BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178481 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points. Iran-Contra happened over twenty years ago.
Next, as usual your links did not work.
And you should change your name to "Oldrealnews"
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, not 20 years ago, but more like 30, yet you keep harping back to Jimmy Carter, who harks BEFORE Iran-Contra. Go figure. I know you'll have no reply to that. Don't bother.
There you go again. Do you knot know what "over" twenty years means? BTW, Iran-Contra was from 1985 until 1987 which is LESS THAN thirty years ago which means I am more correct than you are.
Nanny nanny boo boo!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#178482 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Remember when Nancy Pelosi said, "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it" ???
A physician called into a radio show and said "that's the definition of a Stool sample".
That pretty well sums it up ...... for me too !!!
Too bad she never said those words. That is the very definition of bullshyt
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178483 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Rogue News Flash :
The number of Americans who have gained a health plan is now : 55 million.
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche.
Ah, two points here AGAIN. First Obama was talking about Heath INSURANCE and Medicaid is NOT insurance on any kind but a form of .... welfare.
Next, this is the sign-up season and ObamaCare does not start until JANUARY FIRST 2014 so no one was gained anything!!!
Double Douche.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#178484 Nov 7, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Dale.
I am going to show you why you are wrong... then I am putting it to bed. The whole argument is moot. Obama is here and will not depart till 2016.
The comma isn't nearly important as the phrase "...in my opinion".
The supreme court disagreed with his opinion.
Again, this was a speech. Not law. And LAW is all that matters in this whole spun out attempt to change reality.
1889 Wong Kim Ark is the LAW.
Born here = Citizenship And that is all there is. As posted in #178318.
LAW from 1889 trumps a speech from 1866 every time.
It doesn't matter who is subject to what and where comma's land in an old speech.
Maybe, someday... the Supreme Court will change it's mind. But that day is not today. And until that day comes...
Ark is the law. All else is bullshit.
I would be happy to discuss whether we think it is wrong or not. However, I don't see much of a point. There are lots of laws that individuals think are wrong or unfair.
What I won't do is pretend that a speech trumps SCOTUS. That is where we venture into play law. And the only thing I like less than play law, is play science.
I won't waste my time. However, I do think that you dug as hard as you could for something...anything that would make Obama's presidency seem illegitimate. And you did a better job than I could have. That was as obscure as it gets.
Well done.
LMAO!!! Nice try, but no cigar!
The Globe is the Official record of congress, what Howard said was accepted in it entirety and became the law of the land in 1868.
Oh, the USSC didn't even refer to his opinion, they chose to use English common law and discarded Constitutional Law.
In short the USSC violated the Constitution and violations of the Constitution does not make law or precedent.
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178485 Nov 7, 2013
Gotta love them Marines.

Years ago, a young Navy Pilot was severely injured while ejecting from his A-4 Skyhawk due to engine failure during a catapult shot from the aircraft carrier, but due to the heroics of rescue helicopter and the ship's hospital staff, the only permanent injury was the loss of one ear.
Since he was now physically impaired he did not remain on flight status but eventually became an Admiral. However, during his career, he was always sensitive about his appearance.
One day, the Admiral was interviewing two Navy Master Chiefs and a Marine Sergeant Major for his personal staff.
The first Master Chief was a Surface Navy-type, and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview, the Admiral asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?" The Master Chief answered, "Why, yes, Admiral. I couldn't help but notice that you're missing your starboard ear, and I don't know whether this impacts your hearing on that side.
The Admiral got very angry at this lack of tact, and threw him out of his office
The next candidate, an Aviation Master Chief, when asked this same question, answered, "Well, yes, Sir. You seem to be short one ear." The Admiral threw him out, as well.
The third interview was with the Marine Sergeant Major. He was articulate, extremely sharp, and seemed to know more than the two Master Chiefs put together. The Admiral wanted this guy, but went ahead with the same question. "Do you notice anything different about me?"
To his surprise, the Sergeant Major said, "Yes, Sir. You wear contact lenses."
The Admiral was impressed, and thought to himself,'What an incredibly tactful Marine'. "And how would you know that?", the Admiral asked.
The Sergeant Major replied: "Well, Sir, it's pretty hard to wear glasses with only one f***'in' ear!"

Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178486 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Remember when Nancy Pelosi said, "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it" ???
A physician called into a radio show and said "that's the definition of a Stool sample".
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad she never said those words. That is the very definition of bullshyt
Do you know what to "paraphrase" something means? How about "quibbling"?
Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178487 Nov 7, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I like puss. You should have tried it before you went queer.
I went to my psychiatrist and told her I think I am actually a woman trapped inside a man's body and she asked me why I thought so and I told her every time I see a good looking woman, my tongue gets hard and sticks out.
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178488 Nov 7, 2013
One day I was talking to my psychiatrist and she asked me if I smoked after sex and I told her, "Not that I noticed"!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#178489 Nov 7, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is noting in the 14th Amendment that says that the US-born children of foreigners cannot be citizens or that the US-born children of foreigners cannot be Natural Born US Citizens. This is what Bingham, one of the authors of the 14th Amendment, said:
“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”
It seems that by 1869 he had changed his mind from what he said in 1866.
And here is what the author of the citizenship clause Senator Lyman Trumball said:
“By the terms of the Constitution he must have been a citizen of the United States for nine years before he could take a seat here, and seven years before he could take a seat in the other House ; and, in order to be President of the United States, a person must be a native-born citizen. It is the common law of this country, and of all countries, and it was unnecessary to incorporate it in the Constitution, that a person is a citizen of the country in which he is born…. I read from Paschal's Annotated Constitution, note 274:‘All persons born in the allegiance of the king are natural born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together.’ Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country as well as of England. There are two exceptions, and only two, to the universality of its application. The children of ambassadors are, in theory, born in the allegiance of the powers the ambassadors represent, and slaves, in legal contemplation, are property, and not persons.”—Sen. Trumbull, Cong. Globe. 1st Session, 42nd Congress, pt. 1, pg. 575 (1872)
LMAO!!! You still have show me how aliens and foreigners are born in the US.
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178490 Nov 7, 2013
Do you know what the first thing that comes out of an old helicopter pilot's love tool when he gets excited?
The wrinkles!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#178491 Nov 7, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is noting in the 14th Amendment that says that the US-born children of foreigners cannot be citizens or that the US-born children of foreigners cannot be Natural Born US Citizens. This is what Bingham, one of the authors of the 14th Amendment, said:
“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”
It seems that by 1869 he had changed his mind from what he said in 1866.
And here is what the author of the citizenship clause Senator Lyman Trumball said:
“By the terms of the Constitution he must have been a citizen of the United States for nine years before he could take a seat here, and seven years before he could take a seat in the other House ; and, in order to be President of the United States, a person must be a native-born citizen. It is the common law of this country, and of all countries, and it was unnecessary to incorporate it in the Constitution, that a person is a citizen of the country in which he is born…. I read from Paschal's Annotated Constitution, note 274:‘All persons born in the allegiance of the king are natural born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together.’ Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country as well as of England. There are two exceptions, and only two, to the universality of its application. The children of ambassadors are, in theory, born in the allegiance of the powers the ambassadors represent, and slaves, in legal contemplation, are property, and not persons.”—Sen. Trumbull, Cong. Globe. 1st Session, 42nd Congress, pt. 1, pg. 575 (1872)
LMAO!!! It really doesn't matter what either Bingham or Trumball stated after the ratification of the 14th amendment in 1868, it is now Constitutional Law or would you like to change that fact.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#178492 Nov 7, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
From L.A.Times. LMAO!
"We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad," Barack Obama. WTF?
ROTF!!!
So, we aren't supposed to discuss the past when it pertains to Bush's mistakes but it's okay to do it with President Obama, huh?

That Republicant duplicity is legendary.

How many books, articles and blogs are dedicated to George W. Bush making verbal blunders?

Some of my favorites:

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
--Yes, he was our President at the time; in Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

"They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

"You work three jobs?... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

But of all of them, and there are many, many more, this is my all time favorite (no, it is not the Mission Accomplished speech)

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#178493 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Tell us, Rogue. What kind of health plan do YOU have? Is it the same kind of plan as those 55 million Americans who, before Obamacare, had NO health plan? Why is yours so much better than the average citizen who has not served in the military? Were you physically OR psychologically injured?

#178494 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Fox News flash. The number of Americans who have lost their health care plans is now ..... 4.2 Million!
<quoted text>
No, it was not on Fox, it was on Fox News. You do know there is a difference, don't you? Fox is the comedy channel you Libtards watch The Simpsons and the Family Guy on.
Actually, I watch the American Forces Radio and Television Service shows.

Making those distinctions is pathetic, even for a Republicant.

Ottawa

#178495 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points. Iran-Contra happened over twenty years ago.
Next, as usual your links did not work.
And you should change your name to "Oldrealnews"
<quoted text>
There you go again. Do you knot know what "over" twenty years means? BTW, Iran-Contra was from 1985 until 1987 which is LESS THAN thirty years ago which means I am more correct than you are.
Nanny nanny boo boo!
Closer to 30 than 20 (1985 is 28 years, sonny). Reagan came in in 2000, when the Iran-Contra thing developed. That makes it 33 years. AND yet, that doesn`t keep you from taking shots at Carter, which is WAY OVER 30 years.

#178496 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Since you attempted to point out that there is a difference between Fox and Fox News, I offer this:

Nancy Pelosi did not say those words. This is her exact quote.

"You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

We have to pass the bill, so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

The next day, she reminded America that until the bill is passed, doubters cannot debunk it.

If it fails, it will be far less catastrophic than George W. Bush deregulating the finance industry or starting a war that was not needed.

Ottawa

#178497 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Owl Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what to "paraphrase" something means? How about "quibbling"?
Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hV-05TLiiLUXX
You have no idea what "paraphrasing" means, do you?
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178499 Nov 7, 2013
What!!!! Punish a Liberal for lying? How could they?!?
Why they should promote him to the state supreme court!!!

Stephen Glass finds tough audience at California Supreme Court

Stephen Glass

Stephen Glass, shown in 2003, faced skepticism from California Supreme Court justices Wednesday about whether he should be able to practice law. In the 1990s he was found to have fabricated a number of articles for national magazines.(CBS)
By Maura Dolan

November 6, 2013, 11:58 a.m.

SACRAMENTO -- The California Supreme Court appeared unwilling Wednesday to grant a law license to a former journalist who fabricated stories for national magazines but now says he is steadfastly honest.

During a hearing in Sacramento, several justices of the state high court indicated they were not convinced that Stephen Glass, 41, who concocted articles for the New Republic and other magazines in the mid-1990s, had shown enough evidence of rehabilitation to be permitted to practice law.

Justice Joyce L. Kennard spoke at length of articles that Glass had fabricated and the importance of honesty in the law.

Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye observed that Glass was involved in a “a depth of deception that was pretty sophisticated.”

Justice Marvin Baxter noted that Glass’ prior conduct was not an isolated incident, but a pattern “over a long period of time.”

Justice Ming W. Chin said Glass had benefited from his misconduct by earning money from a novel he wrote about his experience.

As the court’s leanings became increasingly clear, Glass appeared to slump in his chair. Dressed in a suit and tie, he was seated near the front of the ornate courtroom next to his fiancee. He declined to comment afterward and left the courthouse alone with his girlfriend, his hands in his pockets and his head down.

Glass wrote 42 magazine stories that were wholly or partially fabricated before he was caught in 1998. He was in his mid-20s. He made up phony notes, a fictional website, fake business cards and bogus voice-mail messages to try to cover up his fabrications.

After leaving journalism in disgrace, Glass graduated from Georgetown Law School and applied for admission to the New York bar but withdrew that application after learning he would be rejected on moral grounds. He eventually moved to California, settling in Los Angeles, and landed a job at a personal injury law firm.

The California bar denied Glass a law license in 2009, but a state bar court approved him for admission after a 10-day confidential bar trial. A bar committee in charge of admissions appealed, and a bar appeals court also ruled for him. The bar committee then asked the California Supreme Court to deny him a license.

The Supreme Court is to rule on Glass’ case within 90 days.

Ottawa

#178500 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue News Flash :
The number of Americans who have gained a health plan is now : 55 million.
<quoted text>
Ah, two points here AGAIN. First Obama was talking about Heath INSURANCE and Medicaid is NOT insurance on any kind but a form of .... welfare.
Next, this is the sign-up season and ObamaCare does not start until JANUARY FIRST 2014 so no one was gained anything!!!
Double Douche.
U.K. ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or -60 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

France : ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or - 60 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Germany : ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or - 85 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Italy : ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or - 60 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Rest of Europe, millions of citizens, ALL have universal health care. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Japan : ALL have universal health care. Population : 110 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue.

Australia and New Zealand, plus Singapore and a host of others : ALL have universal health care. Population : about 35 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

==========

Yes, Rogue, you're an aviator, which makes you an expert in ALL fields, and perfectly branding hundreds of millions of citizens benefitting from Universal Health care as WELFARE RECIPIENTS. BRAVO, Rogue.

As to sign-up, informatics are all screwed up for now. But they'll fix it eventually, it'll work. What will you then have to say?

Ottawa

#178501 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
What!!!! Punish a Liberal for lying? How could they?!?
Why they should promote him to the state supreme court!!!
Stephen Glass finds tough audience at California Supreme Court
Stephen Glass
Stephen Glass, shown in 2003, faced skepticism from California Supreme Court justices Wednesday about whether he should be able to practice law. In the 1990s he was found to have fabricated a number of articles for national magazines.(CBS)
By Maura Dolan
November 6, 2013, 11:58 a.m.
SACRAMENTO -- The California Supreme Court appeared unwilling Wednesday to grant a law license to a former journalist who fabricated stories for national magazines but now says he is steadfastly honest.
During a hearing in Sacramento, several justices of the state high court indicated they were not convinced that Stephen Glass, 41, who concocted articles for the New Republic and other magazines in the mid-1990s, had shown enough evidence of rehabilitation to be permitted to practice law.
Justice Joyce L. Kennard spoke at length of articles that Glass had fabricated and the importance of honesty in the law.
Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye observed that Glass was involved in a “a depth of deception that was pretty sophisticated.”
Justice Marvin Baxter noted that Glass’ prior conduct was not an isolated incident, but a pattern “over a long period of time.”
Justice Ming W. Chin said Glass had benefited from his misconduct by earning money from a novel he wrote about his experience.
As the court’s leanings became increasingly clear, Glass appeared to slump in his chair. Dressed in a suit and tie, he was seated near the front of the ornate courtroom next to his fiancee. He declined to comment afterward and left the courthouse alone with his girlfriend, his hands in his pockets and his head down.
Glass wrote 42 magazine stories that were wholly or partially fabricated before he was caught in 1998. He was in his mid-20s. He made up phony notes, a fictional website, fake business cards and bogus voice-mail messages to try to cover up his fabrications.
After leaving journalism in disgrace, Glass graduated from Georgetown Law School and applied for admission to the New York bar but withdrew that application after learning he would be rejected on moral grounds. He eventually moved to California, settling in Los Angeles, and landed a job at a personal injury law firm.
The California bar denied Glass a law license in 2009, but a state bar court approved him for admission after a 10-day confidential bar trial. A bar committee in charge of admissions appealed, and a bar appeals court also ruled for him. The bar committee then asked the California Supreme Court to deny him a license.
The Supreme Court is to rule on Glass’ case within 90 days.
So, the Supreme Court has yet to rule. Then, why all of the above? Or is it because you have the same inside information you possessed on the Supreme Court and its ruling on Obamacare? Remember how Roberts had already decided, the moment he got the Obamacare docket, to nix it? Oh, I see, your inside info WAS correct, but Justice ha ha, omg, ha ha, LRS came to the rescue and STATED that Obama bought off Roberts. Don't stop now, Rogue, we all need laughs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 70,157
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min KiMare 50,776
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr King Clutch 1,129,383
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 3 hr Glen Fry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IBdaMann 47,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Zap Brannigan 98,564
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]