BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 219775 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#182422 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, I don't recall Angel using that kind of homosexual language - I may be wrong, but I just don't remember that.
Put the rightists on one side, my friend, and the so-called leftists on the other side in Topix. Attribute "foul" language to each camp or side and see who comes out ahead.
From Angel in post #182317-
"Of course you have to take into account the Birther/Teabagger syndrome: An absolute inabilty to seperate wishful thinking from reality."
I have no doubt there are those on the right who speak low class "trailer" language Jacques, and I would not for a second defend them. That is not nearly as common as the lefties that post though. They are Alinskyites, and never cease to insult and demean those that have differing points of view.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#182423 Dec 18, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Well you have to realize FOX is used in the capacity of a Comedy Channel for many people.
Myself included.
I heard that that low class, trailer trash mouth of yours got you into a bit of a scuffle. Takes real courage to be a keyboard bully full of insults and empty on intellect, which you display proudly Angel, but when you run that foul mouth of yours to someones face, you may discover their willing to shut it for you by filling it with their fist. I wish I could have been there to see the beat down. I'm sure you had it coming. Hope you learned a lesson and keep your bravado to the anonymity of your computer before that false confidence of your "black belt" gets you hung by it. There is always someone tougher, hence the reason we should always treat others with respect.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#182424 Dec 18, 2013
"She does know it is what's funny bout it!!! And yes that is why. She's runs her c*ck suckin mouth and it finally caught up to the bîtch. She deserves what she gets her an her pos daughter. There both cheaters no good for nothing worthless. Her daughter is a tramp. But like they say like mother like daughter. Following right In her moms foot steps won't be long til you'll be hearing bout her daughter gettin her a$$ beat to"

This is what their saying about you Angel. You sound real classy. Setting a fine example for your daughter as well. Keep up the good work.
angel

Boise, ID

#182425 Dec 18, 2013
Sorry Obskep: but there wasnt anything 'foul' in that post.
Just a valid observation that has been proven time and time again.
And I guarentee you if were to scan all of these political threads and tally up The vulgar sexual oriented and insulting posts your tea bagging buddies would beat the libs Six to One (something Im sure youve been around Topix enough to bloody well know.)
Can you spell 'Disingenous' boys and girls?
angel

Boise, ID

#182426 Dec 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that that low class, trailer trash mouth of yours got you into a bit of a scuffle. Takes real courage to be a keyboard bully full of insults and empty on intellect, which you display proudly Angel, but when you run that foul mouth of yours to someones face, you may discover their willing to shut it for you by filling it with their fist. I wish I could have been there to see the beat down. I'm sure you had it coming. Hope you learned a lesson and keep your bravado to the anonymity of your computer before that false confidence of your "black belt" gets you hung by it. There is always someone tougher, hence the reason we should always treat others with respect.
Uh ......either your halucinating or you have me confused with someone else.
But any candy assed tea bagging blo-hard that wants to attempt to teach me a lesson is welcome to try.
Dude.being a lefty in Idaho Pacificism isnt a luxury you can afford trust me.
I dont have or need a Black Belt. LMAO!
angel

Boise, ID

#182427 Dec 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
"She does know it is what's funny bout it!!! And yes that is why. She's runs her c*ck suckin mouth and it finally caught up to the bîtch. She deserves what she gets her an her pos daughter. There both cheaters no good for nothing worthless. Her daughter is a tramp. But like they say like mother like daughter. Following right In her moms foot steps won't be long til you'll be hearing bout her daughter gettin her a$$ beat to"
This is what their saying about you Angel. You sound real classy. Setting a fine example for your daughter as well. Keep up the good work.
Yeah.....you definitely have me confused with someone else....I havent noticed anyone else using the handle 'angel'...are these quotes from a long time ago?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#182428 Dec 18, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Two mistakes! Always capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence. Boy, are you stupid. LMAO!
You're absolutely right. Should've been capitalised. No excuses. Not only that, I should've added a semi-colon after "keyboard" and "key".

Thank you for the corrections. As I've often said, I'm always willing to learn.
angel

Boise, ID

#182429 Dec 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Yeah the first quote about the 'wishful thinking ' was me but this last one.....that has nothing to do with me.

Ottawa

#182430 Dec 18, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this liberal nudnik, that Kenyan birth certificate is 100% authentic
You reproduced :

"From Angel in post #182317-
"Of course you have to take into account the Birther/Teabagger syndrome: An absolute inabilty to seperate wishful thinking from reality.""

I'm sorry, but I don't see any vile or dirty or even slightly insulting language here. Certainly nothing to justify being called a homosexual in rertort. Now, "birther" is a name birthers attributed to themselves. They are proud of it. What's wrong with that? As to Teabagger, well, doesn't sound pejorative to me , it comes from ''tea party". Perhaps mocking a bit but I don't know . I still don't see how accusing him of homosexuality rhymes with "birther" and "teabagger", do you?
Ellen1

Dedham, MA

#182431 Dec 18, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>NASTY!!! With a naturalized citizen and a dual-citizen, one can never be sure of their true allegiance!!!
Now you know why a naturalized citizen can't be president, it would work the same for a dual-citizen, if the Constitution recognized them.
It is you who are being nasty to the US-born children of foreigners. These people have proved that they were just as loyal to the USA as the US-born children of US citizens in TWO WORLD WARS.

You cannot read into the US Constitution something that it does not say. And it does NOT say that two US citizen parents are required to be president. Nor does it say that a dual citizens are excluded from being president. And Bingham and Trumbull, who were key writers of the 14th Amendment, said that EVERY child born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen.

Under strict construction (remember that?) you cannot interpret the Constitution as saying something unless it actually does says it-----and it does NOT say that two citizen parents are required or that a dual citizen is barred from becoming president. It does not say either of those things.

Under libertarian principles neither a law nor the Constitution can take away a right or a privilege unless the Constitution specifically allows that thing to be taken away. And, the Constitution does not specifically take away the right or privilege of the US-born children of foreigners to become president, and it does not take away the right or privilege of the US-born dual citizens either. It does not take away either of those things. It does not SAY any such thing.

And yet slimy Dale wants gullible people to ignore good conservative legal principles such as strict construction and good conservative moral principles such as libertarianism. Why?

The Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." And there is nothing in either the Constitution or in ANY of the writings of the men who were in the Constitutional Convention, or such other American leaders at the time as John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. There NOTHING in any of their writings that says that the US-born children of foreigners are not as eligible as the US-born children of US citizens. Nothing. But slimy Dale would like to throw out that principle too.

There is NOTHING in the US Constitution or in the writings of any of the framers that says that the US-born children of US citizens are any better than the US-born children of foreigners. NOTHING.

And yet slimy Dale thinks that he can convince a few gullible people that the writers of the US Constitution (who never said any such thing) really believed that the US-born children of foreigners (such as perhaps your father or grandfather) are really not as good citizens as the US-born children of US-citizens.

Well, do you think that you are any better a US citizen than your father or grandfather? Do you think that George Washington, who never said any such thing, thought that your US-born ancestors who had foreign parents should be lower-level citizens than the children of US parents at the time? Why does slimy Dale want you to think that George Washington, who was not afraid of much, or Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton, or the others, were afraid of US-born children of foreigners----such as your ancestors?

IF the writers of the Constitution had been afraid of the US-born children of foreigners, they would have said so, but they never said so. Why does slimy Dale want to throw out strict construction judicial interpretation AND libertarian principles, and ALSO throw out "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"? Why? Why SLIMY Dale? Why?
Citizen org

Oakdale, NY

#182432 Dec 18, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do more people watch FOX than MSNBC and CNN combined?! For all any of us know, he just may well be!
First of all Fox News are apologist for corrupt corporate Rightwing Republicans.

MSNBC/CNN are apologist for corrupt corporate centrist Democrats.

Has very little to do with conservatism and liberalism because Reagan and the Bush's were not conservative and Obama and the Clinton's are not liberal.

==========

It Was the Banks / by James K. Galbraith
November 5, 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/2g9d2te
The original sin of Obama's presidency was to assign economic policy to a closed circle of bank-friendly economists and Bush carryovers. Larry Summers. Timothy Geithner. Ben Bernanke. These men had no personal commitment to the goal of an early recovery, no stake in the Democratic Party, no interest in the larger success of Barack Obama. Their primary goal, instead, was and remains to protect their own past decisions and their own professional futures.

But one cannot defend the actions of Team Obama on taking office. Law, policy and politics all pointed in one direction: turn the systemically dangerous banks over to Sheila Bair and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Insure the depositors, replace the management, fire the lobbyists, audit the books, prosecute the frauds, and restructure and downsize the institutions. The financial system would have been cleaned up. And the big bankers would have been beaten as a political force.

Team Obama did none of these things. Instead they announced "stress tests," plainly designed so as to obscure the banks' true condition. They pressured the Federal Accounting Standards Board to permit the banks to ignore the market value of their toxic assets. Management stayed in place. They prosecuted no one. The Fed cut the cost of funds to zero. The President justified all this by repeating, many times, that the goal of policy was "to get credit flowing again." / http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/05-1...
Citizen org

Oakdale, NY

#182433 Dec 18, 2013
Obamacare Architect Leaves White House for Pharmaceutical Industry Job
Few people embody the corporatist revolving door greasing Washington as purely as Elizabeth Fowler / December 5, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/bh6wuuv
When the legislation that became known as "Obamacare" was first drafted, the key legislator was the Democratic Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Max Baucus, whose committee took the lead in drafting the legislation. As Baucus himself repeatedly boasted, the architect of that legislation was Elizabeth Fowler, his chief health policy counsel; indeed, as Marcy Wheeler discovered, it was Fowler who actually drafted it. As Politico put it at the time: "If you drew an organizational chart of major players in the Senate health care negotiations, Fowler would be the chief operating officer
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/12/05-0

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#182434 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques,
You don't see me using crass or vulgar language here or anywhere else.
It is beneath me.

But yeah, the word 'teabagger' has gross connotations and should not be used in polite company.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#182435 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques,
I'm not going to infringe on anyone's freedom of speech.
If people want to lower their standards by hurling personal insult after insult, then that's up to them.

Anyway, one of the headlines for today is that there is an international bruhaha erupting over the strip search of an Indian diplomate by the NYPD, despite her incessant claims of immunity.
It is incidents such as this which leave me with little respect for law inforcement officials.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#182436 Dec 18, 2013
Typo: enforcement

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#182437 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques,
It is truly too bad a few rouge cops always feel the need to tarish the shield and ruin the reputation of the law.
Lawyers have a reptilian reputation too. It is their own undoing.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#182438 Dec 18, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh, Justice, Justice. Remember how you decided to play that little game? Yes, the correction game? Well, here's another gem of yours :
You wrote,(above) "The one line wonder". Sorry, another error.
Listen to the teacher now, clunkhead.
It's okay to write : "he had one line" ;
It's NOT ok to write : "the one line wonder" ;
You must write : "The one-line wonder " HYPHEN, basket head, HYPHEN
Are you sure you want to continue your little game?
Another 'English' teacher in posting, I wonder if 'Ol 'Jock ques' is taking lessons from Leo?

Ottawa

#182439 Dec 18, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Another 'English' teacher in posting, I wonder if 'Ol 'Jock ques' is taking lessons from Leo?
Teacher ? Hardly. If you had followed this thread just a bit, you'd know I never, ever correct anyone. Not even the most flagrant errors as I believe that content is what counts. But, when a zero like LRS who DARES to add Justice to his name mostly corrects my typos, then yes, I correct his errors. Cripes, I don't even have to mind his typos, he makes enough grammatical, spelling and errors of punctuation naturally.

Ottawa

#182440 Dec 18, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I'm not going to infringe on anyone's freedom of speech.
If people want to lower their standards by hurling personal insult after insult, then that's up to them.
Anyway, one of the headlines for today is that there is an international bruhaha erupting over the strip search of an Indian diplomate by the NYPD, despite her incessant claims of immunity.
It is incidents such as this which leave me with little respect for law inforcement officials.
"there is an international bruhaha erupting over the strip search of an Indian diplomate" you wrote.

Depends on the circumstances. Also, it's clear that if this diplomat is not accredited to the United States, then border agents can lawfullty search her belongings, though a strip search seems a bit farfetched to me...unless they were tipped off. Were she accredited to the U.S., they can't search her, Vienna convention oblige and I can understand the int'l brouhaha. Smells of racial profiling.

Indeed, a diplomat from any country accredited to the U.S. CANNOT be searched at any border crossing, land, sea or air or anywhere else on the territory of his/her accreditation. His/her house and car are inviolable, no cop can enter. Only two recourses against a diplomat is declaration of persona non grata against him/her or abandonment of diplomatic status by envoy's country. This can occur in civil cases and very very rarely in cases of criminal misconduct.

Ottawa

#182441 Dec 18, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
You don't see me using crass or vulgar language here or anywhere else.
It is beneath me.
But yeah, the word 'teabagger' has gross connotations and should not be used in polite company.
I just looked up the meaning of "teabagger". Gross. I didn't know , as I thought it referred to a tea party adherent. It doesn't apply in my case, I have never used it. Not even once, I use "tea partyer". Don't tell me "tea partyer" is also offensive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min Maverick 808 103,168
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,670
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Obama is a joke 1,406,198
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 3 hr Not True 2
Frank Underwood Here: I Could Sure Use Some Hel... 4 hr Claire Underwood 9
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr Retired SOF 1,272
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 5 hr Resident 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages