BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 214470 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#182438 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh, Justice, Justice. Remember how you decided to play that little game? Yes, the correction game? Well, here's another gem of yours :
You wrote,(above) "The one line wonder". Sorry, another error.
Listen to the teacher now, clunkhead.
It's okay to write : "he had one line" ;
It's NOT ok to write : "the one line wonder" ;
You must write : "The one-line wonder " HYPHEN, basket head, HYPHEN
Are you sure you want to continue your little game?
Another 'English' teacher in posting, I wonder if 'Ol 'Jock ques' is taking lessons from Leo?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#182439 Dec 18, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Another 'English' teacher in posting, I wonder if 'Ol 'Jock ques' is taking lessons from Leo?
Teacher ? Hardly. If you had followed this thread just a bit, you'd know I never, ever correct anyone. Not even the most flagrant errors as I believe that content is what counts. But, when a zero like LRS who DARES to add Justice to his name mostly corrects my typos, then yes, I correct his errors. Cripes, I don't even have to mind his typos, he makes enough grammatical, spelling and errors of punctuation naturally.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#182440 Dec 18, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I'm not going to infringe on anyone's freedom of speech.
If people want to lower their standards by hurling personal insult after insult, then that's up to them.
Anyway, one of the headlines for today is that there is an international bruhaha erupting over the strip search of an Indian diplomate by the NYPD, despite her incessant claims of immunity.
It is incidents such as this which leave me with little respect for law inforcement officials.
"there is an international bruhaha erupting over the strip search of an Indian diplomate" you wrote.

Depends on the circumstances. Also, it's clear that if this diplomat is not accredited to the United States, then border agents can lawfullty search her belongings, though a strip search seems a bit farfetched to me...unless they were tipped off. Were she accredited to the U.S., they can't search her, Vienna convention oblige and I can understand the int'l brouhaha. Smells of racial profiling.

Indeed, a diplomat from any country accredited to the U.S. CANNOT be searched at any border crossing, land, sea or air or anywhere else on the territory of his/her accreditation. His/her house and car are inviolable, no cop can enter. Only two recourses against a diplomat is declaration of persona non grata against him/her or abandonment of diplomatic status by envoy's country. This can occur in civil cases and very very rarely in cases of criminal misconduct.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#182441 Dec 18, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
You don't see me using crass or vulgar language here or anywhere else.
It is beneath me.
But yeah, the word 'teabagger' has gross connotations and should not be used in polite company.
I just looked up the meaning of "teabagger". Gross. I didn't know , as I thought it referred to a tea party adherent. It doesn't apply in my case, I have never used it. Not even once, I use "tea partyer". Don't tell me "tea partyer" is also offensive.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#182442 Dec 18, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
Bad news Birfoons. Another rejection of play law. The Judge described Dufus' fables as
"fanciful, fantastic, delusional, irrational and baseless"
Just another day it must really suck to be a Birfoon
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case...
To paraphase Mark Twain:

God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the Birther.
Learn to Read

United States

#182443 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>Teacher ? Hardly. If you had followed this thread just a bit, you'd know I never, ever correct anyone. Not even the most flagrant errors as I believe that content is what counts. But, when a zero like LRS who DARES to add Justice to his name mostly corrects my typos, then yes, I correct his errors. Cripes, I don't even have to mind his typos, he makes enough grammatical, spelling and errors of punctuation naturally.
You really need to post a warning before you make such claims. I was taking a sip of coffee as I saw this and almost ruined my phone.

Thanks for the laugh - although I suspect you didn't intend for me to find your claim so comical

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#182444 Dec 18, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to post a warning before you make such claims. I was taking a sip of coffee as I saw this and almost ruined my phone.
Thanks for the laugh - although I suspect you didn't intend for me to find your claim so comical
You do carry your name well. "Learn to read" is indeed apt. I don't correct unless they correct me. This happened between you and me quite a while ago. You initiated it. I responded then unilaterally stopped the practice.
Learn to Read

West Chicago, IL

#182445 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>You do carry your name well. "Learn to read" is indeed apt. I don't correct unless they correct me. This happened between you and me quite a while ago. You initiated it. I responded then unilaterally stopped the practice.
Your memory is quite selective. I corrected your "facts". You obsessed over my typing.

Blather on fool. Blather on
Learn to Read

West Chicago, IL

#182446 Dec 18, 2013
Or perhaps this was another "exchange" that you imagined
Dale

United States

#182448 Dec 18, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who are being nasty to the US-born children of foreigners. These people have proved that they were just as loyal to the USA as the US-born children of US citizens in TWO WORLD WARS.
You cannot read into the US Constitution something that it does not say. And it does NOT say that two US citizen parents are required to be president. Nor does it say that a dual citizens are excluded from being president. And Bingham and Trumbull, who were key writers of the 14th Amendment, said that EVERY child born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen.
Under strict construction (remember that?) you cannot interpret the Constitution as saying something unless it actually does says it-----and it does NOT say that two citizen parents are required or that a dual citizen is barred from becoming president. It does not say either of those things.
Under libertarian principles neither a law nor the Constitution can take away a right or a privilege unless the Constitution specifically allows that thing to be taken away. And, the Constitution does not specifically take away the right or privilege of the US-born children of foreigners to become president, and it does not take away the right or privilege of the US-born dual citizens either. It does not take away either of those things. It does not SAY any such thing.
And yet slimy Dale wants gullible people to ignore good conservative legal principles such as strict construction and good conservative moral principles such as libertarianism. Why?
The Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." And there is nothing in either the Constitution or in ANY of the writings of the men who were in the Constitutional Convention, or such other American leaders at the time as John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. There NOTHING in any of their writings that says that the US-born children of foreigners are not as eligible as the US-born children of US citizens. Nothing. But slimy Dale would like to throw out that principle too.
There is NOTHING in the US Constitution or in the writings of any of the framers that says that the US-born children of US citizens are any better than the US-born children of foreigners. NOTHING.
And yet slimy Dale thinks that he can convince a few gullible people that the writers of the US Constitution (who never said any such thing) really believed that the US-born children of foreigners (such as perhaps your father or grandfather) are really not as good citizens as the US-born children of US-citizens.
Well, do you think that you are any better a US citizen than your father or grandfather? Do you think that George Washington, who never said any such thing, thought that your US-born ancestors who had foreign parents should be lower-level citizens than the children of US parents at the time? Why does slimy Dale want you to think that George Washington, who was not afraid of much, or Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton, or the others, were afraid of US-born children of foreigners----such as your ancestors?
IF the writers of the Constitution had been afraid of the US-born children of foreigners, they would have said so, but they never said so. Why does slimy Dale want to throw out strict construction judicial interpretation AND libertarian principles, and ALSO throw out "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"? Why? Why SLIMY Dale? Why?
NASTY!!! Why are naturalized citizens not eligible to be President, this requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence.
Now what is a dual-citizen, it is one with a citizenship of two or more nations, now wouldn't this set the stage for foreign influence?
See, I have got you on two counts of foreign influence, one being that Obama is an alien, the other a dual-citizenship, which would indicate foreign influence in either case.
Dale

United States

#182449 Dec 18, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who are being nasty to the US-born children of foreigners. These people have proved that they were just as loyal to the USA as the US-born children of US citizens in TWO WORLD WARS.
You cannot read into the US Constitution something that it does not say. And it does NOT say that two US citizen parents are required to be president. Nor does it say that a dual citizens are excluded from being president. And Bingham and Trumbull, who were key writers of the 14th Amendment, said that EVERY child born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen.
Under strict construction (remember that?) you cannot interpret the Constitution as saying something unless it actually does says it-----and it does NOT say that two citizen parents are required or that a dual citizen is barred from becoming president. It does not say either of those things.
Under libertarian principles neither a law nor the Constitution can take away a right or a privilege unless the Constitution specifically allows that thing to be taken away. And, the Constitution does not specifically take away the right or privilege of the US-born children of foreigners to become president, and it does not take away the right or privilege of the US-born dual citizens either. It does not take away either of those things. It does not SAY any such thing.
And yet slimy Dale wants gullible people to ignore good conservative legal principles such as strict construction and good conservative moral principles such as libertarianism. Why?
The Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." And there is nothing in either the Constitution or in ANY of the writings of the men who were in the Constitutional Convention, or such other American leaders at the time as John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. There NOTHING in any of their writings that says that the US-born children of foreigners are not as eligible as the US-born children of US citizens. Nothing. But slimy Dale would like to throw out that principle too.
There is NOTHING in the US Constitution or in the writings of any of the framers that says that the US-born children of US citizens are any better than the US-born children of foreigners. NOTHING.
And yet slimy Dale thinks that he can convince a few gullible people that the writers of the US Constitution (who never said any such thing) really believed that the US-born children of foreigners (such as perhaps your father or grandfather) are really not as good citizens as the US-born children of US-citizens.
Well, do you think that you are any better a US citizen than your father or grandfather? Do you think that George Washington, who never said any such thing, thought that your US-born ancestors who had foreign parents should be lower-level citizens than the children of US parents at the time? Why does slimy Dale want you to think that George Washington, who was not afraid of much, or Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton, or the others, were afraid of US-born children of foreigners----such as your ancestors?
IF the writers of the Constitution had been afraid of the US-born children of foreigners, they would have said so, but they never said so. Why does slimy Dale want to throw out strict construction judicial interpretation AND libertarian principles, and ALSO throw out "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"? Why? Why SLIMY Dale? Why?
NASTY!!! Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one quarter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils. How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union?(Federalist Papers #68, para. 5)

Vetting??
Dale

United States

#182450 Dec 18, 2013
Climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud, says lying was a 'rush'

John Beale, a former top EPA official, is expected to be sentenced in federal court Wednesday, accused of defrauding taxpayers of nearly $900,000 after claiming he was an undercover CIA agent. NBC's Michael Isikoff reports.

By Michael Isikoff
NBC News National Investigative Correspondent

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying to his bosses and saying he was a CIA spy working in Pakistan so he could avoid doing his real job.
__________

LMAO!!! What else has this "Climate Change Expert" been lying about???
Citizen org

Oakdale, NY

#182451 Dec 18, 2013
I call them Tea Bags

==========

GOP freshmen, big-bucks donors hobnob at resort
Tea Bags Sold Out To Wall Street
March 16, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/85yw3o9
In 2010, many freshmen Republicans were swept into Congress on the promise of doing things differently.
But fast-forward to 2012, and the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, Fla.-- an exclusive seaside resort and home to 54 holes of championship golf and a private marina full of luxury yachts.
"Book your Key Largo getaway now," reads the invitation, obtained by CBS News. The hosts are veteran congressmen Spencer Bachus, of Alabama, Pete Sessions, of Texas, "and 12 of your favorite Republican freshmen!"
The 12: Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
Congressmen Canseco and Gardner were seen on camera heading in to host happy hour. To get in, donors had to pay at least $10,000.
During his campaign, Gardner promised average voters would inspire his actions. One ad said, "I will always put Colorado families before the Washington special interests."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-573986...

----------

'Tea party' freshmen embrace status quo
After campaigning against D.C.'s ways, new Republican lawmakers quickly turn to lobbyists and fundraisers./ January 4, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/38upxtx
Reporting from Washington —?The new class of Republican lawmakers who charged into office promising to shun the ways of Washington officially arrives on Capitol Hill on Wednesday.?But even as they publicly bash the capital's culture, many have quietly begun to embrace it.
Several freshmen have hired lobbyists — the ultimate Washington insiders — to lead their congressional staffs. In the weeks leading up to Wednesday's swearing-in, dozens of the newcomers joined other lawmakers in turning to lobbyists for campaign cash.? And on Wednesday, congressional offices will be packed with lawmakers' relatives, friends, constituents and lobbyists, all invited to celebrate the new Congress.?
This picture of business-as-usual Washington clashes with the campaign rhetoric of many newcomers, some who were propelled by support from the anti-Washington "tea party" movement. It also muddles the image House Republicans hoped to project as they took the helm this week. In contrast to the public celebration thrown by Democrat Nancy Pelosi when she became speaker four years ago, incoming House Speaker John A. Boehner has tried to strike a subdued and earnest note as he takes up the gavel.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan/04/natio...
Grand Birther

Painesville, OH

#182452 Dec 18, 2013
Lol, birfoons.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#182453 Dec 18, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>NASTY!!! Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one quarter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils. How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union?(Federalist Papers #68, para. 5)
Vetting??
Thanks Dale. A 'natural-born' citizen is still one born on U.S. soil to parents who are BOTH Americans at the time.
BHO is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mandela, and Charles Manson put together. Obama's momma was a porn-star and his nanny was a tranny. His real father was registered commie/pedophile Frank Marshall Davis and his HS Senior prom date was a call-girl named Megan Hughes. The man was trained in Russia and is using a stolen Social Security number and forged Birth Certificate. Obama is the son-of-perdition/man-of-lawles sness foretold in the Bible. Obviously the Rapture is imminent.
Grand Birther

Painesville, OH

#182454 Dec 18, 2013
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Dale. A 'natural-born' citizen is still one born on U.S. soil to parents who are BOTH Americans at the time.
BHO is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mandela, and Charles Manson put together. Obama's momma was a porn-star and his nanny was a tranny. His real father was registered commie/pedophile Frank Marshall Davis and his HS Senior prom date was a call-girl named Megan Hughes. The man was trained in Russia and is using a stolen Social Security number and forged Birth Certificate. Obama is the son-of-perdition/man-of-lawles sness foretold in the Bible. Obviously the Rapture is imminent.
Lol.
Dale

United States

#182455 Dec 18, 2013
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Dale. A 'natural-born' citizen is still one born on U.S. soil to parents who are BOTH Americans at the time.
BHO is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mandela, and Charles Manson put together. Obama's momma was a porn-star and his nanny was a tranny. His real father was registered commie/pedophile Frank Marshall Davis and his HS Senior prom date was a call-girl named Megan Hughes. The man was trained in Russia and is using a stolen Social Security number and forged Birth Certificate. Obama is the son-of-perdition/man-of-lawles sness foretold in the Bible. Obviously the Rapture is imminent.
Yep, a Natural Born Citizen is one that is born in the US and not subject to any foreign nation, this would leave Obama out, since he was born a citizen of his father's country.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#182456 Dec 18, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh ......either your halucinating or you have me confused with someone else.
But any candy assed tea bagging blo-hard that wants to attempt to teach me a lesson is welcome to try.
Dude.being a lefty in Idaho Pacificism isnt a luxury you can afford trust me.
I dont have or need a Black Belt. LMAO!
Whoa! Is the spudstud attempting to show his sprouts? LMAO! Sit down lil one! I'll tie your butt in a knot and walk off and leave you. So, put your sprouts up, spudstud! LMAO!
The Honorable Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#182457 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher ? Hardly. If you had followed this thread just a bit, you'd know I never, ever correct anyone. Not even the most flagrant errors as I believe that content is what counts. But, when a zero like LRS who DARES to add Justice to his name mostly corrects my typos, then yes, I correct his errors. Cripes, I don't even have to mind his typos, he makes enough grammatical, spelling and errors of punctuation naturally.
How you like me now? LMAO!!! I've seen chickens type better than you!
Jim Shortz

Philadelphia, PA

#182458 Dec 18, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
Lol, birfoons.
how's that approval rating biiicth

the illegal alien is dragging all demonicRATZ down with him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Realtime 1,383,459
Hillary's History 15 min Agree 66
Observations 25 min Sublime1 26
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 59,509
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,519
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,434
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,166
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Sublime1 102,009
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages