BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
153,081 - 153,100 of 174,663 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeling left out Rouge? Your singular obsession is over-focused for a general Bigot
As if you are not a BIGOT?!?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic projection from the Play Justice.
Naked Emperor: "Clothes is a very big word in your life."
<quoted text>
Aww, you poor lil kid. You blow chunks!
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>As if you are not a BIGOT?!?
Oh look CAPS!

Problems this morning?
wojar

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, you poor lil kid. You blow chunks!
Did you learn that taunt while watching local 10-year olds during recess?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic projection from the Play Justice.
Naked Emperor: "Clothes is a very big word in your life."
<quoted text>

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not take money from the rich to give Obama phones to people who had none!
Pretty sure everyone pays taxes. Not just "the rich".
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>THAT is what they meant by "natural-born". Kenyan-born Obama is not a natural-born citizen of any country however Kenya passed a law in recent years allowing BHO to become their prez as he was possibly an actual Kenyan when he gave up being a British Subject and disregarded his Indonesian adoption. The three aspects of Obama's being which can never be changed: 1-Obama in NOT a natural-born citizen. 2-Obama WAS born in Kenya. 3-Obama IS the Antichrist.
Obama was not born in Kenya. Obama was born in the USA, in Hawaii, as has been proven overwhelmingly. Obama was not adopted in Indonesia. Adoption in Indonesia requires the action of a district court, and no such court papers have been shown. Obama IS a natural born citizen because (1) he really was born on US soil, in Hawaii, and birth on US soil is sufficient regardless of whether one or two parents are not US citizens at the time of birth:(2) is mother was a US citizen.

The "born-in-Kenya" myth is by far the nuttiest of the birther myths. It is based on alleged birth certificates, like that of Lucas D. Smith, and falsifications–such as the claim that Obama’s Kenyan grandmother said that he was born in Kenya—when she actually said right on the same tape that he was born IN HAWAII, and she said in another interview that the first that her family in Kenya had heard of Obama’s birth was in a letter FROM HAWAII.

Lucas D. Smith claimed that he went to Kenya and got Obama’s birth certificate at a hospital in Mombasa. But Lucas D. Smith has constantly refused to show proof that he, Smith, had ever gone to Kenya. All that he would have to do would be to show a Kenya stamp on a page of a passport, but Lucas D. Smith has refused to do that, constantly, and he has also constantly refused to say why he will not show that proof.

Laying aside for a moment the overwhelming proof that Obama was born in Hawaii, the evidence that Obama was NOT born in Kenya is also very strong. There were a grand total of 21 people who came to the USA from Kenya in 1961. Of these only seven were US citizens. And the birther myth has always been that Obama’s parents went there and returned by plane, but only one person came to the USA from Kenya in 1961 by plane and that person was, wait for it, NOT a US citizen. And Obama’s father did not go to Kenya in 1961 either (making it unlikely that his mother did, since travel late in pregnancy was rare, and even more rare without the husband going along). WND has proved with a FOI Act request that Obama senior stayed in Hawaii throughout 1961.

And the Kenyan government investigated the “born in Kenya” story, and found that it was not true.

“Jon Chessoni, a first secretary at the Kenyan Embassy in Washington, can’t understand why his office gets so many baseless questions about whether Barack Obama was born in Kenya.

“It’s madness,” said Chessoni on Monday.“His father, in 1961, would not even have been in Kenya. When this matter first came up, the Kenyan government did its research and confirmed that these are all baseless claims.””

http://washingtonindependent.com/53654/forged

And, by the way, there isn't even evidence that Obama's mother had a passport in 1961----and very very few 18-year-olds did have passports in 1961. And birthers have copies of Obama's mother's passport file, so if there were evidence that she had a passport in 1961, they surely would have told us. And they did not even tell us the date on which that file was created, and if it were created after 1961 she could not have given birth in a foreign country. I wonder why they did not tell the date on which the file was created? And extremely few women traveled abroad late in pregnancy in 1961 because of the risk of stillbirths. I wonder why birther sites did not reveal that too. And yet they would like people to assume that she had a passport and traveled abroad and that the birth certificate and the officials of both parties in Hawaii are lying.
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not take money from the rich to give Obama phones to people who had none!
Imperial Constantinian Christian elites ( Falwell, Robertson, Dobson, Hagee ) do not believe in the separation of church and state. Since Constantine’s conversion a terrible co-joining of the church and state was institutionalized.

The Republican right wing fascist party has implemented an imperial Constantinian fundamentalist empire.( Phony Christians )

They believe in the prosperity gospel, market spirituality, money-obsessed churches, tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans even after September 11, 2001 and in a time of war.
Bush fascist Republicans want to do away with all government social justice programs.

Constantine himself flouted his piety even as he continued to dominate and conquer peoples. Sound familiar?( George “W”rong Bush )

These Bush fascist fundamentalist Republicans are all drunk drinking the Rush “From Drugs” Lying Corporatist Limbaugh ( Kool-Aid )

Newt Gingrich and his neo-con Republicans took control of Congress back in 1994 to 2006. 12 straight years.

When Bush stole the election in 2000 most of his 8 years he had a Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican Governors of most States and Republicans in most State Houses all across America.

Plus the Supreme Court has been Rightwing Republican for decades and now with Roberts and Alito they can overturn Roe.

The Republican party could have overturned Roe v. Wade for many years and they did not do it.

Republicans need that issue for votes so I believe they will never undo Roe vs. Wade.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! That is right you can't read into the Constitution what isn't there and if it isn't there then it isn't law.
Precisely, you are right about the "you can't read into the Constitution" part.

You can't read into the Constitution something that is not there, and there is not a single word in the Constitution that bars either the US-born children of foreigners or dual citizens from becoming president.

Not a word. If the writers of the Constitution had meant to bar the US-born children of foreigners or dual citizens, they could easily have said so---but they didn't. Not only did they not write it into the Constitution, but none of the members of the Constitutional Convention said so in any of their writings either.

And, BTW, John Jay was an expert in THE COMMON LAW. So, if the had intended to use the term Natural Born Citizen differently than the term Natural Born was used in the common law, he would have said so----and he didn't.

Under both strict construction judicial interpretation and libertarian principles if something is not specifically barred by the Constitution or by law, it is permitted. And there is not a single word in the US Constitution or any law that bars either the US-born children of foreigners or dual citizens from becoming president. Not a word.
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the tax rate under Truman? Under FDR? Under HOOVER? But that evil Republican Eisenhower is bad to the bone.
http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation ....
<quoted text>
What does your rant have to do with even one of my questions?
It is obvious that Fox News Propaganda Channel never explains the Straussians philosophy which is the root of Rightwing Extremists like yourself.

----------

Bush, other officials issued hundreds of false statements before Iraq invasion / January 23. 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/met5x2w
WASHINGTON (AP)_ A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

The study was posted Tuesday on the Web site of the Center for Public Integrity, which worked with the Fund for Independence in Journalism.

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel did not comment on the merits of the study Tuesday night but reiterated the administration's position that the world community viewed Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein, as a threat.

"The actions taken in 2003 were based on the collective judgment of intelligence agencies around the world," Stanzel said.

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.
http://www.truth-out.org/archive/item/75829:s...

Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! All children born in the US are automatically citizens of their father's country. Was Sr. a citizen of the US? Looks like Jr. was subject to a foreign power and not eligible for citizenship.
The first amendment is to section one, declaring that all "persons born in the United States and Subject to the jurisdiction thereof (US Constitution), are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside. I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion. This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already (Civil Rights Act of 1866), that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction (US Constitution), is by virtue of natural law (Law of Nations) and national law (Civil Rights Act of 1866) a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens,(Note the Comma) who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country.
You cannot read into the Constitution something that is not there. And there isn't a single word IN the Constitution that bars the US-born children of foreigners or dual citizens from becoming president. And, as noted earlier, Bingham also said:

“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>...
Republicans need that issue for votes so I believe they will never undo Roe vs. Wade.
Most insightful statement of the year.
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has been occupying the White House for five years and he hasn't done one thing to help the middle class,working class, or any one except the richest elitist. Obama has been feeding 86 billion dollars a month to Wall Street that only benefits the rich and the filthy rich. The extra seven thousand dollars a year that the average working person will be paying for ObamaKare will put most working people in financial difficulty but won't be much more than a stone in a pond for the millionaires and his elitist friends.
WOW, I am in agreement with this post.

How sad that Obama beats Romney in the election and then implements Romneycare in 49 other States just like Massachusetts.

The Democrats are the new Republican party and the Republican party are all Extremist Fascist Authoritarians.

The Republican party of today even despises the Rightwing Supreme Court which ruled Obamacare/Romneycare Constitutional.

----------

Former Top Judge Says US Risks Edging Near to Dictatorship
· Sandra Day O'Connor warns of rightwing attacks
· Lawyers 'must speak up' to protect judiciary
http://tinyurl.com/24l3fb / March 13, 2006
Sandra Day O'Connor, a Republican-appointed judge who retired last month after 24 years on the supreme court, has said the US is in danger of edging towards dictatorship if the party's rightwingers continue to attack the judiciary.

In a strongly worded speech at Georgetown University, reported by National Public Radio and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Ms O'Connor took aim at Republican leaders whose repeated denunciations of the courts for alleged liberal bias could, she said, be contributing to a climate of violence against judges.

Ms O'Connor, nominated by Ronald Reagan as the first woman supreme court justice, declared: "We must be ever-vigilant against those who would strong-arm the judiciary."
She pointed to autocracies in the developing world and former Communist countries as lessons on where interference with the judiciary might lead. "It takes a lot of degeneration before a country falls into dictatorship, but we should avoid these ends by avoiding these beginnings."
Such threats, Ms O'Connor said, "pose a direct threat to our constitutional freedom", and she told the lawyers in her audience: "I want you to tune your ears to these attacks ... You have an obligation to speak up.
She noted death threats against judges were on the rise and added that the situation was not helped by a senior senator's suggestion that there might be a connection between the violence against judges and the decisions they make.
http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/print.cgi...
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Most insightful statement of the year.
Is that a joke? Sarcastic? lol

I have been wondering for quite some time where your leanings are.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a joke? Sarcastic? lol

I have been wondering for quite some time where your leanings are.
Not at all - I think you nailed it

In general I am Conservative (not the Faux-Con creation of Puff Windbaugh). I believe that the basic purpose of Government is to do the things that the people can't - or can't practically - do for themselves and to provide equal protection and access to the freedoms and rights provided by our basic structure

I am most definitely not a Republican and am more than willing to admit that I sometimes agree with one party on an issue, sometimes the other - and often neither.

I believe that we've allowed our politicians to hide behind the "issues" of abortion and Gay rights instead of dealing with many problems and that leadership is in dangerously short supply. I prefer to know the facts - even if they don't support my personal feelings on an issue

I believe that the law should apply equally to everyone (hence my disdain for all things Birther) and that changing the rules every 6 months (before the previous set even takes effect) is bad for business, bad for individuals and bad for our economy. A successful business will adapt to almost any known and anticipated change - it is the unnecessary surprises that drive them crazy.

My family has experienced too much of the turmoil that comes from allowing religion to drive foreign policy and I wish that we could separate the two - even if other nations do not
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

I also believe that cutting marginal tax rates when they were above 70 percent was absolutely the right thing to do - but unlike the Faux-Cons I don't pretend that cutting tax rates is always the right thing.

I generally prefer not to use the tax code for purposes other than collecting revenue for the Government - but when we do go beyond that I much prefer incentives to penalties (carrot over stick)
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all - I think you nailed it
In general I am Conservative (not the Faux-Con creation of Puff Windbaugh). I believe that the basic purpose of Government is to do the things that the people can't - or can't practically - do for themselves and to provide equal protection and access to the freedoms and rights provided by our basic structure
I am most definitely not a Republican and am more than willing to admit that I sometimes agree with one party on an issue, sometimes the other - and often neither.
I believe that we've allowed our politicians to hide behind the "issues" of abortion and Gay rights instead of dealing with many problems and that leadership is in dangerously short supply. I prefer to know the facts - even if they don't support my personal feelings on an issue
I believe that the law should apply equally to everyone (hence my disdain for all things Birther) and that changing the rules every 6 months (before the previous set even takes effect) is bad for business, bad for individuals and bad for our economy. A successful business will adapt to almost any known and anticipated change - it is the unnecessary surprises that drive them crazy.
My family has experienced too much of the turmoil that comes from allowing religion to drive foreign policy and I wish that we could separate the two - even if other nations do not
Excellent points and I agree.

I read the liberal/progressive Ralph Nader platform and the conservative/libertarian Ron Paul platform in 2008 and too my surprise both agreed with the majority of big ticket items.

They say politics make strange bedfellows and the truth is always stranger than fiction.

If I were Obama I would have picked Ron Paul to clean up the corruption at the Federal Reserve and Nader to clean up HHS
and implement Single Payer Medicare For All Americans, which would have removed the middle man Big Pharma and Big HMOs making the lion share of profits, instead of the Doctors/Hospitals/Nurses would make the money and the consumers would spend much less on healthcare.

Obama did everything Bill Clinton did and continued over 90% of all Bush and Cheney's failed policies.

Wall Street always wins and "We The People' always lose.

2016 Hillary vs Jeb Bush will continue Obama and the Congress will laugh all the way to the bank as usual.

Unfortunately for us.
Pdamerica org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
I also believe that cutting marginal tax rates when they were above 70 percent was absolutely the right thing to do - but unlike the Faux-Cons I don't pretend that cutting tax rates is always the right thing.
I generally prefer not to use the tax code for purposes other than collecting revenue for the Government - but when we do go beyond that I much prefer incentives to penalties (carrot over stick)
Of course 91% tax on the wealthy was too much and below 70% was the right thing at that time.

Unfortunately average Americans are always getting stuck paying the bills and the top 1% percentile find the loopholes the Congress passed for them.

Why is the tax code over 76,000 pages long?

Answer: Because both corrupt parties benefit their corporate masters at the expense of average Americans.

You will never hear this from corrupt corporate owned Mainstream media or corrupt corporate owned Rightwing media.

Loopholes, Loopholes, and more Loopholes.

The recent Sequester proves that: Hollywood & NASCAR benefited while working American taxes got taken out with FICA.

Why did Hollywood and NASCAR have to benefit from this?

Scam, Scam, and more Scams.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>THAT is what they meant by "natural-born". Kenyan-born Obama is not a natural-born citizen of any country however Kenya passed a law in recent years allowing BHO to become their prez as he was possibly an actual Kenyan when he gave up being a British Subject and disregarded his Indonesian adoption. The three aspects of Obama's being which can never be changed: 1-Obama in NOT a natural-born citizen. 2-Obama WAS born in Kenya. 3-Obama IS the Antichrist.
How dumb are you?? President Obama IS NOT THE ANTICHRIST!!!!!!! The name of the antichrist is MABUS
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>Of course 91% tax on the wealthy was too much and below 70% was the right thing at that time.

Unfortunately average Americans are always getting stuck paying the bills and the top 1% percentile find the loopholes the Congress passed for them.

Answer: Because both corrupt parties benefit their corporate masters at the expense of average Americans.

You will never hear this from corrupt corporate owned Mainstream media or corrupt corporate owned Rightwing media.

The recent Sequester proves that: Hollywood & NASCAR benefited while working American taxes got taken out with FICA.

No argument from me.
Joe OBiden

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>Of course 91% tax on the wealthy was too much and below 70% was the right thing at that time.

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument from me.
It is the poor that are not paying their fair share of the taxes. There should be a tax of one thousand dollars per person per year. If you do not pay the tax, they should take away everything you own to include your Obama phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,080,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 68,379
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 33 min andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 1 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 1 hr McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
Good Ol' Harry............A True GEM. 1 hr Did he killmost at 1 Time 4
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 1 hr Very concerned citizen 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search