BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,643)

Showing posts 152,841 - 152,860 of173,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Las Cruces retiree

San Zenone Degli Ezzelini, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Barack Obama SNL Obamacare Intro - Saturday Night Live
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I have trouble accepting that SNL actually performed a skit that poked fun at Democrat-supported Obama care.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
Scrutiny,
Those ER MD's are not trying to ratchet up medical bills by ordering all kinds of tests which rule out this or that. What they are essentially doing is making absolutely sure of themselves in order to avoid frivilous lawsuits brought against them by encountering attorneys.
They sometimes have to make split-second life and death decisions, whereas a lawyer can pick through a medical chart after the fact with a fine tooth comb at his leisure and in the comfort of his plush office.
One of the the modalities that suffers abuse because of this is computerized tomography, which is a very expensive test involving oodles of radiation and which many times results in a negative reading.
Funny you mentioned tomography. X-rays are also abused... heavily.

My wife is a radiologist. The hospital she works for gives everyone who enters the ER a chest x-ray. No matter what the complaint. And I am sure you are right that it is at least partially motivated by thwarting lawsuits. But I am pretty sure they are delighted with the $450 each x-ray is worth.

From "my tummy hurts" to "I think I sprained my ankle"...chest x-ray.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. as our native Canadians here in Canada are.
How do you justify that?

I mean... No one alive in the U.S. today was a slave. And I am willing to bet the number of slave owners hovers at about the same level.

And what are you thinking reparations should materialize as?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

<quoted text>
Problem here, Rogue. Follow U.S. regulations you say? Well and good. Problem, though, often is created by American multinationals that have their products manufactured offshore and exported to...the U.S. Defective toys laden with lead and unsafe small toys that can be chewed by babies...Hasbro, etc, U.S. companies, "manufactured in China..." And what about those factory fires and buildings that collapse, 1,000 dead in Pakistan, and what did they manufacture? Clothes for one giant Canadian store and various U.S. outlets.
You keep coming back to Hanes and 60 cents and hour. It's all you've got. And you keep coming back with it and how Clinton is responsible for this state of affairs.
What did I just say? We need to force countries that do business with us to comply with the same Labor, OSHA and EPA laws we do and if they do not, we cut off trade.
And yes, Hanes and 60 cents an hour. But the same goes for China, India, Indonesia, etc. It cost money to ship thing but when you count lower manufacturing costs the extra shipping costs make ECONOMIC since.
Why did Oneida move to China? It adds to the shipping costs but no OSHA, no EPA, no high cost of labor.
And why is Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Nisan, etc. making cars here in the U.S.? Better labor. I drove a Mexican assembled Freightliner and there was nothing wrong with the major components but it was the quality of how things were assembled. It was a laundry list of things had to repair/replace on that truck. Sorry, I will not buy anything like a car that was assembled in Mexico for that reason.
Oh, my Honda CR-V and Ridgeline where both 'made'(80+%) in the U.S.A. and I just love them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Las Cruces retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
I have trouble accepting that SNL actually performed a skit that poked fun at Democrat-supported Obama care.
Well I guess you need to start accepting reality. Did you see where SNL refereed to Hillary as a "boner shrinker"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughingstock.
<quoted text>
Lil Raggy! LMAO! Hey, what happened to your new-found love? You never even mention her! LMAO! attentionwhore

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Las Cruces retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that San Zenone Degli Ezzelini, Italy is off the beaten path and looks like an agriculture area. Whatcha doing there?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
Scrutiny,
Those ER MD's are not trying to ratchet up medical bills by ordering all kinds of tests which rule out this or that. What they are essentially doing is making absolutely sure of themselves in order to avoid frivilous lawsuits brought against them by encountering attorneys.
They sometimes have to make split-second life and death decisions, whereas a lawyer can pick through a medical chart after the fact with a fine tooth comb at his leisure and in the comfort of his plush office.
One of the the modalities that suffers abuse because of this is computerized tomography, which is a very expensive test involving oodles of radiation and which many times results in a negative reading.
Oh, and I wasn't trying to imply it was the fault of the staff.

A handful of people run hospitals, it is their decision. The x-rays happen regardless of which doctor/doctors happen to be on duty.

My story was basically that I was convinced by the wife to go to the ER for an abscess under my gums. I walked in without my insurance card but really only needed the thing punctured. I was going to do it myself but she convinced me because I could get antibiotics.

Regardless, I spent a total of 7 mins in the ER. Three of those were spent with a P.A. The lady stuck a needle in my mouth and wrote me a prescription for the "new" antibiotics.

The bill was just about 3500 dollars before insurance paid.

Didn't have my prescription card with me either. Decided to fill the script anyhow... how much could 4 pills be? Well, the asking price was 244 dollars.

I decided to risk infection. I wasn't going to pay that and I wasn't letting my insurance pay that.

The price gouging from the ER visit was not from test. I didn't have any. It was them passing off the debt from people who don't pay.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

<quoted text>
Again, a personal anecdote out of millions. You think your daughter is the only student to have been bullied1haraased at school? It is so unfortunate and it happens way too often, with authorities not willing to put a stop to it. And it happens to whites and to blacks and to Asians and everyone.
They did take care of the situation in your daughter's case, didn't it? Good for you, good for her. But Rogue, stop bringing up individual cases. They do not reflect the actual situation in such a big and diverse country such as the U.S. You also forget too rapidly that the school your girl attended did not allow, as recently as 50 years ago, black kids. They were lucky, yes, and just like dentists (see, Seinfeld, anti-dentai) they had their own schools, their own "wealthy" neighbourhoods, their own restaurants and swanky hotels, their own public toilets and fountains. Why, even the best place in the bus, the back, was reserved for blacks.
I read a piece lately in my newspaper that said that if blacks got serious and collectively recalled, remembered, what was done to them from the 17th to the 20th century, and ongoing in many cases, well, the whites would do well indeed to defend themselves and arm themselves to the teeth, much more than they are armed now, which is already too much. An American wrote that, not me.
If you're going to talk about slavery, include all races that have been used as slaves. Not just one group. Typical S stirrer.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I just say? We need to force countries that do business with us to comply with the same Labor, OSHA and EPA laws we do and if they do not, we cut off trade.
And yes, Hanes and 60 cents an hour. But the same goes for China, India, Indonesia, etc. It cost money to ship thing but when you count lower manufacturing costs the extra shipping costs make ECONOMIC since.
Why did Oneida move to China? It adds to the shipping costs but no OSHA, no EPA, no high cost of labor.
And why is Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Nisan, etc. making cars here in the U.S.? Better labor. I drove a Mexican assembled Freightliner and there was nothing wrong with the major components but it was the quality of how things were assembled. It was a laundry list of things had to repair/replace on that truck. Sorry, I will not buy anything like a car that was assembled in Mexico for that reason.
Oh, my Honda CR-V and Ridgeline where both 'made'(80+%) in the U.S.A. and I just love them.
Hondas are famous for that. The bodies will rust away, the gauges and interior lights will be haywire, eventually the exhaust will just fall away... but that engine starts every time and hums. I have seen a lot of Hondas go to their graves still running.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

It does not matter which late night comedy show you watch, all except for Letterman are now bashing Obama.
Jay Leno bashing Obama.
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hondas are famous for that. The bodies will rust away, the gauges and interior lights will be haywire, eventually the exhaust will just fall away... but that engine starts every time and hums. I have seen a lot of Hondas go to their graves still running.
I put 110K on my 2005 Honda CR-V then gave it to my granddaughter when I bought my 2012 CR-V. Other than an alignment problem early on, no problem.
My 2005 was a British built car and it seems that the Japanese built ones did not have the alignment problem. It cost me $250 to fix plus a set to tires whose life was cut in half. That happened at $20k miles and it has gone another 90k with normal tire wear. My last set of tires went 75k and I think my granddaughter has about 30k on the last set. Still has the original brakes.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Every late night committed show has turned on Obama with the exception of Letterman. WHY? Because their audiences have turned cold to Obama.
Why don't YOU remind of us of how Palin came off on SNL. I posted a link so maybe you can find a link to make YOUR point!
I think the media turned on the administration when they had that deal where all their phone calls were being monitored and worse yet, some of their sources were identified.

The media will play along as long as you aren't infringing on their rights. But if you make their jobs difficult they will turn on you.

Besides, Obama can't be re-elected now. Campaign mode is ending late. I think they feel they can be slightly more honest about things. Slightly being the operable word in that one.

If the democrats field Hillary next election they need to show how much of an improvement she will be without abandoning the "hope and change" platform.

She will be very, very difficult to beat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you justify that?
I mean... No one alive in the U.S. today was a slave. And I am willing to bet the number of slave owners hovers at about the same level.
No they are still slaves. The Democrats took them off the plantation and put them in ghettos where they are educated in ghetto schools just enough to become good house servants for Terri Tunna. Terri uses Mexican's to work in her horse stable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh, I have an aunt who is retired from the State of Maine education system. It was her job to get the migrant workers' children to go to school in northern Maine.
If you were under 16 and she caught you in farm field during school hours, she picked them up and took them to school and then took them home after school. She never checked if they were legal or illegals, just that you went to school.
I think they also got a free lunch too.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I put 110K on my 2005 Honda CR-V then gave it to my granddaughter when I bought my 2012 CR-V. Other than an alignment problem early on, no problem.
My 2005 was a British built car and it seems that the Japanese built ones did not have the alignment problem. It cost me $250 to fix plus a set to tires whose life was cut in half. That happened at $20k miles and it has gone another 90k with normal tire wear. My last set of tires went 75k and I think my granddaughter has about 30k on the last set. Still has the original brakes.
These days cars are designed to go over 250,000 miles. And if you take care of them... they should. I have a couple of Chryslers. A Jeep Grand Cherokee and my wife drives a Seabring Convertible.

The Jeep is awesome, great for outdoors stuff. Everything I need is sitting right on top of the engine. 210,000, going to buy another one soon but it has at least another 80K in it.

The Seabring runs great 60,000 and is a pretty sexy little car. But I have to take the engine the hell apart just to change the plugs.

Both Chryslers, same year... one is a mechanics delight, the other is a nightmare.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the media turned on the administration when they had that deal where all their phone calls were being monitored and worse yet, some of their sources were identified.
The media will play along as long as you aren't infringing on their rights. But if you make their jobs difficult they will turn on you.
Besides, Obama can't be re-elected now. Campaign mode is ending late. I think they feel they can be slightly more honest about things. Slightly being the operable word in that one.
If the democrats field Hillary next election they need to show how much of an improvement she will be without abandoning the "hope and change" platform.
She will be very, very difficult to beat.
Can't forget her famous quote; "what difference does it make"! A well-run and truthful anti-Clinton campaign should be more than enough to make people think twice before electing her. Willary is another known liar, just as Bill is. Wasn't that illness just perfect timing? I mean perfect! Oh, and the slip/fall which caused her to have to wear birth protection eyewear! Yeah right!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you justify that?
No, but the slavery thing has been passed on upon generation and generation. The complexes brought about by slavery are not dead, and hey, even today's blacks were there when Jackie Robinson arrived on the premises, when the heroine Rosa Parks was arrested for acting like a normal human being, when, very recently, look at the Masters, blacks AND Jews were barred from such establishments. The Emancipation Declaration did not free the slaves per se, it booted them out of their homes (the slave owners' homes, to be more precise) and our of the meagre food they were given.
What to do? How should I know? How do you repair close to 300 years of servitude? Maybe affirmative action is a step forward, but then, even that is contested. I will pose the question : You're black, let's say, I'm white. Okay? Truth now, and except for professional sports, who has the best chance in life?
Las Cruces retiree

San Zenone Degli Ezzelini, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that San Zenone Degli Ezzelini, Italy is off the beaten path and looks like an agriculture area. Whatcha doing there?
It is off the beaten path. Agriculture seems to be a large part of the economy.

Sono un insegante.

I had a fraternity brother, Dick Allen, who was a helicopter pilot in Nam. He took me up in a small plane and let me have the controls. It was difficult trying to keep the plane level. Unfortunately, Dick lost his life in battle.

I agree with virtually everything you say. Keep up the comments. Travel while you and your girlfriend have your health.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, racial harassment is rampant in schools. Not so much white-on-black but black-on-white because the school officials do not want to punish blacks proportional top whites.
That's right, for every black kid that is punished they MUST punish a white kid. Using this same logic, for every back person convicted of murder they must convict SIX white person of murder as there are six times as many white people as there are blacks.
I know it disturbs you that blacks are FIFTEEN TIMES more likely to commit murder than white are but we should not convict them at that same rate!!!
Poopo Logic
Poopo and Wojo rednecks decided that they weren't going anywhere in life and thought they should go to college to get ahead. The first went in to see the counselor, who told him to take math, history, and logic.
"What's logic?" Poopo asked.
The professor answered, "Let me give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"
"I sure do."
"Then I can assume, using logic, that you have a yard," replied the professor.
"That's real good!" said Poopo.
The professor continued, "Logic will also tell me that since you have a yard, you also own a house."
Impressed, the Poopo said, "Amazing!"
"And since you own a house, logic dictates that you have a wife."
"That's Betty Mae! This is incredible!" The Poopo was catching on.
"Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume that you are heterosexual," said the professor.
"You're absolutely right! Why that's the most fascinatin' thing I ever heard! I cain't wait to take that logic class!"
Poopo, proud of the new world opening up to him, walked back into the hallway where his friend was still waiting.
"So what classes are ya takin'?" asked Wojo.
"Math, history, and logic!" replied Poopo.
"What in tarnation is logic?" asked Wojo.
"Let me give you an example. Do ya own a weed eater?" asked Poopo.
"No," Wojo replied.
To which Poopo replied, "You're queer, ain't ya?"
Quit it please with the repetitious and platitudinous jokes. At least the 5th time with this one and just as stupid.

Blacks will bully whites in schools when they are majority. The exact opposite, I presume, will happen when whites outnumber blacks.

To call Poppo and Wojo rednecks, particularly Poppo, is as logical as calling the Ayatollah Khomeni the Pope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,841 - 152,860 of173,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,073,276
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 2 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 4 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 9 hr Tgloaded 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE