BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Jan 8, 2009 Read more: Chicago Tribune 187,012
The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#175848 Oct 20, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Why is it that the democrats through the lawsuits brought by ACLU back under Reagan sued to have the mentally ill turned out on the streets rather then get the care and supervision that many of them need. Now we see some of them get their hands on guns and kill many innocent people, and the democrats reaction is not that of compassion and a desire to help the mentally ill, but to restrict or remove the constitutional rights of the law abiding citizen to own a weapon and defend themselves and their families from these troubled individuals. Why is that Jacque?
Actually that was done by LBJ and Jimmy Carter. All Reagan did was close EMPTY mental hospitals. But Libtards will never accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong. After all, intent is more important than results.
Joe OBiden

Jacksonville, FL

#175849 Oct 20, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I've hung out with welfare recipients. One of them was a mother with two hydrocephalus boys that, outside of special adapted school, she had to care for constantly. They don't talk, walk, are incontinent and mentally challenged. The husband of course left after the 2nd one arrived.§he had no choice! No one would hire a person who could only work from 9 to 3PM, no weekends and no July-Aug when school is closed. I've known some bad welfare dudes, yes, but I've known as many who deserve compassion and respect. You put all welfare recipients and anti-war activists in the same bag, yet in the same breath, offer stuff , in one of your last posts, "our Saviour Jesus Christ". Well, Mr. Holier-than-thou, I wonder how your saviour feels about your very uncharitable and un-Christian sentiments towards people who are struggling.
She should have aborted them.

Location hidden

#175850 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny as my younger sister was born in a U.S. Army hospital, in Munich Germany and was issued a DS-1350 and was never naturalized!
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_ ...
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your sister born between 1802 and 1855? No? So your story is irrelevant?- thanks for sharing
If you have a DS-1350 it does not matter if you were born on Mars as you are recognized as a NBC. What if Ted Cruz has one?
Learn to Read

Fairmount, IN

#175851 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny as my younger sister was born in a U.S. Army hospital, in Munich Germany and was issued a DS-1350 and was never naturalized!

If you have a DS-1350 it does not matter if you were born on Mars as you are recognized as a NBC. What if Ted Cruz has one?
Ted is a Natural Born Citizen. Your "life experiences" have no impact

Location hidden

#175852 Oct 20, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted is a Natural Born Citizen. Your "life experiences" have no impact
If both of his parents are American citizens, he is no matter where he is born. So his father was born in Cuba, so what. It is when he became a US citizen that counts.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#175853 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny as my younger sister was born in a U.S. Army hospital, in Munich Germany and was issued a DS-1350 and was never naturalized!
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_...
DS-1350 is irrelevant. One born in foreign country a citizen is either natural born citizen if diplomatic status, or automatically naturalized per statute. It isn't always necessary to apply for naturalization in order to be naturalized.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the natural born language in the Naturalization Act of the First Congress was erroneously included. The language was removed in 1795. In fact from 1802 to about 1855 children born outside of the US were aliens that had to be naturalized when brought to the US by their parents.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#175854 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>If both of his parents are American citizens, he is no matter where he is born. So his father was born in Cuba, so what. It is when he became a US citizen that counts.
Under US law he became a US citizen at birth. So you blather on, so what. Your ramblings do not count
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#175855 Oct 20, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Under US law he became a US citizen at birth. So you blather on, so what. Your ramblings do not count
I'm sorry LtR, who again was it that made you king to determine who's opinion counts and who's doesn't? Rather haughty of you I would say!
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#175856 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that was done by LBJ and Jimmy Carter. All Reagan did was close EMPTY mental hospitals. But Libtards will never accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong. After all, intent is more important than results.
I stand corrected. Thank you Rogue. Liberals only ever demand they be judged by there intent, and never by the results. That is why they are so consumed by symbolism over substance.

Bristol, CT

#175857 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
If both of his parents are American citizens, he is no matter where he is born. So his father was born in Cuba, so what. It is when he became a US citizen that counts.
It is how he became a citizen that may count -- per statute rather than native birth.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#175858 Oct 20, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry LtR, who again was it that made you king to determine who's opinion counts and who's doesn't? Rather haughty of you I would say!
The opinions of the Supreme Court count. Not mine, yours or Rouge's. The law and their holdings are clear - rather ignorant of you to ignore them I would say

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#175859 Oct 20, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Since the seventies there have been 17 shutdowns,mostly over budget and disagreements. The last was over a raise for Congress.
Not too good at answering questions , are you? How many days in total for those 17 shutdowns? Does the total surpass the last birther shutdown?

Bristol, CT

#175860 Oct 20, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, not true. Some people with DS-1350 are NBC, other might not be.

Bristol, CT

#175861 Oct 20, 2013
From ankeny decision:

"We reiterate that we do not address
the question of natural born citizen status
for persons who became United States citizens
at birth by virtue of being born of
United States citizen parents, despite the
fact that they were born abroad. That question
was not properly presented to this
court. Without addressing the question,
however, we note that nothing in our opinion
today should be understood to hold that
being born within the fifty United States is
the only way one can receive natural born
citizen status."

In fact, no court has ever decided this issue.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#175862 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Not too good at answering questions , are you? How many days in total for those 17 shutdowns? Does the total surpass the last birther shutdown?
Clinton worked with Congress as did other Presidents in similar instances, not every one is as much of an arrogant narcissistic radical as Obama who completely refused to compromise or negotiate. It would have benefited Obama if he had delay installation of ObamaKare for one year while they attempted to work out the failures.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#175863 Oct 20, 2013
The summary of the applicable laws and holdings from the Congressional Research report:

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.

Ted met the requirements for US citizenship "at birth" and thus is a natural born citizen
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#175865 Oct 20, 2013
wojar wrote:
From ankeny decision:
"We reiterate that we do not address
the question of natural born citizen status
for persons who became United States citizens
at birth by virtue of being born of
United States citizen parents, despite the
fact that they were born abroad. That question
was not properly presented to this
court. Without addressing the question,
however, we note that nothing in our opinion
today should be understood to hold that
being born within the fifty United States is
the only way one can receive natural born
citizen status."
In fact, no court has ever decided this issue.
"born of United States citizen parentS". Thank you, Twinkerbelle.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#175866 Oct 20, 2013
There's that darn "S" again! LMAO!

FACT: The US Constitution requires the president to be a NATURAL-BORN CITIZEN
FACT: John Jay wrote a letter to George Washington suggesting the requirement be made
FACT: The description of natural-born citizen was derived from Vattel's work, Law of Nations § 212
FACT: In the SCOTUS decision, The Venus, 1814, Justice Marshall defines 'natural-born citizen' using Vattel's work, but in his own words saying,(#123)'Vattel, who, though not very full to this point, is more explicit and more satisfactory on it than any other whose work has fallen into my hands, says,'the citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or indigenes, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.'
Iron Ranger

Duluth, MN

#175867 Oct 20, 2013
What I saw in the news was a Certificate of Birth not a Birth Certificate.
A person in Minnesota CAN NOT use a Cert. of Birth for identification to apply for a driver license. Interesting that anyone would consider Obama's Cert. of Birth to be acceptable to become President of the United States when he could not even apply for a driver license in Minnesota with it.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#175868 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Obama's shutdown on October 1 was punitive. It was Obama's decision to give 'some' government employees two plus weeks of paid vacation,he doesn't care how much it costs or how much it cost to pay security to keep people out of open air parks. Obama wouldn't pay for Armed Forces Television,but he paid for Public Broadcasting. Obama stopped people from taking pictures of Mt Rushmore,but he didn't close his favorite golf course. Obama cut funding for Amber Alert,but he wouldn't cut funding to staff his wife's favorite web site. Obama decided that many employee were expendable,but he wouldn't consider dozens of White House staff people like the ones used to apply his makeup and makeup for his wife expendable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,217,603
Abby 4.21.15 4 min tiredofit 5
Amy 4.21.15 9 min Mister Tonka 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min SpaceBlues 52,739
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min scirocco 69,629
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,353
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr RACE 5,193
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]