fact that humans can do something about the human contribution to climate change.

BTW, the dinos did not have much influence on climate, in contrast to 20th and 21st century humans.

Nevertheless, the planet does not care. That doesn't mean we should not care about our future.

And yes, someday we will all be dead. That doesn't mean we should not do what we can to optimize our experience while alive on this planet.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your boy use that phone and his pen to throttle back China and India then, because we have done plenty to curb our manufacturing production and carbon emissions. Everyone except for the likes of Al Gore though, who still flies private and owns multiple massive homes. The glaring hypocrisy of the left makes me want to vomit.
We, the western and 1st world countries, have built our wealth on outright destruction of the environment and incredible noxious emissions. Now, holier than-thou we've become we have the gall to tell these up-and-coming nations that they can attempt to reach our level of prosperity if they want, but, hey, not the way we did, no sirree. Who do they think they are?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Oregon Garbage Man Saves American Flag Blown Off Pole

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

wojar wrote:
But certain moronic deniers are convinced that scientists are unaware of solar irradiance.
Did you notice that article was written in 2006, the year before they changed "Global Warming" to "Climate Change"? Why did they change the name???
Did you know that Dr. David Hathaway prior to 2007 thought Solar Cycle #24 would be another hot cycle and the very next year changed his solar forecast and it has been running true as #24 is the coldest solar cycle in about one hundred years?
As so, just who is UCAR? Ah, our loony-lefties from the University of Colorado?!?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

wojar wrote:
Libtards think the fact that our Sun was in a Solar Maximum in the late 2oth Century had absolutely nothing to do with global warming during the same time. Do you think it odd that the Maunder [Solar} Minimum had NOTHING to do with the Little Ice Age?!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sunspot_Num...

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HYvcQ7aZncgXX
Yawn

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that article was written in 2006, the year before they changed "Global Warming" to "Climate Change"? Why did they change the name???
Did you know that Dr. David Hathaway prior to 2007 thought Solar Cycle #24 would be another hot cycle and the very next year changed his solar forecast and it has been running true as #24 is the coldest solar cycle in about one hundred years?
As so, just who is UCAR? Ah, our loony-lefties from the University of Colorado?!?
Simple.Because it involved a whole lot more than global warming. Warming IS causing change and so goes the vicious circle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Kind of like Cold Fusion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch ..
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn
But if he ran over some baby ducks crossing the road, what you have done with him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Simple.Because it involved a whole lot more than global warming. Warming IS causing change and so goes the vicious circle.
But, in your opinion, it can not change and go back into another Little Ice Age simply because evil mankind is more powerful than our Sun?
Obskeptic

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

<quoted text>
Again I ask the question Jacques, if in fact the climate is changing, as it always has continuously for centuries in both directions, is it more beneficial to human existence for temperatures to trend towards a warmer planet, or a colder one? Which extreme would terminate mans existence sooner, extreme cold or extreme warm?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I ask the question Jacques, if in fact the climate is changing, as it always has continuously for centuries in both directions, is it more beneficial to human existence for temperatures to trend towards a warmer planet, or a colder one? Which extreme would terminate mans existence sooner, extreme cold or extreme warm?
I have no idea , do you? I do know that the inhabitants of the colder northern hemisphere live better and longer, are richer than the majority of the hotter and tropical south, even though they are often blessed with easier agriculture along with a host of natural resources. Why's that?

And again, I answer your question. I don't know. As I've told Rogue a million times, I leave things that are foreign to me, like climate science, to scientists. The majority of the latter tell us we are heading in the wrong direction with climate warming. One thing I find interesting is that the process we are supposedly going through has occurred before, 1000s of years ago, but at a much slower pace.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch..<quoted text>
But if he ran over some baby ducks crossing the road, what you have done with him?
If he had done it accidentally, nothing.

If he had done it one purpose, nothing, except that I'd think he's a heartless S.O.B. It is worst in my book than leaving the flag be.

P.S.: Oh, the garbage man (we don't call 'em that any more) folded the flag on a garbage can, did you see and hear? Shameful, no?

Hey, change of subject. What about that "cracker" definition I've given you twice now? Never any comment, except you come back with it on a regular basis. Should blacks not feel resentful at having the whip "cracked" at them by their masters? On the other hand, why would the whites have anything against "N worders?". What'd they do the crackers?

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The article summarized the conclusions of a paper published in Nature. However the rougetard has no rebuttal so he resorts to ad hominem bullcrap. The article referred to the global warming that occurred over the past 100 years and how solar irradiance changes could not possibly account for the entire magnitude of warming observed.

BTW, Hathaway's predictions about solar cycles have absolutely nothing to do with the findings that solar irradiance cannot account for the magnitude of warming. The rougetard is out in left field again and as dishonest as usual.
wojar wrote:
http://www.ucar.edu/news/releases/2006/bright ...

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Libtards think the fact that our Sun was in a Solar Maximum in the late 2oth Century had absolutely nothing to do with global warming during the same time. Do you think it odd that the Maunder [Solar} Minimum had NOTHING to do with the Little Ice Age?!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sunspot_Num...
It is not odd that the illiterate rougetard thinks the article claimed that the Maunder Minimum had nothing to do with the Little Ice Age.

It is also not odd but sadly consistent that the illiterate rougetard thinks the article said solar irradiance had nothing to do with the warming observed over the past 100 years.

“Our results imply that, over the past century, climate change due to human influences must far outweigh the effects of changes in the Sun's brightness,” says Wigley.

Where does the rougetard find "nothing to do" in the article?
wojar wrote:
http://www.ucar.edu/news/releases/2006/bright ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,095,329
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min RACE 97,764
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min SpaceBlues 46,215
Amy 8-19 43 min Kuuipo 13
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min Jonah1 49,244
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Nono 3,900
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Always Smile 23
Amy 8-20 2 hr Kuuipo 12
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search