BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 20 comments on the Jan 8, 2009, Chicago Tribune story titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Jim

Herrin, IL

#177978 Nov 4, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
So what!
Obama is a usurper! Because of Obama's usurpation, Cruz is now a legal presidential candidate for President. Don't you agree or are you now a Birther, SHEEPLE?
Obama had only an American citizen for a Mother and that is exactly what Cruz has. What is the difference SHEEPLE!
payback will be lovely, don't you agree???
repeating yourself over and over again won't make it true....I swear these teabaggers copy what children do to get their way.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#177980 Nov 4, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>repeating yourself over and over again won't make it true....I swear these teabaggers copy what children do to get their way.
Unskilled and unaware of it:
How difficulties in recognizing one's own incompetence
lead to inflated self-assessments.

Kruger, Justin; Dunning, David
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol 77(6), Dec 1999, 1121-1134.

http://psycnet.apa.org/...
~~~~~~~~~~

you & your ILK's liberal 'mentality'

;~)
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#177981 Nov 4, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
Diplomat's Suppressed Document Lays Bare the Lies behind Iraq War
December 15, 2006 http://tinyurl.com/ye8w94
The Government's case for going to war in Iraq has been torn apart by the publication of previously suppressed evidence that Tony Blair lied over Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.
A devastating attack on Mr. Blair's justification for military action by Carne Ross, Britain's key negotiator at the UN, has been kept under wraps until now because he was threatened with being charged with breaching the Official Secrets Act.
In the testimony revealed today Mr. Ross, 40, who helped negotiate several UN security resolutions on Iraq, makes it clear that Mr. Blair must have known Saddam Hussein possessed no weapons of mass destruction. He said that during his posting to the UN, "at no time did HMG [Her Majesty's Government] assess that Iraq's WMD (or any other capability) posed a threat to the UK or its interests."
Mr Ross revealed it was a commonly held view among British officials dealing with Iraq that any threat by Saddam Hussein had been "effectively contained".
He also reveals that British officials warned US diplomats that bringing down the Iraqi dictator would lead to the chaos the world has since witnessed. "I remember on several occasions the UK team stating this view in terms during our discussions with the US (who agreed)," he said.
It shows Mr. Ross told the inquiry, chaired by Lord Butler, "there was no intelligence evidence of significant holdings of CW [chemical warfare], BW [biological warfare] or nuclear material" held by the Iraqi dictator before the invasion. "There was, moreover, no intelligence or assessment during my time in the job that Iraq had any intention to launch an attack against its neighbors or the UK or the US," he added.
Mr. Ross's evidence directly challenges the assertions by the Prime Minster that the war was legally justified because Saddam possessed WMDs which could be "activated" within 45 minutes and posed a threat to British interests. These claims were also made in two dossiers, subsequently discredited, in spite of the advice by Mr. Ross.
Mr. Ross said in late 2002 that he "discussed this at some length with David Kelly", the weapons expert who a year later committed suicide when he was named as the source of a BBC report saying Downing Street had "sexed up" the WMD claims in a dossier. The Butler inquiry cleared Mr. Blair and Downing Street of "sexing up" the dossier, but the publication of the Carne Ross evidence will cast fresh doubts on its findings.
Mr Ross, 40, was a highly rated diplomat but he resigned because of his misgivings about the legality of the war. He still fears the threat of action under the Official Secrets Act.
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/1215-...
Commondreams? And, they agreed with you? DUH! LMAO! pilgrim

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#177982 Nov 4, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a usurper! Because of Obama's usurpation, Cruz is now a legal presidential candidate for President. Don't you agree or are you now a Birther, SHEEPLE?
Obama had only an American citizen for a Mother and that is exactly what Cruz has. What is the difference SHEEPLE!
Truth ha ha Detector holding his breath, Truth ha ha Detector now turning blue, Truth ha ha Detector now screaming same thing over and over again. Watch Truth ha ha Detector being taken away by men in white.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#177983 Nov 4, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
It's a damn good thing none of you gum-flappers were here when I got back! Ha!
I knew you were back. I heard the kerplunk and the oink oink. Watch out for stepmom.

Two beautiful nurse girl friends and their rich Nobel prize for medicine doctor brother with the Miss Universe wife LMAO (LTD-Dale tm reg'd). BUFFOON does not even begin to describe you, slimy slithering slug.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#177984 Nov 4, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
So what!
What does his mother have to do with being President?
His values and his good sense are what matters.
Cruz is young to be President. Is Obamacare going to
disappear with a new President? What a waste of our time.
They all make us ill.
I'll vote for Clinton.

Grand Birther

Painesville, OH

#177985 Nov 4, 2013
Ahhhh yes. It is nice to have Kentucky Klown Kar back in regular form. Too bad all these posts will be deleted and he'll be banned by tomorrow morning, but it's fun while it lasts.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#177986 Nov 4, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly, allow me.
If you are born there, you are a son of the soil, as in Kenya. If not, you are a son of the soil where you were born. In Obama's case that would NOT be Hawaii where there is no valid birth certificate proving that imaginary birthplace.
Holla!
That isn't motive.

If he was Kenyan, he was still an American citizen via his mother.

The only reason possible for your whole birther scenario is to make him appear "naturally born".

The only benefit "naturally born" gives you is the ability to run for President.

So, his mother must have known he would be running for president in order for any of the birther story to gel at all.

You still have no motive. He was already entitled to citizenship. EVEN if born on Neptune.

So... why the ruse?

That is motive. It is generally what makes conspiracy theories work. You are still holding an empty bag.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#177987 Nov 4, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948.
Therefore 'your' pRez obama
IS
a British subject!
Country/citizenship of his father - British
Country/citizenship of his mother(*?)- American
At best - DUAL citizen
A DUAL citizen CAN NOT BE president of the United States. His "allegiance" can ONLY BE to ONE country.
She "expatriated" herself from the US at some point.
British Nationality Act 1948
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo6/11-1...
***There has BEEN rumor he was born 'out of wedlock'
23Legitimated children
(1)A person born out of wedlock and legitimated by the subsequent marriage of his parents shall, as from the date of the marriage or of the commencement of this Act, whichever is later, be treated, for the purpose of determining whether he is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, or was a British subject immediately before the commencement of this Act, as if he had been born legitimate.
Tell that bullshit to Benjamin Franklin.

"Dual citizen"... yet somehow became President RIGHT IN FRONT of the rest of the founding fathers. How did this slimy bastard slip by?

Or...

Herbert Hoover

Or...

Thomas Jefferson

Or...

Woodrow Wilson

Or...

James Buchanon

Or...

Chester Arthur

The British Nationality Act of 1948 applies to British Colonies only.

Last I checked the U.S. hasn't been a British Colony since the D.O.I.

It simply does not apply here.

Guessing you didn't read the thing... just copy and paste huh?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#177988 Nov 4, 2013
American Lady wrote:
If Obama the president had had [Barack Obama Sr.] as a father, I think it's fair to say that he wouldn't be the president.
- Biographer Sally H. Jacobs
He had a muslim stepfather - Lolo Soetoro
Obama's Muslim Childhood
by Daniel Pipes
The Washington Times
September 10-14, 2012
Contradictions
Asked about the religion of his childhood and youth, Obama offers contradictory answers. He finessed a Mar. 2004 question, "Have you always been a Christian?" by replying: "I was raised more by my mother and my mother was Christian." But in Dec. 2007 he belatedly decided to give a straight answer: "My mother was a Christian from Kansas. I was raised by my mother. So, I've always been a Christian." In Feb. 2009, however, he offered a completely different account:
I was not raised in a particularly religious household. I had a father who was born a Muslim but became an atheist, grandparents who were non-practicing Methodists and Baptists, and a mother who was skeptical of organized religion. I didn't become a Christian until I moved to the South Side of Chicago after college.
He further elaborated this answer in Sept. 2010, saying: "I came to my Christian faith later in life."
Which is it? Has Obama "always been a Christian" or did he "become a Christian" after college? Self-contradiction on so fundamental a matter of identity, when added to the general questioning about the accuracy of his autobiography, raises questions about veracity; would someone telling the truth say such varied and opposite things about himself? Inconsistency is typical of fabrication: when making things up, it's hard to stick with the same story. Obama appears to be hiding something. Was he the areligious child of irreligious parents? Or was he always a Christian? A Muslim? Or was he, in fact, something of his own creation a Christian/Muslim?
http://www.danielpipes.org/11952/obama-muslim...
No one gives a crap which god his step-dad liked.

I don't think Barack is religious at all.

But anyone running for office in America WILL claim to be a man of god.

They lap it up.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#177989 Nov 4, 2013
American Lady wrote:
This site is dedicated to protecting the Creator's gift to all mankind that was
secured by the Founders to all born in the United States of America.
Unalienable Rights - Absolute Rights - Natural Rights
The absolute rights of individuals may be resolved into the right of personal security, the right of personal liberty, and the right to acquire and enjoy property. These rights are declared to be natural, inherent, and unalienable. Atchison & N. R. Co. v. Baty, 6 Neb. 37, 40, 29 Am. Rep. 356.
EXERCISE YOUR UNALIENABLE RIGHTS WITH RESPECT FOR OTHERS
AND NEVER LET GOVERNMENT DEPRIVE YOU OF THEM!
http://www.unalienable.com/
Find a Japanese American that was around in 1942 and ask them about unalienable rights.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#177990 Nov 4, 2013
Hell... read the Patriot act

or the NDA...

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#177991 Nov 4, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
So what!
Sounds about right... The reps putting all their eggs in the Ted basket.

When a guys natural facial expression is a bewildered Joe McArthy and it doesn't seem to raise any red flags....

I wouldn't exactly call Hillary bitch slapping another corporate GOP candidate payback.... or lovely.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#177992 Nov 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948.
Therefore 'your' pRez obama
IS
a British subject!
Country/citizenship of his father - British
Country/citizenship of his mother(*?)- American
At best - DUAL citizen
A DUAL citizen CAN NOT BE president of the United States. His "allegiance" can ONLY BE to ONE country.
She "expatriated" herself from the US at some point.
British Nationality Act 1948
***There has BEEN rumor he was born 'out of wedlock'
23Legitimated children
(1)A person born out of wedlock and legitimated by the subsequent marriage of his parents shall, as from the date of the marriage or of the commencement of this Act, whichever is later, be treated, for the purpose of determining whether he is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, or was a British subject immediately before the commencement of this Act, as if he had been born legitimate.
Andrew Jackson

NEITHER of his parents American.

Born in America.

Another usurper to get elected right in front of the people who signed the Constitution. Outrageous!

What were they thinking?

How could such a man escape AL's delusional interpretation of the U.S. Constitution?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#177993 Nov 5, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! See how uninformed you are, the states made the citizens prior to Apr. 9, 1866, that would be approx. 147 years.
See how pathetic you are. The meaning of subject to the Jurisdiction has never changed
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#177994 Nov 5, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>100% pure gum-flapper drivel. Looks like someone deflated your britches, Fluffy! LMAO!!!!!
Poor Romper. You run out of material so quickly
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#177995 Nov 5, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>Since the usurpation of Obama it doesn't matter!
Blathered like a Tru Patriot.

Since I know that both Ted and Obama are Natural Born Citizens I will continue to laugh at your hypocrisy
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#177996 Nov 5, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>The law and Constitution means squat!
The constitution means squat to a Birfoon This is news?
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#177997 Nov 5, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm worried about your memory, Path. You don't seem to have one. LMAO! Last time, the brother is not a Nobel Prize winner. Just super rich with a golden future. Now, his wife is a past Beauty Contest winner, looks like a supermodel too. You were saying? I'm sorry. Seems I lost track of your drivel! LMAO!
My wife looks like a super model too. She just turned 45 and is hotter then ever. She blessed me with two beautiful kids as well and that didn't turn her into a double wide like it does to a lot of women. We will never be super rich but that doesn't matter. Middle class in America is damn good living, unless your a liberal, as they never seem to be satisfied with their own lives. They are always busy bodies trying to dictate how the rest of us should be doing things.
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

#177998 Nov 5, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew Jackson
NEITHER of his parents American.
Born in America.
Another usurper to get elected right in front of the people who signed the Constitution. Outrageous!
What were they thinking?
How could such a man escape AL's delusional interpretation of the U.S. Constitution?
My biggest concern when Barry got into the race was his ridiculously thin on experience resume. It was obvious to anyone that heard him read a prepared speech off a TelePrompTer that he was highly skilled at speaking to a crowd, and that he was "cool". I was thinking that a presidential candidate needed more private sector experience then being a street level drug dealer in his teens though, or a successful governorship in one of our larger states to be taken seriously. Turns out I was wrong on that one. Not the first time and probably won't be the last. I just would like to see democrats be a bit more focused on substance then symbolism. Wishful thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,219,907
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 5,903
Ask Amy 4-25-15 1 hr Kuuipo 2
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Wolverine33 5,201
Dear Abby 4-25-15 5 hr PEllen 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,677
Bill Clinton's Wife. 6 hr No GOP 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]