BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#180207 Nov 22, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare
by Ralph Nader / November 22, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/mx8clqb
Dear America:
Costly complexity is baked into Obamacare. No health insurance system is without problems but Canadian style single-payer full Medicare for all is simple, affordable, comprehensive and universal.
In the early 1960s, President Lyndon Johnson enrolled 20 million elderly Americans into Medicare in six months. There were no websites. They did it with index cards!
Below please find 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare.
Repeal Obamacare and replace it with the much more efficient single-payer, everybody in, nobody out, free choice of doctor and hospital.
Love, Canada
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/11/22-1
***APPLAUSE***

This has been bothering me for years.

I will now provide affordable national health care in two sentences...

Move the starting age for medicaid down 5 or 10 years.
Next year, rinse and repeat until it hits zero.

TAA frickin DAA!

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#180208 Nov 22, 2013
Weird.

I could have sworn while wheeling through post I saw AL respond to one of my posts... don't know which one.

I am sure I saw it. The only thing that jumped out at me was that she called me "hacker". Like it was a bad thing.

The post seems to have vanished.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#180209 Nov 22, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
Allow me to add that the birth of the NSA and the DOHS were the harbingers of the last days.
Someday, If I am lucky enough to live that long... my grandchildren will be regaled with tales that will include the phrase...
"We called it America."
Or "Bye bye Miss American Pie"?

Don't fret, we of the whole wide world are all in the same boat.

Ottawa

#180211 Nov 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ...
like a LOT of mine DO!
Seems they have TOO MUCH TRUTH in them ...
;~)
So, you admit that Scrutiny's posts "have TOO MUCH TRUTH in them ...." There, now, was that so hard?
Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#180213 Nov 22, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
Weird.
I could have sworn while wheeling through post I saw AL respond to one of my posts... don't know which one.
I am sure I saw it. The only thing that jumped out at me was that she called me "hacker". Like it was a bad thing.
The post seems to have vanished.
Lay off the wicked weed.
Slick Willie

Jacksonville, FL

#180214 Nov 22, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Rouge, you won't get an argument from me. We completely agree here.
Where we differ is that you seem to be under the impression that it would be different under GOP rule.
This is a mere continuation of same ole'...
It has been like that since Reagan no matter who was in power. Maybe it was like that with him too. I may have just been too young to care.
My entire adult life... a wink and a nod followed by a cigar has been standard operating procedure in America.
Every President grabs a little more power... I began to realize what we called America was over when executive order started trumping all.
When Nixon was in the White House he was the one that was corrupt while most of his staff was not. Under Reagan it was Reagan and most of his staff was not corrupt but some of his staff where. Under Obama, Obama and all his staff are corrupt.
Obama makes me look like a choir boy!
Grand Birther

Painesville, OH

#180215 Nov 22, 2013
Slick Willie wrote:
Waxman wrote:
Anyone know what Obama's lie is for next week?
<quoted text>
I did not inhale and Monica did not swallow! And if your cigar starts to smoke, try a little KY jelly.
Rogue Dumbarse, your phallic obsession is showing again.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#180218 Nov 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ...
like a LOT of mine DO!
;~)
It happens to you frequently?
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#180219 Nov 22, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
a complaints, we like it. My wife's cold is persisting. She phoned her doctor at 11AM, saw him (replacing her regular doctor who takes Fridays off) at 1PM, got her prescription and is home. Cost of visit and prescription :$ ZERO. And no parking fees.
It's interesting that at its inception in 1965, proponents got hate mail, were threatened, insurance companies predicted the doom of our medical system and the populace was AGAINST medicare to the tune of over 60%. universal health care gets a 90%+ rating. ANY gov't that wants to diminish benefits or dismantle it is DOA at the next election.
sorry for cut

The same is true in the United Kingdom, even the conservative Tories love gov. healthcare.

It was truly unfortunate and sad how Obama capitulated to his centrist corporate Democrats in the House/Senate and implemented a Republican healthcare plan instead of Single Payer/Public Option.

-------

Top Ten Ways To Tell Your President & His Party Aren't Fighting For Health Care For Everybody / 07/29/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/mq4mbw
With the corporate media relentlessly distorting the public discussion around health care reform, it time for some clear, bright lines to help us tell who is doing what to whom, and whether any of it leads to health care for all of us. Here are ten of them.
Barack Obama and Democratic majorities in the House and Senate were swept into office on a promise they would deliver affordable and accessible health care for all Americans. But the corporate media journalism limits the national health care conversation to what insurance companies, drug companies, for-profit health care professionals, their executives, lobbyists and politicians of both parties and other hirelings have to say. So it isn't as easy as it ought to be to tell what the politicians are doing about accomplishing health care for everybody. Hence we offer these ten points. This is how you can tell whether your president and his party are fighting for the health care you deserve.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/...

The Journal: Profits Before Patients
Wendell Potter on how for-profit insurers hijack our health care system
07/30/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/oa2pxxb
http://video.pbs.org/video/1201678913

------

Who's Blocking Health Care Reform Now? Blue Dogs? Senate Dems? House Progressives? Or the White House Itself?/ Obama is not liberal
09/02/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ksxq3e
Anyone who can add knows Republicans are not blocking universal health care. The performances of Republican teabaggers at a few town halls notwithstanding, there are just not enough Republicans in the House and Senate to block anything. The president and his party can roll over Republican opposition any time they want to.
Blue dog Democrats aren't to blame for blocking the White House health care bills either. The political careers of many House blue dogs are the creation of White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, who as head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee dispensed them bags of corporate cash to win primary elections against left leaning Democrats. The interests that owned Rahm, and still do, own his successor at DCCC, so the blue dogs are White House puppies it can rein it any time it chooses.
If progressives like Donna Edwards can be blamed for blocking health care reform, it's only because they are choosing to follow the White House lead and settle for “health insurance reform” instead. The White House itself, and our First Black President are the biggest political obstacles to achieving health care for every American, along with the corporate media which controls the public debate.
http://blackagendareport.com/...

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#180220 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Or "Bye bye Miss American Pie"?
Don't fret, we of the whole wide world are all in the same boat.
That is exactly what bothers me the most.

The U.S. isn't supposed to be like the rest of the world.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#180221 Nov 22, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
***APPLAUSE***
This has been bothering me for years.
I will now provide affordable national health care in two sentences...
Move the starting age for medicaid down 5 or 10 years.
Next year, rinse and repeat until it hits zero.
TAA frickin DAA!
That is Single Payer.

Lower the Medicare age little by little until all Americans are covered.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#180222 Nov 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ...
like a LOT of mine DO!
;~)
OR, it might be that you have deleted your cookies and temp folder and it caused your post to disappear???
American Lady

Danville, KY

#180223 Nov 22, 2013
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and here is their website.
www.democrats.org
Even the demotard website is asking "Are You Still In", ROTFL, this just can't get any better! Or maybe it can! LOLOL,
Thanks!:)

AL says:
DO check out their website - QUITE Comical

1 - We’ll fly you out on us to celebrate what a great year it’s been for Democrats

http://www.democrats.org/

PAY 'special ATTENTION' to
THE
*on us*

part ...

:)

WHO do 'you' THINK
THAT
"means"

~-~
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#180224 Nov 22, 2013
From Democratic underground.com .
"JFK on unions: "Those who would cripple collective bargaining do a disservice to democracy.
August 9, 1960. The words reach across the past half century and speak eloquently tonight to the "dreamers" about the next half century:
Those who would destroy or further limit the rights of organized labor -- those who would cripple collective bargaining or prevent organization of the unorganized -- do a disservice to the cause of democracy.
Fifty years or so ago the American Labor Movement was little more than a group of dreamers, and look at it now. From coast to coast, in factories, stores, warehouse and business establishments of all kinds, industrial democracy is at work.
Employees, represented by free and democratic trade unions of their own choosing, participate actively in determining their wages, hours and working conditions. Their living standards are the highest in the world. Their job rights are protected by collective bargaining agreements. They have fringe benefits that were unheard of less than a generation ago.
Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours and provided supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor. But their work goes beyond their own jobs, and even beyond our borders."
Our unions have fought for aid to education, for better housing, for development of our national resources, and for saving the family-sized farms. They have spoken, not for narrow self-interest, but for the public interest and for the people."
==========
So much for JFK's "he hated the unions", to quote you. Where'd you get that idea?
"On unions, he built up a reputation of strong opposition to union corruption, especially in the Teamsters; he quietly kept on good terms with George Meany, the AFL-CIO leader, while avoiding Walter Reuther, the leader of the liberal wing of the AFL-CIO.
Kennedy had a pro-business reputation and sponsored policies such as tax cuts and low inflation that conservative businessmen wanted. On taking office he called for a "full-fledged alliance" with business. He did get into a brush-up with the steel industry when the steelmen broke their promise to him to keep prices down; that move made Kennedy more popular among the anti-business liberals, but Kennedy never proposed major legislation that business opposed. He named Douglas Dillon, a leading Republican businessman, as his Secretary of the Treasury. On dealing with unemployment, he never proposed New-Dealish programs but instead had a package that was acceptable to conservative Republicans."

I guess opposing the union corruption and his fight against the leadership could be interpreted as being anti-union, but he did support rank and file rights to organize. So I would have to redact that broad statement and say that he hated union leadership.

"On foreign policy he was a leading anti-Communist hawk; he won in 1960 by attacking Eisenhower's foreign policies as not aggressive enough. When elected he sent forces to invade Cuba and rollback Communism; he increased the military presence in Vietnam; he sent the Navy to confrontation with the Soviets in the Cuban Missile Crisis, forcing the Soviets to withdraw."
Escalating US involvement in Vietnam to stem the tide of the advancement of communism and the domino effect was important to Kennedy.
TrutherBirther

Waukesha, WI

#180225 Nov 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Someone should tell Obama.
...to go back to Hell or at least Kenya.
TrutherBirther

Waukesha, WI

#180226 Nov 22, 2013
Impeach the Kenyan-born Antichrist!
Truth Detector wrote:
Urgent, Obama is a traitor and a usurper!
http://www.trunews.com/Audio/11_18_13_monday_...
Posted by Cancer on the pResidency at 7:13 PM

Ottawa

#180227 Nov 22, 2013
Slick Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
When Nixon was in the White House he was the one that was corrupt while most of his staff was not. Under Reagan it was Reagan and most of his staff was not corrupt but some of his staff where. Under Obama, Obama and all his staff are corrupt.
Obama makes me look like a choir boy!
Rogue, Rogue, enough with the gibberish. Most of Nixon's staff was not corrupt? Did Mitchell, Libby, Erlichman, the other one, the chief of staff, and 6 or 7 others that went to jail. No corruption under Nixon? Reagan was not that corrupt. Why? Not out of goodness, he just had no idea what the hell was going on.

Obama : After 5 years in power, how many of his "ministers" or close aides have been indicted? One, two, five, ten? ZERO.

How can you actually make up such inanities, such enormous fabrications and actually post them? To become a birther, well, is it like the Liars' Club? Whoever tells the biggest whopper is named president? Well, you are hereby appointed president for life. You just beat Bokassa.

Ottawa

#180228 Nov 22, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue Dumbarse, your phallic obsession is showing again.
He has wet dreams about Clinton's penis, his girl friend has plasticized his sheets.

Ottawa

#180229 Nov 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
White House blocks access to Obama events, news groups say
BY ANITA KUMAR
McClatchy Washington BureauNovember 21, 2013 Updated 23 hours ago
WASHINGTON — The nation’s largest news organizations lodged a complaint Thursday against the White House for imposing unprecedented limitations on photojournalists covering President Barack Obama, which they say have harmed the public’s ability to monitor its own government.
The organizations accuse the White House of banning photojournalists from covering Obama at some events, and then later releasing its own photos and videos of the same events.
“Journalists are routinely being denied the right to photograph or videotape the president while he is performing his official duties,” according to a letter the organizations sent to the White House.“As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist’s camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the executive branch of government.”
Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/21/209352/...
YepperZ ...
you useful
*Idiots*
VOTED
for
THIS!
Not once
BUT
T~W~I~C~E
~-~
He IS a bad man. Any more miscellany you could dug up to serve your unchristian and communist hatred of the man?

Ottawa

#180230 Nov 22, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry for cut
The same is true in the United Kingdom, even the conservative Tories love gov. healthcare.
It was truly unfortunate and sad how Obama capitulated to his centrist corporate Democrats in the House/Senate and implemented a Republican healthcare plan instead of Single Payer/Public Option.
-------
Top Ten Ways To Tell Your President & His Party Aren't Fighting For Health Care For Everybody / 07/29/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/mq4mbw
With the corporate media relentlessly distorting the public discussion around health care reform, it time for some clear, bright lines to help us tell who is doing what to whom, and whether any of it leads to health care for all of us. Here are ten of them.
Barack Obama and Democratic majorities in the House and Senate were swept into office on a promise they would deliver affordable and accessible health care for all Americans. But the corporate media journalism limits the national health care conversation to what insurance companies, drug companies, for-profit health care professionals, their executives, lobbyists and politicians of both parties and other hirelings have to say. So it isn't as easy as it ought to be to tell what the politicians are doing about accomplishing health care for everybody. Hence we offer these ten points. This is how you can tell whether your president and his party are fighting for the health care you deserve.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/...
The Journal: Profits Before Patients
Wendell Potter on how for-profit insurers hijack our health care system
07/30/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/oa2pxxb
http://video.pbs.org/video/1201678913
------
Who's Blocking Health Care Reform Now? Blue Dogs? Senate Dems? House Progressives? Or the White House Itself?/ Obama is not liberal
09/02/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ksxq3e
Anyone who can add knows Republicans are not blocking universal health care. The performances of Republican teabaggers at a few town halls notwithstanding, there are just not enough Republicans in the House and Senate to block anything. House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, who as head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee dispensed them bags of corporate cash to win primary elections against left leaning Democrats.
If progressives like Donna Edwards can be blamed for blocking health care reform, it's only because they are choosing to follow the White House lead and settle for “health insurance reform” instead. The White House itself, and our First Black President are the biggest political obstacles to achieving health care for every American, along with the corporate media which controls the public debate.
http://blackagendareport.com/...
Obama had no choice but to sabotage Obamacare, even when he had that two-house majority. As you've often repeated, and it's so true, many democrats, beholden as per Repubs to the insurance company, doctors and pharmaceuticals and hospitals, could not pass a REAL medicare universal health plan. They would've lost a major portion of their electioneering funding. Hillary pushed her plan, also a hodgepodge of compromises, under the watchful eye of insurance companies who contributed generously to her campaigns from the NY senatorship to her run for presidential candidate. She had not choice, Obama had no choice.

Interesting your point on the UK conservative gov't loving universal health care. What about Merkel? Now, THERE'S a conservative. Easily re=elected last month, she diminishes univ health care by 1%, she's out next election.

The Ralph Nader list was interesting. Just think, these comparisons use Obamacare. Imagine how that comparison would fare if it was the OLD plan.

LoL, sorry, had to cut your post also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,154,064
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 49,208
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,023
New Beach Boys song. 6 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 7 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 9 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH