BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#181795 Dec 9, 2013
Citizen org wrote:
Seymour Hersh Alleges Obama Administration Lied on Syria Gas Attack
http://tinyurl.com/krc2gat / Dec. 8, 2013
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh has dropped yet another bombshell allegation: President Obama wasn't honest with the American people when he blamed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for a sarin-gas attack in that killed hundreds of civilians.
In early September, Secretary of State John Kerry said the United States had proof that the nerve-gas attack was made on Assad's orders. "We know the Assad regime was responsible," President Obama told the nation in an address days after this revelation, which he said pushed him over the "red line" in considering military intervention.
But in a long story published Sunday for the London Review of Books, Hersh — best known for his exposés on the cover-ups of the My Lai Massacre and of Abu Ghraib – said the administration "cherry-picked intelligence," citing conversations with intelligence and military officials.
http://www.thewire.com/national/2013/12/seymo...
Not sure I understand. Did Assad order the attacks or not? Did Assad gas his people and the rebels or did he not? If his generals did this without his knowledge, where does the buck stop? And, when Obama said it was Assad, and the Europeans originated that scenario, I believe, is that not what was thought to be a fact at the time? Lastly, what does it matter who ordered it? It was done by the Syrian regime and I'm sure those poor civilians who died a horrible death, not to mention the still-suffering victims, don't give a hoot who amongst the Syrian leadership ordered it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#181796 Dec 9, 2013
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rogue do you remember this post? It was posted on February 9, 2012.
You predicted that the inflation rate would be over 6% in 2012. The actual inflation rate was 2.07%. Your prediction was off by
289 PERCENT.
As for Carter printing 500 billion dollars in his four years of office. Why don't you tell us about Reagan printing 700 billion dollars in his first term and another 700 billion in his second term of office?
You are always preaching to us that increase on money supply (M2) will result in higher inflation then how come Reagan printed 1.4 trillion dollars in eight years and the inflation rate was 4.08 PERCENT in 1988?
http://www.usstuckonstupid.com/sos_downchart....
http://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/unite...
Yes, I did. But I did not anticipate Bernanke starting QE3 in September 2012.
Increasing money supply is not the same as Quantitative Easing.

Ottawa

#181797 Dec 9, 2013
Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they are scouting for star-fighter pilots to battle zombies from outer space?
Anecdote on Starfighters. I think it was 1957. Ottawa was inaugurating its new "state-of-the-art" airport, with a fully-glassed terminal allowing a total vista of the tarmac and airplanes. There was an official ceremony and, as a show-stopper, an F-104 Starfighter broke the sound barrier, thereby shattering and breaking to pieces practically every terminal window. Needless to say, it ended the revelries right there. It apparently took over 3 months before the huge and smaller glass panes were replaced.
Citizen org

Sayville, NY

#181798 Dec 9, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I understand. Did Assad order the attacks or not? Did Assad gas his people and the rebels or did he not? If his generals did this without his knowledge, where does the buck stop? And, when Obama said it was Assad, and the Europeans originated that scenario, I believe, is that not what was thought to be a fact at the time? Lastly, what does it matter who ordered it? It was done by the Syrian regime and I'm sure those poor civilians who died a horrible death, not to mention the still-suffering victims, don't give a hoot who amongst the Syrian leadership ordered it.
Seymour Hersh is second to none and has an impeccable record regarding investigative journalism.

He brings out the point that our spy apparatus was quiet on Assad and yet Obama blamed him for the gas.

========

Seymour Hersh: Obama "Cherry-Picked" Intelligence on Syrian Chemical Attack to Justify U.S. Strike / December 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/kl78q6s
Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh joins us to discuss his new article casting doubt on the veracity of the Obama administration’s claims that only the Assad regime could have carried out the chemical attacks in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta earlier this year. Writing in the London Review of Books, Hersh argues that the Obama administration "cherry-picked intelligence to justify a strike against Assad." The administration failed to disclose it knew Syrian rebels in the al-Nusra Front had the ability to produce chemical weapons. Evidence obtained in the days after the attack was also allegedly distorted to make it appear it was gathered in real time.
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/9/seymour...
Citizen org

Sayville, NY

#181799 Dec 9, 2013
Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they are scouting for star-fighter pilots to battle zombies from outer space?
F22 FIGHTER
http://tinyurl.com/5ncsk
http://www.f22fighter.com/

Ottawa

#181800 Dec 9, 2013
Back from shovelling the white stuff. Damn. Yesterday, the TV meteorologist said we'd have a mere "sprinkling" of snow today, 1/2 and inch max. Well, since this morning, we've had over 4 inches and it's still snowing.

According to "Justice" ha ha LRS and Rogue, the meteorologist lied.

Ottawa

#181801 Dec 9, 2013
Citizen org wrote:
<quoted text>
Seymour Hersh is second to none and has an impeccable record regarding investigative journalism.
He brings out the point that our spy apparatus was quiet on Assad and yet Obama blamed him for the gas.
========
Seymour Hersh: Obama "Cherry-Picked" Intelligence on Syrian Chemical Attack to Justify U.S. Strike / December 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/kl78q6s
Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh joins us to discuss his new article casting doubt on the veracity of the Obama administration’s claims that only the Assad regime could have carried out the chemical attacks in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta earlier this year. Writing in the London Review of Books, Hersh argues that the Obama administration "cherry-picked intelligence to justify a strike against Assad." The administration failed to disclose it knew Syrian rebels in the al-Nusra Front had the ability to produce chemical weapons. Evidence obtained in the days after the attack was also allegedly distorted to make it appear it was gathered in real time.
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/9/seymour...
I also thought at the time that the rebels may have launched the gas attacks. That theory has pretty much been laid to rest now, and even Assad has not accused the rebels of using gas. What's more, Assad, given the red line drawn by Obama (I reproached Obama that red line, I was wrong, he was right) immediately huddled with Putin and both decided to come clean, admit he had chemical weapons (before the red line , not only did he deny using gas, he denied HAVING it) and call in the UN and destroy it.

I know Hersh. I know of his impeccable reputation as a journalist. This time, he's getting bogged down in details. Unimportant details. It's clear the regime used the gas which, incidentally, requires expertise and launchers. I doubt the rebels had either.

Ottawa

#181802 Dec 9, 2013
Citizen org wrote:
The F-22 is a pile of junk. Too expensive. Such a failure, only 195 were built and it's been replaced by the junkier and even more expensive F-35 which, after years of "development", is unflyable and could be shot down by a Sopwith Camel. Consider (F22):

Delays, technical glitches and huge cost overruns in the Air Force's F-22 fighter jet program highlight the Pentagon's broken procurement process.

By Ralph Vartabedian and W.J. Hennigan Los Angeles Times

June 16, 2013

When the U.S. sought to assure Asian allies that it would defend them against potential aggression by North Korea this spring, the Pentagon deployed its top-of-the-line jet fighter, the F-22 Raptor.

But only two of the jets were sent screaming through the skies south of Seoul.

That token show of American force was a stark reminder that the U.S. may have few F-22s to spare. Alarmed by soaring costs, the Defense Department shut down production last year after spending $67.3 billion on just 188 planes — leaving the Air Force to rely mainly on its fleet of 30-year-old conventional fighters.

"People around the world aren't dumb," said House Armed Services Committee Chairman Howard "Buck" McKeon (R-Santa Clarita). "They see what we have. They recognize that our forces have been severely depleted."

Lockheed Martin Corp.'s F-22 is the most lethal fighter jet in the world. But it has also become a symbol of a broken procurement process that's failing to deliver advanced weapons systems on time, on budget and in sufficient quantities.

The F-22 was originally intended to replace all of the Air Force's F-15 combat jets that date back to the early 1970s. But today those F-15s still represent the bulk of a so-called air superiority fleet — the jets that are supposed to outgun enemy aircraft and gain control of the sky.

Nonetheless, the F-22 program cemented Lockheed's position as the premier manufacturer of combat aircraft in the world.

The system is totally broken and everybody knows it"
— Sherman Mullin, retired former Lockheed F-22 program chief

The early cancellation led directly to a new advanced warplane, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter that Lockheed also produces. Today, that nearly $400-billion system is headed in the same direction as the F-22, falling behind schedule, encountering serious software problems and suffering sharp cost growth.

ambitious programs based on low-ball estimates by contractors, critics say. Eager to speed money to their home states, members of Congress allocate funding for these leading-edge defense programs, even before the technologies are developed and tested.

"If everybody involved would be more realistic and didn't lie about risk, technical difficulty and cost, we wouldn't have these problems," said Thomas P. Christie, a retired official who spent nearly 50 years working in Pentagon acquisitions. "We jump into these decisions, then get surprised about the outcome."
The F-22 experienced almost every one of these problems. The Air Force began laying plans to build the F-22 in the early 1980s. A decade later, it estimated it would take nine years and $12.6 billion to develop the jet, but it ended up taking 19 years and costing $26.3 billion, not including the production of any aircraft. By the time production was completed, the F-22 cost an average of $412 million each, up from the original estimate of $149 million.

"The system is totally broken and everybody knows it," said Sherman Mullin, the retired former Lockheed chief of the F-22 program and a fierce advocate for the jet. "Partially, the F-22 fell victim to that."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-advance...
Citizen org

Sayville, NY

#181803 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I also thought at the time that the rebels may have launched the gas attacks. That theory has pretty much been laid to rest now, and even Assad has not accused the rebels of using gas. What's more, Assad, given the red line drawn by Obama (I reproached Obama that red line, I was wrong, he was right) immediately huddled with Putin and both decided to come clean, admit he had chemical weapons (before the red line , not only did he deny using gas, he denied HAVING it) and call in the UN and destroy it.
I know Hersh. I know of his impeccable reputation as a journalist. This time, he's getting bogged down in details. Unimportant details. It's clear the regime used the gas which, incidentally, requires expertise and launchers. I doubt the rebels had either.
I agree the Hersh story sounds a little wishy washy but for him to publish it there might be something else going on.

-------

13 Min ago / Politics

The Other Questions Raised by Seymour Hersh's Syria Scoop

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2013/12/other...
Citizen org

Sayville, NY

#181804 Dec 9, 2013
Back from shovelling the white stuff. Damn. Yesterday, the TV meteorologist said we'd have a mere "sprinkling" of snow today, 1/2 and inch max. Well, since this morning, we've had over 4 inches and it's still snowing.
According to "Justice" ha ha LRS and Rogue, the meteorologist lied.
It is unfortunate that even the meteorologist in the USA sensationalize the weather like the news.

It is usually the opposite of what you reported.

They will predict 4 in. and we will get only a trace.

They love making a mountain out of a molehill.
Citizen org

Sayville, NY

#181805 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
The F-22 is a pile of junk. Too expensive. Such a failure, only 195 were built and it's been replaced by the junkier and even more expensive F-35 which, after years of "development", is unflyable and could be shot down by a Sopwith Camel. Consider (F22):
Delays, technical glitches and huge cost overruns in the Air Force's F-22 fighter jet program highlight the Pentagon's broken procurement process.
By Ralph Vartabedian and W.J. Hennigan Los Angeles Times
June 16, 2013
When the U.S. sought to assure Asian allies that it would defend them against potential aggression by North Korea this spring, the Pentagon deployed its top-of-the-line jet fighter, the F-22 Raptor.
But only two of the jets were sent screaming through the skies south of Seoul.
That token show of American force was a stark reminder that the U.S. may have few F-22s to spare. Alarmed by soaring costs, the Defense Department shut down production last year after spending $67.3 billion on just 188 planes — leaving the Air Force to rely mainly on its fleet of 30-year-old conventional fighters.
"People around the world aren't dumb," said House Armed Services Committee Chairman Howard "Buck" McKeon (R-Santa Clarita). "They see what we have. They recognize that our forces have been severely depleted."
Lockheed Martin Corp.'s F-22 is the most lethal fighter jet in the world. But it has also become a symbol of a broken procurement process that's failing to deliver advanced weapons systems on time, on budget and in sufficient quantities.
The F-22 was originally intended to replace all of the Air Force's F-15 combat jets that date back to the early 1970s. But today those F-15s still represent the bulk of a so-called air superiority fleet — the jets that are supposed to outgun enemy aircraft and gain control of the sky.
Nonetheless, the F-22 program cemented Lockheed's position as the premier manufacturer of combat aircraft in the world.
The system is totally broken and everybody knows it"
— Sherman Mullin, retired former Lockheed F-22 program chief
The early cancellation led directly to a new advanced warplane, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter that Lockheed also produces. Today, that nearly $400-billion system is headed in the same direction as the F-22, falling behind schedule, encountering serious software problems and suffering sharp cost growth.
ambitious programs based on low-ball estimates by contractors, critics say. Eager to speed money to their home states, members of Congress allocate funding for these leading-edge defense programs, even before the technologies are developed and tested.
"If everybody involved would be more realistic and didn't lie about risk, technical difficulty and cost, we wouldn't have these problems," said Thomas P. Christie, a retired official who spent nearly 50 years working in Pentagon acquisitions. "We jump into these decisions, then get surprised about the outcome."
The F-22 experienced almost every one of these problems. The Air Force began laying plans to build the F-22 in the early 1980s. A decade later, it estimated it would take nine years and $12.6 billion to develop the jet, but it ended up taking 19 years and costing $26.3 billion, not including the production of any aircraft. By the time production was completed, the F-22 cost an average of $412 million each, up from the original estimate of $149 million.
"The system is totally broken and everybody knows it," said Sherman Mullin, the retired former Lockheed chief of the F-22 program and a fierce advocate for the jet. "Partially, the F-22 fell victim to that."
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-advance...
You are absolutely right.

More Pentagon waste and fraud that Congress has no problem funding.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#181806 Dec 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are blaming what Bernanke did in September 2012 that your prediction of 6% inflation for all of 2012 did not came to fruition?

Then explain why up to Setember 2012 the inflation rate was 2.95 including three months when there was a NEGATIVE INFLATION (April, May and June in which the inflation rate FELL -.43)?

If Bernanke did not QE3 in September what effect did it had for the three months of 2012 that the end result was inflation rate of 2.07?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

#181807 Dec 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction

So you are blaming what Bernanke did in September 2012 that your prediction of 6% inflation for all of 2012 did not came to fruition?

Then explain why up to Setember 2012 the inflation rate was 2.95 including three months when there was a NEGATIVE INFLATION (April, May and June in which the inflation rate FELL -.43)?

If Bernanke did start QE3 in September what effect did it had for the three months of 2012 that the end result was inflation rate of 2.07?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

#181808 Dec 9, 2013
Hey Rouge how come the current inflation rate for 2013 is only 1.49%?

What is your prediction for 2014? Will it be 6% as in your prediction for 2012?

Ottawa

#181809 Dec 9, 2013
Citizen org wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that even the meteorologist in the USA sensationalize the weather like the news.
It is usually the opposite of what you reported.
They will predict 4 in. and we will get only a trace.
They love making a mountain out of a molehill.
You're right of course. One can sense the letdown at CNN when a full-blown hurricane turns into a mere strong wind.

Ottawa

#181810 Dec 9, 2013
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
Hey Rouge how come the current inflation rate for 2013 is only 1.49%?
What is your prediction for 2014? Will it be 6% as in your prediction for 2012?
Atticus, Atticus. You don't get it , do you? The rate of 1.49% is FIXED by Obama. The real rate is more like 7, 8%, as every birther knows. Obama, not unlike his "fabricated "unemployment figures, has his own system, a system never used by his predecessors. How he gets the fed statisticians to fall in line, I don't know. He probably buys them off like he did almost 60 million voters.

And should Rogue admit that the true rate is 1.49%, and he was SEEMINGLY wrong, it's his broker's fault who, not unlike the media and pollsters, misled him. To resume : With Rogue, it's always a win-win proposition.
Tea Party Patriots

Chicago, IL

#181811 Dec 9, 2013
Obummer pals around with his terrorists buddies at funeral for known socialist marxist terrorist leader Nelscum Mansmella. His unconstitutional trip on his private jet is estimated to cost us tax payers up to 2 billion dollars.

Shame on you Newt and Cruz for not standind up for America and apeasing this atrocious attack on our freedoms. I expected better.

Wake up America before its to late.

Stand up, not bow down to our enemies abroad.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#181812 Dec 9, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dufus Dale does not comprehend that the US is a sovereign and independent nation.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! You seem to forget, the US Constitution wasn't written for aliens.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#181813 Dec 9, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
And Dufus Dale can write to the State Department telling them that the US is not a sovereign nation and they ought to follow Play Law.
LMAO.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! And what has jurisdiction over this sovereign nation? Remember it was written for "We the People", not the aliens, they have never been "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", since they are citizens of a country other than the US.
Truth Detector

Louisville, KY

#181814 Dec 9, 2013
Grand Blather wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll take this as an implicit admission of your ignorance and intention to continue spamming.
Don't say we didn't offer you anything.
Thanks for confirming that you are an Obot troll!
Obama and the Constitution…like oil and water the two don’t mix!
Mix in gasoline, put flame to the fumes and watch things explode!
will America learn its lesson?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min DBWriter 1,114,683
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min David 98,323
Abby 9-30 19 min Shari23 5
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min gcaveman1 46,973
Amy 9-30 50 min Mister Tonka 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Saint Demetrius 50,006
Abia State University, Direct entry admission c... 1 hr prof vicktor 1

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]