BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 216441 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#181979 Dec 12, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a cop fan, but to put Zimmerman and cops in the same category? How do you know Zimmerman killed in self defence? Oh, damn, sorry, I forgot, you and Justice ho ho LRs were on the scene , you saw it all.
Not false. Dismissed. Not the same thing. So were Al Capone's charges against him dismissed, except for income tax. Was he innocent? Was Zimmerman innocent?
So, two complaints you say were false? What about the other two? And you compare that with Martin's school report cards?
Ah, the jury ruled it was self defence!!!
Did I say anything about a "report Card" which is about his grades and has nothing to do with his conduct.
Why was he not attending the high school that was in his district? That's right, he was attending a high school that was not in his district and we still do not know why?!?
Dale

United States

#181980 Dec 12, 2013
Mr. TRUMBULL. The Senator from Ohio says they ought to be. If they are there and within the jurisdiction of Colorado, and subject to the laws of Colorado, they ought to be citizens; and that is all that is proposed. It cannot be said of any Indian who owes allegiance, partial allegiance if you please, to some other Government that he is “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.” Would the Senator from Wisconsin think for a moment of bringing a bill into Congress to subject these wild Indians with whom we have no treaty to the laws and regulations of civilized life? Would he think of punishing them for instituting among themselves their own tribal regulations? Does the Government of the United States pretend to take jurisdiction of murders and robberies and other crimes committed by one Indian upon another? Are they subject to our jurisdiction in any just sense? They are not subject to our jurisdiction. We do not exercise jurisdiction over them.[[[[[[[It is only those persons who come completely within our jurisdiction, who are subject to our laws, that we think of making citizens; and there can be no objection to the proposition that such persons should be citizens]]]]]]. It seems to me, sir, that to introduce the words suggested by the Senator from Wisconsin would not make the proposition any clearer than it is, and that it by no means embraces, or by any fair construction -- by any construction, I may say -- could embrace the wild Indians of the plains or any with whom we have treaty relations, for the very fact that we have treaty relations with them shows that they are not subject to our jurisdiction. We cannot make a treaty with ourselves; it would be absurd. I think that the proposition is clear and safe as it is.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#181981 Dec 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the jury ruled it was self defence!!!
Did I say anything about a "report Card" which is about his grades and has nothing to do with his conduct.
Why was he not attending the high school that was in his district? That's right, he was attending a high school that was not in his district and we still do not know why?!?
Told you a thousand times, I thought the jury had no real choice but to declare the bum "not guilty" as there were no witnesses. Oh, except you and LRS . You two have written here like you were there. There can be no claim that he killed Martin in self-defence or not as there were no witnesses. Instead of saying "no on can tell what and how it happened", you jump to the bum's defence and speak of the incident like you were there. Blow by blow.

Whether he was in the right school or not, is that an excuse for killing him? Whether he consumed cannabis or not, sold it or not, was that sufficient to kill him? What about Zimmerman's two other "incidents?"

I repeat, hoping I'm wrong. Zimmerman will either maim or kill someone else. It's only a matter of time. Tell me, Rogue, and knowing the looney-tooney is armed, would you like to have a road-rage argument with him? Oh, I know, you'll reply you're also armed. Great response. OK corral revisited. What if it's someone else who is unarmed?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#181982 Dec 12, 2013
"To misquote Shakespeare, something is rotten in Gaza and it is tme to take out the trash"

US Senator Mark Kirk

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#181983 Dec 12, 2013
Jacques,
That useless dirtbag Kirk has got to go.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#181984 Dec 12, 2013
Jacques,
Shakespeare is my favorite author.
I do not take kindly to him being misquoted.
loose

Ottawa

#181985 Dec 12, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
That useless dirtbag Kirk has got to go.
Pourquoi tant en vouloir à Kirk? Que vous a-t-il fait?Ëtes-vous vraiment en Polynésie franpaise? Si vous ne connaissez pas le français, la vie ne doit pas être facile.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#181986 Dec 12, 2013
Jacques,
I shall return.
loose

Ottawa

#181987 Dec 12, 2013
P.S. And if you have not a clue as to what I wrote in French, please don' use google translator. I was curious, tried it, OMG. And I actually thought they had improved !

Ottawa

#181988 Dec 12, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
Shakespeare is my favorite author.
I do not take kindly to him being misquoted.
loose
You wrote : "Shakespeare is my favorite author."

TALK ABOUT CLICHÉS. That was the mother of them all.
Grand Birther

Painesville, OH

#181990 Dec 12, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Still having problems with "taxed", I see.
No, aliens have never been subject to the US Constitution, if they were, they would be called, citizens.
Since when don't aliens pay taxes?

Ottawa

#181991 Dec 12, 2013
Rogue :

From your fav, Wikipedia on Zimmerman:

Other encounters with police

Beyond the 2012 Martin shooting, Zimmerman has had other encounters with the law, including two incidents in 2005, and five incidents in 2013.[26]

In July of 2005, when he was 21, Zimmerman was arrested after shoving an undercover alcohol-control agent while a friend of Zimmerman's was being arrested for underage drinking. The officer alleged that Zimmerman had said, "I don't care who you are," followed by a profanity, and had refused to leave the area after the officer had shown their badge.[27] The charges were subsequently dropped when Zimmerman entered a pre-trial diversion program that included anger-management classes.[3][28] Also in 2005, Zimmerman's ex-fiancée filed a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman requested a reciprocal restraining order. Both orders were granted.[3][29] These incidents were raised by prosecutors at Zimmerman's initial bond hearing. The judge described them as "run of the mill."[30][31]

On September 9, 2013, in Lake Mary, Florida, police responded to a 9-1-1 call by Zimmerman's estranged wife, who reported that Zimmerman had threatened her and her father with a gun and had punched her father in the face. Zimmerman was briefly detained and questioned by police.[32] No gun was found at the scene. Police took a broken iPad from the scene for examination of a video recording of the incident to determine whether to press charges against either Zimmerman or his wife.[33] His wife declined to press charges and said that she had not actually seen a gun but had assumed Zimmerman had had a gun from his stance and the way he was putting his hand in his shirt. She said, in a subsequent interview on the Today show, "In hindsight I should've [pressed charges], and I really regret that, but I'm on probation and the officers made it very clear that day if I pressed charges we were all going to go to jail and I would've been the only one to stay there."[34] After determining that the iPad video could not be recovered, the Lake Mary police department announced they would not be pressing charges against Zimmerman, his wife, or her father.[35]

On November 18, 2013, Zimmerman's girlfriend called the police alleging that after she had asked Zimmerman to leave her home, he had pointed a shotgun at her and begun breaking her belongings.[36] When the police arrived on the scene and met her outside, Zimmerman initially would not let them inside or speak with them and instead called 9-1-1 himself, saying that he had nothing to say to the police and just wanted "everyone to know the truth".[37][38] The police subsequently reported that Zimmerman had barricaded himself inside the apartment before they had made their way inside and arrested him.[39] He was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon – a felony – as well as domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.[38][40] Zimmerman obtained the services of Chief Seminole County Public Defender Jeff Dowdy,[41] and Assistant public defender Daniel Megaro,[42]who said that Zimmerman was indigent with about $2.5 million in debt.[43] On November 25, 2013, The Orlando Sentinel reported that Zimmerman, despite being legally indigent, had discharged the public defender's office in favor of Jayne Weintraub, a south Florida attorney who has done legal commentary on cable.[44]His arraignment was scheduled for January 7, 2014.[43] On December 6, his girlfriend requested that the charges be dropped, and the restraining order be lifted.[45] On December 11, prosecutors announced they would not press charges due to Samantha Scheibe's decision not to cooperate and the lack of other corroborating evidence.[46]

==========
==========

I said 4 incidents. Well, looks like it's SEVEN. As I said before, Rogue, where there's smoke, there's fire. Only a matter of time before your hero...
Learn to Read

United States

#181992 Dec 12, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>Since when don't aliens pay taxes?
Since Dufus was appointed "big giant head"

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#181993 Dec 12, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Still having problems with "taxed", I see.
No, aliens have never been subject to the US Constitution, if they were, they would be called, citizens.
That is as ignorant of a statement as I have ever seen.
I assume the "LMAO" in every post indicates you are jesting with us? Pretending to be the stereotypical ignorant teabagger for laughs?
BTW Any above board income made by aliens is taxed the same as yours and mine (If they have no SS number they can use a TIN).
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#181994 Dec 12, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
Rogue :
From your fav, Wikipedia on Zimmerman:
Other encounters with police
Beyond the 2012 Martin shooting, Zimmerman has had other encounters with the law, including two incidents in 2005, and five incidents in 2013.[26]
In July of 2005, when he was 21, Zimmerman was arrested after shoving an undercover alcohol-control agent while a friend of Zimmerman's was being arrested for underage drinking. The officer alleged that Zimmerman had said, "I don't care who you are," followed by a profanity, and had refused to leave the area after the officer had shown their badge.[27] The charges were subsequently dropped when Zimmerman entered a pre-trial diversion program that included anger-management classes.[3][28] Also in 2005, Zimmerman's ex-fiancée filed a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman requested a reciprocal restraining order. Both orders were granted.[3][29] These incidents were raised by prosecutors at Zimmerman's initial bond hearing. The judge described them as "run of the mill."[30][31]
On September 9, 2013, in Lake Mary, Florida, police responded to a 9-1-1 call by Zimmerman's estranged wife, who reported that Zimmerman had threatened her and her father with a gun and had punched her father in the face. Zimmerman was briefly detained and questioned by police.[32] No gun was found at the scene. Police took a broken iPad from the scene for examination of a video recording of the incident to determine whether to press charges against either Zimmerman or his wife.[33] His wife declined to press charges and said that she had not actually seen a gun but had assumed Zimmerman had had a gun from his stance and the way he was putting his hand in his shirt. She said, in a subsequent interview on the Today show, "In hindsight I should've [pressed charges], and I really regret that, but I'm on probation and the officers made it very clear that day if I pressed charges we were all going to go to jail and I would've been the only one to stay there."[34] After determining that the iPad video could not be recovered, the Lake Mary police department announced they would not be pressing charges against Zimmerman, his wife, or her father.[35]
==========
==========
I said 4 incidents. Well, looks like it's SEVEN. As I said before, Rogue, where there's smoke, there's fire. Only a matter of time before your hero...
Edited your post for space....
What is up with the obsession with Zimmerman? Who cares??? Why do you care??? Have you read the news lately and found anything else of importance to be concerned with that might be slightly more important?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#181995 Dec 12, 2013
Jacques,
That fake sign language guy sure pulled a fast one on the Secret Service.
Apparently, he was paid the handome sum of $85 dollars to do the historical event.

There's just something twistedly comedic about the whole thing.
Something Satuday Night Live woud do today.

It seemed like sort of a raucus event, from what little I saw.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#181996 Dec 12, 2013
raucous: boisterous and disorderly

Ottawa

#181997 Dec 12, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>
Edited your post for space....
What is up with the obsession with Zimmerman? Who cares??? Why do you care??? Have you read the news lately and found anything else of importance to be concerned with that might be slightly more important?
I have to say you're right. I was replying to Rogue who brought it up out of nowhere. I should have passed. Thanks for the reminder.

Ottawa

#181998 Dec 12, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
That fake sign language guy sure pulled a fast one on the Secret Service.
Apparently, he was paid the handome sum of $85 dollars to do the historical event.
There's just something twistedly comedic about the whole thing.
Something Satuday Night Live woud do today.
It seemed like sort of a raucus event, from what little I saw.
What secret service? I hope you're referring to the South African secret service, as the U.S. secret service has no jurisdiction in South Africa - at least, officially.

Ottawa

#181999 Dec 12, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
raucous: boisterous and disorderly
According to Oxford :

RAUCUS : Loud, harsh sounding.

Loud, at times, yes.

BOISTEROUS : Noisy and cheerful

Noisy, yes. Cheerful, even more so. It's how death is perceived in African culture. The dearly departed receives the greatest honour of all, he/she becomes an ancestor.

As to disorderly, no Oxford definition required. But, tell us how disorderly. How many dead, injured?. Looting?

Ever been to Africa, loose? Know anything about African lore, culture, native religion, animism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 min They cannot kill ... 2,126
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Henry 1,394,425
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 12 min A Noted Observer 48
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min TRD 70,698
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min IB DaMann 60,011
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,101
Observations 2 hr A Noted Observer 126
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages