BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 222653 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#175513 Oct 17, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
This is a very useful list. Refer to it today as Path goes about demented way.
Some traits of the disorder that plagues Twinkerbelle and Pathological Liar.
Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
He meets every criteria! LMAO!
Bumped as a reference guide for Path's behavior!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#175514 Oct 17, 2013
Grand Bither wrote:
<quoted text>
This birfoon is so bored and lonely he responds within seconds to everyone of my posts. What sad, pathetic life. Please seek help.
LMAO! Within seconds? Replied to all your posts? LMAO! I replied to one (1) of your worthless posts! Burper, 1 does not equal all. And, within seconds? Hmm, looks more like 9 or 10 hours to me. LMAO! Now, what were you attempting to mumble? Grand Burper....pretty much says it all! LMAO!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#175515 Oct 17, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Psst, STUPID! CBS News: ObamaCare Launch 'A Complete Disaster'
Of course you already knew that would be the result, right?
Just like Obama's Red Line on Syria use of Chemical Weapons, Obama has painted himself into a corner. But this time Putin will not save him like he did in Syria!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#175516 Oct 17, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
Well, here we are.
1. Cost of shutdown, approx.$24 billion;
2. Millions deprived of salaries, pensions, social security
3. Parks closed, tourism affected
4. National monuments closes
5. Arlington, other military cemeteries closed
6. Financial uncertainty throughout the U.S, and the world
7. Loss of confidence, U.S. and foreign investors
8. Credit rating may again be affected, driving rates higher
9. Bad image to rest of world
10. Etc
None of the above is criticism, but rather, observations that are borne out by both reasonable Democrats and Republicans.
And for what? ZILCH. Speaker's job in jeopardy. Senior senator McCain is disgusted, ashamed. The so-called soft wuss, Obama, crushed these blackmailers who would jeopardize Obamacare by holdng up routine bills , Obamacare that had been approved by the two chambers, signed by the president and confirmed by the majority conservative supreme court. LRS said Roberts had been bought by Obama. Still waiting for source or proof of that.
The costs of ObamaKare is to the United States "approximately" Trillions of dollars and effects nearly 300 million United States citizens. Why was Obama so punitive to close parks, National monuments,Arlington, and other military cemeteries. All he had at the end of September was agree to 'negotiate' and 'compromise' on the delay of ObamaKare. A delay on implementation of ObamaKare would have been a benefit to Obama and the Democrats because they would have had another year to work out the problems they were not able to work out the last five years. We now are in more drastic need of health care reform than ever before because of this failure and the Democrats refusal to accept any input from the Republicans prior to illegally passing their 'signature' bill.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#175517 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. We gave Obama a chance to SAVE ObamaCare and he blew us off. The Individual has two gates to pass soon the first being January First and then April First and both times it will fail and whom will they blame? Well, they can't blame the Republicans be we TOLD YOU SO!
Yep, six months before the 2014 general elections ObamaCare will start to fall apart all because Obama dug his heals in. If he is having a hard time dealing with a Republican House how will he deal also with a Republican Senate?!?<quoted text>
Do you have any idea what the House vote on repealing the tax on medical appliances was like 405 to 17. IOWs, most Democrats in the House voted to do away with the tax and if Dirty Hairy Reid had allowed a vote in the Senate they probably would have gotten a VETO PROOF vote but Dirty Hair would not allow the vote!
Oh, so now about 2,500 Americans will loose their jobs which will go overseas to companies that do not have to pay those taxes.
What's with the demeaning names with every politician,(democrats) you don't like? Now it "dirty hair". Very childish, disrespectful, unnecessary. It shows a lack of ammunition. You can't replace meaningful discourse with just plain noise.

What is this about the 2,500 Americans who will lose their jobs? Since when do imported products not pay federal and state taxes? Can you explain?

Ottawa

#175518 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh Jacqueau, you seemed to rejoice that our economy lost $24 Billion in the government shut down BUT if you had studied your history you would have known that happened in 1995-96 when Newt Gingrich shut down the government (we all know Clinton did not).
The 3rd Qtr 1995 GDP was about 4% but because of the shut down it dropped to 3% for the 4th Qtr. But Bill signed the balanced budget and the 1st Qtr 1996 the GDP had jumped to ..... 7%!!!!! Yep, it made up more than it lost ... BIG TIME!!!!
No, no, I don't rejoice like you do. I even pointed out that I was making observations, not criticism and certainly not rejoicing. Unlike you, I don't click my heels when politicians of any stripe fail as it is we the taxpayers who eventually pay. But you don't care about that, as long as Obama and the democrats trip up, which is disappointing because they don't do that as much as you would like. The Tea party and Speaker Boehner played chicken with Obama. They lost. Plain and simple. And it cost $24 billion PLUS all the 8 other items I listed for you. Some ignorant Tea partyers whose names I forget but who spoke on CNN, said that default would not be such a bad thing after all...Imagine that. Did they care that ALL gov't employees, including the military, those on social security, etc, would either not be paid at all or see their emoluments decreased considerably so the interest on the debt could be paid? Did they care that interest rates would zoom up, crippling the economy even more and killing the housing and commercial markets? Nope.

I WILL comment on good and bad things about ANY country, including yours, and will rejoice when things go well, and NEVER rejoice when they don't. It affects me and the rest of the world, and I'm not anxious to see even my opponents fail as in the final analysis, their failure is MY failure. I'm not rejoicing about the supposedly most powerful country in the world, and with that title also supposedly a responsible leader, go through such an egotistical, childish and cruel process in order to arrive at a 4 to 5-month temporary settlement, with the whole circus recommencing in February 2014. The world is watching in angst, it is worried, and it's not going to help THEIR cause and the U.S.'s.

Ottawa

#175519 Oct 17, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You're off topic. The post number was 175383. Do try and remain on topic. No one is talking about 175486! Makes no difference now, as you've already proven yourself to be a liar.
See my post 175486 which proves that my post 175833 was on page 7757. What a squirming little runt liar. Can't admit, when shown black on white, and here you're subbing for your clone Dale, that you are wrong on this. Not the first time either you have one of your own posts shoved down your throat that you lose it. End of the line on that one for me. Pathetic.

Ottawa

#175520 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Obama's Red Line on Syria use of Chemical Weapons, Obama has painted himself into a corner. But this time Putin will not save him like he did in Syria!
Putin's work on Syria was done in concert with Obama in Moscow, and Putin's and Hassad's near-certainty that the U.S. would bomb. I had said the "line in the sand" was stupid. I was wrong. It worked. Oh, btw, Putin's thugs just invaded a Dutch diplomat's home and beat him up in apparent retaliation for the Netherlands' expulsion of a Russian diplomat. Yup, Putin slaughters Chechens and Georgians, kills journalists, jails dissidents, makes businessmen disappear yet you rate him above your own president. What's that called again, Rogue? Selling out to the enemy come to mind.

Location hidden

#175521 Oct 17, 2013
I believe that Ted Cruz is eligible because of the simple argument outlined by Ilya Shapiro of the libertarian Cato Institute.

“It boils down to whether Cruz is a “natural born citizen” of the United States, the only class of people constitutionally eligible for the presidency… What’s a “natural born citizen”? The Constitution doesn’t say, but the Framers’ understanding, combined with statutes enacted by the First Congress, indicate that the phrase means both birth abroad to American parents — in a manner regulated by federal law — and birth within the nation’s territory regardless of parental citizenship… Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe and former solicitor general Ted Olson… co-authored a memorandum in March 2008 detailing the above legal explanation in the context of John McCain’s eligibility… In other words, anyone who is a citizen at birth — as opposed to someone who becomes a citizen later (“naturalizes”) or who isn’t a citizen at all — can be president…

So the one remaining question is whether Ted Cruz was a citizen at birth. That’s an easy one. The Nationality Act of 1940 outlines which children become ‘nationals and citizens of the United States at birth.’…That single-parent requirement has been amended several times, but under the law in effect between 1952 and 1986 — Cruz was born in 1970 — someone must have a citizen parent who resided in the United States for at least 10 years, including five after the age of 14, in order to be considered a natural-born citizen. Cruz’s mother, Eleanor Darragh, was born in Delaware, lived most of her life in the United States, and gave birth to little Rafael Edward Cruz in her 30s. QED”

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2298/can-ted-cruz-pres...

Location hidden

#175522 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Putin's work on Syria was done in concert with Obama in Moscow, and Putin's and Hassad's near-certainty that the U.S. would bomb. I had said the "line in the sand" was stupid. I was wrong. It worked. Oh, btw, Putin's thugs just invaded a Dutch diplomat's home and beat him up in apparent retaliation for the Netherlands' expulsion of a Russian diplomat. Yup, Putin slaughters Chechens and Georgians, kills journalists, jails dissidents, makes businessmen disappear yet you rate him above your own president. What's that called again, Rogue? Selling out to the enemy come to mind.
No Putin did NOT coordinate with Obummer Boy. He just did it for two reasons. One Russia was taking care of THEIR ally. Next, Putin wanted to put Old Floppy Ears in his place .... and he did.
Obummer Boy got castrated by Putin!

Location hidden

#175523 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
What's with the demeaning names with every politician,(democrats) you don't like? Now it "dirty hair". Very childish, disrespectful, unnecessary. It shows a lack of ammunition. You can't replace meaningful discourse with just plain noise.
What is this about the 2,500 Americans who will lose their jobs? Since when do imported products not pay federal and state taxes? Can you explain?
Because it was an ad valorem tax which is placed at the point of manufacture and since we van not impose at tax on an ad valorem tax on a business outside the U.S., we can not use the ad valorem tax. We could impose an import duty, but that is not the same.

Location hidden

#175524 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
No I do not rate Putin above any of our presidents. And if I should travel to Russia, I would try and comply with all of their laws. But I avoid travel to countries like Russia.

Ottawa

#175525 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I believe that Ted Cruz is eligible because of the simple argument outlined by Ilya Shapiro of the libertarian Cato Institute.
“It boils down to whether Cruz is a “natural born citizen” of the United States, the only class of people constitutionally eligible for the presidency… What’s a “natural born citizen”? The Constitution doesn’t say, but the Framers’ understanding, combined with statutes enacted by the First Congress, indicate that the phrase means both birth abroad to American parents — in a manner regulated by federal law — and birth within the nation’s territory regardless of parental citizenship… Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe and former solicitor general Ted Olson… co-authored a memorandum in March 2008 detailing the above legal explanation in the context of John McCain’s eligibility… In other words, anyone who is a citizen at birth — as opposed to someone who becomes a citizen later (“naturalizes”) or who isn’t a citizen at all — can be president…
So the one remaining question is whether Ted Cruz was a citizen at birth. That’s an easy one. The Nationality Act of 1940 outlines which children become ‘nationals and citizens of the United States at birth.’…That single-parent requirement has been amended several times, but under the law in effect between 1952 and 1986 — Cruz was born in 1970 — someone must have a citizen parent who resided in the United States for at least 10 years, including five after the age of 14, in order to be considered a natural-born citizen. Cruz’s mother, Eleanor Darragh, was born in Delaware, lived most of her life in the United States, and gave birth to little Rafael Edward Cruz in her 30s. QED”
Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2298/can-ted-cruz-pres...
Never mind that Cruz is a Canadian first, a Cuban second and perhaps and American third. No need for that to disqualify him from the presidency. Incompetence and desire to sink his country to oblivion are sufficient, thank you. And being a bark-and-no-bite phenom, losing so utterly to a more skilled, intelligent and experienced man, Barck Obama. He's already started to fade in the background, but will probably be back some time in 2015 to join the likes of 7 or eight more incompetent/buffoon presidential nominee candidates - who'll forget the last bunch which produced offshore Romney. Shows how lamentable the other seven were if HE made it. It instantly assured Obama's victory. I hope Cruz, if he sorts out his citizenship thing and convinces the electorate he is a U.S.citizen (good luck with that, as even I am more American than he is) will be the Repub nominee. It'll ensure Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden is the next president. Are the Republicans that stupid? Yes, they proved it in Nov 2008 with Palin and 2012 with Romney and just now with the gov't shutdown.

Ottawa

#175526 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No Putin did NOT coordinate with Obummer Boy. He just did it for two reasons. One Russia was taking care of THEIR ally. Next, Putin wanted to put Old Floppy Ears in his place .... and he did.
Obummer Boy got castrated by Putin!
Your anti-Obama sentiment gets the best of you...every single time. And you side with Putin, the Russian president. Way to go, Rogue, way to show your true colours. Are you presently draped in the hammer and sickle flag along with un-American Lady?

In Moscow, at the G-20 summit, Obama was not supposed to have a one-on-one with Putin. Yet, Putin and his ally Hassad were cowering, sure that Obama had resolved to bomb Hassad and, even without doing all that much damage, could result in Hassad's overthrow. They had the meeting. Perhaps Putin, and you'll never know and neither will I, suggested the removal of chemical weapons, and Obama, the intelligent pragmatist, accepted. Who cares who proposed it? The important thing is why it was proposed/accepted. Putin put Floppy Ear (why again these pejorative attributes? is that all you've got, infantile name-calling of your president?) in his place? I don't think so. You HAVE to say that, you NEED to say that on account of your hate for that man in the WHITE House. No one put anyone in anyone's place, sorry. It's called diplomacy. Thank god you never practiced it.

Oh, and Obama was approached by Iran shortly thereafter. Well, well, what brought that on? Iran scared, impressed? Who knows?

Ottawa

#175527 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it was an ad valorem tax which is placed at the point of manufacture and since we van not impose at tax on an ad valorem tax on a business outside the U.S., we can not use the ad valorem tax. We could impose an import duty, but that is not the same.
I don't think you know what an ad volarem tax is, my friend. I shan't explain it to you. Just read this :

Ad Valorem Tax

Filed Under » Alternative Investments, Government & Politics, Property Tax, Real Estate Investing, Tax Policy

Dictionary Says
Definition of 'Ad Valorem Tax'
A tax based on the assessed value of real estate or personal property. Ad valorem taxes can be property tax or even duty on imported items. Property ad valorem taxes are the major source of revenue for state and municipal governments.

Municipal property ad valorem taxes are also known as "property taxes".
Investopedia Says
Investopedia explains 'Ad Valorem Tax'
The phrase ad valorem is Latin for "according to value". In the case of municipal property taxes, property owners have their property assessed on a periodic basis by a public tax assessor. The assessed value of the property is then used to compute an annual tax, which is levied on the owner by his or her municipality. Ad valorem taxes are incurred through ownership of an asset, in contrast to transactional taxes, such as sales taxes, which are incurred only at the time of transaction.

Ottawa

#175528 Oct 17, 2013
Oh, lest I plagiarize :

www.investopedia.com/terms/a/advaloremtax.asp... ;

Traduire cette page
A tax based on the assessed value of real estate or personal property. Ad valorem taxes can be property tax or even duty on imported items. Property ad valorem ...

Oh, if it doesn't work, just google ad valorem, it's all there.
Foolishness

Spokane, WA

#175529 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Never mind that Cruz is a Canadian first, a Cuban second and perhaps and American third. No need for that to disqualify him from the presidency. Incompetence and desire to sink his country to oblivion are sufficient, thank you. And being a bark-and-no-bite phenom, losing so utterly to a more skilled, intelligent and experienced man, Barck Obama. He's already started to fade in the background, but will probably be back some time in 2015 to join the likes of 7 or eight more incompetent/buffoon presidential nominee candidates - who'll forget the last bunch which produced offshore Romney. Shows how lamentable the other seven were if HE made it. It instantly assured Obama's victory. I hope Cruz, if he sorts out his citizenship thing and convinces the electorate he is a U.S.citizen (good luck with that, as even I am more American than he is) will be the Repub nominee. It'll ensure Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden is the next president. Are the Republicans that stupid? Yes, they proved it in Nov 2008 with Palin and 2012 with Romney and just now with the gov't shutdown.
You could have said that about Obama in 2008. Never mind that Obama is a Kenyan first, a Indonesian second and perhaps and Muslim third. No need for that to disqualify him from the presidency. Incompetence and desire to sink his country to self- destruction are sufficient, thank you. And being a celebrity of the day phenom, with no true resume or experiance. He's already started to prove that he hates our country and wants to destroy The Constitution and our way of life. He has never ran an honest election,after his first election was a complete landslide lost to a former Black Panther he decided to run on deceit and crooked tactics or he never would have won any local elections. I hope Obama,if he sorts out his citizenship thing and convinces the electorate he is a U.S.citizen (good luck with that,even Suddam Hussein is more American than he is).

Ottawa

#175530 Oct 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not rate Putin above any of our presidents. And if I should travel to Russia, I would try and comply with all of their laws. But I avoid travel to countries like Russia.
Yes, you rate him above your own president. You always did, in many posts, sets Putin as an example for Obama. So, you like laws that allow no dissidents, you like laws that do not allow freedom of speech? You like laws that assassinate journalists and businessmen? You like laws that goes into Georgia, an independent country, and massacres its people. You like laws that allow for the slaughter of Chechens? You like laws that openly back Hassad of Syria and the Ayatollahs in Iran? Is that a fair comparison with your country?

Why don't you do to democratic Russia for a visit? You may learn a few things. You like to write letters to the editor, right? Why don't you write a letter to Pravda critizing Putin? See if it gets published. Try the same thing at home with your local newspaper, criticizing Obama. I don't know it it'll be published, but I guarantee you many letters criticizing Obama have been published in your country, and others.

Ottawa

#175531 Oct 17, 2013
From the excellent comic strip "Non Sequitur" in today's newspapers :

A judge is giving his conclusions to the plaintiff's attorney:

"No, the Constitution does not give your client the right to enforce his own economic theory, and it is called extortion', not "supply an demand".

Ottawa

#175532 Oct 17, 2013
Foolishness wrote:
<quoted text> You could have said that about Obama in 2008. Never mind that Obama is a Kenyan first, a Indonesian second and perhaps and Muslim third. No need for that to disqualify him from the presidency. Incompetence and desire to sink his country to self- destruction are sufficient, thank you. And being a celebrity of the day phenom, with no true resume or experiance. He's already started to prove that he hates our country and wants to destroy The Constitution and our way of life. He has never ran an honest election,after his first election was a complete landslide lost to a former Black Panther he decided to run on deceit and crooked tactics or he never would have won any local elections. I hope Obama,if he sorts out his citizenship thing and convinces the electorate he is a U.S.citizen (good luck with that,even Suddam Hussein is more American than he is).
This is a first. Of all the demented birther conclusions, I believe this is the first I've seen that brands Obama an Indonesian. Hey, I've been to the States, does that make me a U.S. citizen? Anyhow, would you please understand that "Muslim" is not a nationality any more than being Jewish or Catholic? Obama hates the U.S. and is destroying the Constitution? Easy to say, but harder to prove, no? Prove those two allegations.

You THINK Obama was born in Kenya. No proof, though he has proven he WAS born in Hawaii. No one denies Cruz was born in Canada from a Cuban father and American mother. But hey, he's a Republican, he's okay, he's a real natural-born U.S, citizen. Hey, "Foolisness" from Seattle (loved Seattle, nice place), did you know that Cruz (he admitted it) never renounced his Canadian citizenship? He IS Canadian btw, as anyone born on Canadian soil, no matter who or what, is a Canadian. Now, LRS, GB KFC, Frank, Rogue, UnAmerican Lady will tell you that you cannot be a U.S. citizen AND hold dual nationality, which is Cruz's case. Oh oh, want to comment on that? Would that not refer to the 14th which birthers keep bandying around?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,419,701
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Not Documented 61,059
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,427
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ize Found 70,958
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 9 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 10 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages