BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#171260 Sep 11, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
ragghead, eh? With two "g"s, clod? RAGHEAD. Illiterate racist. You can't even spell your racist epithets. What a bum, what a despicable ornery old man. You don't have the wherewithal to reply, out come racist, and so many other times, sexist , homosexual, anal taunts.
Your (sic) you're (sic) own worst enemy.
It helps if you're smarter than a stupid word filter, Path! DAB Dish it out, expect it in return, you moron. I'm not racist for telling the truth. It's the truth that you gum-flappers can't handle so you allow the media to herd you like cattle. Did they put up nice fences for the herd?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#171261 Sep 11, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The gaps still exist. Afterall, it is just a theory.
The fact that man evolved is not "just a theory".

Sorry.

The loser doesn't understand the difference between fact and theory explaining the fact.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The "gaps" seemed large in 1860.
BTW, this ain't 1860.

RationalState

#171262 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I assumed.
I was in the kitchen one day and my wife was listening to a lecture that turned into a debate.
I asked her who was giving the lecture.
She looked at me as only a wife can.(love with some residual pity)
And replied... "You."
Ha!

RationalState

#171263 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming that science and religion not speaking the same language is why you resist.
I could be wrong. Do you have a competing scientific theory?
Neolithic goat herders said so.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#171264 Sep 11, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:

<quoted text>
Well, evolution "is" just a theory, you know?
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I wonder...
:)
You wonder? Why? The specimen is a stool. The league against cruelty to animals has nominated LRS and his birther brethren/comrades as replacements for laboratory guinea pigs.

LABEL : "No animals were used in the making of this product, only birthers".

Ottawa

#171265 Sep 11, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different; what you hear of yourself and how you are heard by others. Your ear hears your own voice through vibrations transmitted through bone and tissue (primarily). Other people hear you through sound waves transmitted via air.
That's queer talk LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).

Ottawa

#171266 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming that science and religion not speaking the same language is why you resist.
I could be wrong. Do you have a competing scientific theory?
He's desperately foraging google for the answer, LMAO (RLS tm reg'd)
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#171267 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep insisting there are these huge gaps.
They simply do not exist.
If I took 20 skulls from modern humans back to homo erectus and laid them out according to time line...
And asked you to show me a gap...
You would have no trouble showing a pretty obvious one.
Now, I place the proper skull in your gap.
You would then say "Well the new skull is still too different from the one to it's right."
I then insert the skull that fills your new gap.
You would then say "Well the new skull is still too different from the one to it's left."
I insert the skull that fills your gap.
This can go on quite a long time.... how long?
There are over 6000 human fossils that science has obtained to help study human evolution.
I could continue to fill in "missing links" for days.
Not only that, but if I asked AL... she may feel there are gaps but in completely different places that you perceive them to be. What I am saying is... to the untrained eye there may be reasonable suspicion, but this is a matter of perception.
(I am not claiming I have a trained eye for such things. If they were stars, planets, nebula and cosmic phenomena... I would be much more at home.)
----------
Besides, DNA is the true evolutionary smoking gun. We could plug gaps for months. There just isn't a reason to anymore.
----------
I am sure you have squared up with the Earth being held up by pillars. And the Earth centered universe...
Why can't evolution be the way God created man?
Ninety-five percent of the fossils are marine invertebrates, particularly shellfish. Of the remaining 5%, 95% are algae and plant fossils. Ninety-five percent of the remaining 0.25% are other invertebrates including insects. The remaining 0.0125% of fossils include all vertebrates, mostly fish. Ninety-five percent of the few land vertebrates consist of less than one bone. The fossil record is best understood as the results of a marine cataclysm (Morris, J .D., 1994). David Raup Hmm, not a lot of supporting evidence there!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#171269 Sep 11, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
That's queer talk LMAO (LRS tm reg'd).
As is everything that comes from your mouth.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#171270 Sep 11, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
The loser doesn't understand the difference between fact and theory explaining the fact.
<quoted text>
Fact is, you can't find your "link". LMAO!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#171271 Sep 11, 2013
I do hear the Google pages flipping by now! LMAO!

RationalState

#171272 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.(And apparently RACY!)
Not a singer myself. But I do play.
Loose said he/she (sorry never saw any indication of your gender loose) has perfect pitch.
Or at least very close to it.
I was wondering if it was different for those gifted with superb hearing.
I don't know. The former understanding of "absolute pitch" is junk. Absolute pitch is not so absolute. Though some may approach "perfect". The simple fact is that the number (in a certain region) of neurons and the nature of their connections determines perception of pitch. There actually is "close to" absolute pitch and different degrees. The old-fashioned notion of perfect v. non-perfect as an "absolute" divide is, no longer considered valid. I'm not surprised.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#171273 Sep 11, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ninety-five percent of the fossils are marine invertebrates, particularly shellfish. Of the remaining 5%, 95% are algae and plant fossils. Ninety-five percent of the remaining 0.25% are other invertebrates including insects. The remaining 0.0125% of fossils include all vertebrates, mostly fish. Ninety-five percent of the few land vertebrates consist of less than one bone. The fossil record is best understood as the results of a marine cataclysm (Morris, J .D., 1994). David Raup Hmm, not a lot of supporting evidence there!
That doesn't have anything to do with what we are discussing.

Unless I am mistaken, human evolution was what we were talking about.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/research

If you were to come down with a serious illness would you want the medicine we used to treat the virus when it was originally discovered?

..... or what it has evolved into?

By the way... those vaccines are truly intelligently designed. If that helps.

RationalState

#171274 Sep 11, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is, you can't find your "link". LMAO!
Huh? Sorry loser, the weight of evidence left you behind 50 years ago. Today, it's forgone. Check the evidence, fossil and DNA.

Sorry, game is over.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.

RationalState

#171275 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't have anything to do with what we are discussing.
Unless I am mistaken, human evolution was what we were talking about.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/research
If you were to come down with a serious illness would you want the medicine we used to treat the virus when it was originally discovered?
..... or what it has evolved into?
By the way... those vaccines are truly intelligently designed. If that helps.
Good point.

Oops, I think you may have fallen into an inscrutable and obtuse "trap". LRS can explain it, I'm sure.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#171276 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny,
I'm going to share something very special with you guys.
I want you to watch this video. No so much for the slide show, which you will enjoy, but mainly for the music.
You have to listen very closely and carefully and I want you to tell me what instruments you hear.
It's a Chopin Nocturne,... Opus 9 No. 1 in B flat minor to be specific.
It was written for piano, but I think it's a marimba that I am hearing, but I am not quite sure.
It's an 8 minute video, but the piece is played twice, fyi.

www.youtube.com/watch...

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#171277 Sep 11, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. The former understanding of "absolute pitch" is junk. Absolute pitch is not so absolute. Though some may approach "perfect". The simple fact is that the number (in a certain region) of neurons and the nature of their connections determines perception of pitch. There actually is "close to" absolute pitch and different degrees. The old-fashioned notion of perfect v. non-perfect as an "absolute" divide is, no longer considered valid. I'm not surprised.
Interesting.

My oldest son is a gifted guitar player.(So I am told.)
They credited his ability at such a young age to "perfect pitch".

I never really understood what that was. But man can he tune my guitars. lol.

I thought it was the ability to precisely reconstruct what he had heard.

I guess I was way off.

Thanks.

RationalState

#171278 Sep 11, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Scrutiny,
I want you to watch this video. No so much for the slide show, which you will enjoy, but mainly for the music.
You have to listen very closely and carefully and I want you to tell me what instruments you hear.
It was written for piano, but I think it's a marimba that I am hearing, but I am not quite sure.
www.youtube.com/watch...
Indeed it is a Chopin Nocturne. But I'd rather hear Maurizio Pollini play it on the piano.

RationalState

#171279 Sep 11, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
My oldest son is a gifted guitar player.(So I am told.)
They credited his ability at such a young age to "perfect pitch".
I never really understood what that was. But man can he tune my guitars. lol.
I thought it was the ability to precisely reconstruct what he had heard.
I guess I was way off.
Thanks.
But his pitch ability is remarkable.

But, for ha ha: J.S. Bach (modestly tongue in cheek) was quoted as responding to the question of how did he play the organ so well: "It's a matter of hitting the right key at the right time."

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#171280 Sep 11, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Scrutiny,
www.youtube.com/watch...
I would have to agree with marimba. But I may not have come to that conclusion if you didn't suggest it. I probably would have said xylophone.

Definitely not a piano.

I think it is some type of a harp accompanying.

Either way... way weird for the subject matter in the video.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Eman 1,126,321
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 70,084
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min TRD 68,651
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 50,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr scirocco 47,496
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 2 hr johnson 1
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 4 hr wasademocratNomore 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]