BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172485 Sep 22, 2013
Do you know why the Liberals do not like the Electoral College. Well, each states gets the same number of Electoral College members as it does Senators and Congressmen which favors the smaller populated states like Alaska which tend to be ..... Republican states!!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172487 Sep 22, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must be appalled when John Boehner and Eric Cantor removed all the Tea Bags in Congress from leadership positions?
Even after the Tea Bags sold out to Wall Street!
Poor You!
LOL
Did you notice how Speaker Bonehead bent over for the TEA Party last week? Bonehead can't ignore The Force!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172488 Sep 22, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
--------
GOP freshmen, big-bucks donors hobnob at resort
Tea Bags Sold Out To Wall Street
March 16, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/85yw3o9
In 2010, many freshmen Republicans were swept into Congress on the promise of doing things differently.
But fast-forward to 2012, and the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, Fla.-- an exclusive seaside resort and home to 54 holes of championship golf and a private marina full of luxury yachts.
"Book your Key Largo getaway now," reads the invitation, obtained by CBS News. The hosts are veteran congressmen Spencer Bachus, of Alabama, Pete Sessions, of Texas, "and 12 of your favorite Republican freshmen!"
The 12: Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
Congressmen Canseco and Gardner were seen on camera heading in to host happy hour. To get in, donors had to pay at least $10,000.
During his campaign, Gardner promised average voters would inspire his actions. One ad said, "I will always put Colorado families before the Washington special interests."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-573986...
Where did the Democrats get their money from? NEA! Trade Unionists! But you don't think that the Democrats did not prostitute themselves for campaign funds!!!!
And we owe that to McCain-Feingold!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipartisan_Campa...
Oh, McCain is no Conservative but a Country Club RINO!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#172489 Sep 22, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Now Jacqueau will probably claim that "I" predicted Merkel will win when this source is the one that is predicting the win. Two years ago a local newspaper here in Jacksonville predicted that the TEA Party candidate, Mike Hogan, would win by ten points but in the end Alvin Brown, the Blue Dog Democrat won by one point yet Jacqueau continued to claim that "I" had predicted it.
Jacqueau seems to have a problem with reading conprehention.
Germany votes as Merkel eyes third term
Kate Millar 16 minutes ago
BERLIN (AFP)- Germans voted Sunday in a closely watched election that is likely to hand Chancellor Angela Merkel a third term at the helm of Europe's top economy but may force her to govern with her main rivals.After shepherding Germany through Europe's lengthy financial turmoil, Merkel has emerged more popular than ever, seen as a safe pair of hands as the crisis felled leaders in France, Greece, Italy and Spain.Polls suggest that voters will re-elect the 59-year-old pastor's daughter from East Germany, whose nickname "Mutti" ("Mummy") can seem at odds with her billing as the world's most powerful woman.But the burning question is whether she will be able to keep her preferred coalition partner or be forced into an alliance with her centre-left rivals.Under clear skies and mild temperatures, Merkel, dressed in an autumnal russet blazer and her customary tailored trousers, walked to a central Berlin polling station to vote, accompanied by husband Joachim Sauer.Voters trickled through the university cafeteria to cast their ballots. "I think we have a good standard of living in Europe, and for me, this must remain stable. So, to me, voting for the extremes, on the left or the right, isn't an answer," Elisabeth Bauer, a nun, told AFP.Marissa Kutscha, 26, admitted it had been a tough choice."I was extremely uncertain voting... because not much differentiates the parties," she said.Nearly 62 million voters were called to the polls.
Merkel will easily be re-elected, but because of what is called "proportional representation", will, as per all other German gov'ts since the end of WWII, will not have a majority. Their one-time whorish former coalition partners, the social democrats, may not garner 5% of the vote, which means no parliamentary representation. The actual coalition partner, the an off-shoot of the main pro-business Christian-Democratic party, has switched to the left on many issues as of late and is not as desirable to Merkel as it once was, though chances are , they will remain in the coalition. However, and get this, the Green party , yes the greens, are a possible coalition partner. That's like George Wallace getting together with MLK. The Greens want nuclear power plants shut down, and oh, surprise, so does Merkel. Well, well. Should be intereting.

But tell me , Rogue. How does Germany does it? Recall what I told you a few weeks ago about Germany's economy and work force :

1. Highest salaries in Europe, amongst highest in the world;

2. Social benefits : Min 6 weeks' annual vacation, sick leave and 13th month for every worker (additional month's salary) plus vacation double bonus (paid vacation PLUS paid vacation time in cash - most cases);

3. 35-hour mandated work week. What's yours?

4. In most cases, allowance for commuting to and from workč

5. Totally universal and free health care, drugs, dentists, eyes, etc ;

6. Totally free school, high school, college, university tuition.

And much more.

Yet, they have a sky-high GDP, and are the most productive of workers . In spite of hard times, and very few natural resources and a highly-subsidized agriculture sector, they are the top country in Europe economy-wise and among the 5 best in the world.

How they do all this, Rogue? Oh, their crime and murder rates, in spite of a huge legal and illegal alien presence, is low. How do they do it?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#172490 Sep 22, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice how Speaker Bonehead bent over for the TEA Party last week? Bonehead can't ignore The Force!
Yes, he knows he will find anti-obamacare allies amongst those nuts. Funny, I thought both houses had approved obamacare, including the supreme court which, according to you, had decided immediately upon reflecting on the case, to reject it. So much for your prediction.

And, Rogue, again, you blame a local newspaper for misleading you with reference to that Jacksonville mayoral election. What a joke. I recall, you were drooling, salivating at the prospect of a tea partyer being elected mayor. You had your dancing shoes all ready, then kept them in reserve for that SURE and CERTAIN Romney victory. Who do you blame for THAT prediction?

Then the prediction on the stock market crash - it's what, now, a year late? But you know, you'll be right on that one. Eventually. It will crash one day, it did under GWB in 2008, it has to, this is cyclical and allows smart brokers to reap huge profits, ex : drive it low by selling, making an initial profit, buy it back when it bottoms, sell it medium or medium-high and make another profit. And so it goes. It'll happen, Rogue, bound to, and yes , you will have been right. You'll be off by only 2 or 3 years, is all.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172491 Sep 22, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he knows he will find anti-obamacare allies amongst those nuts. Funny, I thought both houses had approved obamacare, including the supreme court which, according to you, had decided immediately upon reflecting on the case, to reject it. So much for your prediction.
And, Rogue, again, you blame a local newspaper for misleading you with reference to that Jacksonville mayoral election. What a joke. I recall, you were drooling, salivating at the prospect of a tea partyer being elected mayor. You had your dancing shoes all ready, then kept them in reserve for that SURE and CERTAIN Romney victory. Who do you blame for THAT prediction?
Then the prediction on the stock market crash - it's what, now, a year late? But you know, you'll be right on that one. Eventually. It will crash one day, it did under GWB in 2008, it has to, this is cyclical and allows smart brokers to reap huge profits, ex : drive it low by selling, making an initial profit, buy it back when it bottoms, sell it medium or medium-high and make another profit. And so it goes. It'll happen, Rogue, bound to, and yes , you will have been right. You'll be off by only 2 or 3 years, is all.
I do wonder what amount it took for Roberts to sell his soul. The SC was and still is, wrong. A tax? LMAO! Right!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172492 Sep 22, 2013
Ban Islam from the U.S.A.! They're lying murderers and nothing else.
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172493 Sep 22, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Merkel will easily be re-elected, but because of what is called "proportional representation", will, as per all other German gov'ts since the end of WWII, will not have a majority. Their one-time whorish former coalition partners, the social democrats, may not garner 5% of the vote, which means no parliamentary representation. The actual coalition partner, the an off-shoot of the main pro-business Christian-Democratic party, has switched to the left on many issues as of late and is not as desirable to Merkel as it once was, though chances are , they will remain in the coalition. However, and get this, the Green party , yes the greens, are a possible coalition partner. That's like George Wallace getting together with MLK. The Greens want nuclear power plants shut down, and oh, surprise, so does Merkel. Well, well. Should be intereting.
But tell me , Rogue. How does Germany does it? Recall what I told you a few weeks ago about Germany's economy and work force :
1. Highest salaries in Europe, amongst highest in the world;
2. Social benefits : Min 6 weeks' annual vacation, sick leave and 13th month for every worker (additional month's salary) plus vacation double bonus (paid vacation PLUS paid vacation time in cash - most cases);
3. 35-hour mandated work week. What's yours?
4. In most cases, allowance for commuting to and from workč
5. Totally universal and free health care, drugs, dentists, eyes, etc ;
6. Totally free school, high school, college, university tuition.
And much more.
Yet, they have a sky-high GDP, and are the most productive of workers . In spite of hard times, and very few natural resources and a highly-subsidized agriculture sector, they are the top country in Europe economy-wise and among the 5 best in the world.
How they do all this, Rogue? Oh, their crime and murder rates, in spite of a huge legal and illegal alien presence, is low. How do they do it?
The most insightful post I have seen in a long time and the most important.

All valid points and all true.

Rogue rather continue the status quo with Wall Street owning the prostitutes in Congress.

He likes it that way when Congress continues to stick Rogue with all the bills and gives Wall Street a free pass.

----------

Their Levees - Our Levees
http://tinyurl.com/9sjde / January 12, 2006

Here's how the British hold back the waters from flooding London:

And the Dutch solution to protecting an entire nation that mostly rests below sea level:

The Italians are defending their city on the sea, Venice:

And...
Here's how the richest, most powerful and technologically advanced
nation on earth protected against the long-forecasted flooding of New Orleans:
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0112-...

Minimum Wage 101:
Germany $12.74 England $9.20 Italy $9.18 France $8.88 Australia $8.66 United States 5.15
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172494 Sep 22, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the Democrats get their money from? NEA! Trade Unionists! But you don't think that the Democrats did not prostitute themselves for campaign funds!!!!
And we owe that to McCain-Feingold!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipartisan_Campa...
Oh, McCain is no Conservative but a Country Club RINO!
Democrats get their funding from the same places the Republicans do.

Why do you think Slick Willie joined Newt Gingrich to pass NAFTA and terminate Glass/Steagall?

==========

Economics Journalist Robert Kuttner on the Most Serious Financial Crisis Since the Great Depression”:“This is the Result of Rightwing Ideology and the Political Power of Wall Street / January 23, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/3burrh
Amid growing fears of a worldwide recession, the Federal Reserve slashed a key interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point on Tuesday, the biggest single cut in nearly a quarter of a century. Meanwhile, President Bush and congressional leaders pledged to work together on a stimulus measure that would inject about $150 billion in additional money into the economy. But many economists are skeptical over whether any measures can turn around a severe slump in the housing market and the subprime mortgage crisis, signs of growing unemployment and weakening consumer spending and the added blow of record high oil prices. We speak to veteran economics journalist Robert Kuttner and Robert Weissman, co-director of the corporate accountability group Essential Action and editor of Multinational Monitor magazine
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/23/recessi...

Obama Gets Edge on Clinton, Giuliani on Wall Street
April 17, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/ycngxxc
April 17 (Bloomberg)-- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama ran ahead of New York Senator Hillary Clinton and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani on their home turf, raising cash from the biggest investment banks on Wall Street.
Obama raised $479,209 from employees at the banks in the first quarter, according to Federal Election Commission filings. That was better than Giuliani, a Republican who collected $473,442. Clinton, Obama's Democratic rival, raised $447,625. The figures are based on employers listed by donors; in some cases, the names are missing or incomplete.
The employees of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and UBS AG gave Obama more than a combined $260,000, boosting his showing. The Illinois senator's top fundraisers include David Heller, a managing director at Goldman, and Robert Wolf, chief executive officer of UBS Americas. Neither was available for comment.
``I've never had a higher hit ratio in terms of asking people for money and them saying yes,'' said James Torrey, an Obama fundraiser and chairman and chief executive officer of New York-based Torrey Associates, a $1.3 billion fund of funds.``There are one or two or three people who are zealots within these firms and when they get behind a candidate, other people within these firms follow
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...

Lobbyists playing key role in 2012 fundraising
October 27 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/3mxyjtl
K Street is playing an increasingly central role in the 2012 presidential race, as hundreds of lobbyists representing some of the world’s largest corporations and trade groups pour money into Republican coffers.
The main beneficiary so far is Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and equity-fund executive, who is banking on strong support from the business community to propel his White House bid.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lobbyi...
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172495 Sep 22, 2013
George W. Bush (R) 2004
Top Contributors
Morgan Stanley $603,480 Merrill Lynch $586,254 PricewaterhouseCoopers $514,250 UBS AG $474,325 Goldman Sachs $394,600 Lehman Brothers $361,525 MBNA Corp $350,350 Credit Suisse Group $326,040 Citigroup Inc $320,820 Bear Stearns $313,150 Ernst & Young $305,140 US Government $295,786 Deloitte LLP $292,250 Wachovia Corp $279,310 US Dept of Defense $279,157 Ameriquest Capital $253,130 US Dept of State $225,330 Blank Rome LLP $225,150 Bank of America $218,261 AT&T Inc $214,920 / http://www.opensecrets.org/pres04/contrib.php...

John Kerry (D) 2004
Top Contributors
University of California $644,630 Harvard University $355,859 Time Warner $319,274 Goldman Sachs $311,250 Citigroup Inc $292,881 Microsoft Corp $286,597 Skadden, Arps et al $270,377 US Government $237,636 UBS AG $222,200 DLA Piper $211,103 JPMorgan Chase & Co $210,065 Wilmerhale Llp $203,986 Stanford University $200,649 IBM Corp $190,890 Viacom Inc $189,496 Columbia University $187,562 Robins, Kaplan et al $184,650 Morgan Stanley $180,979 US Dept of Defense $177,225 State of California $163,885 / http://www.opensecrets.org/pres04/contrib.php...

Barack Obama (D) 2008
Top Contributors
University of California $1,648,685 Goldman Sachs $1,013,091 Harvard University $878,164 Microsoft Corp $852,167 Google Inc $814,540 JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799 Citigroup Inc $736,771 Time Warner $624,618 Sidley Austin LLP $600,298 Stanford University $595,716 National Amusements Inc $563,798 WilmerHale LLP $550,668 Columbia University $547,852 Skadden, Arps et al $543,539 UBS AG $532,674 IBM Corp $532,372 General Electric $529,855 US Government $513,308 Morgan Stanley $512,232 Latham & Watkins $503,295
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php...

John McCain (R) 2008
Top Contributors
Merrill Lynch $375,895 JPMorgan Chase & Co $343,505 Citigroup Inc $338,202 Morgan Stanley $271,902 Goldman Sachs $240,295 US Government $202,929 AT&T Inc $201,938 Wachovia Corp $199,663 UBS AG $187,493 Credit Suisse Group $184,153 PricewaterhouseCoopers $169,400 US Army $169,020 Bank of America $167,826 Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher $160,346 Blank Rome LLP $155,226 Greenberg Traurig LLP $147,437 US Dept of Defense $146,356 FedEx Corp $131,974 Lehman Brothers $126,557 Ernst & Young $114,506
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php...
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172496 Sep 22, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice how Speaker Bonehead bent over for the TEA Party last week? Bonehead can't ignore The Force!
Talk is cheap!

The real power comes from leadership positions in Congress which Speaker Boehner took away from all the Tea Bags.

Poor You !!!

LOL

Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172497 Sep 22, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The USSC decision would not have mattered as the State of Florida had already convened an emergency legislature and they would have nullified the whole election and then voted for the electoral college. And since the legislature was, and still is, dominated by Republicans, Bush would have won.
You need to read our Constitution as our Constitution does not tell the states how to appoint/elect the members of the electoral college!!!
Jeb Bush purged the voting rolls illegally with Katharine Harris.

You Forgot?

LOL

---------

GORE WON !(This is the blow-by-blow version.)
http://www.janrainwater.com/htdocs/GoreWon.ht...

Democracy Counts / Al Gore Won Florida
The Media Consortium Florida Ballot Project
Dan Keating / The Washington Post / August 2002
http://www.aei.org/files/2004/06/21/20040526_...

Yes, Gore DID win!
The Purge and Other Crimes
http://tinyurl.com/ykbt6ot
http://www.legitgov.com/index_hot_April5.html

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
Case No. 01-CIV-120-GOLD / Katherine Harris purged voting rolls illegally
http://election2000.stanford.edu/11001harris....

Voting Rights in Florida 2002:
The Impact of the Commission’s Report and the Florida Election Reform Act of 2001
June 2002 / http://tinyurl.com/2dmjq
http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/imp0602.ht...
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172498 Sep 22, 2013
Germany is one of the few European countries to lack a statutory minimum wage. Unions and employers negotiate wages sector by sector. In ten sectors agreed minimums apply to all. But jobs are growing in fragmented services not in manufacturing. Just over half of workers in western Germany are now covered by central agreements; in the east it is only a third. In 2007, 3.7m workers earned under €7 ($9) an hour and 1.2m under €5.

TE

12.74?
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172499 Sep 22, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Americans barely scrapping by are discovering that Obamacare has made health care completely unaffordable. Those who aren’t part of a protected special interest group have been left in the cold.
When you’re living on a fixed income, having to pay hundreds of dollars more each month for health care will cut into your ability to pay for basic necessities like food, electricity, or gas (which has increased 90% under Obama).
I am in agreement with your post and Single Payer Medicare For All or a Public Option would have been cheaper and more people covered.

Obama went the Republican way without any Republicans voting for it.

Sad, But True!

---------

Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans
October 1, 1989 / http://tinyurl.com/8xb6rd9
http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/assu...

----------

Obama says Heritage Foundation is source of health exchange idea
March 30th, 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/26xm72p
EDITOR'S NOTE: An analysis of this comment by President Barack Obama was published on April 1, 2010. After it appeared, the Heritage Foundation's communications office contacted us to argue that our rating of Mostly True was too generous to the president. We did some additional reporting to review our ruling. Our second round of reporting -- primarily talking to conservative policy experts outside of Heritage -- solidified our initial conclusions. Below is the updated version of our story, which retains the rating of Mostly True, published April 26, 2010.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

Summary Of A 1993 Republican Health Reform Plan
Feb 23, 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/amcg2tz
In November, 1993, Sen. John Chafee, R-R.I., introduced what was considered to be one of the main Republican health overhaul proposals: "A bill to provide comprehensive reform of the health care system of the United States."
Titled the "Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993," it had 21 co-sponsors, including two Democrats (Sens. Boren and Kerrey). The bill, which was not debated or voted upon, was an alternative to President Bill Clinton's plan. It bears similarity to the Democratic bill passed by the Senate Dec. 24, 2009, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2010/...
----
How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate / 10/20/2011 / http://tinyurl.com/7yztznx

ROMNEY: Actually, Newt, we got the idea of an individual mandate from you.

GINGRICH: That’s not true. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: Yes, we got it from you, and you got it from the Heritage Foundation and from you.

GINGRICH: Wait a second. What you just said is not true. You did not get that from me. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: And you never supported them?

GINGRICH: I agree with them, but I’m just saying, what you said to this audience just now plain wasn’t true.

ROMNEY: OK. Let me ask, have you supported in the past an individual mandate?

GINGRICH: I absolutely did with the Heritage Foundation against Hillarycare.

ROMNEY: You did support an individual mandate?

ROMNEY: Oh, OK. That’s what I’m saying. We got the idea from you and the Heritage Foundation.

GINGRICH: OK. A little broader.

ROMNEY: OK.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2011/10/20/h...

Frank

Spokane, WA

#172500 Sep 22, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats get their funding from the same places the Republicans do.
Why do you think Slick Willie joined Newt Gingrich to pass NAFTA and terminate Glass/Steagall?
==========
Economics Journalist Robert Kuttner on the Most Serious Financial Crisis Since the Great Depression”:“This is the Result of Rightwing Ideology and the Political Power of Wall Street / January 23, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/3burrh
Amid growing fears of a worldwide recession, the Federal Reserve slashed a key interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point on Tuesday, the biggest single cut in nearly a quarter of a century. Meanwhile, President Bush and congressional leaders pledged to work together on a stimulus measure that would inject about $150 billion in additional money into the economy. But many economists are skeptical over whether any measures can turn around a severe slump in the housing market and the subprime mortgage crisis, signs of growing unemployment and weakening consumer spending and the added blow of record high oil prices. We speak to veteran economics journalist Robert Kuttner and Robert Weissman, co-director of the corporate accountability group Essential Action and editor of Multinational Monitor magazine
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/23/recessi...
Obama Gets Edge on Clinton, Giuliani on Wall Street
April 17, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/ycngxxc
April 17 (Bloomberg)-- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama ran ahead of New York Senator Hillary Clinton and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani on their home turf, raising cash from the biggest investment banks on Wall Street.
Obama raised $479,209 from employees at the banks in the first quarter, according to Federal Election Commission filings. That was better than Giuliani, a Republican who collected $473,442. Clinton, Obama's Democratic rival, raised $447,625. The figures are based on employers listed by donors; in some cases, the names are missing or incomplete.
The employees of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and UBS AG gave Obama more than a combined $260,000, boosting his showing. The Illinois senator's top fundraisers include David Heller, a managing director at Goldman, and Robert Wolf, chief executive officer of UBS Americas. Neither was available for comment.
``I've never had a higher hit ratio in terms of asking people for money and them saying yes,'' said James Torrey, an Obama fundraiser and chairman and chief executive officer of New York-based Torrey Associates, a $1.3 billion fund of funds.``There are one or two or three people who are zealots within these firms and when they get behind a candidate, other people within these firms follow
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
Lobbyists playing key role in 2012 fundraising
October 27 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/3mxyjtl
K Street is playing an increasingly central role in the 2012 presidential race, as hundreds of lobbyists representing some of the world’s largest corporations and trade groups pour money into Republican coffers.
The main beneficiary so far is Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and equity-fund executive, who is banking on strong support from the business community to propel his White House bid.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lobbyi...
In 2008 Obama claimed he got all his funding as $20 donations from average citizens.
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172501 Sep 22, 2013
Who's Blocking Health Care Reform Now? Blue Dogs? Senate Dems? House Progressives? Or the White House Itself?/ Obama is not liberal
09/02/2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ksxq3e
Anyone who can add knows Republicans are not blocking universal health care. The performances of Republican teabaggers at a few town halls notwithstanding, there are just not enough Republicans in the House and Senate to block anything. The president and his party can roll over Republican opposition any time they want to.
Blue dog Democrats aren't to blame for blocking the White House health care bills either. The political careers of many House blue dogs are the creation of White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, who as head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee dispensed them bags of corporate cash to win primary elections against left leaning Democrats. The interests that owned Rahm, and still do, own his successor at DCCC, so the blue dogs are White House puppies it can rein it any time it chooses.
If progressives like Donna Edwards can be blamed for blocking health care reform, it's only because they are choosing to follow the White House lead and settle for “health insurance reform” instead. The White House itself, and our First Black President are the biggest political obstacles to achieving health care for every American, along with the corporate media which controls the public debate.
http://blackagendareport.com/...
==========

Max Baucus WellPoint/Liz Fowler Plan"
September 8, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/md9or8
All this time I’ve been calling Max Tax health care Max Baucus’ health care plan.
But, as William Ockham points out, it’s actually Liz Fowler’s health care plan (if you open the document and look under document properties, it lists her as author). At one level, it’s not surprising that Bad Max’s Senior Counsel would have authored the Max Tax plan. Here’s how Politico described her role in Bad Max’s health care plan earlier this year / http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2009/09/08/...

-----

Revolving door for health care aides /
9/15/09 / http://tinyurl.com/q243zq
Some of the most influential aides in the closed-door Senate Finance Committee negotiations over health care reform have ties to interests that would be directly affected by the legislation.
Before she was hired last year as senior counsel to Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.), Liz Fowler worked as a highly paid public policy adviser for WellPoint Inc., the nation’s largest publicly traded health benefits company.
Mark Hayes, health policy director and chief health counsel for Finance Committee ranking member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), is married to a registered lobbyist for a firm that represents drug companies and hospital groups, although the couple says she doesn’t lobby Grassley’s office.
Frederick Isasi, a health policy adviser to Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.), was a registered lobbyist at Powell Goldstein, where his clients included public hospitals and the American Stroke Association.
Kate Spaziani, senior health policy aide to Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.), was also a registered lobbyist at Powell Goldstein, although Conrad’s office says she worked as a lawyer — not as a lobbyist — for public hospitals on Medicare issues.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/271...

--------
Evan Bayh: Hypocrisy on the Public Option
10/29/09 / http://tinyurl.com/yhlqnft
WASHINGTON (TheStreet)-- Evan Bayh, the junior senator from Indiana, is in the middle of a heated debate in the Senate on whether a public option should be included as part of President Obama's health care reforms. An organizer of a group of so-called Senate Blue Dog Democrats, to date, Bayh's been a staunch opponent of any changes to the status quo in this debate.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10618234/1/eva...
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#172502 Sep 22, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats get their funding from the same places the Republicans do.
Why do you think Slick Willie joined Newt Gingrich to pass NAFTA and terminate Glass/Steagall?
==========
Economics Journalist Robert Kuttner on the Most Serious Financial Crisis Since the Great Depression”:“This is the Result of Rightwing Ideology and the Political Power of Wall Street / January 23, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/3burrh
Amid growing fears of a worldwide recession, the Federal Reserve slashed a key interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point on Tuesday, the biggest single cut in nearly a quarter of a century. Meanwhile, President Bush and congressional leaders pledged to work together on a stimulus measure that would inject about $150 billion in additional money into the economy. But many economists are skeptical over whether any measures can turn around a severe slump in the housing market and the subprime mortgage crisis, signs of growing unemployment and weakening consumer spending and the added blow of record high oil prices. We speak to veteran economics journalist Robert Kuttner and Robert Weissman, co-director of the corporate accountability group Essential Action and editor of Multinational Monitor magazine
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/23/recessi...
Obama Gets Edge on Clinton, Giuliani on Wall Street
April 17, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/ycngxxc
April 17 (Bloomberg)-- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama ran ahead of New York Senator Hillary Clinton and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani on their home turf, raising cash from the biggest investment banks on Wall Street.
Obama raised $479,209 from employees at the banks in the first quarter, according to Federal Election Commission filings. That was better than Giuliani, a Republican who collected $473,442. Clinton, Obama's Democratic rival, raised $447,625. The figures are based on employers listed by donors; in some cases, the names are missing or incomplete.
The employees of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and UBS AG gave Obama more than a combined $260,000, boosting his showing. The Illinois senator's top fundraisers include David Heller, a managing director at Goldman, and Robert Wolf, chief executive officer of UBS Americas. Neither was available for comment.
``I've never had a higher hit ratio in terms of asking people for money and them saying yes,'' said James Torrey, an Obama fundraiser and chairman and chief executive officer of New York-based Torrey Associates, a $1.3 billion fund of funds.``There are one or two or three people who are zealots within these firms and when they get behind a candidate, other people within these firms follow
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
Lobbyists playing key role in 2012 fundraising
October 27 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/3mxyjtl
K Street is playing an increasingly central role in the 2012 presidential race, as hundreds of lobbyists representing some of the world’s largest corporations and trade groups pour money into Republican coffers.
The main beneficiary so far is Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and equity-fund executive, who is banking on strong support from the business community to propel his White House bid.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lobbyi...
Make your point then quit spamming the board! Thanks.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172503 Sep 22, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he knows he will find anti-obamacare allies amongst those nuts. Funny, I thought both houses had approved obamacare, including the supreme court which, according to you, had decided immediately upon reflecting on the case, to reject it. So much for your prediction.
And, Rogue, again, you blame a local newspaper for misleading you with reference to that Jacksonville mayoral election. What a joke. I recall, you were drooling, salivating at the prospect of a tea partyer being elected mayor. You had your dancing shoes all ready, then kept them in reserve for that SURE and CERTAIN Romney victory. Who do you blame for THAT prediction?
Then the prediction on the stock market crash - it's what, now, a year late? But you know, you'll be right on that one. Eventually. It will crash one day, it did under GWB in 2008, it has to, this is cyclical and allows smart brokers to reap huge profits, ex : drive it low by selling, making an initial profit, buy it back when it bottoms, sell it medium or medium-high and make another profit. And so it goes. It'll happen, Rogue, bound to, and yes , you will have been right. You'll be off by only 2 or 3 years, is all.
There you go exaggerating again. The stock market WILL have a correction of at least 10% just as soon as Bernanke stops printing Obama Bucks. Most people thought he would stop printing Obama Bucks early this year which brings us up to WHY??? Maybe the economy is not doing as well as YOU think it is!!!
As far as polls go, I don't make polls. I rely on others to do the polling. And a ten point lead going into an election is usually considered to be a sure thing.
Why Romney had a 1-2% lead a month before the election and Obama won by 4% which is a shift on 5-6%. But in the Jacksonville mayaral election it was a 11% shift in just two weeks.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172504 Sep 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>In 2008 Obama claimed he got all his funding as $20 donations from average citizens.
Obama lies too!
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/donordemCID...
If 320,000 people donated $345M that means the average donated $108 per person!!!
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

#172505 Sep 22, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>In 2008 Obama claimed he got all his funding as $20 donations from average citizens.
You have that correct, small donations.

I did not vote for him either time but he was the first president in history that received the most small donations from average Americans.

I thought wrongly, because of that fact, he might have implemented policies for average Americans instead of the wealthy few who own most of Washington DC.

=========

When Bush took office in 2001, the federal budget had a $128 billion surplus; when he left in 2009, the annual deficit was projected to exceed $1 trillion, according to the CBO./

http://www.srwolf.com/reports/Stiglitz10trill...
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...

==========

Fox Nation falsely attributes entire FY09 deficit to Obama
October 09, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ylm3xbm
The Fox Nation falsely attributed the entire fiscal year 2009 deficit to President Obama, using the headline "Obama Triples Budget Deficit to $1.4 Trillion" to link to an Associated Press article reporting on the Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) most recent budget review estimate. In fact, only a small portion of the fiscal year 2009 deficit is due to Obama's policies; in January, before he took office or signed any legislation, CBO projected that, based on policies set under President Bush and economic conditions at the time, the deficit for fiscal year 2009 would reach $1.2 trillion.
http://mediamatters.org/research/200910090020

---------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 71,140
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min IBdaMann 49,256
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min whatever 1,154,621
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 3 hr dango64 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 98,858
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:21PM
Brandon Marshall on Dominic Raiola: Dirty player, worse person
NBC Sports 1:23 PM
Lions' Raiola suspended 1 game for stomping on opponent - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:31 PM
Allen (Knee) to Get MRI; Considered Day-to-Day
ESPN 2:14 PM
Bears' Marshall blasts Raiola: A dirty player
NBC Sports 4:10 PM
PFT Whiparound: Jay Cutler will return in Week 17