BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172656 Sep 23, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference, specially if you factor in ALL religions beginning Adam and Eve and with Abraham, Israel's founding father, he of the three Books, Jews, Moslems and Christians. Look at that man, Abraham, just look at him, study him. We are that failed man's legacy. No wonder we're such a mess.
Yes, A Mess, but forgiven and loved by GOD!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#172657 Sep 23, 2013
Truman wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously have a problem discerning the difference between 'Anti Fascist' and 'Anti American'.
They really arent the same thing.
It was Obama who said that raising the debt ceiling was anti-American. Obama, a freshman senator from Illinois, declared on the Senate floor: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.... Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem." And in July 2008 Barack Obama said President Bush was “unpatriotic” and “irresponsible” for raising the debt by $4 trillion.
“The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents —#43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back —$30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.“ Obama quote from July 3,2008 in Fargo,ND.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#172658 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
There is no difference, specially if you factor in ALL religions beginning Adam and Eve and with Abraham, Israel's founding father, he of the three Books, Jews, Moslems and Christians. Look at that man, Abraham, just look at him, study him. We are that failed man's legacy. No wonder we're such a mess.
Everyone thinks I have some sort of disdain for religion and it is not so.

I am not a fan of people telling me they can have it both ways. I don't like it when they will ignore scripture because there is contradictory passages.

For example.

I could probably get most to believe almost anything I told them if I manipulated which passages I use and the order they appear in. I am convinced of it.

If crappy televangelist can make someone drop five grand on a phone call...I would be frightening.

In the hands of a smart enough person... the Bible is a weapon. I am not talking supernatural crap either. I am talking about something far beyond that. Power. It is power over all.

Anyhow...

We needed religion at one time. It was our first attempt at astronomy, medicine, disease, complex morality, you know the rest.

It took time to understand our world, and almost all of modern science can be traced back to some kind of old religious book.

We know now that the sick aren't possessed. We understand we aren't the center of the universe. We now know how life came about. We know how the planet formed and when.

Even if there was a God... he didn't write ANY of those books and there is no reason at all to believe that he would be less indifferent to us than he would any of his other creations.

But... it was needed to get us where we are.

I just think we should be able to move on. Without people trying to blow each other up, or exterminate them, or convert them.

I don't think people will just let go. But I do think that it will only take 2 or 3 generations to see it put on the shelf with all the others.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#172659 Sep 23, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. But then since the Constitution is written in English the chances that any Birfoon (even one who has self-appointed them-self "Justice") has read it much less comprehended its meaning are exceedingly slim.
Self - Self?

Oh well. Everyone who isn't a Birfoon comprehends the meaning

No one of any consequence cares

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#172660 Sep 23, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have forgotten that the Church is forgiving first and foremost.
Secondly the Vatican is its own State and has its own laws.
=========
Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust
Two Popes served through the Nazi period: Pope Pius XI (1922-1939) and Pope Pius XII (1939-1958). The Holy See strongly criticized Nazism through the late 1920s and throughout the 1930s, with Cardinal Pacelli (later Pope Pius XII) being a particularly outspoken critic.[4] In 1933, Vatican signed a Concordat with Germany - hoping to protect the rights of Catholics under the Nazi government. The terms of the Treaty were not kept by Hitler. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica: "From 1933 to 1936 [Pius XI] wrote several protests against the Third Reich, and his attitude toward fascist Italy changed dramatically after Nazi racial policies were introduced into Italy in 1938."[5]
Pius XI offered three encyclicals against the rising tide of European totalitarianism: Non abbiamo bisogno (1931; We Do Not Need to Acquaint You - against Italian Fascism); Mit brennender Sorge (1937; "With Deep Anxiety" - against Nazism) and Divini redemptoris (1937; "Divine Redeemer" - against atheist Communism). Non abbiamo bisogno directly challenged Italian fascism as a "pagan" movement which "snatches the young from the Church and from Jesus Christ, and which inculcates in its own young people hatred, violence and irreverence".[6] Pius XI also challenged the extremist nationalism of the Action Francaise movement and anti-semitism in the United States.[7]
As Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Pacelli, made some 55 protests against Nazi policies, including its "ideology of race".[11] Pacelli also assisted Pius XI draft the 1937 Mit Brennender Sorge critique of Nazi ideology.[12] Written partly in response to the Nuremburg Laws, the document did not refer to Hitler or the Nazis by name, but condemned racial theories and the mistreatment of people based on race.[13] In 1938, Cardinal Pacelli publicly restated the words of Pius XI on the incompatibility of Christianity and antisemitism: "it is impossible for a Christian to take part in anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitism is inadmissible; spiritually we are all Semites."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Pius_XII_an...
Sorry, a few strongly worded letters are not the response we were looking for.

"it is impossible for a Christian to take part in anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitism is inadmissible; spiritually we are all Semites."

THAT is the most outrageous thing I think I have seen all day.

Christians INVENTED antisemitism.

You just don't have one without the other.

The Jews decided to exodus from the Muslim/Arab nations on their own. Every other time the Jews have been historically screwed, guess who was standing right behind them?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#172661 Sep 23, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, a few strongly worded letters are not the response we were looking for.

"it is impossible for a Christian to take part in anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitism is inadmissible; spiritually we are all Semites."

THAT is the most outrageous thing I think I have seen all day.

Christians INVENTED antisemitism.

You just don't have one without the other.

The Jews decided to exodus from the Muslim/Arab nations on their own. Every other time the Jews have been historically screwed, guess who was standing right behind them?
But, but, but .... Most denominations of the Christian Church are BIG on forgiving .... Christians.(Especially the ones who write large checks to their denomination ....).

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172662 Sep 23, 2013
New presidential quote.

Speak softly and carry a big thesaurus.
Barrack H. Obama

Location hidden

#172663 Sep 23, 2013
Dick was from my Dad's hometown, Fort Fairfield, ME.

DICK CURLESS - TOMBSTONE EVERY MILE 1970
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#172664 Sep 23, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
The Plot thickens,
NEW YORK – President Obama’s Kenyan half-brother, Malik Obama, appears headed for the Egyptian terror watch list because of his Muslim Brotherhood ties.
Will he spill the beans on Obama?
Obama should give him a job in the
White house. He can feed all the
hungry kids we see in line eating
slop Robison feeds them. Oprah
can help him. She can build them
schools.

Location hidden

#172665 Sep 23, 2013
She can run, but she can not hide!

Lois Lerner, key player in Tea Party targeting scandal, retiring
Published September 23, 2013 FoxNews.com Facebook

WASHINGTON – Lois Lerner, the IRS official at the heart of the scandal involving the targeting of Tea Party groups, is retiring.

Lerner, who headed the division in the tax-collecting agency that handles applications for tax-exempt status, had been placed on paid administrative leave in May. Calls for her dismissal came almost immediately following allegations she had participated in unfairly targeting conservative groups.

The IRS confirmed on Monday that she has resigned, though it's unclear how that decision might affect the ongoing congressional investigations into the scandal.

"Since May, the IRS has taken decisive actions to correct failures in Exempt Organizations management, replacing top leadership throughout the chain of command," the agency said in a written statement announcing her retirement. "In addition, IRS Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel created an Accountability Review Board to fully review information to ensure proper oversight in handling personnel issues."

The announcement has not quieted calls for a thorough probe into the agency's actions. It's also not clear what kind of government-paid retirement benefits Lerner might be receiving.

Location hidden

#172666 Sep 23, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
But, but, but .... Most denominations of the Christian Church are BIG on forgiving .... Christians.(Especially the ones who write large checks to their denomination ....).
To be Forgiven one must Repent, Repair and Reform! Most Liberals will never Repent (acknowledge their sins) much less try to repair the damage or reform their activities.

Location hidden

#172667 Sep 23, 2013
Do you remember when Billy Graham met with Bill Clinton and then announced that Bill had been forgiven and someone asked the reverend what he had been forgiven Bill for and he would not say?!?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#172669 Sep 23, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>To be Forgiven one must Repent, Repair and Reform! Most Liberals will never Repent (acknowledge their sins) much less try to repair the damage or reform their activities.
And Rouge jumps in to emphasize my point.

Sure we'll forgive you. Say - you ain't a Liberal are you?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#172670 Sep 23, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
New presidential quote.
Speak softly and carry a big thesaurus.
Barrack H. Obama
I prefer a thesaurus to any stick. I'll let the pros do the shooting for me.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#172671 Sep 23, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be Forgiven one must Repent, Repair and Reform! Most Liberals will never Repent (acknowledge their sins) much less try to repair the damage or reform their activities.
Speaking of repent, I gave you my link AND article on tipping in Canada. Where is yours? Or did you make it up? If so, please say so. Remember, as a good Christian, the truth will set you free.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172672 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Who's trying to impress anyone? Me? Nope. But you? You do try hard and yes, you do impress pretty much all and sundry. You impress with your ignorance as your above reply amply shows, you impress with your sexual filth and obsessive anal and homo references, you impress with your profanity, racism and xenephobism, you impress with your hate of anyone who disagrees with you, and come to think of it , that would be practically the whole world except for the few odd birthers, tea partyers and Nazis.
To sum it up : You impress people with how unimpressive you are. There is nothing there except boorishness and guns.
No post on the last 2,000 years, huh? More of your meaningless drivel! What a BSer you are. LMAO!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172673 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Wayne Lapierre should be locked up for starters. People like him are the single biggest threat to the nation.
More drool from the idiot!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172674 Sep 23, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Buuuuulllllshit!
It wasn't so long ago that you guys were dropping people left and right for questioning YOUR one true way. Look at what you did to the Jews in WWII.
Muslims are not lying. Well, anymore than you are... They believe they have the perfect word of god in an old book too. They are also interpreting that text how they like and have god on their side. Sound familiar?
I am still not convinced they have outdone the holocaust. So don't go throwing that "They are harmful... we are peaceful." line of shit. You guys left huge shoes to be filled.
Screw you Scruffy. I like to be able to tell the good guy from the bad guy in MY OWN country! They're not harmful? LMAO! Right, Scruff. Ban the perverted ideology of Islam in the U.S.! Try not to whine too badly. Run their coward, murdering azzes out of here. Apologize all you want for them, it doesn't change a thing. They are what they are, 6th Century man at best.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172675 Sep 23, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are history selective J.
"Those weren't REAL Christians...." blah blah blah... Well, it was the REAL church that had mandatory prayers for the fuhrer right up until the end... They knew exactly what was going on.
Say what it is you want to say. Don't beat around the bush. Spit it out. C'mon Scruff, spell it out.

Location hidden

#172676 Sep 23, 2013
A guy walks into a bar in West Virginia and orders a white wine.

All the good ol boys sitting around the bar look up from their
beer and whiskey, expecting to see some pitiful city slicker from up north.
The bartender says, "You ain't from around here, are ya?"
The guy says, "No, I'm from Canada."
The bartender says, "What y'all do up there in Canada?"
The guy says, "I'm a taxidermist." The bartender says, "A taxi-dermist? What in the hell is a taxi-dermist? Do y'all drive a taxi or sumpthin?"
"No," says the Canadian "I don't drive a taxi, I mount animals."

The bartender grins and hollers, "It's okay boys. He's one of us."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 71,004
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 15 min giantnig 8
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min RealDave 1,153,491
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Grau 68,881
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 6 hr LOL 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News