BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#175865 Oct 20, 2013
wojar wrote:
From ankeny decision:
"We reiterate that we do not address
the question of natural born citizen status
for persons who became United States citizens
at birth by virtue of being born of
United States citizen parents, despite the
fact that they were born abroad. That question
was not properly presented to this
court. Without addressing the question,
however, we note that nothing in our opinion
today should be understood to hold that
being born within the fifty United States is
the only way one can receive natural born
citizen status."
In fact, no court has ever decided this issue.
"born of United States citizen parentS". Thank you, Twinkerbelle.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#175866 Oct 20, 2013
There's that darn "S" again! LMAO!

FACT: The US Constitution requires the president to be a NATURAL-BORN CITIZEN
FACT: John Jay wrote a letter to George Washington suggesting the requirement be made
FACT: The description of natural-born citizen was derived from Vattel's work, Law of Nations § 212
FACT: In the SCOTUS decision, The Venus, 1814, Justice Marshall defines 'natural-born citizen' using Vattel's work, but in his own words saying,(#123)'Vattel, who, though not very full to this point, is more explicit and more satisfactory on it than any other whose work has fallen into my hands, says,'the citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or indigenes, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.'
Iron Ranger

Duluth, MN

#175867 Oct 20, 2013
What I saw in the news was a Certificate of Birth not a Birth Certificate.
A person in Minnesota CAN NOT use a Cert. of Birth for identification to apply for a driver license. Interesting that anyone would consider Obama's Cert. of Birth to be acceptable to become President of the United States when he could not even apply for a driver license in Minnesota with it.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#175868 Oct 20, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too good at answering questions , are you? How many days in total for those 17 shutdowns? Does the total surpass the last birther shutdown?
Obama's shutdown on October 1 was punitive. It was Obama's decision to give 'some' government employees two plus weeks of paid vacation,he doesn't care how much it costs or how much it cost to pay security to keep people out of open air parks. Obama wouldn't pay for Armed Forces Television,but he paid for Public Broadcasting. Obama stopped people from taking pictures of Mt Rushmore,but he didn't close his favorite golf course. Obama cut funding for Amber Alert,but he wouldn't cut funding to staff his wife's favorite web site. Obama decided that many employee were expendable,but he wouldn't consider dozens of White House staff people like the ones used to apply his makeup and makeup for his wife expendable.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#175869 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many times have you Libtards made childish remarks like "eye of Newt" Gingrich?!?
I've never heard that expression here, and even had it been made, how do you compare "eye of Newt" to Obama getting bjs from his aides, Michelle's big azz and fried foods, Michelle being startled because Barack made a pass at her, etc. It's the birther way of trying to be smart and funny. It's not.

Ottawa

#175870 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hey Jacqueau, you still have not explained how Sen. Cruz shut down the government by a 21 hour filibuster that ended at noon of Sep. 25 and the government did not shut down until Oct. 1? Come on now, admit you are afraid of Sen. Cruz. That is the only reason why you bring up his name! The ONLY reason!!!
Not afraid of Cruz at all. I'd be afraid had he stayed in Canada, yes, screwing up our gov't. But thank heaven, he moved south, he's all yours.

What this time frame between his filibuster and stopping gov't? What do you mean? He was the leader who stonewalled until he realised his bluff had been called by a better man, and he meekly shut himself down instead of the gov't.

Ottawa

#175871 Oct 20, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>You only believe what Obama tells you. Obama and reid refused to accept any input from Republicans. The Republicans put up several plans, most of the Republican plans had Doctors help write them.
Yes, I can believe they had doctors AND hospitals AND insurance companies write them. This is what's interesting about the Republicans, as apart from doctors, hospitals, insurance companies helping them with input, they have no qualms about petroleum companies, drug companies, steel companies, etc, also helping with input. Wonder how many citizens' groups help the republicans with their input.

Ottawa

#175872 Oct 20, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, anytime that I fail to place qualifiers on what I deem as societies obligations to the most unfortunate amongst us you would latch on to an example of someone that is worthy of charity and then accuse me of wanting to see them suffer. I would never put all in any bag Jacque, because my life experience has taught me that there are always exceptions. That is why I personally donate to charities that do good privately, like Easter Seals, the Red Cross, Toys for Tots and the Salvation Army, and do so on a regular basis. I'm trying very hard not to assume I know you or what motivates you Jacque, and I rarely express my faith openly like that, because my relationship with Christ is between me and him. How he feels about me is something I will find out when I stand in judgement, until then I just do the best I can in my flawed existence as a sinner. If you found that offensive I can't help you with that. Thats on you.
Please, the last thing I want to do is to make these exchanges personal.

You said you didn't hang out with welfare recipients. Why? Okay, that is your choice, but the manner in which it is said makes them look like lepers. I also get a gist from your post that the majority of welfare recipients a non-deserving, as you wrote that "there are always exceptions". How am I to interpret that? That the vast majority is lazy? The example of the woman I mentioned is one of many, and you'd know that if you did hang out, not necessarily with welfare recipients, but with the associations that deal with them, and see, in meetings, how these recipients , many of them, are indeed worthy.

I do not require to know what charities you give to. And I will not say whether I give or not.

I did not find your attachment to Christ offensive in the least. What is offensive about that? I did find your comments about welfare recipients to be contradictory to said faith, the exception thing, for example. What motivates me? Well, I will not say, except that I would so like for racism, xenophobia, homophobia, intolerance, injustice to go away, and for that 2/3 of the world's population that goes to bed hungry to get their hands on a bit more food. I also hate war. All of the foregoing I obviously cannot control and I can't make them work. Prayer has not done the job since humans appeared on this earth. I wish we'd move our asses (pardon the expression) and help the unfortunate help himself instead of spending trillions on armaments. To me, prayer is action, not kneeling and supplicating a person or being who is unseen and unheard. That's how I see it. No one has to agree with me, free country.

Ottawa

#175873 Oct 20, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Why is it that the democrats through the lawsuits brought by ACLU back under Reagan sued to have the mentally ill turned out on the streets rather then get the care and supervision that many of them need. Now we see some of them get their hands on guns and kill many innocent people, and the democrats reaction is not that of compassion and a desire to help the mentally ill, but to restrict or remove the constitutional rights of the law abiding citizen to own a weapon and defend themselves and their families from these troubled individuals. Why is that Jacque?
The closing down of asylums for the mentally ill was just about the best thing that the U.S., and Canada, and Italy, and France, and the UK and a host of developed countries did. The release of the non-violent patients (violent ones were NOT to be released and if they knowingly were , that is the fault of the officials, not the programmes) saw them placed into homes, homes that I am aware of and know of, and the difference in a real home environment is impossible to describe. Tell me, since they closed these asylums, has their been a spike in crime and homicides by these released individuals? I don't think so , would love to see some evidence to that effect.

Closing of asylums for the non-violent mental persons was initiated in Italy in the 70s. I was well aware of it and fumed against it. I've changed by tune. I've seen the results in Europe and now in Canada. These people are human beings, sick of mind and often of body , but not violent most of them. They need not be incarcerated in prison-like asylums, they need familial living like you and me. Notice, I repeat , the violent ones should be kept in said asylums and treated accordingly, that is, as best as is possible.

Ottawa

#175874 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Please note that this is a Reuters piece and they lean .... LEFT!
Analysis: Despite budget win, Obama has weak hand with Congress
Reuters By Jeff Mason
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Despite his win last week in a debt ceiling standoff with Republicans, President Barack Obama has limited ability to achieve his policy goals through legislation, which could result in increased use of executive powers, administration officials and Democratic strategists said.
The 16-day partial government shutdown highlighted Obama's challenges in basic governing. Although he refused to concede to Republicans in exchange for reopening the government and raising the U.S. borrowing limit, he could not block the emergence of what he called a "manufactured" crisis.
The president would now like to seize momentum to push forward three legislative priorities: the farm bill, immigration reform and a more lasting budget deal.
But his chances of progress on those issues, particularly immigration reform, depend on convincing embittered Republicans to work with a White House many of them detest. That leaves Obama more or less at the same strategic juncture he encountered before the shutdown began.
"His only play is to just keep being consistent about trying to find ways for bipartisan cooperation on the things that need congressional action and then try to continue what he's been doing for years now ... and that's looking for ways to move the ball through executive action," a senior White House official told Reuters.
"In that sense, nothing has changed in our approach except that we and the whole town had to burn however many weeks on this detour - which is a shame."
http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-despite-budget...
Seems like a well-balanced article to me, Rogue.

Now get this,'cuz this is not the first time. Reuters is Canadian -owned, part of the Thompson chain of newspapers which he has lately mostly sold, all the while retaining Reuters. Thompson is the richest man in Canada. Thompson, a thoughtful person and newspaperman who reports the news without bias, is centre-right and hardly ever fails to back the conservative party at election time.

Ottawa

#175875 Oct 20, 2013
Joe OBiden wrote:
<quoted text>
She should have aborted them.
You've called me flaming hypocrite, yet you, who are against abortion, and instead of showing compassion for that woman and her two boys, think she should have aborted? And you've often mentioned Jesus and God and how one day we'll all be judged. Well, how will this abortion statement help you at the Pearly Gates, not to mention lack of charity for these three persons?

They had no idea, before birth, that the fetuses were faulty. But that's beside the point, isn't it? What is NOT beside the point is your approval of abortion.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#175876 Oct 21, 2013
Budget Discord Simmers Among Democrats
Some Liberal Groups, Lawmakers Worry About Cuts to Social Security, Other Entitlements

By PETER NICHOLAS and COLLEEN MCCAIN NELSON CONNECT
Updated Oct. 20, 2013 8:11 p.m. ET
Cracks are showing in the Democratic coalition as the next round of budget talks gets under way, hurting the chances for progress toward a broad deal that changes the tax code and significantly narrows future deficits.

While Republicans are still smarting over nasty infighting they engaged in during the debt-ceiling fight and 16-day government shutdown, Democrats have stayed united. This helped them beat back Republican demands to undo or scale back President Barack Obama's 2010 health law as a condition for ending the showdown.

But with eyes now turning toward a newly formed budget committee, some liberal lawmakers and groups are worried that Democrats will negotiate cuts to Social Security benefits and other entitlement programs. The president's budget blueprint, which was released in April, proposed slowing the growth of Social Security spending by using a new measure of inflation—an idea that drew a rebuke from some lawmakers and liberal groups.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Location hidden

#175877 Oct 21, 2013
The kids filed into class Monday morning. They were all very excited..Their weekend assignment was to sell something, and then give a talk on
salesmanship. Little Sally led off. "I sold Girl Scout cookies and I made $30" she said proudly. "My sales approach was to appeal to the customer's civil spirit, and I credit that approach for my obvious success." "Very good", said the teacher.

Little Debbie was next. "I sold magazines" she said. "I made $45 and I explained to everyone that magazines would keep them up on current events." "Very good, Debbie", said the teacher.

Eventually, it was Little Johnny's turn. The teacher held her breath.

Little Johnny walked to the front of the classroom, and dumped a box full of cash on the teacher's desk. "$2,467", he said. "$2,467!" cried the teacher, "What in the world were you selling?" "Toothbrushes", said Little Johnny.

"Toothbrushes" echoed the teacher. "How could you possibly sell enough tooth brushes to make that much money?" "I found the busiest corner in town", said Little Johnny. "I set up a Dip & Chip stand, and I gave everybody who walked by a free sample." They all said the same thing: "Hey, this tastes like dog poop!"

Then I would say, "It is dog poop. Wanna buy a toothbrush? I used the President Obama method of giving you some crap, dressing it up so it looks
good, telling you it's free, and then making you pay to get the bad taste out of your mouth."

Little Johnny got five stars for his assignment.
Bless his heart.

Location hidden

#175878 Oct 21, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hey Jacqueau, you still have not explained how Sen. Cruz shut down the government by a 21 hour filibuster that ended at noon of Sep. 25 and the government did not shut down until Oct. 1? Come on now, admit you are afraid of Sen. Cruz. That is the only reason why you bring up his name! The ONLY reason!!!
<quoted text>
Not afraid of Cruz at all. I'd be afraid had he stayed in Canada, yes, screwing up our gov't. But thank heaven, he moved south, he's all yours.
What this time frame between his filibuster and stopping gov't? What do you mean? He was the leader who stonewalled until he realised his bluff had been called by a better man, and he meekly shut himself down instead of the gov't.
Ah, Mitch McConnell is the Republican leader in the Senate, not Ted Cruz! But why does he worry you? You know you are worried, or is it paranoid?

Location hidden

#175879 Oct 21, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
It is how he became a citizen that may count -- per statute rather than native birth.
Do you mean the child of a diplomat born in another country is NOT a Natural Born Citizen?
Joe OBiden

Jacksonville, FL

#175880 Oct 21, 2013
Joe OBiden wrote:
<quoted text>
She should have aborted them.
<quoted text>
You've called me flaming hypocrite, yet you, who are against abortion, and instead of showing compassion for that woman and her two boys, think she should have aborted? And you've often mentioned Jesus and God and how one day we'll all be judged. Well, how will this abortion statement help you at the Pearly Gates, not to mention lack of charity for these three persons?
They had no idea, before birth, that the fetuses were faulty. But that's beside the point, isn't it? What is NOT beside the point is your approval of abortion.
Whats the difference? You abort them three days before they or born or three days after they are born?!? No real big deal!
gobuybelts

Redwood City, CA

#175881 Oct 21, 2013
Buy replica gucci, real fashion Louis vuitton, D&G, Fendi, YSL, armani belt, China's cheap belt shops offer 2013/2014 ucci, fashionable Louis vuitton, D&G, Fendi, YSL, armani belt. The export of Chinese gucci, cheap replica Louis vuitton Dolce & Gabbana belt. The highest quality gucci, fashionable Louis vuitton, D&G, Fendi, YSL, armani belt and lowest Pirce and free shipping.

[url=http://www.gobuybelts.com ]Gucci Belts Outlet[/url]
[url=http://www.gobuybelts.com ]Cheap Fendi Belts[/url]

[url=http://www.supplystarjers eys.com]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url]
[url=http://www.supplystarjers eys.com]NHL Jerseys Outlet[/url]

[url=http://www.beltloves.com] cheap Fendi Belts[/url]
[url=http://www.beltloves.com] Cheap Gucci Belts[/url]
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#175882 Oct 21, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
There's that darn "S" again! LMAO!

FACT: The US Constitution requires the president to be a NATURAL-BORN CITIZEN
FACT: John Jay wrote a letter to George Washington suggesting the requirement be made
FACT: The description of natural-born citizen was derived from Vattel's work, Law of Nations § 212
FACT: In the SCOTUS decision, The Venus, 1814, Justice Marshall defines 'natural-born citizen' using Vattel's work, but in his own words saying,(#123)'Vattel, who, though not very full to this point, is more explicit and more satisfactory on it than any other whose work has fallen into my hands, says,'the citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or indigenes, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.'
Fact. John jay's letter is as meaningless as Romper's wet dreams

Location hidden

#175883 Oct 21, 2013
For Jacqueau
Boner shrinker

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#175884 Oct 21, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
The summary of the applicable laws and holdings from the Congressional Research report:
The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.
Ted met the requirements for US citizenship "at birth" and thus is a natural born citizen
it is curious that CRS invokes a new rule of citizenship "at birth" heretofore never practiced in this country. Judge McElwee paraphrased the court in Ark:“[T]the fact remained that for all persons born outside of the jurisdiction of the United States a naturalization by authority of Congress has been required in order to become a citizen. Native born citizens hold citizenship by birth. U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark, Supra.”

It really seems the CRS has attempted to enlarge the "established rule" of citizenship by birth within the dominion (from common law) to simply citizenship by birth within the dominion or via statute.

In Ark, the court refered to "the established rule of citizenship BY BIRTH WITHIN THE DOMINION" at 674.[emphasis added]

“Here is nothing to countenance the theory that a general rule of citizenship by blood or descent has displaced in this country the fundamental RULE OF CITIZENSHIP BY BIRTH WITHIN ITS SOVEREIGNTY.”[emphasis added] at 674.

The CRS styled rule of natural born citizenship "at {foreign) birth" never existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 3-28-15 14 min A Van Buren 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min PolakPotrafi 1,207,397
Jailbird Jesse Jackson Jr 36 min aaron shlock 4
Emanuel says Chicagoa s financial crisis was 30... 41 min miss ann elk 2
Abby 3-30-15 42 min RACE 13
Dear Abby March 24 1 hr Mister Tonka 22
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 69,319
Amy 3-30-15 12 hr Kuuipo 35
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]