BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 190179 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#178495 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points. Iran-Contra happened over twenty years ago.
Next, as usual your links did not work.
And you should change your name to "Oldrealnews"
<quoted text>
There you go again. Do you knot know what "over" twenty years means? BTW, Iran-Contra was from 1985 until 1987 which is LESS THAN thirty years ago which means I am more correct than you are.
Nanny nanny boo boo!
Closer to 30 than 20 (1985 is 28 years, sonny). Reagan came in in 2000, when the Iran-Contra thing developed. That makes it 33 years. AND yet, that doesn`t keep you from taking shots at Carter, which is WAY OVER 30 years.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#178496 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Remember when Nancy Pelosi said, "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it" ???
A physician called into a radio show and said "that's the definition of a Stool sample".
That pretty well sums it up ...... for me too !!!
Since you attempted to point out that there is a difference between Fox and Fox News, I offer this:

Nancy Pelosi did not say those words. This is her exact quote.

"You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

We have to pass the bill, so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

The next day, she reminded America that until the bill is passed, doubters cannot debunk it.

If it fails, it will be far less catastrophic than George W. Bush deregulating the finance industry or starting a war that was not needed.

Ottawa

#178497 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Owl Gore wrote:
Remember when Nancy Pelosi said, "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it" ???
A physician called into a radio show and said "that's the definition of a Stool sample".
That pretty well sums it up ...... for me too !!!
<quoted text>
Do you know what to "paraphrase" something means? How about "quibbling"?
Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hV-05TLiiLUXX
You have no idea what "paraphrasing" means, do you?
Owl Gore

Jacksonville, FL

#178499 Nov 7, 2013
What!!!! Punish a Liberal for lying? How could they?!?
Why they should promote him to the state supreme court!!!

Stephen Glass finds tough audience at California Supreme Court

Stephen Glass

Stephen Glass, shown in 2003, faced skepticism from California Supreme Court justices Wednesday about whether he should be able to practice law. In the 1990s he was found to have fabricated a number of articles for national magazines.(CBS)
By Maura Dolan

November 6, 2013, 11:58 a.m.

SACRAMENTO -- The California Supreme Court appeared unwilling Wednesday to grant a law license to a former journalist who fabricated stories for national magazines but now says he is steadfastly honest.

During a hearing in Sacramento, several justices of the state high court indicated they were not convinced that Stephen Glass, 41, who concocted articles for the New Republic and other magazines in the mid-1990s, had shown enough evidence of rehabilitation to be permitted to practice law.

Justice Joyce L. Kennard spoke at length of articles that Glass had fabricated and the importance of honesty in the law.

Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye observed that Glass was involved in a “a depth of deception that was pretty sophisticated.”

Justice Marvin Baxter noted that Glass’ prior conduct was not an isolated incident, but a pattern “over a long period of time.”

Justice Ming W. Chin said Glass had benefited from his misconduct by earning money from a novel he wrote about his experience.

As the court’s leanings became increasingly clear, Glass appeared to slump in his chair. Dressed in a suit and tie, he was seated near the front of the ornate courtroom next to his fiancee. He declined to comment afterward and left the courthouse alone with his girlfriend, his hands in his pockets and his head down.

Glass wrote 42 magazine stories that were wholly or partially fabricated before he was caught in 1998. He was in his mid-20s. He made up phony notes, a fictional website, fake business cards and bogus voice-mail messages to try to cover up his fabrications.

After leaving journalism in disgrace, Glass graduated from Georgetown Law School and applied for admission to the New York bar but withdrew that application after learning he would be rejected on moral grounds. He eventually moved to California, settling in Los Angeles, and landed a job at a personal injury law firm.

The California bar denied Glass a law license in 2009, but a state bar court approved him for admission after a 10-day confidential bar trial. A bar committee in charge of admissions appealed, and a bar appeals court also ruled for him. The bar committee then asked the California Supreme Court to deny him a license.

The Supreme Court is to rule on Glass’ case within 90 days.

Ottawa

#178500 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue News Flash :
The number of Americans who have gained a health plan is now : 55 million.
<quoted text>
Ah, two points here AGAIN. First Obama was talking about Heath INSURANCE and Medicaid is NOT insurance on any kind but a form of .... welfare.
Next, this is the sign-up season and ObamaCare does not start until JANUARY FIRST 2014 so no one was gained anything!!!
Double Douche.
U.K. ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or -60 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

France : ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or - 60 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Germany : ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or - 85 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Italy : ALL have universal health care. Population :+ or - 60 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Rest of Europe, millions of citizens, ALL have universal health care. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

Japan : ALL have universal health care. Population : 110 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue.

Australia and New Zealand, plus Singapore and a host of others : ALL have universal health care. Population : about 35 million. ALL on welfare according to Rogue;

==========

Yes, Rogue, you're an aviator, which makes you an expert in ALL fields, and perfectly branding hundreds of millions of citizens benefitting from Universal Health care as WELFARE RECIPIENTS. BRAVO, Rogue.

As to sign-up, informatics are all screwed up for now. But they'll fix it eventually, it'll work. What will you then have to say?

Ottawa

#178501 Nov 7, 2013
Owl Gore wrote:
What!!!! Punish a Liberal for lying? How could they?!?
Why they should promote him to the state supreme court!!!
Stephen Glass finds tough audience at California Supreme Court
Stephen Glass
Stephen Glass, shown in 2003, faced skepticism from California Supreme Court justices Wednesday about whether he should be able to practice law. In the 1990s he was found to have fabricated a number of articles for national magazines.(CBS)
By Maura Dolan
November 6, 2013, 11:58 a.m.
SACRAMENTO -- The California Supreme Court appeared unwilling Wednesday to grant a law license to a former journalist who fabricated stories for national magazines but now says he is steadfastly honest.
During a hearing in Sacramento, several justices of the state high court indicated they were not convinced that Stephen Glass, 41, who concocted articles for the New Republic and other magazines in the mid-1990s, had shown enough evidence of rehabilitation to be permitted to practice law.
Justice Joyce L. Kennard spoke at length of articles that Glass had fabricated and the importance of honesty in the law.
Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye observed that Glass was involved in a “a depth of deception that was pretty sophisticated.”
Justice Marvin Baxter noted that Glass’ prior conduct was not an isolated incident, but a pattern “over a long period of time.”
Justice Ming W. Chin said Glass had benefited from his misconduct by earning money from a novel he wrote about his experience.
As the court’s leanings became increasingly clear, Glass appeared to slump in his chair. Dressed in a suit and tie, he was seated near the front of the ornate courtroom next to his fiancee. He declined to comment afterward and left the courthouse alone with his girlfriend, his hands in his pockets and his head down.
Glass wrote 42 magazine stories that were wholly or partially fabricated before he was caught in 1998. He was in his mid-20s. He made up phony notes, a fictional website, fake business cards and bogus voice-mail messages to try to cover up his fabrications.
After leaving journalism in disgrace, Glass graduated from Georgetown Law School and applied for admission to the New York bar but withdrew that application after learning he would be rejected on moral grounds. He eventually moved to California, settling in Los Angeles, and landed a job at a personal injury law firm.
The California bar denied Glass a law license in 2009, but a state bar court approved him for admission after a 10-day confidential bar trial. A bar committee in charge of admissions appealed, and a bar appeals court also ruled for him. The bar committee then asked the California Supreme Court to deny him a license.
The Supreme Court is to rule on Glass’ case within 90 days.
So, the Supreme Court has yet to rule. Then, why all of the above? Or is it because you have the same inside information you possessed on the Supreme Court and its ruling on Obamacare? Remember how Roberts had already decided, the moment he got the Obamacare docket, to nix it? Oh, I see, your inside info WAS correct, but Justice ha ha, omg, ha ha, LRS came to the rescue and STATED that Obama bought off Roberts. Don't stop now, Rogue, we all need laughs.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#178502 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain, once again, exactly what Reagan what to do with Iran-Contra?
Reagan ordered his staff if they knew anything about Iran-Contra to come forward and cooperate with Congress!
And what has Obama done about Benghazi? Just the opposite what Reagan did about Iran-Contra!!! Yep, a real contrast.
Yep, Obama's administration is like the three monkeys; See no Obama, Speak no Obama, Hear no Obama!!!
<quoted text>
1. Oh, I didn't know that Iran-Contra did not happen under Reagan's watch. Sorry ;
2. And what did Reagan have to say about Iran-Contra, which happened UNDER HIS WATCH? "Gee, I don't recall any of this...".May not be his fault, as it is said he Alzheimer had already set in. It did save him from a lot of embarrassment, though;
3. Who was punished for Iran-Contra? North? Nope. Pardoned. Who else?;
4. You consider Benhgazi in the same league as SUPPLYING Iran with arms AFTER the embassy kidnappings? Really? ;
5. As to Obama's and Sec Clinton's statements post-Iran, please state the exact lies that both told. Also state what the State dept and the CIA told them immediately after the attack on the consulate/cultural centre.
What did Obama have to do with the Sandy Hook massacre? Not a damn thing!!! But you blame Reagan for ANYTHING that happened while he was president. Again, you can not show proof that he had any prior knowledge or approved of Iran-Contra because he had none.
Sure, Oliver North's conviction was over turned on appeal only because the DEMOCRAT controlled House blew it. But how about the others who WERE punished???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Con...
AGAIN, Reagan ORDERED his people to testify about Iran-Contra whereas Obama is preventing people from testifying!!!
And you are a flaming bigot and can't see that you are one.

Location hidden

#178503 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>

==========
Yes, Rogue, you're an aviator, which makes you an expert in ALL fields, and perfectly branding hundreds of millions of citizens benefitting from Universal Health care as WELFARE RECIPIENTS. BRAVO, Rogue.
As to sign-up, informatics are all screwed up for now. But they'll fix it eventually, it'll work. What will you then have to say?
And you are not an aviator but you think you know more about aviation than I do!!!
And I did not say everyone receiving socialized medicine is on welfare. Only those who do not pay taxes are on welfare!!!
As for me, I payed in advance for my health care. In just four years my my copay for my medications have gone from $4 per med. per month to $17. In otherwise I pay $1,020 per year when I used to pay only $240. Has inflation gone up 425% in just four years? Now, how much are welfare people paying for their meds? Remember, I payed in advance for my medical care!!!
Oh and that is just my meds and not my doctor/hospital copays!!!
What a bigot you are!!!

Ottawa

#178504 Nov 7, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I watch the American Forces Radio and Television Service shows.
Making those distinctions is pathetic, even for a Republicant.
One of my favourite newspapers was the Stars and Stripes. So surprising, its impartiality, and its total freedom to laud AND criticize the government. This is one of the jewels that you Americans have, the ability, the capacity, to allow an armed forces newspaper like the Stars and Stripes to freely print any story that, as I just wrote, praised or criticized the gov't. It had despatches from AP, Reuters, AFP, etc, some for, some con. and right and left-leaning columnists. I miss it.

It also had the greatest sports coverage and comics, Doonesbury even. Now, for a military newspaper to carry that, hats off, quite a feat.

Location hidden

#178505 Nov 7, 2013
Oh, two years ago I paid out of pocket $125 for my FAA Class-3 medical exam. That is NOT covered under Tricare. My Flight Doc retired early this year and he is younger than I am because he did not want to deal with ObamaCare and now I am looking for another FAA Doctor as I will need another FAA physical next January and I bet it will cost me more than $125 too.

Location hidden

#178506 Nov 7, 2013
Oh, I do not refer to Oliver North as "Colonel" as he lied to Congress. Again,the only reason why his conviction was overturned was because the Democrats gave him immunity and then after he testified truthfully before Congress they used that immunity testimony to convict him. He should never have been tried in the first place.
Yep, I do not put "Colonel" in front of Oliver North's name as he has disgraced his uniform!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#178507 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain, once again, exactly what Reagan what to do with Iran-Contra?
Reagan ordered his staff if they knew anything about Iran-Contra to come forward and cooperate with Congress!
And what has Obama done about Benghazi? Just the opposite what Reagan did about Iran-Contra!!! Yep, a real contrast.
Yep, Obama's administration is like the three monkeys; See no Obama, Speak no Obama, Hear no Obama!!!
<quoted text>
What did Obama have to do with the Sandy Hook massacre? Not a damn thing!!! But you blame Reagan for ANYTHING that happened while he was president. Again, you can not show proof that he had any prior knowledge or approved of Iran-Contra because he had none.
Sure, Oliver North's conviction was over turned on appeal only because the DEMOCRAT controlled House blew it. But how about the others who WERE punished???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Con...
AGAIN, Reagan ORDERED his people to testify about Iran-Contra whereas Obama is preventing people from testifying!!!
And you are a flaming bigot and can't see that you are one.
Holy crap skippy are you serious? The right blames Obama for every little thing that ever goes wrong. I don't think Obama was at the desk in Cincinatti when a few agents "targeted" conservative groups, I doubt he was in NM or Texas when they guns went missing, I am pretty sure he was not in Benghazi either yet your republitards have no problem blaming Obama for all three.

Now to answer your question about Iran-Contra.
Here is a timeline of events with video, and documents showing Reagan's illegal involvement in Iran Contra
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/10/10/230...

Ottawa

#178508 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are not an aviator but you think you know more about aviation than I do!!!
And I did not say everyone receiving socialized medicine is on welfare. Only those who do not pay taxes are on welfare!!!
As for me, I payed in advance for my health care. In just four years my my copay for my medications have gone from $4 per med. per month to $17. In otherwise I pay $1,020 per year when I used to pay only $240. Has inflation gone up 425% in just four years? Now, how much are welfare people paying for their meds? Remember, I payed in advance for my medical care!!!
What a bigot you are!!!
1. Why'd you delete 9/10 of my post?

2. Those 55 million are not all welfare recipients. Most are workers who could not afford huge premiums. I know of people personally in that position but will not bother you with personal anecdotes. I also know of those 55 million and the $1000s of dollars per month premiums that they could not afford to pay. Ever read Consumer Reports or Prevention magazine?;

3. What you now pay in premiums you should not have to pay at all. Neither should any American citizen have to pay ANYTHING for universal health care. But, having said that, you have to. What you are paying, Rogue, is peanuts compared to the average self-employed American or any American having to pay his own protection.

The Insurance industry is making money from people's illnesses and misfortunes. Also, the system for registering is so complicated, it would discourage the stoutest and most courageous applicant. And would you know it, rapacious insurance companies are somehow still involved. Why? And how they spread the lies that in Canada , we have to get gov't approval for procedures. Lie. Huge lie but hey, people like you believe it because you WANT to . Now, I saw in insurance companies whilst in LA advertising their new policy of "no pre-conditions" . Bastards. They fought that to the hilt, were forced to offer it, now boast about their good will and generosity. So much for your big company heroes, Rogue.

What is this bigot thing anyhow? That the best you 've got?

Ottawa

#178509 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, I do not refer to Oliver North as "Colonel" as he lied to Congress. Again,the only reason why his conviction was overturned was because the Democrats gave him immunity and then after he testified truthfully before Congress they used that immunity testimony to convict him. He should never have been tried in the first place.
Yep, I do not put "Colonel" in front of Oliver North's name as he has disgraced his uniform!
Who told him to "disgrace his uniform?" Did he , on the spur of the moment, decide to do all that he did all by himself? Of course, Reagan did not personally tell him. You're an old military guy , don't you know about the chain of command?

Location hidden

#178510 Nov 7, 2013
Oh Jacqueau, just in case you do knot no, a commercial pilot who flies for a scheduled air carrier has to get a Class-1 physical every six months. A commercial pilot who does not needs only a Class-2 needs on every year.
But even though I have a commercial pilot's license, I fly only privately and I need a Class-3 every other year. If you fly ultra-lights or LSA (Light Sport Aircraft)(under 1320/1420 pounds) privately you do not need any physical exams.
Oh, SLAs are not over 1,320 pounds on wheels or 1,420 on floats,carry more than two people, can not exceed 100 mph hour, not fly under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), fly at night or over 10,000 feet MSL.
Of course, I do knot no a damn thing about aviation.

Ottawa

#178511 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, two years ago I paid out of pocket $125 for my FAA Class-3 medical exam. That is NOT covered under Tricare. My Flight Doc retired early this year and he is younger than I am because he did not want to deal with ObamaCare and now I am looking for another FAA Doctor as I will need another FAA physical next January and I bet it will cost me more than $125 too.
Unless you work for the gov't as a pilot, why should you not pay for an exam that is solely for private pleasure, to wit, piloting a private aircraft? Work for United or American or Delta, they'll pay your medical visit.

Ottawa

#178512 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bigot you are!!!
You wrote : "And you are not an aviator but you think you know more about aviation than I do!!!"

I've been over this many times with you. Not gonna do it again or spin parables as you just don't get it. I will just reiterate the following : You know 100% more about piloting than I do. No argument. Got it? But, I know just as much or perhaps more than you about aviation in general. Is that crystal clear? On the other hand, you probably don't even know 10% of what I did before retiring. Is that also crystal clear?
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#178513 Nov 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/kes6nwd

Location hidden

#178514 Nov 7, 2013
Oh, I am thinking about buying an LSA. My grandson will be 16 y/o in about 15 months and it is a cheaper way to get started in aviation.
I am thinking about "building" a Clubcrafter C11-100 EX which should take us about a year to build.
http://www.cubcrafters.com/sportcubs2
You can build it as an LSA or up to a GW of 1,860 pounds and up to a 180 hp engine. I would build it with the 100 hp Continental LSA.
It would be a great project for my grandson and me. Hey, I am retired and I have the time. Never built a real plane before but what the heck.
http://www.cubcrafters.com/carboncubex

Location hidden

#178517 Nov 7, 2013
This is the static wing load test for a Carbon Cub. Please note that they put 4,729 pounds of lead on ONE wing which is equivalent to 9,458 pounds on two wings on a plane that is rated at 1,860 Experimental or as a 1,320 pound LSA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min THE DEVIL 1,234,191
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 5 min fatbacksx 1
Abby 5-28 8 min rememberies 16
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min jimi-yank 53,491
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Rose of Tralee 99,571
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 6,007
amy 5-28 4 hr Kuuipo 12
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]