BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,920)

Showing posts 158,381 - 158,400 of174,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Obskeptic

Pleasant Ridge, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Harsh words, those. You really mean them?
What matters whether Iran can be trusted or not? As I opined to Scrutiny, what if they keep building their bomb while "negotiating" OR build their bomb with no negotiations? Result? The same. So, what's wrong with taking a risk, negotiating and see how it comes out. Intelligent, aware diplomacy will beat diplomacy any time.
To call your president a liar because 5 million our of 310 million will not keep their insurance? Even though Obamacare may offer, not in all cases, no, but in many cases, better insurance coverage? And, this plan is complex. Do you honestly think that Obama, the president, who has other things to administrate, SAW in the obamacare implementation that 5% would not keep their plans as promised , he SAW that and made that promise nonetheless knowing he'd eventually be found out? As I said earlier, are you gonna call the weatherman a liar if tomorrow's promised sun turns into rain?
In international treaties, no nation, including the U.S.A., can be trusted when its national interests are at stake. But, having said that, I would trust the U.S. before trusting Iran. That is why negotiations must be driven from a position of strength and, yes,...compromise. There is no diplomacy without compromise. When it's over, both sides have to have won. There must be no losers.
The places a country finds itself is because it was lead there Jacques. Maybe he didn't read the bill like everybody else, but I doubt that. Five million is a conservative number. Many more will lose their insurance before this mess runs its course. He is a liar and it was deliberate. Had he told everyone the truth, that they would be forced to give up their Chevy and have to buy a cadillac, and that it was going to cost them less, they wouldn't have believed him, because it defies reality, as es most liberalism. Symbolism over substance.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Jacques,
The reason why there is still lead in aviation fuel is because of stick-in-the-mud's like Senator Inhofe.
loose

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Jacques,
I am not giving that shyster from Oklahoma the benefit of the doubt.
He is bad news, and I will deliver.
loose

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

dont snow me wrote:
Liberals are so igonrant, they don't even know they're ignorant, the brainwashing is total and complete.
The fact that this thread exists implies that the Republicants are the ones confused.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that this thread exists implies that the Republicants are the ones confused.
A very small gaggle of Birfoons make a lot of noise. Waste a lot of court time. Prove their anger and their ignorance. The only fault in this matter to be placed on the vast majority of Republicans is their reluctance to tell the petulant whiny children to sit down and shut up

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Truth Detector wrote:
This is what a Muslim usurper and fraud wanted to happen!
MEDICAID FOR AL-QAEDA? Obamacare Flaw Allows Anyone on Earth to Fraudulently Enroll Through Healthcare.gov
Obama's easing of the non-citizen Medicaid enrollment process opens up Medicaid to being overwhelmed by fraud. This problem is compounded by the Navigator/Assister program being on the "honor system," and the scores of troubling Navigators/Assisters appearing on Healthcare.gov .(Also today, James O'Keefe reveals the inevitable results of this situation with an undercover sting operation.)
B.S Detector the president said he is a Christian.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

wichita lyin man wrote:
<quoted text>So, Ted Cruz is Cuban.
He maybe so it will be funny if he should tun for the White House. Now, will any Libtards object? What if Ted produces a DS-1350?
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_...
Both my mother's younger sister, born in St. Hohn, NB, Canada, and MY younger sister, born in Munich, Germany, have DS-1350s!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Before 2010 they issued DS-1350s!!!

The U.S. Department of State's rule on a foreign birth to one or more American parents is this:

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met.

What are those requirements? DOS continues:

The child's parents parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child's name.

Failure to promptly document a child who meets the statutory requirements for acquiring U.S. citizenship at birth may cause problems for the parents and the child when attempting to establish the child's U.S. citizenship and eligibility for the rights and benefits of U.S. Citizenship.

Where's that Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America? There isn't one. Yesterday, Cruz's spokesperson said he "never had to go through a naturalization process after birth to become a U.S. citizen." That means Cruz's parents never acquired a CRBA.

If he didn't, then he would have to go through the American naturalization process and thus clearly be ineligible to run for president under the constitution. Is Ted Cruz undocumented? Could the man who opposes all pathways to citizenship for undocumented immigrants not have documents himself?

Hmm. It's extremely unlikely anyone in power will actually challenge Cruz on his claim that he can run for president. For some reason it's considered rude to do so.

But it sure is delicious to have a very legitimate case building that a Cruz campaign would be illegal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Where's that Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America? There isn't one. Yesterday, Cruz's spokesperson said he "never had to go through a naturalization process after birth to become a U.S. citizen." That means Cruz's parents never acquired a CRBA.

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/13965/...
The person who posted this did get this one point wrong. Once you have a DS-1350/FS-240 you do not need to be naturalized as you are a citizen .... at birth!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Truth Detector wrote:
This is what a Muslim usurper and fraud wanted to happen!
MEDICAID FOR AL-QAEDA? Obamacare Flaw Allows Anyone on Earth to Fraudulently Enroll Through Healthcare.gov
Obama's easing of the non-citizen Medicaid enrollment process opens up Medicaid to being overwhelmed by fraud. This problem is compounded by the Navigator/Assister program being on the "honor system," and the scores of troubling Navigators/Assisters appearing on Healthcare.gov .(Also today, James O'Keefe reveals the inevitable results of this situation with an undercover sting operation.)
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S Detector the president said he is a Christian.
He has also said he was a Muslim but I think he is only politically religious and prays to Groucho Marx.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
The reason why there is still lead in aviation fuel is because of stick-in-the-mud's like Senator Inhofe.
loose
The reason why there is still lead in Aviation gasoline as you can not make 100 octane without it. 30% of all piston engined aircraft can not use less than 100 octane (100LL) but they use 70% of all Aviation grade gasoline because they use large highly turbocharged engines.
My planes engine is certified by Lycoming to run on ethanol-free 94UL but there is none approved by the FAA right now.
There are a few, less than 5%, of aircraft that are approved to run on 80/87 AvGas but few airports carry it. But running low compression engines on 100LL AvGas causes premature exhaust valve damage. I am thinking about buying a Cub-clone that would come with a 7.1:1 compression ration Continental O-200A engine and then have the pistons replaced with 8.5:1 compression ratio pistons but then it would be certified as an "experimental" engine which means it could not be used for commercial purposes nor be rented out. It would up the horse power from 100 hp to about 105-108 hp, increase the life span of the exhaust valves and get a little better fuel consumption (5%?) so there is always a trade off.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

The article at the top of the page that begins: "The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ..." was written back in 2008. That lawsuit---and EVERY birther appeal to the US Supreme Court--was turned down.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Children born in the US of alien parents acquire the citizenship and allegiance of their father's country of origin. Just a fact you will have to live with.
This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.
ALL children born in the USA except for the families of foreign diplomats acquire US citizenship at birth and foreign laws that may or may not confer dual citizenship do not affect either US citizenship or natural born status.

“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”

"Every child born in the United States is a natural-born United States citizen except for the children of diplomats.”---Senator Lindsay Graham (December 11, 2008 letter to constituents)

“What is a natural born citizen? Clearly, someone born within the United States or one of its territories is a natural born citizen.”(Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on OCTOBER 5, 2004)--Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT).

“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005)[Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]

"Some birthers imagine that there is a difference between being a “citizen by birth” or a “native citizen” on the one hand and a “natural born” citizen on the other.“Eccentric” is too kind a word for this notion, which is either daft or dishonest. All three terms are identical in meaning."---The Wall Street Journal ( http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297... )

More reading on the subject:

http://www.fredthompsonsamerica.com/2012/07/3...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...

http://www.obamabirthbook.com/http:/www.obama...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-cit...

http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_your_eviden...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Light Speed Engineering offer pistons for the Continental O-200 up to a ratio of 9.4:1 which would up the horse power from 100 hp to about 115-118 hp.
They also make dual electronic ignition systems which would also give a little boost in hp and fuel consumption but you would be stuck with 100LL Avgas.

http://www.lightspeedengineering.com/Services...

If I keep the compression at or below 8.5:1 I could use ethanol-free 93UL AutoGas. Of course it could only be used for non-commercial (private) flying.

Oh, believe it or not they do have racing airplanes that use the little Continental O-200 engine. Yes, at Reno all you see on TV is the Big Boys (Unlimited Class) but they do have other classes that race ..... but do not get TV time.

Formula One Air Racing
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Formula One Air Racing is an American motorsport that involves small aircraft using engines up to 200 cubic inches in displacement. Racers can reach speeds over 200 mph.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_Air_...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

I find it humorous how people who have never worked at one of our embassies pretend to know all about citizenship requirements.

For those of us on station currently, it is great fun to read their mistakes and bitterness.

If you would like to know more, ask and I will be happy to deflate your conspiracy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Wittman DFA

The Wittman DFA aka Little Bonzo is a homebuilt racing aircraft designed to compete in midget racing.

The Wittman DFA is a mid-winged conventional geared aircraft built from a welded steel tube fuselage with aircraft fabric covering and wooden wing construction. The DFA differs slightly from Bonzo with a smaller tail surface, a longer tail and a larger canopy. In 1968, the engine was replaced with a Continental O-200 to compete under new race rules.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittman_DFA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

I know, I know, La Jacqueau doesn't think I know anything about aviation and I am just a helicopter driver. That means he should be able to fly a helicopter with three days training!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
He has also said he was a Muslim but I think he is only politically religious and prays to Groucho Marx.
When did the President state he was a Muslim?

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
He maybe so it will be funny if he should tun for the White House. Now, will any Libtards object? What if Ted produces a DS-1350?
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_...
Both my mother's younger sister, born in St. Hohn, NB, Canada, and MY younger sister, born in Munich, Germany, have DS-1350s!!!
Sorry, I fail to see the Obama/Cruz parallel.

Cruz is in a completely different situation. He really was not born here. If "libtards" object it would seem they have grounds to. The way I understand it Ted can be a citizen. He can hold any office but president.

The DS-1350 doesn't seem to change that at all. It verifies American citizenship, it doesn't change where he was born.

I believe Obama started the whole birther thing to draw attention from the fact that he ran ABSENT a platform. Seemed to sufficiently fool people... Hell, they are still chasing their tails.

I don't know Rouge.

How does a DS-1350 change where you were born?

To me it seem that the DS-1350 is definitive proof he can't be president.

Guess that is my answer..

"What if Cruz produces a DS 1350?"

- absolutely nothing. We already know he is a citizen.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
How many bad guys were involved in the ambush? We don't know but we do know that three were killed. It was the bad guys who put innocent people in harms way and the prosecution of the Blackwater people was based solely on POLITICS!!!
Just like the Geo. Zimmerman case. Politic and not law.
Blackwater Baghdad shootings
The FBI investigation found that, of the 17 Iraqis killed by the guards, at least 14 were without cause
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_Baghd...
Wasn't Blackwater helping snatch up people's guns post Katrina?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,381 - 158,400 of174,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min Yumpin Yimminy 67,815
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 34 min Corrupt Democrats 1,849
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 39 min edogxxx 97,502
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 39 min Grey Ghost 1,077,553
Abby 7-22 42 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-22 43 min edogxxx 1
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 1 hr bensleys thoughts 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••