BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 239551 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Obskeptic

United States

#178925 Nov 10, 2013
Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men
(7.0 percent), adult women (6.4 percent), teenagers (22.2 percent),
whites (6.3 percent), blacks (13.1 percent), and Hispanics (9.1 percent)
showed little or no change in October. The jobless rate for Asians was
5.2 percent (not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year
earlier.(See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or
more) was little changed at 4.1 million in October. These individuals
accounted for 36.1 percent of the unemployed. The number of long-term
unemployed has declined by 954,000 over the year.(See table A-12.)

The civilian labor force was down by 720,000 in October. The labor
force participation rate fell by 0.4 percentage point to 62.8 percent
over the month. Total employment as measured by the household survey
fell by 735,000 over the month and the employment-population ratio
declined by 0.3 percentage point to 58.3 percent. This employment
decline partly reflected a decline in federal government employment.
(See table A-1.)

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons
(sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little
changed at 8.1 million in October. These individuals were working part
time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable
to find a full-time job.(See table A-8.)

In October, 2.3 million persons were marginally attached to the labor
force, little changed from 2.4 million a year earlier.(The data are
not seasonally adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor
force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job
sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed
because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the
survey.(See table A-16.)

Among the marginally attached, there were 815,000 discouraged workers
in October, essentially unchanged from a year earlier.(The data are
not seasonally adjusted.) Discouraged workers are persons not
currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available
for them. The remaining 1.5 million persons marginally attached to the
labor force in October had not searched for work for reasons such as
school attendance or family responsibilities.(See table A-16.)

This was cut and pasted from the Bureau of Labor Statistics reflecting the October report numbers. Evidence that our "leader" is solving nothing in regards to getting the economy back on track. A full year of stagnation at best, but he did play a lot of golf!
Obskeptic

United States

#178926 Nov 10, 2013
All that failure and what are the democrats focused on? Garnering a special set of rights for homosexuals and lesbians so when the republicans in the house fail to act on it, the democrats can point that righteous finger of theirs at them and accuse them of all sorts of horrible things. Then the propaganda arm of the democrat party we know as the alphabet soup media can repeat the lies over, and over, and over in an effort to deflect the reality that the democrats ACA, and the lies the president repeated over twenty times to the American people will hopefully shift the focus away from the fools who are working to destroy our healthcare and health insurance industry, democrats!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#178927 Nov 10, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
"He did not vote for Obama", you wrote. Care to clue everyone in as to how you know this? Remember, you did not guess or think or believe it, you STATED he did not vote for Obama.
He didn't vote for Obama or Clinton.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#178928 Nov 10, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am coming to realize that what is relevant to you, and what is relevant to the rest of the world are two very different things.
I can promise you. Ark exists. And it changed the interpretation of the constitution.
I can also promise you that not one case will be overturned because "Dale doesn't think Ark is relevant... your honor."
Not only is it relevant... it is all that is relevant when the term "natural born citizen" arises.
I am fully aware that if a law is unconstitutional, it should not be a law.
And eventually, if the SCOTUS finds it so... it won't be.
But covering your eyes and plugging your ears doesn't change what happens in the real world.
LMAO!!! Not only is Ark irrelevant, it is a violation of the Constitution and violations of the Constitution does not make law/precedent.

Section 2.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution.......

Sorry, but Ark was decided under English Common Law and English Common Law does not overrule Constitutional law.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#178929 Nov 10, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Find? Ha! Path knows the sewer lines of Ontario like the back of his hand.
Well GOCE should be over Northeaster Canada in another 30-40 minutes. It should be over the SE U.S. about 7:30 PM ET, if it is still in the air as that is the forecasted window.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#178930 Nov 10, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am coming to realize that what is relevant to you, and what is relevant to the rest of the world are two very different things.
I can promise you. Ark exists. And it changed the interpretation of the constitution.
I can also promise you that not one case will be overturned because "Dale doesn't think Ark is relevant... your honor."
Not only is it relevant... it is all that is relevant when the term "natural born citizen" arises.
I am fully aware that if a law is unconstitutional, it should not be a law.
And eventually, if the SCOTUS finds it so... it won't be.
But covering your eyes and plugging your ears doesn't change what happens in the real world.
LMAO!!! To change the interpretation of the Constitution, one must change the intent of the framers of the Constitution and its amendments. The Constitution and its amendments means the same today as they were when ratified, unless you have an amendment to counter their intent.
Now you see, we must find the intent and I have shown you the intent of Mr. Howard, how many times.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Phoenix, AZ

#178931 Nov 10, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
All that failure and what are the democrats focused on? Garnering a special set of rights for homosexuals and lesbians so when the republicans in the house fail to act on it, the democrats can point that righteous finger of theirs at them and accuse them of all sorts of horrible things. Then the propaganda arm of the democrat party we know as the alphabet soup media can repeat the lies over, and over, and over in an effort to deflect the reality that the democrats ACA, and the lies the president repeated over twenty times to the American people will hopefully shift the focus away from the fools who are working to destroy our healthcare and health insurance industry, democrats!
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Location hidden

#178932 Nov 10, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally in agreement with you.
The flip side of the Clinton coin is Rightwing Republican Senator Phil Gramm and Rightwing Speaker Newt Gingrich destroyed America by passing Gramm/Leach/Bliley , NAFTA, Telecommunications Act, just to name 3 big ticket items. All of which benefits the wealthy few who own most of Congress.
I find it very odd that Bush/Cheney never blamed Clinton for the collapse which they took part in for 8 years.
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But using Libtardian Logic, it is the president who signs the bills into law that takes the credit, or the discredit.
Damn, there goes that Libtardian Logic again. Sort of like a boomerang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NYHFofM0LqEXX
Oh goody, I got me another peanut from the peanut gallery and I just love peanuts as it tells me I jerked some Libtards chain.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178933 Nov 10, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Kris Kristofferson is a great guy and a patriot. He used to volunteer to help with the USO and always made sure to express his concern for the best interests of our country. Kris Kristofferson believes in America and the Bill of Rights and our constitution, and he knows that “freedom”,“honor”, and “duty” are more than just words. He did not vote for Obama.
unless you were in the voting booth with Kris, how would you know who he vote for??

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178934 Nov 10, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> Kris Kristofferson is a great guy and a patriot. He used to volunteer to help with the USO and always made sure to express his concern for the best interests of our country. Kris Kristofferson believes in America and the Bill of Rights and our constitution, and he knows that “freedom”,“honor”, and “duty” are more than just words. He did not vote for Obama.
Interesting that Kris didn't vote for President Obama considering his political views. He supported the Unite Farm workers, protested the first Gulf and Vietnam Wars

From an nterview in 91
What it is is your standard Kristofferson show. This particular week in early spring, amid the frenzy of national self-congratulation after the Persian Gulf war, he just happens to be playing Orange and San Diego counties, two of California’s more military-saturated areas.

For twenty-five years, Kris Kristofferson has been performing his own music in a surprising mix of appearances at state fairs and trendy urban clubs. Since 1972, when he did his first concert benefitting Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers, every show has included politically progressive songs and commentary, and his many benefits have helped the causes of Native Americans, human rights, peace, and environmental preservation.

At the concern in Anaheim, Kristofferson tells the standing-room-only crowd,“I want you to know I’m an Army brat; I was a captain in the Army and my brother was a jet pilot in the Navy.(Cheers). So I support our troops; I identify with them.(More cheers). But I sure as hell don’t identify with the bastards who sent them over there.”

http://www.rosajordan.com/kris.html

Location hidden

#178935 Nov 10, 2013
Oh oh, GOCE is coming up on NE Canada and it's since rate has speed up. It is now down to about 75 miles and it looks like it will reenter sooner than later.
It was about 100 miles (161 Km)five hours ago but it has lost 3 miles of altitude in just 20 the last twenty minutes.

Location hidden

#178936 Nov 10, 2013
Oh oh oh, NASA is not showing a track now!

Location hidden

#178937 Nov 10, 2013
Oh, they have a track on it and it looks like Jacqueau is safe. If it is still up at about 7:40 pm it should pass over SE U.S.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#178938 Nov 10, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Not only is Ark irrelevant, it is a violation of the Constitution and violations of the Constitution does not make law/precedent.

Section 2.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution.......

Sorry, but Ark was decided under English Common Law and English Common Law does not overrule Constitutional law.
Poor Dufus. Irrelevant, wrong and angry. A true triple threat

Location hidden

#178939 Nov 10, 2013
GOCE is crossing the Equator at 64 miles up, will pass off the west coast of Australia. Looks like it will come down over the southern Indian Ocean, Antarctica or Southern Atlantic.
I don't think it will make it over South America much less the U.S.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#178940 Nov 10, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dufus. Irrelevant, wrong and angry. A true triple threat
LMAO!!! Now that you have said that I'm irrelevant, how can I be a threat??? Are you afraid that people might start looking for the truth?

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#178941 Nov 10, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Not only is Ark irrelevant, it is a violation of the Constitution and violations of the Constitution does not make law/precedent.
Section 2.
And none of that prevents it from being used by the courts today. Regardless of what the Constitution says.

Recent legislation has all but killed entire amendments.

Patriot Act devastated the Bill of Rights.
Search and seizure are gone. Privacy too.
http://www.scn.org/ccapa/pa-vs-const.html

The NDAA has legitimized indefinite detention without cause. Ended due process...etc.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/01/18/why-th...

Why does this trivial crap bother you? There are actually righteous causes out there that don't involve conspiracy theories. They do it right out in the open. And neither side is screaming about it. Doesn't that tell you something?

I don't know, sometimes I expect more than I should.

How about the conspiracy to rob us of our wealth and steal our rights? The one that is occurring in real time, at this very moment. The one that ends America in every way that matters.

Why do we not have candidates running purely on a platform to destroy this legislation along with similar bills and laws? Quit hemorrhaging blood and overwhelming amounts of money in the Middle East. Use most of those funds to help solve our problems here, which are not insurmountable.

It is the absence of these men and women that give away the one party system. The true unity of those we want to think are at odds with each other.

You have a "them and us" attitude. You just have the line drawn in the wrong place. It is the elite vs those who wish to become elite.(their fellow Americans for the most part.) They have a club and you will never be a member, no matter how much you advertise for them.

There are no democratic and republican politicians. They are not loyal to you, me or anyone else. Wedge issues such as abortion or immigration are all that differentiate our politicians. They don't waiver on the mission.

Their jobs (if you pay attention) across party lines... are to make the world safe for business, banking, and cheap labor. Democracy where it is feasible to extend their grasp.

But hey... making sure someone born here with only one American parent doesn't get to be a citizen is time well spent too. Right?

Pdamerica org

Brooklyn, NY

#178942 Nov 10, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
GOCE is crossing the Equator at 64 miles up, will pass off the west coast of Australia. Looks like it will come down over the southern Indian Ocean, Antarctica or Southern Atlantic.
I don't think it will make it over South America much less the U.S.
The Media tells you the satellite will land in the Ocean and you believe it?

ROTFL LOL

Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#178943 Nov 10, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
And none of that prevents it from being used by the courts today. Regardless of what the Constitution says.
The NDAA has legitimized indefinite detention without cause. Ended due process...etc.
Why does this trivial crap bother you? There are actually righteous causes out there that don't involve conspiracy theories. They do it right out in the open. And neither side is screaming about it. Doesn't that tell you something?
How about the conspiracy to rob us of our wealth and steal our rights? The one that is occurring in real time, at this very moment. The one that ends America in every way that matters.
Why do we not have candidates running purely on a platform to destroy this legislation along with similar bills and laws? Quit hemorrhaging blood and overwhelming amounts of money in the Middle East. Use most of those funds to help solve our problems here, which are not insurmountable.
It is the absence of these men and women that give away the one party system. The true unity of those we want to think are at odds with each other.
You have a "them and us" attitude. You just have the line drawn in the wrong place. It is the elite vs those who wish to become elite.(their fellow Americans for the most part.) They have a club and you will never be a member, no matter how much you advertise for them.
There are no democratic and republican politicians. They are not loyal to you, me or anyone else. Wedge issues such as abortion or immigration are all that differentiate our politicians. They don't waiver on the mission.
Their jobs (if you pay attention) across party lines... are to make the world safe for business, banking, and cheap labor. Democracy where it is feasible to extend their grasp.
But hey... making sure someone born here with only one American parent doesn't get to be a citizen is time well spent too. Right?
And you claim Dale has a "us vs. them" attitude? Try reading your own post. Geezzzzz.

Ya gotta remember; before you accuse me, take a look at yourself! EC
Pdamerica org

Brooklyn, NY

#178944 Nov 10, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post and please forgive me for it is my intention to steal this: lol

Patriot Act vs. Constitution
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.”- Benjamin Franklin
http://tinyurl.com/28j7vm /

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min Cheech the Conser... 1,509,132
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 3 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 3 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 3 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages