BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 8,035)

Showing posts 160,681 - 160,700 of174,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Ron Paul Predicts "Major Crash of the Dollar" in Exclusive Interview with Birch Gold Group
Former congressman discusses U.S. monetary policy with the precious metals dealer, says now is "a very good time to buy" gold.

Burbank, CA (PRWEB) October 18, 2013

Birch Gold Group is pleased to announce the release of an exclusive interview with former United States congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Considered one of America's most influential political figures today and a leading voice for limited, constitutional government, Ron Paul spoke candidly with the precious metals company about current monetary policy in the U.S. In the interview, Congressman Paul predicts a major crash of the dollar due to an "unworkable" monetary policy of debt purchasing and Quantitative Easing, and he calls physical gold an "insurance" policy against the impending "dollar fiasco."

Further debt purchasing by the Federal Reserve, Congressman Paul says, will have disastrous consequences on the dollar. Yet, backing off the purchase of debt would also cause the financial markets to crash, he says.

"It's a system that is very friable and unworkable," Congressman Paul says. "And since [the Fed] will not work out of it gracefully and deliberately, we will probably go on to having a major crash of the dollar – that's what I see happening."

The situation is likely to deteriorate even further, Paul says, as Janet Yellen succeeds Ben Bernanke as the next chair of the Federal Reserve, maintaining the current policy of Quantitative Easing.

"She'll make [our problems] worse. She's inherited a mess, although she was a participant in the mess and she always argued for more inflation," Congressman Paul says. "The odds of her having the guts or the wisdom to start backing off the purchase of debt, it's slim to none … But the longer it lasts, the worse the correction will be when eventually people give up on our dollar and give up on our debt."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN,in the medium lift helicopters, there is not one helicopter in the world that is better in mountain operations! NONE!!! Why do you think you Canadians leased back the Chinooks, that you sold to the Netherlands, for use in Afghanistan?
Next, the NEW Chinooks would go to the AMERICAN military while our older aircraft would go to the Afghans.
And they the JOBS to make those helicopters would stay in America!!!
Again, when it comes to mountain flying, there is no aircraft in the world that can beat a Chinook. They have done rescues off of Mount McKinley, in Alaska, at the 20,000 foot level!!!
This is a more recent rescue on Mount McKinley albeit only at the 14,000 foot level.
Alaska-based aviators evacuate man on Mount McKinley July 15, 2010
By Staff report, Fort Wainwright PAO
http://www.army.mil/article/42321/
Oh, I had a friend who has been at the top of Mount McKinley in a Chinook some thirty years ago in a C-model Chinook and today's D/E-models are even better.
Oh, the C-model had twin 3,750 hp engines while the D/E-models either have twin 4,450 or 4,850 hp engines. The power train is still rated at 6,000 hp but the C-model's engines will top out at 4,000 feet while the D/E-model engines will top out at about 9,000 to 12,000 feet!!!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
All you're doing is agreeing with me that the Chinook is a phenomenon. Not for me to disagree with you.
What about my other questions?
Dah, I answered your questions. It makes more ECONOMIC sense to make new helicopters for OUR troops and give our older stuff to the Afghans. And it creates JOBS here in the U.S. instead of RUSSIA!!!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Jacques,
The air traveling public is just going to have to someday come to the realiztion that the airlnes will leave them in the lurch and sleeping on cots or on the foor in airport terminals when the weather gets bad.
Better safe than sorry.
loose

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
In 1990 when I was flying in the Gulf of Mexico PHI had some A-Star helicopters with the Lycoming LT-101 engine but at the time they had high failure rates so we started to call them "Falling-Stars"!
The LT-101 engines have matured into a reliable engine and are now make by Honeywell.
Lycomings had been installed in the Alouettes at the insistence of U.S. military. They failed. They were replaced by French engines. That was over 25 yrs ago and I believe they are still flying. Same for the Falcons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Here is another Obama anti-American deal. Yes, it was a California DOT project but most of the money came from the U.S. Federal government (U.S. taxes).
Why could they not use NON-union workers here in the U.S.? Why not UNION workers? Save $400 Million? How about the unemployment they would not have to pay out if the jobs had stayed in the U.S.???
And we would not have to pay China to buy our debt!!!
Yep, Obama really cares about American workers?!?

San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Controversially Made in China
By Claudia Cowan - September 20, 2011 - FoxNews.com

California transportation officials argue they saved $400 million by turning to China, in large part because they didn't have to pay American union wages and benefits. With the clock ticking, they say more was at stake than money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
The air traveling public is just going to have to someday come to the realization that the airlines will leave them in the lurch and sleeping on cots or on the floor in airport terminals when the weather gets bad.
Better safe than sorry.
loose
The old aviation saying that it is best to be in a coffee shop wishing you were flying than praying to be back on the ground.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
In 1990 when I was flying in the Gulf of Mexico PHI had some A-Star helicopters with the Lycoming LT-101 engine but at the time they had high failure rates so we started to call them "Falling-Stars"!
The LT-101 engines have matured into a reliable engine and are now make by Honeywell.
<quoted text>
Lycomings had been installed in the Alouettes at the insistence of U.S. military. They failed. They were replaced by French engines. That was over 25 yrs ago and I believe they are still flying. Same for the Falcons.
I am very well aware of that. Have you forgotten I have been in aviation my whole life? My father was a Master Army Aviator. My father-in-law was a Master Army Aviation Crewman and crewed L-5 Stinson Sentinels during WWII, L-19s in the Korean War and C-7 Caribous in Vietnam!!!
And Lycoming sold it's gas-turbine engines to Honeywell DECADES ago!!! Just as Allison (General Motors) sold it's gas-turbines engines to Rolls Royce!!!
I was not born yesterday!!!
I do not claim to be a brain surgeon but on this forum I am the aviation expert!!!
Oh, do you know who is making Franklin aircraft engines? POLAND!!! The original engines for the OH-13 (Korean War MASH helicopters) where Franklins!!! The OH-13s did not switch to the Lycoming engines until the late 1950s that on the H-model OH-13 that they switched to the Lycoming engines!!!
Oh, the Tucker car used ..... Franklin engines!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Here is another Obama anti-American deal. Yes, it was a California DOT project but most of the money came from the U.S. Federal government (U.S. taxes).
Why could they not use NON-union workers here in the U.S.? Why not UNION workers? Save $400 Million? How about the unemployment they would not have to pay out if the jobs had stayed in the U.S.???
And we would not have to pay China to buy our debt!!!
Yep, Obama really cares about American workers?!?
San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Controversially Made in China
By Claudia Cowan - September 20, 2011 - FoxNews.com
California transportation officials argue they saved $400 million by turning to China, in large part because they didn't have to pay American union wages and benefits. With the clock ticking, they say more was at stake than money.
Oh goody, I pissed off another Libtard who is to stupid to write an intellectually honest retort.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy "The White Peanut Man" Carter printed up $500 Billion dollars and as a result we had an inflation rate of 13.58% in 1980. O'Bummer Boy has printed up $1.5 TRILLION and the inflation rate is already up to 3.5% and it will probably over 6% by election time and you Libtards still do not understand Cause and Effect.
When you print extra money, it DEVALUES the money that is already in circulation. I think O'Bummer is doing this on purpose which is to make a national debt less but making it worth less, but it will backfire. In 1980 we also had a prime interest rate of 21% and not many people could afford a housing loan and that is all we need as our housing is still in a depression!!!
Hey Rogue do you remember this post? It was posted on February 9, 2012.

You predicted that the inflation rate would be over 6% in 2012. The actual inflation rate was 2.07%. Your prediction was off by
289 PERCENT.

As for Carter printing 500 billion dollars in his four years of office. Why don't you tell us about Reagan printing 700 billion dollars in his first term and another 700 billion in his second term of office?

You are always preaching to us that increase on money supply (M2) will result in higher inflation then how come Reagan printed 1.4 trillion dollars in eight years and the inflation rate was 4.08 PERCENT in 1988?

http://www.usstuckonstupid.com/sos_downchart....

http://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/unite...

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very well aware of that. Have you forgotten I have been in aviation my whole life? My father was a Master Army Aviator. My father-in-law was a Master Army Aviation Crewman and crewed L-5 Stinson Sentinels during WWII, L-19s in the Korean War and C-7 Caribous in Vietnam!!!
And Lycoming sold it's gas-turbine engines to Honeywell DECADES ago!!! Just as Allison (General Motors) sold it's gas-turbines engines to Rolls Royce!!!
I was not born yesterday!!!
I do not claim to be a brain surgeon but on this forum I am the aviation expert!!!
Oh, do you know who is making Franklin aircraft engines? POLAND!!! The original engines for the OH-13 (Korean War MASH helicopters) where Franklins!!! The OH-13s did not switch to the Lycoming engines until the late 1950s that on the H-model OH-13 that they switched to the Lycoming engines!!!
Oh, the Tucker car used ..... Franklin engines!!!
Why so upset? Can't you have a healthy peaceful discussion? Are you upset because I asked simple questions? You're very good at the mechanics of aviation, but that is but one part of the equation. And what is amazing is that you claim you've answered all my questions. You haven't. You've mostly supplied answers to questions I did not pose. But that doesn't matter. What did I say that provoked the following ? "but on this forum I am the aviation expert!!!". Do tell.

A mentor of mine once told me : "It's not the statement you make on any subject that will stump an opponent, it's the nature of the questions". Bingo, touché.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
The air traveling public is just going to have to someday come to the realiztion that the airlnes will leave them in the lurch and sleeping on cots or on the foor in airport terminals when the weather gets bad.
Better safe than sorry.
loose
How do you propose going from the east to the west coast without spending 4x2 days in a train? How do you propose getting to Europe or Africa or Asia, ocean liners having been phased out except for repositioning cruises? How do you propose doing all that travelling with so little time, what with a worker's average 2-week per year vacation?

I don't look down on people sleeping on airport terminal floors, saying "that'll show you". I feel sorry for them, as most are working stiffs using the little vacation money they have to fly home or to visit loved ones, using what little vacation days they have. What's the alternative? What is your solution?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
You predicted that the inflation rate would be over 6% in 2012. The actual inflation rate was 2.07%. Your prediction was off by
289 PERCENT.
As for Carter printing 500 billion dollars in his four years of office. Why don't you tell us about Reagan printing 700 billion dollars in his first term and another 700 billion in his second term of office?
You are always preaching to us that increase on money supply (M2) will result in higher inflation then how come Reagan printed 1.4 trillion dollars in eight years and the inflation rate was 4.08 PERCENT in 1988?
1. More wrong predictions by Rogue. Oh Hum. Add to that his prediction on the sure collapse of the DJIA in Sept, Nov and spring of 2013. Not his fault, though, his broker misled him. He has another prediction this morning on financial apocalypse and he hopes it will happen, just to spite that Obama guy. Rogue is much like the scientist who predicted the end of the world due to a huge meteorite and is inconsolable because his calculations were wrong and it didn't happen;

2. As to your 289%, LMAO (LRS tm reg'd), let's see if math wizard LRS will be correcting that;

3. It's okay, Rogue will tell you that Reagan was a liberal in conservative clothing, a country clubber and therefore it's natural that he printed so much money;

Oui, plus Rogue change, plus Rogue reste le même.
Citizen org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Spies vs. Gamers: Docs Show NSA Infiltrates Digital Playlands
NSA and GCHQ collect gamers' chats and deploy real-life agents into World of Warcraft and Second Life, report news outlets
December 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/m5cgfkq

Orcs, witches, goblins, elves... and yes, NSA trolls.

New internal NSA documents made available by whistleblower Edward Snowden and reported on by the Guardian, New York Times, and Pro Publica on Monday reveal that in addition to previous revelations, the U.S. spy agency has been systematically monitoring the digital landscapes of World of Warcraft, Second Life, and other console and computer games by "conducting surveillance and scooping up data in the online games played by millions of people across the globe."

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/12/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why so upset? Can't you have a healthy peaceful discussion? Are you upset because I asked simple questions? You're very good at the mechanics of aviation, but that is but one part of the equation. And what is amazing is that you claim you've answered all my questions. You haven't. You've mostly supplied answers to questions I did not pose. But that doesn't matter. What did I say that provoked the following ? "but on this forum I am the aviation expert!!!". Do tell.
A mentor of mine once told me : "It's not the statement you make on any subject that will stump an opponent, it's the nature of the questions". Bingo, touché.
That is your problem is that you cannot ask an intelligent question in this area.
Do you know how often helicopters crash? Only once!
Citizen org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Seymour Hersh Alleges Obama Administration Lied on Syria Gas Attack
http://tinyurl.com/krc2gat / Dec. 8, 2013
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh has dropped yet another bombshell allegation: President Obama wasn't honest with the American people when he blamed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for a sarin-gas attack in that killed hundreds of civilians.
In early September, Secretary of State John Kerry said the United States had proof that the nerve-gas attack was made on Assad's orders. "We know the Assad regime was responsible," President Obama told the nation in an address days after this revelation, which he said pushed him over the "red line" in considering military intervention.
But in a long story published Sunday for the London Review of Books, Hersh — best known for his exposés on the cover-ups of the My Lai Massacre and of Abu Ghraib – said the administration "cherry-picked intelligence," citing conversations with intelligence and military officials.
http://www.thewire.com/national/2013/12/seymo...
Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Citizen org wrote:
Spies vs. Gamers: Docs Show NSA Infiltrates Digital Playlands
NSA and GCHQ collect gamers' chats and deploy real-life agents into World of Warcraft and Second Life, report news outlets
December 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/m5cgfkq
Orcs, witches, goblins, elves... and yes, NSA trolls.
New internal NSA documents made available by whistleblower Edward Snowden and reported on by the Guardian, New York Times, and Pro Publica on Monday reveal that in addition to previous revelations, the U.S. spy agency has been systematically monitoring the digital landscapes of World of Warcraft, Second Life, and other console and computer games by "conducting surveillance and scooping up data in the online games played by millions of people across the globe."
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/12/...
Maybe they are scouting for star-fighter pilots to battle zombies from outer space?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Citizen org wrote:
Seymour Hersh Alleges Obama Administration Lied on Syria Gas Attack
http://tinyurl.com/krc2gat / Dec. 8, 2013
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh has dropped yet another bombshell allegation: President Obama wasn't honest with the American people when he blamed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for a sarin-gas attack in that killed hundreds of civilians.
In early September, Secretary of State John Kerry said the United States had proof that the nerve-gas attack was made on Assad's orders. "We know the Assad regime was responsible," President Obama told the nation in an address days after this revelation, which he said pushed him over the "red line" in considering military intervention.
But in a long story published Sunday for the London Review of Books, Hersh — best known for his exposés on the cover-ups of the My Lai Massacre and of Abu Ghraib – said the administration "cherry-picked intelligence," citing conversations with intelligence and military officials.
http://www.thewire.com/national/2013/12/seymo...
Not sure I understand. Did Assad order the attacks or not? Did Assad gas his people and the rebels or did he not? If his generals did this without his knowledge, where does the buck stop? And, when Obama said it was Assad, and the Europeans originated that scenario, I believe, is that not what was thought to be a fact at the time? Lastly, what does it matter who ordered it? It was done by the Syrian regime and I'm sure those poor civilians who died a horrible death, not to mention the still-suffering victims, don't give a hoot who amongst the Syrian leadership ordered it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
289 PERCENT.
Yes, I did. But I did not anticipate Bernanke starting QE3 in September 2012.
Increasing money supply is not the same as Quantitative Easing.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they are scouting for star-fighter pilots to battle zombies from outer space?
Anecdote on Starfighters. I think it was 1957. Ottawa was inaugurating its new "state-of-the-art" airport, with a fully-glassed terminal allowing a total vista of the tarmac and airplanes. There was an official ceremony and, as a show-stopper, an F-104 Starfighter broke the sound barrier, thereby shattering and breaking to pieces practically every terminal window. Needless to say, it ended the revelries right there. It apparently took over 3 months before the huge and smaller glass panes were replaced.
Citizen org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Not sure I understand. Did Assad order the attacks or not? Did Assad gas his people and the rebels or did he not? If his generals did this without his knowledge, where does the buck stop? And, when Obama said it was Assad, and the Europeans originated that scenario, I believe, is that not what was thought to be a fact at the time? Lastly, what does it matter who ordered it? It was done by the Syrian regime and I'm sure those poor civilians who died a horrible death, not to mention the still-suffering victims, don't give a hoot who amongst the Syrian leadership ordered it.
Seymour Hersh is second to none and has an impeccable record regarding investigative journalism.

He brings out the point that our spy apparatus was quiet on Assad and yet Obama blamed him for the gas.

========

Seymour Hersh: Obama "Cherry-Picked" Intelligence on Syrian Chemical Attack to Justify U.S. Strike / December 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/kl78q6s
Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh joins us to discuss his new article casting doubt on the veracity of the Obama administration’s claims that only the Assad regime could have carried out the chemical attacks in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta earlier this year. Writing in the London Review of Books, Hersh argues that the Obama administration "cherry-picked intelligence to justify a strike against Assad." The administration failed to disclose it knew Syrian rebels in the al-Nusra Front had the ability to produce chemical weapons. Evidence obtained in the days after the attack was also allegedly distorted to make it appear it was gathered in real time.
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/9/seymour...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,681 - 160,700 of174,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min FACT 67,856
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 36 min andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 4 hr Guess what 6
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs