BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184607 Jan 28, 2014
"Homeland Security mandates that additional shelters be opened to provide quarters for homeless while cold snap lasts".

So a federally created behemoth that was initially a response to 9/11 and terrorist threats is now micromanaging the number of shelter beds in a community? If that doesn't scream "big government", nothing does

But of course State Legislators are too consumed with Gay marriage to worry about such matters
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184608 Jan 28, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>You can ignore, disregard and misconstrue the Constitutional requirement for and definition of "natural-born Citizen" all you want. You will never be able to change the obvious fact Kenyan-born gay Moslem Obama the Antichrist is not a natural-born citizen of any nation. BHO is a man-without-a-country and is technically an illegal-alien in our Whitehouse selected by the global-elite to cause 'craft to prosper'.
Obama was not born in Kenya. Obama was born in HAWAII, a US state, and that is why he is a natural born US Citizen because EVERY child born on US soil is a Natural Born Citizen.

The “born in Kenya” story is the height of the loony side of the birther movement. It is based on alleged birth certificates, like that of Lucas D. Smith, and falsifications–such as the claim that Obama’s Kenyan grandmother said that he was born in Kenya—when she actually said right on the same tape that he was born IN HAWAII, and she said in another interview that the first that her family in Kenya had heard of Obama’s birth was in a letter FROM HAWAII.

Lucas D. Smith claimed that he went to Kenya and got Obama’s birth certificate at a hospital in Mombasa. But Lucas D. Smith has constantly refused to show proof that he, Smith, had ever gone to Kenya. All that he would have to do would be to show a Kenya stamp on a page of a passport, but Lucas D. Smith has refused to do that, constantly, and he has also constantly refused to say why he will not show that proof.

Laying aside for a moment the overwhelming proof that Obama was born in Hawaii, the evidence that Obama was NOT born in Kenya is also very strong. There were a grand total of 21 people who came to the USA from Kenya in 1961. Of these only seven were US citizens. And the birther myth has always been that Obama’s parents went there and returned by plane, but only one person came to the USA from Kenya in hawaii obama birth notices 1961 by plane and that person was, wait for it, NOT a US citizen.

And Obama’s father did not go to Kenya in 1961 either (making it unlikely that his mother did, since travel late in pregnancy was rare, and even more rare without the husband going along). WND has proved with a FOI Act request that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961.

And the Kenyan government investigated the “born in Kenya” story, and found that it was not true.

“Jon Chessoni, a first secretary at the Kenyan Embassy in Washington, can’t understand why his office gets so many baseless questions about whether Barack Obama was born in Kenya.

“It’s madness,” said Chessoni on Monday.“His father, in 1961, would not even have been in Kenya. When this matter first came up, the Kenyan government did its research and confirmed that these are all baseless claims.””

http://washingtonindependent.com/53654/forged

“What is a natural born citizen? Clearly, someone born within the United States or one of its territories is a natural born citizen.”(Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on OCTOBER 5, 2004)--Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT).

“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005)[Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]

More reading on the subject:

http://www.fredthompsonsamerica.com/2012/07/3...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...

http://www.obamabirthbook.com/http:/www.obama...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#184609 Jan 28, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
"Homeland Security mandates that additional shelters be opened to provide quarters for homeless while cold snap lasts".
So a federally created behemoth that was initially a response to 9/11 and terrorist threats is now micromanaging the number of shelter beds in a community? If that doesn't scream "big government", nothing does
But of course State Legislators are too consumed with Gay marriage to worry about such matters
The severe cold snap that is engulfing our 2 countries, rare as it is, is as serious as 9/11 in my book and as many lives are at stake. I don't personally care who will worry about the homeless forced to live and sleep in the cold, I just care about finding them a place that will allow them to not die from the elements and I frankly don't givwe a hoot who does it, federal, state, provincial, municipal, Red Cross etc, as long as someone moves their asses,. If we, as the people and the instances that govern us cannot look after our less fortunate in such severe weather, whatever their reason for being homeless, then we should be ashamed of ourselves. If it takes homeland security and the feds to do it, then so be it. Same for us up here.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184610 Jan 28, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>The severe cold snap that is engulfing our 2 countries, rare as it is, is as serious as 9/11 in my book and as many lives are at stake. I don't personally care who will worry about the homeless forced to live and sleep in the cold, I just care about finding them a place that will allow them to not die from the elements and I frankly don't givwe a hoot who does it, federal, state, provincial, municipal, Red Cross etc, as long as someone moves their asses,. If we, as the people and the instances that govern us cannot look after our less fortunate in such severe weather, whatever their reason for being homeless, then we should be ashamed of ourselves. If it takes homeland security and the feds to do it, then so be it. Same for us up here.
An order from the Feds was neither necessary or appropriate. Our local shelters (none of which are run by the government) have been adding beds In emergencies long before 9/11 or homeland security. Why Washington thinks it can or should issue them a "mandate" is beyond me ... Or perhaps we should have the FBI order everyone to leave their faucets drip to prevent frozen pipes ..
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184611 Jan 28, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The severe cold snap that is engulfing our 2 countries, rare as it is, is as serious as 9/11 in my book and as many lives are at stake. I don't personally care who will worry about the homeless forced to live and sleep in the cold, I just care about finding them a place that will allow them to not die from the elements and I frankly don't givwe a hoot who does it, federal, state, provincial, municipal, Red Cross etc, as long as someone moves their asses,. If we, as the people and the instances that govern us cannot look after our less fortunate in such severe weather, whatever their reason for being homeless, then we should be ashamed of ourselves. If it takes homeland security and the feds to do it, then so be it. Same for us up here.
Well said. Moreover, note the reaction of the right-wing. They did not care about the suffering of hundreds of thousands of homeless people, They cared whether it was the right department to do the job. In fact, the Dept. of Homeland Security has a clear interest. Thousands of the homeless are children, and they are the USA's future soldiers and sailors and Marines and police and firefighters and doctors and nurses, etc. That says that Homeland Security has an interest, and it has the money and power to do something about it, and it did---and that is A GOOD THING.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184612 Jan 28, 2014
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Moreover, note the reaction of the right-wing. They did not care about the suffering of hundreds of thousands of homeless people, They cared whether it was the right department to do the job. In fact, the Dept. of Homeland Security has a clear interest. Thousands of the homeless are children, and they are the USA's future soldiers and sailors and Marines and police and firefighters and doctors and nurses, etc. That says that Homeland Security has an interest, and it has the money and power to do something about it, and it did---and that is A GOOD THING.
Your inability to comprehend my post is very Canadian.

Not one single homeless person received shelter that they would not have otherwise because of the HSA mandate. Why would I celebrate government waste when those same funds and efforts could be used to actually help people?

But sure - I'm a conservative so I must not care about people .... Typical bailout when you don't want to face facts
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184613 Jan 28, 2014
Re: "Why Washington thinks it can or should issue them a "mandate" is beyond me ... Or perhaps we should have the FBI order everyone to leave their faucets drip to prevent frozen pipes .. "

Answer: First, although the local shelters have been adding beds, and that is a good thing, the fact that Washington wants them to add even more in the cold is also good. Second a mandate from the Dept. of Homeland Security is not like: "You add beds or you go to jail." It's more like, "we have this money we are going to spend on the following programs in your state. IF you don't add beds, we won't spend it." And that, any rational person would realize, the Department of Homeland Security has every right to do.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184614 Jan 28, 2014
Perhaps we should have the Marines order the Catholic Church to open a soup kitchen. Sure - they already did that without being ordered and the Marines wouldn't actually help a single hungry person, but it might sound like more people care
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184615 Jan 28, 2014
Ellen1 wrote:
Re: "Why Washington thinks it can or should issue them a "mandate" is beyond me ... Or perhaps we should have the FBI order everyone to leave their faucets drip to prevent frozen pipes .. "

Answer: First, although the local shelters have been adding beds, and that is a good thing, the fact that Washington wants them to add even more in the cold is also good. Second a mandate from the Dept. of Homeland Security is not like: "You add beds or you go to jail." It's more like, "we have this money we are going to spend on the following programs in your state. IF you don't add beds, we won't spend it." And that, any rational person would realize, the Department of Homeland Security has every right to do.
HSA didn't order them to add a single bed that hadn't already been added. All they did was add paperwork. Do they have the "right" to add paperwork? Of course - that's what Government does. Do I have the right to comment
on the stupidity of it? You betcha.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184616 Jan 28, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
HSA didn't order them to add a single bed that hadn't already been added. All they did was add paperwork. Do they have the "right" to add paperwork? Of course - that's what Government does. Do I have the right to comment
on the stupidity of it? You betcha.
You have the right to claim that HSA is not requiring additional beds to those that have already been added, but you have not shown proof of it. Yes, agencies do have to do paperwork in order to get money from HSA. Is HSA supposed to give money away blindly? If the states do not want HSA money then all they have to do is not fill in the paperwork and they won't get it. That might make you feel better...
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184617 Jan 28, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
Perhaps we should have the Marines order the Catholic Church to open a soup kitchen. Sure - they already did that without being ordered and the Marines wouldn't actually help a single hungry person, but it might sound like more people care
Bad analogy. The Marines have no power (and should have no power) over the Catholic Church. HSA has the power to give money or not give it and to state the requirements for giving it---which is what it has done in the mandate to add beds.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184618 Jan 28, 2014
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have the right to claim that HSA is not requiring additional beds to those that have already been added, but you have not shown proof of it. Yes, agencies do have to do paperwork in order to get money from HSA. Is HSA supposed to give money away blindly? If the states do not want HSA money then all they have to do is not fill in the paperwork and they won't get it. That might make you feel better...
And you can claim that 5,000 beds were added that would not have been. If course you have not shown proof.

Again. The shelters are not government run yet HSA is going to withhold MY tax money from the States and Cities if the shelters don't fill out paperwork.... Sounds really stupid to me

HSA shouldn't be in the business of supervising or funding homeless shelters anymore than the Marines should be supervising Catholic soup kitchens. Or substitute HSA for Marines in my example and tell me that makes any real difference
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184619 Jan 28, 2014
Re: "Again. The shelters are not government run yet HSA is going to withhold MY tax money from the States and Cities if the shelters don't fill out paperwork.... Sounds really stupid to me."

Some shelters are not government run. Others are. And if the states and cities want the money, THEY can fill out all the forms both for the non-government centers and for the government centers. And if the states and cities DON'T want the money, they do not have to fill out the forms. IF they don't fill out the forms, the NSA will not give them the money, and so Uncle Sam would save money. What's wrong with that?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184620 Jan 28, 2014
Catholic Church:“Welcome to our soup kitchen”

HSA:“Hi – I’m from HSA and I’m here to order you to open a Soup Kitchen”

CC:“Ummm, this is a soup kitchen”

HSA:“And I’m going to need it to be open and to serve every person that walks through that door”

CC:“we are open and we do serve every person that comes in. Would you like a bowl of soup?”

HSA:“And I’m going to need you to fill out these forms in triplicate explaining how you complied with my mandate or I will recommend that your State not receive future funding”

CC:“huh?”

Press release from HSA:“Today the HSA mandated the opening of a Soup Kitchen which will serve a hot meal to all persons who walk in”

Ellen/Jacque:“Aren’t you glad HSA was there to make sure no one went hungry?”

LTR: "and exactly how did they do that?"



Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184621 Jan 28, 2014
Ellen1 wrote:
Re: "Again. The shelters are not government run yet HSA is going to withhold MY tax money from the States and Cities if the shelters don't fill out paperwork.... Sounds really stupid to me."

Some shelters are not government run. Others are. And if the states and cities want the money, THEY can fill out all the forms both for the non-government centers and for the government centers. And if the states and cities DON'T want the money, they do not have to fill out the forms. IF they don't fill out the forms, the NSA will not give them the money, and so Uncle Sam would save money. What's wrong with that?
None of the shelters in my city are government run. Why would / should HSA mandate that shelters in my city add beds - which they had already done - or withhold my tax money from my city?

And HSA sending money to City A instead of City B isn't saving money. They take in tax dollars. They distribute tax dollars. They don't save money

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#184622 Jan 28, 2014
I know you Libtards think everyone who works for Fox News is an evil Conservative but that is blatantly untrue and Greta Van Susteren is an example. I wish she would go back to CNN.

CNN Rejected Greta Van Susteren Return to Network
Media| BySara Morrisonon July 2, 2013

An insider tells TheWrap that the "On the Record" anchor only renewed her Fox News contract after CNN passed

When Greta Van Susteren told Larry King last week that their former employer, CNN, made a "stupid" decision in losing the Larry King "brand," she might've been projecting: the brand Van Susteren really thought CNN was stupid to turn down was her own.

According to an insider with knowledge of the situation, Van Susteren approached CNN chief Jeff Zucker about a possible job at her former cable network last spring. Though they met several times, CNN ultimately wasn't interested in her.

A month later, in May, Van Susteren renewed her contract with Fox News.

Van Susteren's wandering eye was first reported by Mediaite on Monday. The source said the story was "absolutely true." There have been rumblings for several months now that Fox was looking to move Kelly into Van Susteren's 10 p.m. timeslot. On Tuesday, Fox confirmed that Kelly would move to primetime but did not specify when.

Van Susteren posted on her blog on Tuesday to say that her contract with Fox News is "long term" and "it is for a show in 'prime time.'"

CNN declined to comment; Fox News and Van Susteren did not return
CNN Rejected Greta Van Susteren Return to Network

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#184623 Jan 28, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to comprehend my post is very Canadian.
Not one single homeless person received shelter that they would not have otherwise because of the HSA mandate. Why would I celebrate government waste when those same funds and efforts could be used to actually help people?
But sure - I'm a conservative so I must not care about people .... Typical bailout when you don't want to face facts
All right, I've been patient with you. I do suffer fools more than the average bear, but you've somehow surpassed all expectations. I took no shots at you, just politely disagreed. Your reply? An LRS/Dale-like ad hominem remark, to wit, "Your inability to comprehend my post is very Canadian". Although you don't think much of me,(I take it as a compliment), you brand all 34.5 million Canadians as unable to comprehend. Imagine if I branded all 315 million Americans in your image! I don't, I'm not that childish.

Conservative? Why'd you mention that? Feeling guilty? Except for my not caring where necessary aid for our fellow homeless human beings comes from, so long as it does, where and when did I mention CONservative? Feeling dépassé, dinosaur-like?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#184624 Jan 28, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
All right, I've been patient with you. I do suffer fools more than the average bear, but you've somehow surpassed all expectations. I took no shots at you, just politely disagreed. Your reply? An LRS/Dale-like ad hominem remark, to wit, "Your inability to comprehend my post is very Canadian". Although you don't think much of me,(I take it as a compliment), you brand all 34.5 million Canadians as unable to comprehend. Imagine if I branded all 315 million Americans in your image! I don't, I'm not that childish.
Conservative? Why'd you mention that? Feeling guilty? Except for my not caring where necessary aid for our fellow homeless human beings comes from, so long as it does, where and when did I mention CONservative? Feeling dépassé, dinosaur-like?
I just now noticed that your incoherent response was addressed to Ellen. I apologize to Ellen, hope she won't take offence. As to you, I shan't alter one word of the above post, as every syllable is spot on (LRS tm reg'd).. You ARE a hopeless extinct personage, a rambling no-purpose CONservative who splits hairs and "gibberishes" while the homeless freeze to death.
Learn to Read

Greenwood, IN

#184625 Jan 28, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>All right, I've been patient with you. I do suffer fools more than the average bear, but you've somehow surpassed all expectations. I took no shots at you, just politely disagreed. Your reply? An LRS/Dale-like ad hominem remark, to wit, "Your inability to comprehend my post is very Canadian". Although you don't think much of me,(I take it as a compliment), you brand all 34.5 million Canadians as unable to comprehend. Imagine if I branded all 315 million Americans in your image! I don't, I'm not that childish.

Conservative? Why'd you mention that? Feeling guilty? Except for my not caring where necessary aid for our fellow homeless human beings comes from, so long as it does, where and when did I mention CONservative? Feeling dépassé, dinosaur-like?
Ask Ellen why she led with her claim that "right winger didn't care about homeless".

I'll ignore the rest of your whining you pathetic fool
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#184626 Jan 28, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>I just now noticed that your incoherent response was addressed to Ellen. I apologize to Ellen, hope she won't take offence. As to you, I shan't alter one word of the above post, as every syllable is spot on (LRS tm reg'd).. You ARE a hopeless extinct personage, a rambling no-purpose CONservative who splits hairs and "gibberishes" while the homeless freeze to death.
More whine? Certainly more pathetic clueless rambling that I have no desire to bother with

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min No Warming 49,335
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 4 hr Reddog 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr UnderstandPeople 1,156,051
delhi female 6 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 7 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 8 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Colts' Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Bears vs. Vikings: What Experts Are Saying About Chicago
NBC Sports 6:03 AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015