BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,705)

Showing posts 154,081 - 154,100 of173,742
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Ya know, if this had happened in a loony-lefty state, she would have been arrested!

WATCH 72 Year Old Woman Shoots Home Invader Who Beat Friend With A Bat
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
If this president is so transparent, why the secrecy surrounding all his school records? None of you seem to care or be able to answer that. One that that can't be disputed, Barack is a natural born follower. His "lead from behind" strategy has not served the country well at all.
Don't remember Obama pledging to furnish anyone who asks with his personal information. Harvard has them. Did you try asking them?

At least you have wrapped your head around the "natural born" thing.

You saying everything would be sunshine and puppies if we only had Mr. Magic Underwear in the White House?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Cheney, who would send thousands of Americans to their death as Sec of Defence and later VP, who never served a day, was okay with his education deferment, but not Clinton. Please explain;
Have you ever explained Romney's two non-military careers? They sure looked healthy on TV. Biden's son served, didn't he? Waiting. As usual, in your very words, I do not expect a reply from you, but rather the same distortions in a week or two.
Powell resigned, totally disgusted at the Iraq WMD sham. Period.
You do know that Dick Cheney was just the VICE president, don't you? What authority did he have to do what you said he did? The PRESIDENT makes those decisions, not the Veep, not the SecDef, the PRESIDENT!!!
You are so blinded by your bigotry it is beyond me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Speaker Tip O"Neil shut down the government a DOZEN time while Reagan was president over such things as funding for abortions. Did that bother you then or is it only when Republicans do it?
By the way, it takes two sides to shut down the government.
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am saying if you are going to "Take a stand"...
You should have the balls to look into those cameras and tell the people why without passing the buck or lying.
Well,,,,,, Speaker Bonehead has been doing that. He has been willing to negotiate but Obama refuses to. Reagan negotiated with Tip O'Neil but Obummer Boy seems to be above negotiating.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying is that while this president has spent the equivalent of over 6 months of 40 hour work weeks on the golf course since being elected, not counting vacation time, that adding over $7 trillion in debt onto the backs of our children's future is a sign of real leadership and responsibility?
You obviously have a problem with reading comprehension.

The shutdown isn't about golf.

If the GOP wants "leadership and responsibility" they can field a candidate that will provide it.

Not that it matters. They have taken out their political frustrations on vets, women and children now. Those vets aren't going to just forget about this.

Prepare for Queen Clinton.

We deserve it.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am saying if you are going to "Take a stand"...

You should have the balls to look into those cameras and tell the people why without passing the buck or lying.
Shutting down the Government is the first campaign promise the TeaBaggers have kept. They're so used to blaming Obama, they don't know how to take credit for anything

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
If this president is so transparent, why the secrecy surrounding all his school records? None of you seem to care or be able to answer that. One that that can't be disputed, Barack is a natural born follower. His "lead from behind" strategy has not served the country well at all.
Why should he show his school records? How about Mitt Romney's tax filings? Why 6 months late filing his 2011 tax report? How about records as to why his two very-healthy sons never served in the military? Did Mitt serve at all? Why all the secrecy?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying is that while this president has spent the equivalent of over 6 months of 40 hour work weeks on the golf course since being elected, not counting vacation time, that adding over $7 trillion in debt onto the backs of our children's future is a sign of real leadership and responsibility?
It's on record. Obama has spent less time vacationing than almost all other presidents. He doesn't even own a "2nd White House", like most other presidents did. You rant about the debt rising (while the deficit keeps falling, you forget that) while Obama's on vacation, yet nothing about GWB spending so much time at his Texas "White House" while thousands of Americans were dying in made-up wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying that this president, who has spent the equivalent of over 6 months worth of 40 hour work weeks on the golf course since being elected, and has added over $7 trillion in debt onto the backs of our children's future and refuses to even sit down and negotiate is demonstrating real leadership? And you defend that? I do hope it wasn't one of your children arriving at Dover AFB that he has denied death benefits. I'm just saying.
The Canadian/Cuban and wannabe American Cruz and his ridiculous and treacherous Tea Party vagabonds have denied death benefits to deceased military next-of-kin, with assistance from their speaker. Not Obama.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying that this president, who has spent the equivalent of over 6 months worth of 40 hour work weeks on the golf course since being elected, and has added over $7 trillion in debt onto the backs of our children's future and refuses to even sit down and negotiate is demonstrating real leadership? And you defend that? I do hope it wasn't one of your children arriving at Dover AFB that he has denied death benefits. I'm just saying.
Again... reading comprehension.

None of my post had anything at all to do with golf or how many hours the president is required to work in a week or a month.

I absolutely defend him not sitting down with people who he already had an agreement with. This was a done deal as far as he was concerned. The GOP decided to renege. Not Obama.

==========
We strike a deal and I agree to sell my house to you for 300K. We shake on it, smile and agree to meet in 60 days to sign paperwork and close the deal.

56 days later....I decide that I want 360K and you find out I filled in my pool with cement and there was a moderate fire in my garage two weeks ago... are you going to show up at closing?

No?

Really, why aren't you returning my calls?

Now... how does any of this become YOUR FAULT?
==========

You aren't returning my calls for the very same reason Obama is done negotiating. Obama is as much at fault for those death benefits as you are for not buying my house.

I know the debt ceiling is not a house. The principal is the same. Two sides had negotiated a deal, one side wants to change the deal at the last minute and the other side isn't going to play along.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Speaker Tip O"Neil shut down the government a DOZEN time while Reagan was president over such things as funding for abortions. Did that bother you then or is it only when Republicans do it?
By the way, it takes two sides to shut down the government.
<quoted text>
Well,,,,,, Speaker Bonehead has been doing that. He has been willing to negotiate but Obama refuses to. Reagan negotiated with Tip O'Neil but Obummer Boy seems to be above negotiating.
Why would you negotiate with people who have already reneged on your original deal?

What is the point?

Even after you come to terms there is no guarantee they will honor their agreement.

This was done in July Rouge. Negotiations were over months ago. We had two happy parties leave the table and a situation that hasn't changed at all since.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
I know rightwingers do not believe in court testimony or hearings in Congress but the CEOs of Tobacco companies all lied under oath.
Typical that Rogue would rush to the defence of Tobacco barons, they who KNEW that nicotine, tar, and other cancerous junk in their product were lethal, yet they even had phoney doctors advertise the goodness and purity of smoking their "coffin nails". So much of their own evidence destroyed, it's on record, how they misled the public, specially our youth. They have now developed the "smokeless" cigarette, death to all still, smokers and contact smokers alike, no change, but they are stealthy, like Rogue's favourite and unseen airplane killers. Two provinces are suing the tobacco killers here now, billions of $. Hope they win. Rogue is a serf, he serves his palatial masters, lives under their walls, gives them ransom crops and defends them against all "enemies".

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

<quoted text>
Why should he show his school records? How about Mitt Romney's tax filings? Why 6 months late filing his 2011 tax report? How about records as to why his two very-healthy sons never served in the military? Did Mitt serve at all? Why all the secrecy?
Mitt got a religious deferment. Maybe he was waiting for the planet Kolob to return with alien Jesus.

No, he did not serve.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS.
Really? Did Cheney not get an education deferment? All fair and square. Tell us why Clinton's deferment was not okay. And, you deny that Mitt Romney never served? While he should have, did he not have a religious deferment so he could knock on Parisians' doors to sell the Joe Smith/Brigham Young faith? You deny his two healthy sons never served in the military? Do you or is all of the aforementioned TRUTH not true because it comes from across the border? You deny that Powell was so disgusted with the White Houae gang of 5 that he resigned and more or less abandoned the Republican party? Any more bright intellectual responses like "Pure BS"? "Can you hear us coming?" You still haven't explained why you used that song every day during the 2012 campaign and stopped after November 6. Nothing to do with Romney's sure-thing election, by any chance? Pure BS? Yes. Yours.

<quoted text>
So, Cheney, who would send thousands of Americans to their death as Sec of Defence and later VP, who never served a day, was okay with his education deferment, but not Clinton. Please explain;
Have you ever explained Romney's two non-military careers? They sure looked healthy on TV. Biden's son served, didn't he? Waiting. As usual, in your very words, I do not expect a reply from you, but rather the same distortions in a week or two.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe not that long as Reagan was willing to NEGOTIATE. Something that is not in Obama's vocabulary.
You, as usual, miss the point. Negotiate what? Obamacare was voted into law by both houses of the legislature, signed by the president, challenged in Supreme court where it prevailed. That is called the will of the people as exercised by the very same people who voted for them. I repeat, negotiate what?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutting down the Government is the first campaign promise the TeaBaggers have kept. They're so used to blaming Obama, they don't know how to take credit for anything
I don't get what they don't comprehend about this.

Why in the hell would you look to entertain negotiations with people who broke their word with you over the same subject?

"Why won't he compromise?"

He did. In July.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romney issue, just like Dick Cheney's, have been answered a dozen times already. As far as Powell's resignation, it happened in November 16, 2004 after the general election well after MAJOR COMBAT in Iraq was over but during the time the Amb. Wilson/Valerie Plame scandal broke. If it was because of the Iraq thing, why did he wait 2-3 years to do so?!?
You wrote : "The Romney issue, just like Dick Cheney's, have been answered a dozen times already. " Have they? Please remind me of Mitt Romney's and his two sons' reasons for not serving and why they are okay. Romney sr had a religious deferment, right?, as he knocked on Parisian doors to tell the French how Jesus came to the United States and how blacks and non-Mormons were abominations, LRS (tme reg'd). Remind me why it was okay for Cheney to get an education deferment but , according to you, not okay for Clinton to get one. I'll wait. Hmmm, how long?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Dick Cheney was just the VICE president, don't you? What authority did he have to do what you said he did? The PRESIDENT makes those decisions, not the Veep, not the SecDef, the PRESIDENT!!!
Bigotry? Do you even know what the word signifies? I don't think so. I don't agree with your fantasies, that makes me a bigot?

You know very well why Cheney has so often been called President Cheney. I can't prove it, as it is unwritten, but it's believed in many circles that Cheney, Rumsfeld and Grove held the reins of gov't. Not unlike Reagan, GWB's underlings would avoid as much as possible any one-on-one GWB-head of other state meeting. No telling what Reagan or GWB could have uttered.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, just hit me, The dumbness of your reply. Presidential decision? What? We were talking about military deferments for Cheney, Romney, his two sons and Clinton's. You seriously think you can change the subject thus and get away with it. Questions once more :

1. Why is it okay for Cheney to get an education deferment and it's not, according to you, for Clinton. That's right, scramble or just don't reply. Big surprise;

2. Romney AND his 2 brimming-with-good-health sons never served. Explanation, please.

Yawn. Still waiting for confirmation of false and outrageous STATEMENTS you made 1 year ago. Not likely to get quick answers on the above, am I?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Really? Did Cheney not get an education deferment? All fair and square. Tell us why Clinton's deferment was not okay. And, you deny that Mitt Romney never served? While he should have, did he not have a religious deferment so he could knock on Parisians' doors to sell the Joe Smith/Brigham Young faith? You deny his two healthy sons never served in the military? Do you or is all of the aforementioned TRUTH not true because it comes from across the border? You deny that Powell was so disgusted with the White Houae gang of 5 that he resigned and more or less abandoned the Republican party? Any more bright intellectual responses like "Pure BS"? "Can you hear us coming?" You still haven't explained why you used that song every day during the 2012 campaign and stopped after November 6. Nothing to do with Romney's sure-thing election, by any chance? Pure BS? Yes. Yours.
<quoted text>
Always thought it would be interesting to have a "first to fight" clause in foreign policy.

If any member of Congress has a family member in the military they are the first to ship out if they vote to invade.

The children and grandchildren of Congress should also be in the front of the line for any sort of draft.

You know... make sure it is a TRUE belief that we absolutely must invade. If they are willing to send their own... I am on board. The families of Congress should be ineligable for any deferment or exemption. Save medical, and it better be a serious medical condition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,081 - 154,100 of173,742
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min Midlothian Composer 97,454
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 37 min andet1987 405
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min shinningelectr0n 1,072,818
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min The Troll Stopper 48,695
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 1 hr wow 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr No Warming 45,547
•••

Tornado Watch for Cook County was issued at July 13 at 12:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search