BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 216546 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#183568 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I do not see that quote anywhere in YOUR link! Tell me, which paragraph is it in!.
It is in the middle of the report:

Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment decreased 1.5 percent in the third quarter, compared with a decrease of 1.6 percent in the second. National defense decreased 0.5 percent, compared with a decrease of 0.6 percent. Nondefense decreased 3.1 percent, the same decrease as in the second quarter. Real state and local government consumption expenditures and gross investment increased 1.7 percent, compared with an increase of 0.4 percent.

The change in real private inventories added 1.67 percentage points to the third-quarter change in real GDP, after adding 0.41 percentage point to the second-quarter change. Private businesses increased inventories $115.7 billion in the third quarter, following increases of $56.6 billion in the second quarter and $42.2 billion in the first.

Real final sales of domestic product -- GDP less change in private inventories -- increased 2.5
percent in the third quarter, compared with an increase of 2.1 percent in the second.
Gross domestic purchases Real gross domestic purchases -- purchases by U.S. residents of goods and services wherever produced -- increased 3.9 percent in the third quarter, compared with an increase of 2.5 percent in the second.

Gross national product
Real gross national product -- the goods and services produced by the labor and property
supplied by U.S. residents -- increased 4.4 percent in the third quarter, compared with an increase of 2.7 percent in the second. GNP includes, and GDP excludes, net receipts of income from the rest of the world, which increased $12.7 billion in the third quarter after increasing $7.7 billion in the second; in the third quarter, receipts increased $1.0 billion, and payments decreased $11.7 billion.

Current-dollar GDP
Current-dollar GDP -- the market value of the nation's output of goods and services -- increased 6.2 percent, or $251.9 billion, in the third quarter to a level of $16,912.9 billion. In the second quarter, current-dollar GDP increased 3.1 percent, or $125.7 billion.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

#183569 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The correct answer for
1. is "e" None of the above as the GDP for the entire 2013 is $15.684 Trillion
2. a. true but the 2013 GDP is neither
3.a, true.
Now, I have a question for you.
What is the GDP for the United States for the entire 2013/
a.$16.9 Trillion (or $16.912.9 Trillion)
b.$15.684 Trillion
Plea show LINK!!!!
As of today, there is no information as to the GDP for the ENTIRE YEAR OF 2013.
Why? Because the numbers for the FOURTH QUARTER OF 2013 are not available.
The GDP at the END OF THE THIRD QUARTER (September 30, 2013) was at
16.900 Billion or 16.9 Trillion.

The 15.684 Trillion number you have been regurgitating ad nauseam is for 2012 by your own cited source. I will AGAIN REPEAT the applicable section of the cited source:

""The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 15684.80 billion US dollars in 2012. The GDP value of the United States represents 25.30 percent of the world economy. GDP in the United States is reported by the The World Bank Group. From 1960 until 2012, the United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012 "

Repeat "United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012"

Repeat again "United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012"

Do I need to repeat again???????
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#183570 Jan 6, 2014
Hi Jacques, Happy New Year. I hope your keeping warm up there in north country. Lord knows we sure could use some of that global warming down here. So the new year brings new themes that the democrats are going to try and score with and I was curious about what your thoughts were on them. What exactly should be the minimum wage for every entry level employee, and why is it that government should decide that? Should government also decide what a maximum wage should be, and how would that be determined? How many months or years of unemployment should be paid to someone who has lost their job and who should get the bill for that? At what point in time does it become welfare? And finally, and this one is my favorite, the democrats believe there should be a "mincome" established where every adult of working age gets paid a minimum income for doing absolutely nothing. What should that income be, how often should they get a raise, and should they have any obligation to society for receiving it? Do you think that all of these things are really a positive and productive contribution to a free society and how do they get paid for without rampant wealth creation from capitalism?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183571 Jan 6, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fringe internet! Figures. It's where the low classes get the hoped-for gory news, along with Wnd.com . globe.com , Washington Star.com , westernjournalism.com , foxnews.com , Nationalenquirer.com etc.. Uncle was killed, we all know that , and you're wrong - again - the N.Koreans TRUMPETED, HERALDED his execution, they WANTED the world to know. What's wrong with you?
Fox News is fringe internet? And some of the lefty sources are even more whacky that you claim ours are.
Yes, they did herald their executions but maybe they took some heat and thought twice about releasing information on the cagogi banquet.

Location hidden

#183572 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
That was a Bombardier Challenger business jet, model 600, I believe. Who lands with such a strong tail wind? I mean, two certified pilots in the cockpit - what the hell are they thinking? And the tower, it must've known they had a tail wind, no? Unless it's a 100% automated airport and no on in the tower. More and more of those..
Do you know what it takes to get a "commercial" pilot license? Two hundred flight hours and ten hours in a "complex" aircraft! Now, any idea what a "complex aircraft is? 200 or more hp, constant=speed propeller and retractable landing gear! And that is what a Piper Cherokee is!!!
Oh, for aircraft over 12,500 lbs you also need a "type" rating. And "control tower"? Yes, to have "scheduled air carriers you must have an operation control tower and a crash/fire crew.
But all a control tower can do is tell you when the runway is clear and then advise you, and nothing more!!!
Now I also post a Cessna II (525A) running off the runway of the OLD Atlantic City Airport. The plane needs at least 3,000 foot of runway and the idiot tried to land DOWN WIND on a 2,400 runway? Yes, there are more than enough idiots flying planes out there. Even ones with commercial licenses.
But by the time you get hired by a Big Airline, you have been checked out pretty well.

Location hidden

#183573 Jan 6, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
The 15.684 Trillion number you have been regurgitating ad nauseam is for 2012 by your own cited source. I will AGAIN REPEAT the applicable section of the cited source:
""The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 15684.80 billion US dollars in 2012. The GDP value of the United States represents 25.30 percent of the world economy. GDP in the United States is reported by the The World Bank Group. From 1960 until 2012, the United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012 "
Repeat "United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012"
Repeat again "United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012"
No, I do not need it repeated again. But I do need a link and if it is the same one you keep posting, I need how many paragraphs down from the top because I could not find it.
As far as the $15,684, I posted the link and it is there. It also had a GNP as well which they say is ONLY $16.0-67. If you can not find it on MY link, please tell me and I will count the lines down for you>
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#183574 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm afraid so.

Ottawa

#183575 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News is fringe internet? And some of the lefty sources are even more whacky that you claim ours are.
Yes, they did herald their executions but maybe they took some heat and thought twice about releasing information on the cagogi banquet.
Well, it so happens that fringe internet is as reliable as Foxnews.com and vice-versa.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#183576 Jan 6, 2014
Jacques
It's not a very good day to fly the friendly skies. Most likely due to the cold winter weather. O'Hare airport has been canceling flights all day long.

I just had a delicious cup of hot cocoa. Trader Joe's cocoa.
Maybe I will delve into the archives and post something real juicy

Ottawa

#183577 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what it takes to get a "commercial" pilot license? Two hundred flight hours and ten hours in a "complex" aircraft! Now, any idea what a "complex aircraft is? 200 or more hp, constant=speed propeller and retractable landing gear! And that is what a Piper Cherokee is!!!
Oh, for aircraft over 12,500 lbs you also need a "type" rating. And "control tower"? Yes, to have "scheduled air carriers you must have an operation control tower and a crash/fire crew.
But all a control tower can do is tell you when the runway is clear and then advise you, and nothing more!!!
Now I also post a Cessna II (525A) running off the runway of the OLD Atlantic City Airport. The plane needs at least 3,000 foot of runway and the idiot tried to land DOWN WIND on a 2,400 runway? Yes, there are more than enough idiots flying planes out there. Even ones with commercial licenses.
But by the time you get hired by a Big Airline, you have been checked out pretty well.
You have your nerve asking me "Do you know what it takes to get a "commercial" pilot license?" . Mr. Hot Shot. I said they were two experienced pilots, which means they no doubt had over 200 hours. And this is a jet we are talking about here, not a single-engine Piper. Is why I questioned their landing in a strong tail wind. No one has to be a pilot to know this, get out of your cocoon. I don't know how it is in the U.S., but we have small unmanned airports in Canada that operate commercial flights. One such unmanned tower in New Brunswick was cited as the reason for a crash there. Seems to me, had there been controllers, they would've advised the pilots which runway to use and that automatically is the correct wind direction.

Location hidden

#183578 Jan 6, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
Hi Jacques, Happy New Year. I hope your keeping warm up there in north country. Lord knows we sure could use some of that global warming down here. So the new year brings new themes that the democrats are going to try and score with and I was curious about what your thoughts were on them. What exactly should be the minimum wage for every entry level employee, and why is it that government should decide that? Should government also decide what a maximum wage should be, and how would that be determined? How many months or years of unemployment should be paid to someone who has lost their job and who should get the bill for that? At what point in time does it become welfare? And finally, and this one is my favorite, the democrats believe there should be a "mincome" established where every adult of working age gets paid a minimum income for doing absolutely nothing. What should that income be, how often should they get a raise, and should they have any obligation to society for receiving it? Do you think that all of these things are really a positive and productive contribution to a free society and how do they get paid for without rampant wealth creation from capitalism?
Do you know,as I type, Atlanta, GA is colder (18F) than Montreal, CN (24F)!!! And that is No Sh*t too!
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#183579 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
You have your nerve asking me "Do you know what it takes to get a "commercial" pilot license?" . Mr. Hot Shot. I said they were two experienced pilots, which means they no doubt had over 200 hours. And this is a jet we are talking about here, not a single-engine Piper. Is why I questioned their landing in a strong tail wind. No one has to be a pilot to know this, get out of your cocoon. I don't know how it is in the U.S., but we have small unmanned airports in Canada that operate commercial flights. One such unmanned tower in New Brunswick was cited as the reason for a crash there. Seems to me, had there been controllers, they would've advised the pilots which runway to use and that automatically is the correct wind direction.
Manned or not, and don't get me wrong, I am by no means an aviation expert like you and Rogue, but doesn't every single airport have a bright orange sock signaling wind direction for visual landings, since not all pilots are instrument rated?
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183580 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
I will type the quote from the Department of Commercie real S-L-O-W this time for those are comprehension challenged:
"Current-dollar GDP -- the market value of the nation's output of goods and services -- increased 6.2 percent, or $251.9 billion, in the third quarter to a level of $16,912.9 billion. In the second quarter, current-dollar GDP increased 3.1 percent, or $125.7 billion."
source: Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis report of December 20, 2013
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/...
Follow up questions to the above quote:
1. What was the GDP in the 3rd Quarter?
a.$16,912
b.$169,129
c.$ 16 Billion
d. 16,912.9 Billion
2. 16,912.9 Billion is the same as 16.912.9 Trillion?
a. True
b. False
3. 1000 Billion dollars is 1 Trillion Dollars
a. true
b. false
After Rouge complained again I did a Google search. Search terms US GDP 2013

and this was near the top.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/...

Rouge is a helpless fool. The joke is that he believes his inability to do a simple search is evidence that it (object of search) doesn't exist.

Kennedy said "Ask not what your country ...."

Rouge: Where's the link?
wojar

Bristol, CT

#183581 Jan 6, 2014
Obskeptic wrote:
If we the people are behind a decent living wage and it is enacted into law, it is we the people who will have decided through a government of the people. Now why should the people decide?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#183582 Jan 6, 2014
Pissed Off wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe someone should do a citizen's arrest on the usurper so called president, that is now trashing the country, let alone the white house.
Maybe someone should get a clue

Location hidden

#183583 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
But you no not have to have a commercial license to fly a business jet so long as you do not use the plane commercially! All you would need is a private license.
And again, you can fly a "commercial" plan into an uncontrolled airfield but here in the U.S. if it is a "scheduled commercial flight" you must have an operating control tower ..... and a crash/fire crew too.
Now, here is the BIG problem. Yes, they have a runway, 15/33 (South and North) but do to terrain, all approaches are ONLY to Runway 15 (the South). And I bet the wind was from the North.
http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KASE...
Oh, have you ever heard of an Approach Plate?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

#183584 Jan 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not need it repeated again. But I do need a link and if it is the same one you keep posting, I need how many paragraphs down from the top because I could not find it.
As far as the $15,684, I posted the link and it is there. It also had a GNP as well which they say is ONLY $16.0-67. If you can not find it on MY link, please tell me and I will count the lines down for you>
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states...
Quote:

"The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 15684.80 billion US dollars in 2012. The GDP value of the United States represents 25.30 percent of the world economy. GDP in the United States is reported by the The World Bank Group. From 1960 until 2012, the United States GDP averaged 5725.9 USD Billion reaching an all time high of 15684.8 USD Billion in December of 2012 and a record low of 520.5 USD Billion in December of 1960. The gross domestic product (GDP) measures of national income and output for a given country's economy. The gross domestic product (GDP) is equal to the total expenditures for all final goods and services produced within the country in a stipulated period of time. This page contains - United States GDP - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news."
source: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states...

Location hidden

#183585 Jan 6, 2014
One of my problems is that January is my birth month and every January I had to do all my military check rides.
And then in 1980 there was Pres. Jimmy Carter to cut the military budgets to the bone. Normally ever pilot got his own set of maps, charts, approach plates, etc. but under Carter only the one set per aircraft.
The problem is is that whom ever is not flying has no idea what the pilots is suppose to be doing. And then there was the event in January 1981 and Reagan was president but we were still running off of Carters last budget.
And I was flying a combined training flight (my annual instrument check ride) and actual mission from Fort Sill, OK to Fort Hood, TX and we where half way between Fort Worth and Fort Hood when my check pilot leaned to close to the open window and our Low Altitude Enroute Chart was sucked out and that was the only one in the aircraft (thank you Jimmy F-ing Carter). So we had to explain, over the radio, to ATC we needed with directions until the approach plate could be used.
Oh, the VFR enroute charts do have some IFR info, but not all, so we could have faked it but just to be safer, we let ATC know. It is best to know than get off course and bust airspace.
Damn, you had a CW3 and CW4 pilots and you needed help because your map went out the window. Sh*t happens.
Oh, BTW, I have never been cited by ATC for any violations. NEVER!

Location hidden

#183586 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
You wrote : "Oh, BTW, we told the world... " Are you "we"? Please refer me to link or source for that statement. I don't recall ever hearing or reading it.
It was all over the media before both the Persian Gulf War and the Iraq War.and it scared the hell out of you Libtards. This from the New York TIMES.

THREATS AND RESPONSES: THE IRAQIS; U.S. SAYS HUSSEIN INTENSIFIES QUEST FOR A-BOMB PARTS
By MICHAEL R. GORDON and JUDITH MILLER
Published: September 08, 2002

Administration officials also assert that the acquisition of nuclear arms might embolden Mr. Hussein and increase the chances that he might use chemical or biological weapons. The officials contend that Mr. Hussein refrained from using chemical and germ weapons during the 1991 Persian Gulf war because he feared a devastating retaliatory[nuclear] blow from the United States and that he might now conclude that the Americans would not dare strike him if he had nuclear weapons.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/08/world/threa...

Location hidden

#183587 Jan 6, 2014
I guess this Canadian has a bad case of cabin fever.

Boiling water & water gun in extreme cold (Northern Ontario)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 44 min GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 46 min Retired SOF 2,130
Word (Dec '08) 47 min GEORGIA 6,401
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min GEORGIA 8,844
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 1 hr WasteWater 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr An NFL Fan 1,394,703
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,107
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance