BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 189630 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#185238 Feb 13, 2014
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue thinks all blacks live in a ghetto and Iím sure he takes cues from bill O as well. Iíll assume they both meant well. LOL
ďO'Reilly surprised "there was no difference" between Harlem restaurant and other New York restaurantsĒ
http://mediamatters.org/research/2007/09/21/o...
OMG, just listened to and read the transcript, re the above link you supplied. This guy O'Reilly should be dubbed "the Rogue Scholar of the airwaves". Incredible!

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#185239 Feb 13, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, his 27th ILLEGAL altering of the Affordable Care Act. What gives ANY president the authority to change ANY law?
Just sayin' it's illegal doesn't make it so.

Delaying Parts of Obamacare:'Blatantly Illegal' or Routine Adjustment?

"The announcement describes the postponed requirements as "ACA mandatory" -- i.e., not discretionary or subject to indefinite waiver. On July 9, Assistant Treasury Secretary Mark Mazur added, in a letter to House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton, that the Department expects to publish proposed rules implementing the relevant provisions "this summer, after a dialogue with stakeholders." In effect, the Administration explains the delay as a sensible adjustment to phase-in enforcement, not a refusal to enforce."

"In fact, applicable judicial precedent places such timing adjustments well within the Executive Branch's lawful discretion. To be sure, the federal Administrative Procedure Act authorizes federal courts to compel agencies to initiate statutorily required actions that have been "unreasonably delayed." But courts have found delays to be unreasonable only in rare cases where, unlike this one, inaction had lasted for several years, and the recalcitrant agency could offer neither a persuasive excuse nor a credible end to its dithering."

"the Supreme Court has declined to intervene. As held by former Chief Justice William Rehnquist in a leading case on this subject, Heckler v. Chaney, courts must respect an agency's presumptively superior grasp of 'the many variables involved in the proper ordering of its priorities.' "

http://tinyurl.com/n2ka23o

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#185240 Feb 13, 2014
Jacques,
John Lennon of Beatles fame was particularly fond of the Rickenbacker 6-string guitar.

I'm just saying that Gibson is FOS when they claims they need Madagascar Rosewood for their fretboards.
Mother-of-pearl inlays found on most guitar fretboards would ruin the harmonic nuances of the instrument.
The allure of endangered species on the fretboards of electric guitars is purely cosmetic, is what I am sayin'. I think I have satisfactorily proven my point. It has been well thought out and researched and which is based on facts as well as decades of experience as an accomplished and classically trained musician.
loose

Bristol, CT

#185246 Feb 13, 2014
My business receipts have experienced a significant uptick in the last two months. The economy seems to be getting better.

Ottawa

#185247 Feb 13, 2014
wojar wrote:
My business receipts have experienced a significant uptick in the last two months. The economy seems to be getting better.
You're right, though the Repubs will tell you it's not so. Remarkably, the economy has improved in spite of constant opposition to anything dems or Obama propose, right up to defaulting. Unemployment stands at 6.6%, surpassing Canada's numbers. Sure, the real number is higher than 6.6%, that's no secret, but nonetheless can be compared to previous years' numbers under any president as all of them have used the same statistical procedures. Trade deficit is down, and employers are hiring. Oh sure, the U.S. is not out of the woods by any means - no country except Qatar is, I guess. But you're right, economy IS getting better. And if it continues, that's good news for you guys as well as the rest of the world.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#185248 Feb 13, 2014
Jacques,
So anyway, I find the guitar boring as a stand-alone instrument.
I have an Ibanez acoustic, but I haven;t played it in years. It's made in Japan.
The piano is much more versatile. I have a Kawai grand. It's made in Japan too.
Mine was made in the '60's, and I had a technician tell me one time that the early models like mine are nicer because of wood they were using back then on the soundboard is not so commonplace anymore.
I imagine it's old-growth Sitka spruce from Alaska, but I'm not positive.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#185256 Feb 14, 2014
Jacques,
What I am getting at is music instruction, and how it takes often takes a back seat in education.
Back when I was a kid, very few of my classmates were doing what I did. It was all private lessons for the most part. What they did in the public schools was almost comical, although they tried.
From what I understand now, many if not most of those public school programs, along with art, have been drastically cut or eliminated entirely.
But we still had gym class, as they still do. That was a complete waste of time, as far as I am concerned.
The dreaded gym class. We had co-ed when I was in high school.
One of the activities they had us do was square dancing.
Can you believe it? Square dancing in PE class.
What a waste of valuable time.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#185257 Feb 14, 2014
Mmmm, bi9rds getting stuck in sticky tar = BAD but birds getting fried in flight = GOOD!!! Love them Libtards

This is what the world's largest solar plant looks like when it's catching rays
By Jacob Kastrenakes on February 13, 2014

The Wall Street Journal reports that its more than 300,000 mirrors have been scorching birds that fly through their path, and the Associated Press reports that local protected tortoises had to be relocated during the plant's construction.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/13/5408686/iva...

Location hidden

#185258 Feb 14, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
What I am getting at is music instruction, and how it takes often takes a back seat in education.
Back when I was a kid, very few of my classmates were doing what I did. It was all private lessons for the most part. What they did in the public schools was almost comical, although they tried.
From what I understand now, many if not most of those public school programs, along with art, have been drastically cut or eliminated entirely.
But we still had gym class, as they still do. That was a complete waste of time, as far as I am concerned.
The dreaded gym class. We had co-ed when I was in high school.
One of the activities they had us do was square dancing.
Can you believe it? Square dancing in PE class.
What a waste of valuable time.
New York's a lonely town

Location hidden

#185259 Feb 14, 2014
wojar wrote:
Do you work for the IRS?
Libtardian Logic, "I'm doing well so everyone else is"! I wonder what our black folks with a 12% unemployment rate think about that???

Black Unemployment Rises to 12.1 percent
Posted by: Dvon Posted date: February 11, 2014

At 12.1 percent the Black unemployment rate is nearly double the national unemployment rate of 6.6 percent. The unemployment rate for Black men over 20 years old jumped from 11.5 percent in December 2013 to 12 percent in January,.....
http://thewestsidegazette.com/black-unemploym...

Bristol, CT

#185262 Feb 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you work for the IRS?
Libtardian Logic, "I'm doing well so everyone else is"! I wonder what our black folks with a 12% unemployment rate think about that???
Black Unemployment Rises to 12.1 percent
Posted by: Dvon Posted date: February 11, 2014
At 12.1 percent the Black unemployment rate is nearly double the national unemployment rate of 6.6 percent. The unemployment rate for Black men over 20 years old jumped from 11.5 percent in December 2013 to 12 percent in January,.....
http://thewestsidegazette.com/black-unemploym...
Typicaly Rougetardian lack of reasoning and reading comprehension. I said my receipts have improved which is consistent with an improving economy. Last time I checked unemployment is down, businesses are doing better, and the economy is improving. Somehow Rouge reads that to mean "everyone is doing better including young black men."

Grow up Rouge.
wojar wrote:

Location hidden

#185265 Feb 14, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Typicaly Rougetardian lack of reasoning and reading comprehension. I said my receipts have improved which is consistent with an improving economy. Last time I checked unemployment is down, businesses are doing better, and the economy is improving. Somehow Rouge reads that to mean "everyone is doing better including young black men."
Grow up Rouge.
<quoted text>
I checked last week and the Labor Participation rate is at a 35 year high. About the same as when Obama's mentor Jimmy "The Peanut Man" Carter was in the White House! I wonder what the U6 Unemployment rate is for blacks?

Location hidden

#185266 Feb 14, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
A few in the Tea Party? A few? Is that a joke?
Now where did Poppo say there were no racists in the NAACP or in any organization?
I know too many TP people who tell n***** jokes when in an all white crowd.
A few?
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so there are a few racists in the TEA Party? As if there are no racists in the NAACP or New Black Panthers???
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>

Now where did Poppo say there were no racists in the NAACP or in any organization?

A few?
Well, I bet there is a lower percentage of racists in the TEA Party than there is in the NAACP!!! The NAACP has to create racism so it will continue to exist. If there is no racism, real or perceived, there will be no need for the NAACP!!!
Same thing for the EPA, OSHA, etc. They have to find things to fix to justify their existence. That is what Liberals do.

Location hidden

#185268 Feb 14, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
A few?
<quoted text>
Can you tell us how many in the TEA Party are racists? You do know there are Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc. in the TEA Party, don't you? All the Hindus I know are Conservatives. Maybe that is why Joe Biden hates them!

"you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."
Joe Biden 2008

Location hidden

#185269 Feb 14, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, who would ever suspect that Rogue is racist, Poppo? Indeed, Rogue is anything but, and he's proved it so many times. Why, here's and example. Just the other day, he told us about this nice BLACK family picnicking, and how clean and polite they seemed to be. Well, we know for a fact that Rogue would've made the same comment had the family been white.'Yes'", Rogue would no doubt say, "saw a WHITE family picnicking, and how clean and polite they seemed to be".
Just where did I comment on a black family picnicking much less comment on how clean and polite they were? I think you are getting paranoid as you seem to see me everywhere!

Location hidden

#185270 Feb 14, 2014
Mmmmm, the Michael Dunn murder trial is ending it's second day of jury deliberation. I have heard testimony that I had not heard before the trial that may have given Mr. Dunn the right to use deadly force to protect himself.
Just like in the Geo. Zimmerman trial the LSM withheld evidence that might imply self defense as a real issue.
Oh, and the prosecutor is Angel Corry who indicted Geo. Zimmerman. If she loses this case to it will make her look like the flaming bigot she is. Laws are laws and self defense is a reason to shoot someone.
Just like Coke and Skitles was NOT the issue in the Geo. Zimmerman trial, neither was loud music in this case. Libtards think they have the right to assault crazy azz CRACKERS!!!

Ottawa

#185271 Feb 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just where did I comment on a black family picnicking much less comment on how clean and polite they were? I think you are getting paranoid as you seem to see me everywhere!
You did, apart from many similar comments you've made. I'm not gonna backtrack and try tofind that post, I don't archive them like you do. Anyhow, who could even make this up?

Location hidden

#185272 Feb 14, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You did, apart from many similar comments you've made. I'm not gonna backtrack and try tofind that post, I don't archive them like you do. Anyhow, who could even make this up?
"who even made this up?" Why you did as I did not say that!!! Did you know I moved down the street from you and I am bugging your house?

Location hidden

#185273 Feb 14, 2014
Did you know at the end of the Medieval Warm period our Southwest went into a drought and the Anastasie moved away? Now that "Global Warming" is over and the Southwest is back into a drought, maybe the Californians will move away too!!!

Location hidden

#185274 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Why don't you find a similar comment I have made then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min John Galt 1,232,042
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 53,456
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 404
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,237
Dear Abby 5-22-15 4 hr tiredofit 8
Another chilly, gloomy summer predicted for Chi... 7 hr Civil Blotter XIV 1
Amy 5-22-15 7 hr Julie 8
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]