BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 213367 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#181477 Dec 6, 2013
Observer wrote:
I believe YOU people have forgotten the title of the thread...Let me remind you....Suit contesting Little Barry aka BHO's citizenship.......Get it?...Got it?...GOOD!
Who are you, the Topix gestapo?
Grand Birther

Painesville, OH

#181478 Dec 6, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>The Heritage Foundation was right, 23 years ago. But for people whom are devoid of history, it's understandable.
I wonder what the Heritage Foundation's stance on selling arms to Iranians was, as it was happening at the same time?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#181479 Dec 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Another lie was that the Democrats passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. A greater percentage of REPUBLICANS voted for it than Democrats!!!
The Civil Right Act of 1964 was not pushed by LBJ but by JFK who was assassinated before it could be voted on. LBJ tried to stop the vote but he could not because of the Northern Democrats. LBJ was a Southern Democrat RACIST!!!
LBJ a racist?

Let's look at his actions and see for yourself if he is a racist:

1. Appointed first Black on the U.S. Supreme Court (Thurgood Marshall)

2. Appointed first Black in the cabinet as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (Robert C. Weaver)

3. Signed Executive Order 11246, the first Executive Order that provides affirmative action guidelines:

"prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors and federally-assisted construction contractors and subcontractors that generally have contracts that exceed $10,000 from discriminating in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. It also requires covered contractors to take affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of their employment."

4. Signed into law Voting Rights Act of 1965.

5. Signed into law Civil Rights Act of 1968.

LBJ a racist? I don't think so.
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#181480 Dec 6, 2013
Citizen org wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP freshmen, big-bucks donors hobnob at resort
Tea Bags Sold Out To Wall Street
March 16, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/85yw3o9
In 2010, many freshmen Republicans were swept into Congress on the promise of doing things differently.
But fast-forward to 2012, and the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, Fla.-- an exclusive seaside resort and home to 54 holes of championship golf and a private marina full of luxury yachts.
"Book your Key Largo getaway now," reads the invitation, obtained by CBS News. The hosts are veteran congressmen Spencer Bachus, of Alabama, Pete Sessions, of Texas, "and 12 of your favorite Republican freshmen!"
The 12: Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
Congressmen Canseco and Gardner were seen on camera heading in to host happy hour. To get in, donors had to pay at least $10,000.
During his campaign, Gardner promised average voters would inspire his actions. One ad said, "I will always put Colorado families before the Washington special interests."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-573986...
--------
FreedomWorks is closely tied to its founder, corporate lobbyist and former Republican Congressman Dick Armey, whose former lobbying firm DLA Piper that he resigned in August 2009, represents Bristol Myers Squibb, among other pharmaceutical companies.
The Wall Street front group FreedomWorks is mobilizing get out the vote efforts for Brown this weekend. FreedomWorks organized the very first tea party protests, and has used its extensive staff and resources to mobilize rallies and advocacy campaigns on behalf of corporate interests. Dick Armey, who as a corporate lobbyist represented AIG, Lehman Brothers, and Merrill Lynch during the bailouit, is the leader of FreedomWorks. FreedomWorks is also funded and chaired by Steve Forbes and Frank Sands of Sands Capital Management.
– The Wall Street front group Club for Growth is strongly “boosting” Brown and is expected to run ads in support for him. According to recent disclosures, the Club for Growth is funded by a $1.4 million dollar donation from investor Stephen Jacksons of Stephens Groups Inc, a $1.4 million dollar donation from broker Richard Gilder, and $210,000-$630,000 donations from at least 10 other investors and financial industry professionals. The Club is also supporting a slate of candidates to repeal health reform, while its other endorsed candidates have opposed a financial truth commission
---------
Yeah, not really sure why you posted this in response to anything I posted. Who cares?
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#181481 Dec 6, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what? Now you continue to be an ignorant bigot whining about how "if Blacks were smart ..., too bad they aren't .... Gee why don't Blacks find my bigoted rants attractive"
Gee, I don't know why you think I care if blacks or anyone else find my post "attractive". I am just posting facts about who is actually harming the black population. It's common knowledge, there is not only a lot of material to read on it but there are actually black American's with websites of their own that try to constantly educate blacks on the very thing I posted. It's not like it's just a "white thing" to know that Dems have never had the best interest of blacks at heart and have only thrown them treats to get their vote and then like Obama, do nothing for them after the fact. Blacks being educated about the Democratic party and the history of the party where blacks are concerned is not something that does me any good....it's for their benefit to know. Hell if anything I'm just trying to educate which is more than a lot of black teachers are trying to do. You're welcome!
Learn to Read

United States

#181482 Dec 6, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I don't know why you think I care if blacks or anyone else find my post "attractive". I am just posting facts about who is actually harming the black population. It's common knowledge, there is not only a lot of material to read on it but there are actually black American's with websites of their own that try to constantly educate blacks on the very thing I posted. It's not like it's just a "white thing" to know that Dems have never had the best interest of blacks at heart and have only thrown them treats to get their vote and then like Obama, do nothing for them after the fact. Blacks being educated about the Democratic party and the history of the party where blacks are concerned is not something that does me any good....it's for their benefit to know. Hell if anything I'm just trying to educate which is more than a lot of black teachers are trying to do. You're welcome!
Blather on fool. Your bigotry shows through every post

Ottawa

#181483 Dec 6, 2013
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
LBJ a racist?
Let's look at his actions and see for yourself if he is a racist:
1. Appointed first Black on the U.S. Supreme Court (Thurgood Marshall)
2. Appointed first Black in the cabinet as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (Robert C. Weaver)
3. Signed Executive Order 11246, the first Executive Order that provides affirmative action guidelines:
"prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors and federally-assisted construction contractors and subcontractors that generally have contracts that exceed $10,000 from discriminating in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. It also requires covered contractors to take affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of their employment."
4. Signed into law Voting Rights Act of 1965.
5. Signed into law Civil Rights Act of 1968.
LBJ a racist? I don't think so.
But, with Rogue, it's all about prejudice, perception, fabrication, lies, Wmd.com (had to insert that one), propaganda, rumours, calumny and race. But just think of it, if one is overflowing with the aforementioned garbage and vitriol, one is bound to believe oneself, specially when it's been looped in the birther world and returned to its originator. "I knew it,", says Rogue, "it's true, LBJ WAS a George Wallace/Lester Maddox racist. Why, I bet even Jimmy peanut man Carter was a closet racist".

Ottawa

#181484 Dec 6, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know why you think I care if blacks or anyone else find my post "attractive". I am just posting facts about who is actually harming the black population. It's common knowledge, there is not only a lot of material to read on it but there are actually black American's with websites of their own that try to constantly educate blacks on the very thing I posted. It's not like it's just a "white thing" to know that Dems have never had the best interest of blacks at heart and have only thrown them treats to get their vote and then like Obama, do nothing for them after the fact. Blacks being educated about the Democratic party and the history of the party where blacks are concerned is not something that does me any good....it's for their benefit to know. Hell if anything I'm just trying to educate which is more than a lot of black teachers are trying to do. You're welcome!
You wrote : "I'm just trying to educate"

LMAO (LRS/Phil Shifley tm reg'd). Suffice to say, no further comment.
ignorant bigot

United States

#181485 Dec 6, 2013
If Blacks had any intelligence they would vote for Republicans

The fact that Blacks generally don't vote for Republicans proves that they aren't intelligent

I can't understand why Blacks aren't persuaded by my argument. Must just be another sign of ignorance ...
Observer

Lucerne, CA

#181486 Dec 6, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you, the Topix gestapo?
Answer a Question with a question...Obviously forgot the topic of the thread...Well Look to the Bold print under original title at the top of your page.. Answer my question and then I will answer yours....
I see the usual "Geniuses" ... How goes it you crazy bored Cannok?
Observer

Lucerne, CA

#181487 Dec 6, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Blather on fool. Your bigotry shows through every post
Does he or she not have the right to be a bigot?... Tell the "class"
He absolutely does. As you have the right the be an Idiot.
"class" dismissed
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#181488 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote : "I'm just trying to educate"
LMAO (LRS/Phil Shifley tm reg'd). Suffice to say, no further comment.
OMG you're right, I made a typo. Oh crap!!! Well now doesn't that just change the facts....

No wonder you vote Democrat.
Learn to Read

United States

#181489 Dec 6, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Does he or she not have the right to be a bigot?... Tell the "class"
He absolutely does. As you have the right the be an Idiot.
"class" dismissed
Of course you both have the right to be bigots. And I have the right to laugh at you when you're confused as to why people you repeatedly refer to as ignorant don't want to join your tree house

Perhaps you should have paid attention in class
Dale

United States

#181490 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
The Constitution was written for every person regardless as to his or her citizenship status.
Want proof?
How about case law?
"The fourteenth amendment to the constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens. It says:'Nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.' These provisions are universal in their application, to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction, without regard to any differences of race, of color, or of nationality; and the equal protection of the laws is a pledge of the protection of equal laws.... The questions we have to consider and decide in these cases, therefore, are to be treated as involving the rights of every citizen of the United States equally with those of the strangers and aliens who now invoke the jurisdiction of the court." Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 369 (1886)
"These provisious [14th Amendment] are universal in their application to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction, without regard to any differences of race, of color, or nationality; and the equal protection of the laws is a pledge of the protection of equal laws.' Applying this reasoning to the fifth and sixth amendments, it must be concluded that all persons within the territory of the United States are entitled to the protection guarantied by those amendments, and that even aliens shall not be held to answer for a capital or other infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law." Wong Wing v. U.S. 163 U.S. 228,238 (1896)
Want More?
LMAO! Read your Constitution, it was created for citizens (We the People), not we the aliens.
Now just for the fun if it, would you please tell us what jurisdiction is an alien under while visiting Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma? Now remember they have already had a free pass into the US.
Dale

United States

#181491 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
Let's turn to the United States Supreme Court for the answer:
"Appellants [i.e. LMAO DALE]argue at the outset that undocumented aliens, because of their immigration status, are not "persons within the jurisdiction" of the State of Texas, and that they therefore have no right to the equal protection of Texas law. We reject this argument. Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is surely a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. Aliens, even aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful, have long been recognized as "persons" guaranteed due process of law by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. Shaughnessy v. Mezei, 345 U.S. 206, 212 (1953); Wong Wing v. United States, 163 U.S. 228, 238 (1896); Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 369 (1886). Indeed, we have clearly held that the Fifth Amendment protects aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful from invidious discrimination by the Federal Government. Mathews v. Diaz, 426 U.S. 67, 77 (1976). Pyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202, 211 (1982)
I will await your well reasoned and pithy response. Sorry LMAO isn't a response.
LMAO!!! That is right all aliens in a state comes under the jurisdiction of that state, but they are never subject to the jurisdiction of the US Constitution.

Ottawa

#181492 Dec 6, 2013
Phil Shifley wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you're right, I made a typo. Oh crap!!! Well now doesn't that just change the facts....
No wonder you vote Democrat.
What typo?

I do? Didn't know non-U.S. citizens could vote in U.S. elections.
Dale

United States

#181493 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
The world according to LMAO Dale.
Every person who is not a citizen of the United States, resident aliens, foreign visitors, undocumented workers is not protected by the rights contained the the U.S. Constitution. As such, the government through its agents (police) can violate the Constitutional rights with imputy based on a person's citizenship status.
This is the world that LMAO Dale wants so badly.
LMAO!!! The State that an alien is in has jurisdiction. We have 50 State entities, they all have their own Constitution and laws, but they can't grant citizenship to the USA.
Dale

United States

#181494 Dec 6, 2013
LMAO Dale's view on citizenship and jurisdiction is very similar to Nuremberg Race Laws of NAZI Germany.
These laws instituted by the NAZIS excluding Jews from being German citizens and as such weren't protected by German laws.
Substitute aliens for jews and you have LMAO Dale's world.
He would fit right in NAZI Germany.
LMAO!!! Aliens while visiting this country come under the jurisdiction of the State that they are visiting, they have already been give a free pass into the borders of the USA.
Dale

United States

#181495 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It was written for the PEOPLE not just citizens.
"We the PEOPLE of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves [not just citizens] and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
-Preamble to the Constitution
LMAO!!! "We the people", are only the citizens, aliens are citizens of other nations and for them to become "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", they must be naturalized.
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#181496 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
What typo?
I do? Didn't know non-U.S. citizens could vote in U.S. elections.
Obviously you haven't been following our elections very closely!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,376,234
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min IB DaMann 58,904
Dear Abby 5-6-16 2 hr Kuuipo 6
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 3 hr Dfunk 425
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Ize Found 70,505
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr operation greylord 72,026
Amy 5-6-16 8 hr RACE 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages