BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#174063 Oct 6, 2013
That should be "BV" for Boeing Vertol. Yes, Boeing makes helicopters. They also had the prototype YUH-61 which competed for the YUH-60 (Blackhawk) for the new Army utility helicopter way back in the late 1960s.

Oh, why do civilian BC-234s have cabin doors but Army CH-47 do not? They are both Chinooks!!! Answer, the Army does not have to comply with FAA rules!

Location hidden

#174064 Oct 6, 2013
There are three civilian models of the Chinook helicopter. The first was the BV-114 which became the CH-47A. Then the BV-234 which became the CH-47B/C and the current model is the BV-414 which is the CH-47D and subsequent models.
The only model to be certified by our FAA is the BV-234.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#174066 Oct 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The United States
Department of Education does not teach a single child,and has 5,000 employees.
<quoted text>
Other than DoD schools, can you name one Federal elementary, middle, or high school? Where in the Tenth Amendment does it give the Federal government the right to interfere with state run schools?
Likewise, can you name me one accomplishment of the Department of Energy besides the production of nuclear weapons?
Likewise, can you name one job creased by the Department of Labor?
The 10th amendment does not prohibit handing out money with attached strings. Schools can simply say they don't want it. that's not a violation of the 10th Amendment.

Also Rouge is totally ignorant of the contributions of DoE to increasing efficiency of fuel cells and batteries. Thise are only two examples. There are so many more I could spend the day listing their accomplishments. I recall when I was at ND the then new chemistry building was right next to the DoE building. There was some amazing work done their by physicists and other scientists. Rouge is simply ignorant.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
5,000 employees pales in comparison to the number of teachers, Fwank.
RU taking your Aricept?
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#174067 Oct 6, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
The airlines, and especially Boeing, didn't even have enough sense to lock the doors of the cockpit.
Could they have been any more clueless?
Profits always trump safety.

All the car companies were against seatbelts not that long ago until the liberal/progressive Ralph Nader brought attention to the issue.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#174068 Oct 6, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
That should be "BV" for Boeing Vertol. Yes, Boeing makes helicopters. They also had the prototype YUH-61 which competed for the YUH-60 (Blackhawk) for the new Army utility helicopter way back in the late 1960s.
Oh, why do civilian BC-234s have cabin doors but Army CH-47 do not? They are both Chinooks!!! Answer, the Army does not have to comply with FAA rules!
And the Army does not have as many weirdos from the general public as passengers in their aircraft.

Location hidden

#174069 Oct 6, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Codename Grillfire
http://tinyurl.com/6k2bw / October 26,2002
I am United States Defense Department Intelligence Operative "Grillfire" aka US Government Federal Agent Timothy S. McNiven; in 1976 I took part in a Democratic - Republican Political Party US Congressional Commissioned Military Study to Improve US Air Travel Security while stationed on Strassberg Kasern in Idar-Oberstein,W.Germany assigned to C-Battery 2/81st FA, US Army 1975-76. The purpose of the Study was to Identify Security Lapses and Submit Corrective Actions to the US Congress; on September 11,2001 the Security Lapses that were used to carry out the Attacks were the same ones that were submitted to the US Congress for Correcting "25 Years" before./http://www.codenamegri llfire.com/index.php?n=1&i d=1
Do you have any idea what a Field Artillery battery is? It consists of SIX cannons/guns and is normally commanded by a CAPTAIN.
Now, what does a "Field Artillery" unit have to do with "Air Defense"? You do know there is a big difference between a Field Artillery unit and an Air Defense Artillery unit, don't you? NO YOU DON"T, you idiot!!!
And that is just one point I picked out that screams FRAUD!!!
Yes, I am Thomas H. Nadeau, CW4 AUS (Ret.) and I have forgotten more about the Army than you will ever know!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#174070 Oct 6, 2013
When, oh when, will the FAA stop coddling the aviation industry and join the rest of the civilized 21st century and get the heavy lead out of general aviation fuel?
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#174072 Oct 6, 2013
in public.

lol

Sorry, I have a quick trigger finger.

Location hidden

#174073 Oct 6, 2013
Warning: Hating Monsanto Impedes Global Economic Growth

Monsanto (NYSE: MON ) attracts quite a bit of criticism for its transgenic crops and seeds, more commonly referred to as Genetically Modified Organisms, or GMOs. The agricultural pioneer has introduced several engineered products aimed at reducing the amount of pesticides, herbicides, and time required during the planting season. In fact, corn and cotton crops that contain genes to produce toxins created from a naturally occurring soil bacterium, Bacillus thuringiensis, have saved farmers $57 billion in pesticide costs from 1996 to 2011.

Yet despite mountains of scientific and economic evidence pointing to the benefits of transgenic crops, many people in the United States and Europe are vehemently opposed to their use and consumption. Public pressure has even led to the creation of state and national mandates, whether they are pending or already passed as law. That is a luxury when you're surrounded by food 24/7. Sadly, this popular and misguided view of agricultural biotechnology compromises the assimilation of genetically modified foods in African countries. It influences international trade and humanitarian aid, thereby stunting economic growth for the world's poorest people. More worrisome: it costs lives.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/10...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#174074 Oct 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
5,000 employees pales in comparison to the number of teachers, Fwank.
RU taking your Aricept?
The Department of Education doesn't employ any teachers, we employ and pay the teachers locally.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#174075 Oct 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Army does not have as many weirdos from the general public as passengers in their aircraft.
Those "weirdos" are a direct result of the radical left wing in our society.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#174077 Oct 6, 2013
Oolongti wrote:
Whatever happened to THe Donald's, Sheriff Arapaio, and the rest of their ilk PROVING beyond a shadow of a douche that the President is not born in this country?
I thought they had irrefutable proof....
guess that went out the door with BIgfoot, chupacabras, and Nessie!
No, Bigfoot, the Chupacabras and Nessie, all were able to produce a legitimate BC without a problem! Obobblehead on the other hand, NOT SO MUCH!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#174078 Oct 6, 2013
Anyone seen any homoapiens lately? LMAO! Sorry, Twinkerbelle...none yet! LMAO!
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#174079 Oct 6, 2013
The only reason the Republicans hate Obamacare is because he stole the Republican healthcare supported by the Heritage Foundation back in the 1990s.

ROTFL

----------

Reasons to Lose Sleep over the Shutdown and Obamacare
October 6, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/kpynj4s
Sure, the government shutdown and Republican demands regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are reprehensible, but let's not delude ourselves about the ACA itself.
It's needlessly complex. It preserves medical treatment as a commodity rather than a right: low-cost policies will provide low-quality insurance. It imposes a direct public subsidy to feed the insurance industry, which helped write the legislation. It isn't universal.
Millions of people who lacked it will now have health insurance, but the coverage they get won't approach the level of health-care access guaranteed to every citizen in every other democratic nation.
Obamacare is a Republican idea. It's based on the individual mandate, an idea introduced by the conservative pro-business Heritage Foundation, promoted by Republican leaders, and enacted in Massachusetts by Gov. Romney. Republicans only began to detest it circa 2009 when President Obama and Democrats made it part of Obamacare.
Conversely, progressives only began to support it when the ACA was introduced. Barack Obama opposed it during his presidential campaign but changed his mind in 2009.
Is it obnoxious to suggest that the dispute over Obamacare was always more about partisan loyalties than substance?
The shutdown will probably end when establishment Republicans convince Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and his fellow Tea Partiers that they've had their fun and now it's time to let adults run the show again. The main GOP objection to Obamacare is the "Obama" part. The legislation's real defects aren't important to the GOP.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/10/06
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#174080 Oct 6, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! The Constitution is the law that binds us into a nation, keep on violating it, soon there won't be a USA, just 50 different nations.
You cannot read into the US Constitution something that it does not say. And there is not a word in the US Constitution that says that either the US-born children of foreigners or US-born dual citizens are not eligible to become president. Not a word.

Under strict construction (remember that?) you cannot interpret the Constitution as saying something unless it actually does says it-----and it does NOT say that two citizen parents are required or that a dual citizen is barred from becoming president. It does not say either of those things. Under libertarian principles neither a law nor the Constitution can take away a right or a privilege unless the Constitution specifically allows that thing to be taken away. And, the Constitution does not specifically take away the right or privilege of the US-born children of foreigners to become president, and it does not take away the right or privilege of the US-born dual citizens either. It does not take away either of those things. It does not SAY any such thing.

And yet slimy Dale wants gullible people to ignore good conservative legal principles such as strict construction and good conservative moral principles such as libertarianism. Why?

Why throw away such principles based solely on hatred of Obama?

The Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." And there is nothing in either the Constitution or in ANY of the writings of the men who were in the Constitutional Convention, or such other American leaders at the time as John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. There NOTHING in any of their writings that says that the US-born children of foreigners are not as eligible as the US-born children of US citizens. Nothing.

And yet slimy Dale thinks that he can convince a few gullible people that the writers of the US Constitution (who never said any such thing) really believed that the US-born children of foreigners (such as perhaps your father or grandfather) are really not as good citizens as the US-born children of US-citizens.

Well, do you think that you are any better a US citizen than your father or grandfather? Do you think that George Washington, who never said any such thing, thought that your US-born ancestors who had foreign parents should be lower-level citizens than the children of US parents at the time? If Washington did think so, he could have said so--but he never did.

Slimy Dale may be afraid of the US-born children of foreigners, but that does not mean that Washington and Franklin and Hamilton and the other writers were. And, since the US-born children of foreigners have proven themselves to be just as loyal as the US-born children of US citizens in two world wars, WE do not think that they are likely to be disloyal---so why should we think that George Washington thought that they were likely to be disloyal either?

Yes, the writers of the US Constitution wanted the president to be a US citizen, not a foreigner. And, yes, they wanted her or him not to be a naturalized citizen. And yes, she or he had to be over 35 and live in the USA for 14 years---but that is ALL. If there had been any other barriers, anyone barred other than that, they would have told us, and they didn't.

THEY DIDN'T. They did NOT say that there is an exception for the US-born children of foreigners to the principle: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL men are created equal..."

Location hidden

#174081 Oct 6, 2013
Yep, I was flying a half dozen civilian reports from Cant Tho to Saigon and two Japanese reporters would not stay in their seats with their seat belts on. I stopped at My Tho and told them they were in Saigon and the two got off. I took the last four to Saigon and put it in my after mission report. Never heard anything about it!
I would rather have a load full of soldiers than two damn civilians.

Location hidden

#174082 Oct 6, 2013
I wanted to let you know that earlier today I received my "Obamacare enrollment packet” from the White House.
It contained:
· An aspirin and a band-aid.
· An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker
· A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign
· A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody' poster
· A 'Tax the Rich' banner
· An application for unemployment
. A free cellphone
· An application for food stamps
· A prayer rug
· A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren
· And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.
Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.

Keep an eye out. Yours should be arriving soon.

wojar

Windsor, CT

#174083 Oct 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Those "weirdos" are a direct result of the radical left wing in our society.
Grow up Frank. Mental illness has plagued mankind since the beginning.

Location hidden

#174084 Oct 6, 2013
Currently viewing the category: "Little Ice Age"
Sun_Blank
YES, solar minimums – like the one now looming – CAN cause ICE AGES, say Swiss scientists
by ROBERT on OCTOBER 3, 2013 · 16 COMMENTS
“It may well be that actually humanity will find itself battling cold rather than heat in the generations to come.”

Continue Reading &#8594;
Germany – Worst flooding in 500 years
by ROBERT on JUNE 5, 2013 · 9 COMMENTS
With water from the Danube, Inn and Ilz rivers relentlessly pouring into the old section of Passau

Continue Reading &#8594;
The new mini ice age is upon us! says astrophysicist
by ROBERT on MAY 13, 2013 · 25 COMMENTS
Piers Corbyn agrees: the mini ice age has started.

Continue Reading &#8594;
The Mini-Ice Age has Arrived
by ROBERT on MARCH 19, 2013 · 34 COMMENTS
“Everything you have been told about carbon dioxide emissions and those of other so-called greenhouse gases “causing” a warming earth is just lies, lies, and lies.”

Continue Reading &#8594;
Sun-Earth Comparison - NASA
‘Something unexpected is happening to the Sun,’ warns NASA
by ROBERT on MARCH 11, 2013 · 27 COMMENTS
Are we headed for a Little Ice Age?

Continue Reading &#8594;
It really feels like the start of a mini ice age, says London Mayor
by ROBERT on JANUARY 21, 2013 · 40 COMMENTS
“The Telegraph’s” Boris Johnson, London’s Mayor, puts his personal observations about the recent winters in the UK

Continue Reading &#8594;
Astrophysicist – We are shifting towards a Little Ice Age – Video
by ROBERT on DECEMBER 30, 2012 · 23 COMMENTS
“By any measure, world temperature is declining,” says astrophysicist Piers Corbyn,

Continue Reading &#8594;
Connecting the Global Cooling Dots
by ROBERT on DECEMBER 3, 2012 · 22 COMMENTS
“The sun is the primary source of heat for the Earth… This is worth keeping in mind when the Secretary General of the United Nations or any other lying politician or alleged scientist tell you otherwise.”

Continue Reading &#8594;
Temp-last-2000-years
Global cooling predicted for the next 30 years
by ROBERT on NOVEMBER 21, 2012 · 22 COMMENTS
“The general trend is now a cooling towards the next ice age.”

http://iceagenow.info/category/little-ice-age...

Location hidden

#174085 Oct 6, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Grow up Frank. Mental illness has plagued mankind since the beginning.
Yep, that is why I call them Libtards.
Oh, Little Wojo says, "Grrrrrr"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,153,554
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min PEllen 98,838
9 inch kaa land 32 min Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
Amy 12-19 36 min PEllen 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 38 min RACE 4,914
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,882
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Boy G 51,249
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:32 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:32PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity
Bleacher Report 1:38 AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?