BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183583 Jan 6, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your nerve asking me "Do you know what it takes to get a "commercial" pilot license?" . Mr. Hot Shot. I said they were two experienced pilots, which means they no doubt had over 200 hours. And this is a jet we are talking about here, not a single-engine Piper. Is why I questioned their landing in a strong tail wind. No one has to be a pilot to know this, get out of your cocoon. I don't know how it is in the U.S., but we have small unmanned airports in Canada that operate commercial flights. One such unmanned tower in New Brunswick was cited as the reason for a crash there. Seems to me, had there been controllers, they would've advised the pilots which runway to use and that automatically is the correct wind direction.
But you no not have to have a commercial license to fly a business jet so long as you do not use the plane commercially! All you would need is a private license.
And again, you can fly a "commercial" plan into an uncontrolled airfield but here in the U.S. if it is a "scheduled commercial flight" you must have an operating control tower ..... and a crash/fire crew too.
Now, here is the BIG problem. Yes, they have a runway, 15/33 (South and North) but do to terrain, all approaches are ONLY to Runway 15 (the South). And I bet the wind was from the North.
http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KASE...
Oh, have you ever heard of an Approach Plate?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#183584 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not need it repeated again. But I do need a link and if it is the same one you keep posting, I need how many paragraphs down from the top because I could not find it.
As far as the $15,684, I posted the link and it is there. It also had a GNP as well which they say is ONLY $16.0-67. If you can not find it on MY link, please tell me and I will count the lines down for you>
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states...
Quote:

"The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 15684.80 billion US dollars in 2012. The GDP value of the United States represents 25.30 percent of the world economy. GDP in the United States is reported by the The World Bank Group. From 1960 until 2012, the United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012 and a record low of 520.5 USD Billion in December of 1960. The gross domestic product (GDP) measures of national income and output for a given country's economy. The gross domestic product (GDP) is equal to the total expenditures for all final goods and services produced within the country in a stipulated period of time. This page contains - United States GDP - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news."
source: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states...

Location hidden

#183585 Jan 6, 2014
One of my problems is that January is my birth month and every January I had to do all my military check rides.
And then in 1980 there was Pres. Jimmy Carter to cut the military budgets to the bone. Normally ever pilot got his own set of maps, charts, approach plates, etc. but under Carter only the one set per aircraft.
The problem is is that whom ever is not flying has no idea what the pilots is suppose to be doing. And then there was the event in January 1981 and Reagan was president but we were still running off of Carters last budget.
And I was flying a combined training flight (my annual instrument check ride) and actual mission from Fort Sill, OK to Fort Hood, TX and we where half way between Fort Worth and Fort Hood when my check pilot leaned to close to the open window and our Low Altitude Enroute Chart was sucked out and that was the only one in the aircraft (thank you Jimmy F-ing Carter). So we had to explain, over the radio, to ATC we needed with directions until the approach plate could be used.
Oh, the VFR enroute charts do have some IFR info, but not all, so we could have faked it but just to be safer, we let ATC know. It is best to know than get off course and bust airspace.
Damn, you had a CW3 and CW4 pilots and you needed help because your map went out the window. Sh*t happens.
Oh, BTW, I have never been cited by ATC for any violations. NEVER!

Location hidden

#183586 Jan 6, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote : "Oh, BTW, we told the world... " Are you "we"? Please refer me to link or source for that statement. I don't recall ever hearing or reading it.
It was all over the media before both the Persian Gulf War and the Iraq War.and it scared the hell out of you Libtards. This from the New York TIMES.

THREATS AND RESPONSES: THE IRAQIS; U.S. SAYS HUSSEIN INTENSIFIES QUEST FOR A-BOMB PARTS
By MICHAEL R. GORDON and JUDITH MILLER
Published: September 08, 2002

Administration officials also assert that the acquisition of nuclear arms might embolden Mr. Hussein and increase the chances that he might use chemical or biological weapons. The officials contend that Mr. Hussein refrained from using chemical and germ weapons during the 1991 Persian Gulf war because he feared a devastating retaliatory[nuclear] blow from the United States and that he might now conclude that the Americans would not dare strike him if he had nuclear weapons.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/08/world/threa...

Location hidden

#183587 Jan 6, 2014
I guess this Canadian has a bad case of cabin fever.

Boiling water & water gun in extreme cold (Northern Ontario)
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#183588 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
One of my problems is that January is my birth month ....!
Talk about one really long list!

Location hidden

#183589 Jan 6, 2014
Now for water to freeze you must have a catalyst. It could be a piece of dust in a cloud or the wing of a plane flying through a sub-freezing cloud. Most lexan bottles have no faults inside to start the crystals to form. But if you shake it and cause an ai bubble to start the agitation, it can freeze almost instantaneously. Just ask the Science Guy!.

Water goes from liquid to solid, freezes Instantly!

Oh, I only got into rime icing while flying once and it was during on of my typical January birth month check rides and I wowed my check pilot. I could get into the details but it would bore you but some times you have to climb UP out of it and then do a fast approach through it to be safe. And you have to do it BEFORE the aircraft gets really iced up as the aircraft not only can gain a lot of weight but it will disturb the lifting ability of the wings (or rotor blades).
Colgan Air Flight 3407 disaster was a rime ice accident but if the pilots realized what was happening and climbed above it while they still had enough power, the accident may not have happened. Sad, very sad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colgan_Air_Fligh...

Location hidden

#183590 Jan 6, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about one really long list!
Well, you have three check rides. First one is a "contact" ride which is basically emergency procedures. Then there is a "TAC" ride which is a tactile check ride somewhat if you are in combat. And then there is the Instrument check ride which is done under instrument conditions as if you are flying in the clouds.
Now as a civilian private pilot I only have to have one bi-annual check ride (every two years) and it is an instrument check ride (in the clouds). But I can still fly VFR without a current bi-annual.
My problem this year is that I have to take a FAA Class-III physical exam and my doctor retired last month. He charged me $175 two years ago and if I do not get that done I will be grounded at the end of this month so I am trying to find a FAA cert. doctor to do it. So far I have found two and both want to charge me $250. If I can't find one cheaper, I will have to pay their rate. And that is not covered under any health insurance plan.
Then in September I have have to get my plane inspected and that is another $2,200. Then $300 a month for my hanger fees, AvGas about $6 a gallon at about 15 mpg as the crow flies (air miles are shorter usually than driving) so that is like 18 mpg in a large SUV. My Honda Ridgeline gets about 18 mpg average but I like to drive my CR-V on car trips and it averages about 28 mpg..

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#183591 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was all over the media before both the Persian Gulf War and the Iraq War.and it scared the hell out of you Libtards. This from the New York TIMES.
THREATS AND RESPONSES: THE IRAQIS; U.S. SAYS HUSSEIN INTENSIFIES QUEST FOR A-BOMB PARTS
By MICHAEL R. GORDON and JUDITH MILLER
Published: September 08, 2002
Administration officials also assert that the acquisition of nuclear arms might embolden Mr. Hussein and increase the chances that he might use chemical or biological weapons. The officials contend that Mr. Hussein refrained from using chemical and germ weapons during the 1991 Persian Gulf war because he feared a devastating retaliatory[nuclear] blow from the United States and that he might now conclude that the Americans would not dare strike him if he had nuclear weapons.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/08/world/threa...
There is no U.S. threat of nuclear reaction to WMDs in all of the above. Just maybe the Iraqis were scared they'd be used, but no threat. Why do you come up with such incorrect bravado?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#183592 Jan 6, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>If we the people are behind a decent living wage and it is enacted into law, it is we the people who will have decided through a government of the people. Now why should the people decide?
What you mean is "we the mob". And because your mob decides that its ok to take from others because you all decided that, that somehow that makes it morally justifiable. That isn't even close to how our system of government and economics is supposed to function, but that doesn't matter to you. As long as its your mob doing the taking and redistributing, everything is cool in your mind. Just wait for the day when your mob, just like Hitlers, Stalins and Mao's decides that its peoples life they decide they want to take. As long as its not yours or your kids, you'll be one of those that just looks the other way. People deserve what they are willing to earn Wojar. If they are not willing to do that, they will get what they get and should not be entitled to anything.
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183593 Jan 6, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
What you mean is "we the mob". And because your mob decides that its ok to take from others because you all decided that, that somehow that makes it morally justifiable. That isn't even close to how our system of government and economics is supposed to function, but that doesn't matter to you. As long as its your mob doing the taking and redistributing, everything is cool in your mind. Just wait for the day when your mob, just like Hitlers, Stalins and Mao's decides that its peoples life they decide they want to take. As long as its not yours or your kids, you'll be one of those that just looks the other way. People deserve what they are willing to earn Wojar. If they are not willing to do that, they will get what they get and should not be entitled to anything.
We the people will determine the ground rules for our society. If you have a problem with that, it's your problem.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>If we the people are behind a decent living wage and it is enacted into law, it is we the people who will have decided through a government of the people. Now why should the people decide?
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183594 Jan 6, 2014
Our system of government does not prohibit legislation for decent living wages.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#183595 Jan 6, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
We the people will determine the ground rules for our society. If you have a problem with that, it's your problem.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Dumb ass, the ground rules have already been established, they are called the US Constitution.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#183596 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
CRIMINAL CHARGES!!!! WHAT criminal charges do you have against Bush and Cheney?
Let's see, well there's Treason for starters. Aiding and abetting the 9/11 attacks on the WTC buildings, the Pentagon and Conspiracy. Then there's the whole election-fraud and vote-tampering, etc.
www.wtc7.net
www.911truth.org
www.AE911truth.org
Kenyan-born gay Moslem Obama is the Antichrist.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#183597 Jan 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Dumb ass, the ground rules have already been established, they are called the US Constitution.
We the People also have a Congress, and last time I checked, they occasionally enact laws, and sometimes even draft Constitutional amendments that become law.

Didn't Dale ever learn that in Play Law 101?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale

Wichita, KS

#183598 Jan 6, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
We the People also have a Congress, and last time I checked, they occasionally enact laws, and sometimes even draft Constitutional amendments that become law.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Do you really think a bill for $15.00 hr. minimum wage would pass the house??? Hahahaha!!!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#183599 Jan 6, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! If you want $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers, move to Minot, ND!!!!
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183600 Jan 6, 2014
Back in the 80s the nutballs were convinced Gorby was "the antichrist".
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183601 Jan 6, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court held that the federal minimum wage is constitutional and does not exceed the scope of the Commerce Clause in U.S. v. Darby Lumber Co., 312 U.S. 100 (1941).[3]
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183602 Jan 6, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! If you want $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers, move to Minot, ND!!!!
It's not for me personally that I believe in a society that values the labor of its members or the need for just wages for all who work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,110,907
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Earthling-1 46,710
Amy 9-20 57 min edogxxx 2
Abby 9-20 1 hr Pippa 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,233
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 2 hr mikayla tisdale 3,784
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr andet1987 4,719
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••