why is it that conservatives only see the world in terms of black & white.<quoted text>
I have not, but honestly I don't hang out with welfare recipients. Another reason that I could never be a democrat or vote for one, as they consistently show contempt for the kind of citizen that I am. One who loves our savior Jesus Christ, the constitution, his country and family. They refer to citizens like myself as "teahadists".
all welfare recipients are moochers, lazy and refuse to find a job. Paul Ryan was a beneficially of welfare/social security at the age of 16, it allowed him to go to college.
While there are bad apples in every group, many welfare recipients would rather work. Considering the recent recession and the number of people laid off should tell you that. I know a couple of people who have been looking for work for almost a year.
I also know that homeless shelters have been modifying their shelters to accommodate families....as for food banks, just ask the people who run them how things are going.
There is a big disconnect in this country. People are completely ignorant of what other Americans are going through. I don't know if its intentional or not. The ranks of the poor are growing, the middle class is shrinking and there is a major wealth redistribution, from the lower 90% to the top 10%.
Funny you proclaim your love for Jesus, but it would seem to me that you are paying him lip service. Jesus was all about helping the poor.
Let's talk about love of country....it also seems to me that more Democrats served their country in the Military than Republicans. How many Republicans in the George W Bush white house actually served?
Bush disdained the military and refused to follow their counsel concerning the invasion of Iraq. Instead he chose to let two idiot civilians with no military command experience run the war. Generals who openly disagreed and spoke their minds (with the welfare of their troops their foremost concern) were quickly cashiered out. We should have gone in with 500K troops insteand of Rumsnuts war on the cheap 140K. After the ouster of Saddam, the military was overruled by Bremmer and Woldowitz about using Iraqi troops to maintain the peace.
Now lets look at Democrats
Jim Webb who besides serving has a son in the Marines
Joe Biden's son is serving
Richard Gephardt: Air National Guard, 1965-71.
* David Bonior: Staff Sgt., Air Force 1968-72.
* Tom Daschle: 1st Lt., Air Force SAC 1969-72.
* Al Gore: enlisted Aug. 1969; sent to Vietnam Jan. 1971 as an army
journalist in 20th Engineer Brigade.
* Bob Kerrey: Lt. j.g. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam.
* Daniel Inouye: Army 1943-47; Medal of Honor, WWII.
* John Kerry: Lt., Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V,
* Charles Rangel: Staff Sgt., Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea.
* Max Cleland: Captain, Army 1965-68; Silver Star &Bronze Star,
* Ted Kennedy: Army, 1951-53.
* Tom Harkin: Lt., Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74.
* Jack Reed: Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.
* Fritz Hollings: Army officer in WWII; Bronze Star and seven
* Leonard Boswell: Lt. Col., Army 1956-76; Vietnam, DFCs, Bronze
Stars, and Soldier's Medal.
* Pete Peterson: Air Force Captain, POW. Purple Heart, Silver Star
and Legion of Merit.
* Mike Thompson: Staff sergeant, 173rd Airborne, Purple Heart.
* Bill McBride: Candidate for Fla. Governor. Marine in Vietnam; Bronze
Star with Combat V.
* Gray Davis: Army Captain in Vietnam, Bronze Star.
* Pete Stark: Air Force 1955-57
* Chuck Robb: Vietnam
* Howell Heflin: Silver Star
* George McGovern: Silver Star &DFC during WWII.
* Jimmy Carter: Seven years in the Navy.
* Walter Mondale: Army 1951-1953
* John Glenn: WWII and Korea; six DFCs and Air Medal with 18
* Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground