BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 219576 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#185654 Feb 26, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the ship that just the other month went to the Antarctic? Where the "tourists" that actually were a scientific contingent that went there to prove global warming and that the ice was retreating but they got trapped in the rapidly advancing ice sheet and required rescue? Rescue from fossil fuel transportation because wind, solar, and hydro energy is light years away from replacing good old fashioned oil. You really need to stop allowing the left to spoon feed you with their bullshit Jacques. I honestly think you're smarter then that. You are way to trusting of government and the players that put their faith in it. Government is made up of people just like corporations are, and have their own agenda to support their interests. They are usually way more incompetent then the private sector is the big difference. Just look at Kathleen Sebelius for example. Just yesterday she stated she doesn't even know where the 7 million number originated regarding how many needed to sign up and pay for Obamacare insurance when she was the person that first made the statement back in September of last year.
No,I am not referring to that ship. I am referring to a ship I was on a number of years ago. But that one you referred to, along with its "rescue" Chinese ship that also got trapped in the ice was indeed interesting. Reason they got trapped was because of the excess of ice that was melting and breaking up. Where do you get your information?

Corporation and private sector big shots are less incompetent, smarter even than gov't people? Really? Then how do you explain the discomfiture of the once world-reigning big Three, the bailout of the banks and brokerage houses and Ma Mortgage that were run by these supposedly smarter people? Lehman Brothers, all these "smart" guys, heard of them?

Obamacare. You're grabbing at straws. First, it was the lousy informatics set-up, nothing to do with the plan itself, good or bad, but now, it seems to be heading out of choppy waters. As I told Rogue, come back in 2 years or so and ask the American people how they like Obamacare and you'll see, bad as it is, it's still better than the alternative, best doctors,labs, hospitals in the world, almost half the population could not afford them or their insurance cmpanies would turn them down. Yes, Obamacare is bad, the laughing stock of countries with real health care, i admit it, but as I just said, it sure beats the alternative, namely what you had before.

I'm not allowing the left or the right to spoon feed me anything. I try to be informed from both sides and come to my own conclusions, which is something you are unable to do, so super glued are you to the far right. But, tell you what, had I to spend a year on a desert island with just one person, and I had a choice between a lefty and a righty, I'd pick the one with the gray matter, the left guy. He's also turn out to be more interesting, carry more culture and be witty. All qualities sadly lacking on the right.

As to new technologies like wind, solar power, hydrogen, etc, yes, they are more expensive. But so were cars compared to horses at the beginning of the 20th century. Guess who won out? You'll have the same with new technologies and they're closer than you think.

Ottawa

#185655 Feb 26, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that smart? I think not. So now what? I guess we just keep insulting one another like you liberals seem to enjoy so much. You make as much sense as an eskimo vegetarian. Try growing some vegetables in your freezer and get back to me Woj.
Hey, review your latest posts and see who's the insultER. YOU. Personally, I haven't insulted you yet, and when I do do that now and then, it's always in context, always hyphened to something.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#185656 Feb 27, 2014
"And, we live in a country where if you want to drink out of a red Solo cup, or today you want to drink out of an orange and black Solo cup, or if you want to drink out of a crystal stem, you have the opportunity to do that. You have the freedom to choose.....
I will always go to the mat to fight for freedom."

Marsha Blackburn (TN-7)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#185658 Feb 27, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dead on. This is how obskeptic wants to be left alone :
Exxon Valdez : Leave us alone
Gulf BP blow-out : Leave us alone
Lac Mégantic oil train derailment, 46 dead : Leave us alone
Numerous railroad oil tanker disasters in U.S. and Canada : Leave us alone
Numerous oil pipeline disasters in U.S. and Canada : Leave us alone
Hardly one river or lake left unpolluted in North America : Leave us alone
Etc etc,'"leave us alone".
Fine, just never use anything connected with petroleum? Get yourself a wind-powered car! Or ride a horse!! Want to go to Las Vegas, walk!!!
Don't eat anything that has been transported by anything using petroleum! Grow it yourself and do your own hunting!
All Libtards are flaming hypocrites!

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#185659 Feb 27, 2014
Jacques,
If Marsha Blackburn ever went to the mat to fight or freedom, she's find herself flat on her back with her shoulders pinned and her ankles tucked behind her ears.

Location hidden

#185660 Feb 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that article was written in 2006, the year before they changed "Global Warming" to "Climate Change"? Why did they change the name???
Did you know that Dr. David Hathaway prior to 2007 thought Solar Cycle #24 would be another hot cycle and the very next year changed his solar forecast and it has been running true as #24 is the coldest solar cycle in about one hundred years?
As so, just who is UCAR? Ah, our loony-lefties from the University of Colorado?!?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The article summarized the conclusions of a paper published in Nature. However the rougetard has no rebuttal so he resorts to ad hominem bullcrap. The article referred to the global warming that occurred over the past 100 years and how solar irradiance changes could not possibly account for the entire magnitude of warming observed.
BTW, Hathaway's predictions about solar cycles have absolutely nothing to do with the findings that solar irradiance cannot account for the magnitude of warming. The rougetard is out in left field again and as dishonest as usual.
<quoted text>
But "solar 'irradiance'" is not the only force from our Sun which affects our weather. Have you ever heard of the Van Allen Radiation Belts and cosmic radiation?
Were does the Van Allen Belts get its radioactive material from? Solar Flares!!! You see, the more sun spots, the more frequent and more powerful Solar Flares ...... which recharge the Van Allen Belts ..... which block cosmic radiation ...... which cause less stratospheric clouding . which blocks Sun light!!!
Because there have been fewer and less powerful Solar Flares ........ there is less trapped radioactive material in the Van Allen Belts ...... which means more cosmic radiation (twice as much as just 20 years ago)..... which means more stratospheric clouding .....which means less Sun light reaching Earth!!!
Remember, Dr, David Hathaway is a SOLAR PHYSICIST!!!!

Location hidden

#185661 Feb 27, 2014
Ah, I just learned something new about the Van Allen Radiation Belts which might explain why the Ozone Hole over Antarctica is larger than the one over the Arctic (seasonal adjusted)

"The PAMELA experiment, while passing through the SAA, detected antiproton levels that were orders of magnitude higher than those expected from normal particle decay. This suggests the Van Allen belt confines antiparticles produced by the interaction of the Earth's upper atmosphere with cosmic rays."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:South_Atlan...

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#185662 Feb 27, 2014
That is correctomundo, Jacques.
I am calling Marsha Blackburn a harlot of the Republicans

Ottawa

#185663 Feb 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, just never use anything connected with petroleum? Get yourself a wind-powered car! Or ride a horse!! Want to go to Las Vegas, walk!!!
Don't eat anything that has been transported by anything using petroleum! Grow it yourself and do your own hunting!
All Libtards are flaming hypocrites!
You ignorantly wrote "All Libtards are flaming hypocrites!"

And it means that oil, petrol, should not be safely transported just because oil is a necessary commodity? It means that all food should carelessly be laced with salmonella and e-coli because food is a necessity? Why are you such a knee-jerk right-wing extremist? of course I need oil to get me around, to heat me, to even clothe me. Just because petroleum products are absolutely necessary in our daily lives, does that mean that oil-producing-transport companies have the right to operate faulty sea and rail tankers and pipelines and pollute me?

Question again : "Libtard" is what you call me. I presume it's meant as an insult, both to me and special needs people. Does it follow that I have every right to kill you for calling me a pejorative name? What about cracker? Do you understand its true meaning now? Have you consulted a real dictionary as to the meaning of that favourite word of yours, "bigot"?

Location hidden

#185664 Feb 27, 2014
Why did the loony-lefties write this article? Because they are worried about the truth.

Cosmic Rays Contribute Little to Climate Change
Published: November 9th, 2013

By Paul Brown, Climate News Network

LONDON – Changes in solar activity, sunspots and cosmic rays, and their effects on clouds, have contributed no more than 10 percent to global warming, according to two British scientists.

The findings, published in the journal Environmental Research Letters, revisit the basic science that it is increasing carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that are causing most climate change. They also re-examine the alternative case made by climate deniers: that it is the Sun’s changing activity and not us that is causing the Earth to heat up.
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/cosmic-ray...

Location hidden

#185665 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You ignorantly wrote "All Libtards are flaming hypocrites!"
And it means that oil, petrol, should not be safely transported just because oil is a necessary commodity? It means that all food should carelessly be laced with salmonella and e-coli because food is a necessity? Why are you such a knee-jerk right-wing extremist? of course I need oil to get me around, to heat me, to even clothe me. Just because petroleum products are absolutely necessary in our daily lives, does that mean that oil-producing-transport companies have the right to operate faulty sea and rail tankers and pipelines and pollute me?
Question again : "Libtard" is what you call me. I presume it's meant as an insult, both to me and special needs people. Does it follow that I have every right to kill you for calling me a pejorative name? What about cracker? Do you understand its true meaning now? Have you consulted a real dictionary as to the meaning of that favourite word of yours, "bigot"?
Cracker is a RACIAL term and "Libtard" refers to Liberals you are unable to form an intellectually honest opinion. It is funny that many low-IQ people know the difference between right and wrong but you don't as you think it is okay to assault someone just because you don't like them.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#185666 Feb 27, 2014
Jacques,
I just don;t know what to think of people sometimes.
But I will say this, the internet has certainly unveiled the mask of obscurity for a lot of crooked politicians who would otherwise remain unknown and hidden from the light of day.
I just see a lot of eery parallels with Marsha Blackburn's Dixie Cup quotation and Marie Antoinete's infamous quip, "Let them eat cake".
loose

Location hidden

#185667 Feb 27, 2014
New paper links cosmic rays, clouds, and temperature
Posted on September 11, 2011 by Anthony Watts

This new paper shows what appears to be a link between Forbush descreases and terrestrial temperature change shortly afterwards. It is a short time scale demonstration of what Svensmark is positing happens on a longer climate appropriate time scale as the solar magnetic field changes with long periods. I’ve covered the topic of Forbush decreases before, and thus I’ll draw on that for a refresher.

The definition at Wikipedia:

A Forbush decrease is a rapid decrease in the observed galactic cosmic ray intensity following a coronal mass ejection (CME). It occurs due to the magnetic field of the plasma solar wind sweeping some of the galactic cosmic rays away from Earth.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/09/11/new-pap...

Location hidden

#185668 Feb 27, 2014
This was posted in 2011

CERN CLOUD Experiment Shows Mini Ice Age 2015
#t=18

Location hidden

#185669 Feb 27, 2014
By definition, it is normal for Urban Heat Island Big Cities to set new record HIGH temperatures but for them to be setting new record LOW temps bucks the laws of nature.

Coldest Winter in More Than 30 Years
Posted by: Paul Douglas Updated: February 24, 2014

think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I hope I can make it through this winter without going completely bat crazy. Even for the hardiest of Minnesotans, this continued Arctic nonsense can be a bit too much at times.

According to the National Weather Service, we have now just edged into the 10th coldest winter on record. This meteorological winter has been the coldest since 1979, which means that if you're less than 35 years of age and have lived in Minneapolis your entire life, you have never experienced a winter as cold as the present!

Interestingly, the official snow depth observation from the Minneapolis Int'l Airport was 24" last Friday making it the 5th highest snow depth on record during any meteorological winter day (December - February).

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/246923781.ht...

Ottawa

#185670 Feb 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cracker is a RACIAL term and "Libtard" refers to Liberals you are unable to form an intellectually honest opinion. It is funny that many low-IQ people know the difference between right and wrong but you don't as you think it is okay to assault someone just because you don't like them.
I didn't assault anyone, but YOU did, calling me a "libtard". If "libtard" means someone who is unable to form an intellectually honest opinion, then apprise me as to what "tard. means. Also, as you are insulting anyone you call "libtard", I repeat the question, am I allowed to shoot you dead when you call me such a name? Finally, well, not quite, how intellectually honest is it to respond, when intellectually incapable to do so intelligently with the word "libtard"? Which you do liberally (pun fully intended)

You still don't understand the liaison between cracker and whip, now do you? You willfully ignore it.

Ottawa

#185671 Feb 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
By definition, it is normal for Urban Heat Island Big Cities to set new record HIGH temperatures but for them to be setting new record LOW temps bucks the laws of nature.
Coldest Winter in More Than 30 Years
Posted by: Paul Douglas Updated: February 24, 2014
think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I hope I can make it through this winter without going completely bat crazy. Even for the hardiest of Minnesotans, this continued Arctic nonsense can be a bit too much at times.
According to the National Weather Service, we have now just edged into the 10th coldest winter on record. This meteorological winter has been the coldest since 1979, which means that if you're less than 35 years of age and have lived in Minneapolis your entire life, you have never experienced a winter as cold as the present!
Interestingly, the official snow depth observation from the Minneapolis Int'l Airport was 24" last Friday making it the 5th highest snow depth on record during any meteorological winter day (December - February).
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/246923781.ht...
1. Winter is one of FOUR seasons
2. Summer in the U.S. was one of the hottest on record in 2013
3. Minnesota represents what in mass land area on the planet? Going local again, I see.

Location hidden

#185672 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
1. Winter is one of FOUR seasons
2. Summer in the U.S. was one of the hottest on record in 2013
3. Minnesota represents what in mass land area on the planet? Going local again, I see.
1. Well dah!
2. According to whom? NASA-GISS (Columbia University)?
3. Ah, over 400 winter records have been broken this month to include Jacksonville which set a new ALL TIME record low-high of 36F (previous record was 40F).
Three for three, shot you down again!!!

Location hidden

#185673 Feb 27, 2014
Oh, it is now 17 YEARS!!!

The Met office responds to ‘Global warming stopped 16 years ago’
Posted on October 15, 2012 by Anthony Watts

This article and graphic from David Rose in the UK Daily Mail has caused quite a stir as we covered it here over the weekend. The Met Office has responded exactly as one would expect they would and I repeat their response below.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/10/15/the-met...

Location hidden

#185674 Feb 27, 2014
5/26/2013
To The Horror Of Global Warming Alarmists, Global Cooling Is Here

Around 1250 A.D., historical records show, ice packs began showing up farther south in the North Atlantic. Glaciers also began expanding on Greenland, soon to threaten Norse settlements on the island. From 1275 to 1300 A.D., glaciers began expanding more broadly, according to radiocarbon dating of plants killed by the glacier growth. The period known today as the Little Ice Age was just starting to poke through.

Summers began cooling in Northern Europe after 1300 A.D., negatively impacting growing seasons, as reflected in the Great Famine of 1315 to 1317. Expanding glaciers and ice cover spreading across Greenland began driving the Norse settlers out. The last, surviving, written records of the Norse Greenland settlements, which had persisted for centuries, concern a marriage in 1408 A.D. in the church of Hvalsey, today the best preserved Norse ruin.
======
The increase in global temperatures since the late 19th century just reflects the end of the Little Ice Age. The global temperature trends since then have followed not rising CO2 trends but the ocean temperature cycles of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) and the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO). Every 20 to 30 years, the much colder water near the bottom of the oceans cycles up to the top, where it has a slight cooling effect on global temperatures until the sun warms that water. That warmed water then contributes to slightly warmer global temperatures, until the next churning cycle.

Those ocean temperature cycles, and the continued recovery from the Little Ice Age, are primarily why global temperatures rose from 1915 until 1945, when CO2 emissions were much lower than in recent years. The change to a cold ocean temperature cycle, primarily the PDO, is the main reason that global temperatures declined from 1945 until the late 1970s, despite the soaring CO2 emissions during that time from the postwar industrialization spreading across the globe.

The 20 to 30 year ocean temperature cycles turned back to warm from the late 1970s until the late 1990s, which is the primary reason that global temperatures warmed during this period. But that warming ended 15 years ago, and global temperatures have stopped increasing since then, if not actually cooled, even though global CO2 emissions have soared over this period. As The Economist magazine reported in March,“The world added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010. That is about a quarter of all the CO2 put there by humanity since 1750.” Yet, still no warming during that time. That is because the CO2 greenhouse effect is weak and marginal compared to natural causes of global temperature changes.

At first the current stall out of global warming was due to the ocean cycles turning back to cold. But something much more ominous has developed over this period. Sunspots run in 11 year short term cycles, with longer cyclical trends of 90 and even 200 years. The number of sunspots declined substantially in the last 11 year cycle, after flattening out over the previous 20 years. But in the current cycle, sunspot activity has collapsed. NASA’s Science News report for January 8, 2013 states,

“Indeed, the sun could be on the threshold of a mini-Maunder event right now. Ongoing Solar Cycle 24 [the current short term 11 year cycle] is the weakest in more than 50 years. Moreover, there is (controversial) evidence of a long-term weakening trend in the magnetic field strength of sunspots. Matt Penn and William Livingston of the National Solar Observatory predict that by the time Solar Cycle 25 arrives, magnetic fields on the sun will be so weak that few if any sunspots will be formed. Independent lines of research involving helioseismology and surface polar fields tend to support their conclusion.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,404,985
Chicago has the Worst Women 37 min Tip Stixx 38
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 103,234
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,258
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 1,804
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,562

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages