BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 213050 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

wichita lyin man

Hoffman Estates, IL

#179320 Nov 13, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Children born in the US of alien parents acquire the citizenship of their fathers, just as children born outside US limits of US citizens are US citizens.
Nor can it be doubted that it is the inherent right of every independent nation to determine for itself, and according to its own constitution and laws, what classes of persons shall be entitled to its citizenship.
So, Ted Cruz is Cuban.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#179321 Nov 13, 2013
Jacques,

"The NTSB has primacy in investigating every civil aviation accident in the United States. The FAA is always a party to these investigations, but the NTSB is the investigating agency"
Frank

Spokane, WA

#179322 Nov 13, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems your principal anatomical interests are Clinton's penis and young female soldiers' periods and their sanitary napkins.
I was Infantry,so we never had female soldiers.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#179323 Nov 13, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I was Infantry,so we never had female soldiers.
Funny, my post was addressed to Rogue's obsessions.

<quoted text>
Seems your principal anatomical interests are Clinton's penis and young female soldiers' periods and their sanitary napkins.

Ottawa

#179324 Nov 13, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
"The NTSB has primacy in investigating every civil aviation accident in the United States. The FAA is always a party to these investigations, but the NTSB is the investigating agency"
The NTSB is pretty much independent of gov't and airline industry, whereas the FAA is "owned", lock stock and barrel, by the airline industry. The FAA is tasked with imposing NTSB guidelines on airlines following accidents. It often does not, or when it does order remedial or safety measures, the FAA gives airlines months and years to implement them. The latest, the 787 battery problems, is but one example.

Ottawa

#179325 Nov 13, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacqves,
I take no delight in the death of any man.
However, in the Inhofe the Younger's case I will not lose a wink of sleep.
He had no business flying that jet. The man was incompetent and he proved it in flying colors.
loose
Do you have surgeon envy?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Phoenix, AZ

#179326 Nov 13, 2013
TrutherBirther wrote:
<quoted text>If you had paid attention in HS Civics the "natural-born Citizen" requirement to even run for Prez was explained in full. BOTH parents must have been U.S. citizens at the time of birth on U.S. soil(not at some private facility in Panama or in Mombassa, Kenya). POS Obama isn't even American much less natural-born. Please Mr. B.H. Obama kill yourself so some patsy doesn't have to. Impeach the Kenyan-born Antichrist!
According to binding precedent set forth in Ark (and reiterated in Elg - jus soli rule), a child of aliens born in the US is a natural born citizen. Your HS civics teacher was either misinformed, or you did not understand what she was saying.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Persons born in the US owe allegiance to the US unless children of foreign diplomats. Been that way since day 1 of the republic.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#179327 Nov 13, 2013
Jacques,
It is significant because Senator Inhofe, the Eldor, is a heavyweight in the field of aviation.
However, because the NTSB in command of the investigation, there will be no arm twisting of the FAA or the doctoring of any reports by the United States Congressman from Oklahoma.
There will be a prelimanry report issued by the NTSB in about on weeks time.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Phoenix, AZ

#179328 Nov 13, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Tinker Bell!!! You really should find out what a comma is used for.
Right, neither Bingham, Howard, nor Trumbull understood the comma, nor did the appellate courts and supreme court.

LOL.

The law shouldn't be read by people who are birthers, fools, who couldn't pass middle school English.

If birfoon Dale can read, he should notice I have used the comma in the same manner as did Sen. Howard. All three, birthers, fools, and (persons) who couldn't pass middle school English refer to the same object (people who possess all three characteristics).

In Howard's, statement,(born) foreigners,(born) aliens, and (persons) who belong to the families of ambassadors are predicated of the same object, i.e., persons excluded from birthright citizenship.

Grow up Dufus, you're out of your league.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic irony as Dufus doesn't comprehend the sentence. Does Dufus ever wonder why no one after ratification of the 14th understood the comma according to Play Law English?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#179329 Nov 14, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>Your cowardice and stupidity is leaping off the page. I guess all non cowardly libs don't use Topix. If there are any, anywhere.
Another moron spouting "all members of group x are evil, the fact that you don't agree with me proves you are a member if group x" drivel. Just what this thread needed.

Blather on fool. You are as worthless as the other extremists who regularly fill pages here with similar tripe
Obskeptic

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#179330 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Harsh words, those. You really mean them?
What matters whether Iran can be trusted or not? As I opined to Scrutiny, what if they keep building their bomb while "negotiating" OR build their bomb with no negotiations? Result? The same. So, what's wrong with taking a risk, negotiating and see how it comes out. Intelligent, aware diplomacy will beat diplomacy any time.
To call your president a liar because 5 million our of 310 million will not keep their insurance? Even though Obamacare may offer, not in all cases, no, but in many cases, better insurance coverage? And, this plan is complex. Do you honestly think that Obama, the president, who has other things to administrate, SAW in the obamacare implementation that 5% would not keep their plans as promised , he SAW that and made that promise nonetheless knowing he'd eventually be found out? As I said earlier, are you gonna call the weatherman a liar if tomorrow's promised sun turns into rain?
In international treaties, no nation, including the U.S.A., can be trusted when its national interests are at stake. But, having said that, I would trust the U.S. before trusting Iran. That is why negotiations must be driven from a position of strength and, yes,...compromise. There is no diplomacy without compromise. When it's over, both sides have to have won. There must be no losers.
The places a country finds itself is because it was lead there Jacques. Maybe he didn't read the bill like everybody else, but I doubt that. Five million is a conservative number. Many more will lose their insurance before this mess runs its course. He is a liar and it was deliberate. Had he told everyone the truth, that they would be forced to give up their Chevy and have to buy a cadillac, and that it was going to cost them less, they wouldn't have believed him, because it defies reality, as es most liberalism. Symbolism over substance.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#179331 Nov 14, 2013
Jacques,
The reason why there is still lead in aviation fuel is because of stick-in-the-mud's like Senator Inhofe.
loose

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#179332 Nov 14, 2013
Jacques,
I am not giving that shyster from Oklahoma the benefit of the doubt.
He is bad news, and I will deliver.
loose

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#179333 Nov 14, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
Liberals are so igonrant, they don't even know they're ignorant, the brainwashing is total and complete.
The fact that this thread exists implies that the Republicants are the ones confused.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#179334 Nov 14, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that this thread exists implies that the Republicants are the ones confused.
A very small gaggle of Birfoons make a lot of noise. Waste a lot of court time. Prove their anger and their ignorance. The only fault in this matter to be placed on the vast majority of Republicans is their reluctance to tell the petulant whiny children to sit down and shut up

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#179335 Nov 14, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
This is what a Muslim usurper and fraud wanted to happen!
MEDICAID FOR AL-QAEDA? Obamacare Flaw Allows Anyone on Earth to Fraudulently Enroll Through Healthcare.gov
Obama's easing of the non-citizen Medicaid enrollment process opens up Medicaid to being overwhelmed by fraud. This problem is compounded by the Navigator/Assister program being on the "honor system," and the scores of troubling Navigators/Assisters appearing on Healthcare.gov .(Also today, James O'Keefe reveals the inevitable results of this situation with an undercover sting operation.)
B.S Detector the president said he is a Christian.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#179336 Nov 14, 2013
wichita lyin man wrote:
<quoted text>So, Ted Cruz is Cuban.
He maybe so it will be funny if he should tun for the White House. Now, will any Libtards object? What if Ted produces a DS-1350?
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_...
Both my mother's younger sister, born in St. Hohn, NB, Canada, and MY younger sister, born in Munich, Germany, have DS-1350s!!!

Location hidden

#179337 Nov 14, 2013
Before 2010 they issued DS-1350s!!!

The U.S. Department of State's rule on a foreign birth to one or more American parents is this:

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met.

What are those requirements? DOS continues:

The child's parents parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child's name.

Failure to promptly document a child who meets the statutory requirements for acquiring U.S. citizenship at birth may cause problems for the parents and the child when attempting to establish the child's U.S. citizenship and eligibility for the rights and benefits of U.S. Citizenship.

Where's that Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America? There isn't one. Yesterday, Cruz's spokesperson said he "never had to go through a naturalization process after birth to become a U.S. citizen." That means Cruz's parents never acquired a CRBA.

If he didn't, then he would have to go through the American naturalization process and thus clearly be ineligible to run for president under the constitution. Is Ted Cruz undocumented? Could the man who opposes all pathways to citizenship for undocumented immigrants not have documents himself?

Hmm. It's extremely unlikely anyone in power will actually challenge Cruz on his claim that he can run for president. For some reason it's considered rude to do so.

But it sure is delicious to have a very legitimate case building that a Cruz campaign would be illegal.

Location hidden

#179338 Nov 14, 2013
Where's that Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America? There isn't one. Yesterday, Cruz's spokesperson said he "never had to go through a naturalization process after birth to become a U.S. citizen." That means Cruz's parents never acquired a CRBA.

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/13965/...
The person who posted this did get this one point wrong. Once you have a DS-1350/FS-240 you do not need to be naturalized as you are a citizen .... at birth!

Location hidden

#179339 Nov 14, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
This is what a Muslim usurper and fraud wanted to happen!
MEDICAID FOR AL-QAEDA? Obamacare Flaw Allows Anyone on Earth to Fraudulently Enroll Through Healthcare.gov
Obama's easing of the non-citizen Medicaid enrollment process opens up Medicaid to being overwhelmed by fraud. This problem is compounded by the Navigator/Assister program being on the "honor system," and the scores of troubling Navigators/Assisters appearing on Healthcare.gov .(Also today, James O'Keefe reveals the inevitable results of this situation with an undercover sting operation.)
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S Detector the president said he is a Christian.
He has also said he was a Muslim but I think he is only politically religious and prays to Groucho Marx.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Patriot AKA Bozo 58,797
Ask Amy 4-30-16 28 min Sublime1 3
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Homer 5,981
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,455
Probably the 5 best sentenses you'll ever read. 3 hr STAR R FascistTHUGS 12
The USA has the SUPER RICHEST..................... 3 hr Tami Tell Me True 49
Unbelieable, no wonder why the USA is going dow... 3 hr To Jerkface 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages