BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#170953 Sep 9, 2013
That's right, Scrutiny.
Iran is the Wild Card and Russia is Syria's Ace-in-the-Hole.
It's an all around bad move on Obama's part.
He should stop being so bone-headed and start listening to me and you and Jacques.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#170954 Sep 9, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
That's right, Scrutiny.
Iran is the Wild Card and Russia is Syria's Ace-in-the-Hole.
It's an all around bad move on Obama's part.
He should stop being so bone-headed and start listening to me and you and Jacques.
Well, unfortunately the end game is all that matters. Whatever we are motivated to have we will obtain. We are there for a reason and it certainly doesn't have squat to do with Saddam or al qaeda. We set up bases in Iraq with intent to branch out.

What I am saying is... this is already decided. It has been for some time. We are on hold for political and possibly military maneuvering. We will go at the opportune moment.

That is what I would do. We didn't spend 10 years in Iraq to come home.

The difference is I was playing with pretend troops. If our leaders are equally valuing lives, this isn't going to work out very well.(For people that is.)

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#170955 Sep 9, 2013
Here is why President George W. Bush went to war with Saddam Hussein. Saddam wanted to kill his daddy for the 1st Iraq war.

Vice President Dick Cheney want to go war so Halliburton could make Billions

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#170956 Sep 9, 2013
nebka wrote:
Here is why President George W. Bush went to war with Saddam Hussein. Saddam wanted to kill his daddy for the 1st Iraq war.
That was just collateral bonuses.

We went to Iraq and immediately set up permanent bases. I am sure people made their money, but Iraq was our foot in the door of the middle east.

I don't know what their end game is, but I would be looking right down Russia's nose. Break them and the Middle East is a consolation prize. That just so happens to have most of the Earth's increasingly rare oil supply.

Maybe getting to Iran through Syria is just bait for the Russians?

But who knows? We could actually just want to disarm Iran.

Guess we will find out... but why war if you don't get to keep the land?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#170957 Sep 9, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for starters, they wiped out 2/3 of the population, bringing to Hawaii their special "white" maladies, followed by the Bible.
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text> you are suffering from ''Dances with Wolves syndrome'' report to Stormfront for reeducation
Yep, but he forgets that the Europeans got syphilis from the New World and the first out break was in northern Italy in 1494 (the year after Columbus returned) In the next 50 years 10% of all Europeans died of syphilis and about 25% of the aristocracy. Remember pot-marked Henry VIII.

Location hidden

#170958 Sep 9, 2013
nebka wrote:
You opinion and like everyone that has an azz hole also has opinion. You don't think Iraq violation of 27 U.N. mandates had anything to do with the re-invasion of Iraq? How about our planes being shot at in the no-fly zones?
And of course you would rather have Saddamn Hussein still in control of Iraq, don't you!!!

Location hidden

#170959 Sep 9, 2013
History of syphilis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In late 2011 newly published evidence suggested that the Columbian hypothesis is the valid one.[4]

"Skeletal evidence that reputedly showed signs of syphilis in Europe and other parts of the Old World before Christopher Columbus made his voyage in 1492 does not hold up when subjected to standardized analyses for diagnosis and dating, according to an appraisal in the current Yearbook of Physical Anthropology. This is the first time that all 54 previously published cases have been evaluated systematically, and bolsters the case that syphilis came from the New World."

The first written records of an outbreak of syphilis in Europe occurred in 1494/1495 in Naples, Italy,
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170961 Sep 9, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Next Romper will teach me a lesson with "Santa Claus is coming to town."
I see you still need a tissue. Ya missed some on your upper lip!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#170962 Sep 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for starters, they wiped out 2/3 of the population, bringing to Hawaii their special "white" maladies, followed by the Bible.
<quoted text>
Yep, but he forgets that the Europeans got syphilis from the New World and the first out break was in northern Italy in 1494 (the year after Columbus returned) In the next 50 years 10% of all Europeans died of syphilis and about 25% of the aristocracy. Remember pot-marked Henry VIII.
After what Europeans did to the new world, the least they could garner for their dastardly and murderous colonization was syphilis. But tell us, in return, how many diseases the white man brought to the new world. Here in Upper and Lower Canada, the British occupier supplied the Indians with smallpox-infested blankets. That sure as hell did the trick. But syphilis brought back by Cristoforo Colombo and those that followed is the least of it. How the Spaniards, Portuguese, followed by the French and Brits killed, murdered, slaughtered millions. Retribution, syphilis? Small change compared to...

Ottawa

#170963 Sep 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
History of syphilis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In late 2011 newly published evidence suggested that the Columbian hypothesis is the valid one.[4]
"Skeletal evidence that reputedly showed signs of syphilis in Europe and other parts of the Old World before Christopher Columbus made his voyage in 1492 does not hold up when subjected to standardized analyses for diagnosis and dating, according to an appraisal in the current Yearbook of Physical Anthropology. This is the first time that all 54 previously published cases have been evaluated systematically, and bolsters the case that syphilis came from the New World."
The first written records of an outbreak of syphilis in Europe occurred in 1494/1495 in Naples, Italy,
Pray tell who returned to Naples, Italy, from the New world between 1494/1495. Might be, and not contesting it, but I'm not aware. Please educate me and tell me who landed in Naples from the New World in those two years. Colombus was originally from Genoa BTW, northern Italy. Naples is in the Mezzogiorno (south).

Ottawa

#170964 Sep 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You opinion and like everyone that has an azz hole also has opinion. You don't think Iraq violation of 27 U.N. mandates had anything to do with the re-invasion of Iraq? How about our planes being shot at in the no-fly zones?
And of course you would rather have Saddamn Hussein still in control of Iraq, don't you!!!
If I may. The violation of 27 UN mandates had nothing to do with the invasion. If so, please invade Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Myanmar, North Korea, China, Russia, re-invade Iraq, etc. All countries with despots that make Saddam look like a benevolent senior citizen.

Not a question of preferring having Saddam in control. The question is : Is Iraq now better off post-Saddam? Are you going to go totally delusional and tell me that it is? If so, what're Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Iranians, doing there? What happened to the Iran counterweight that was Iraq? Are Christians and women now better off? Except for Iraqi capitalist crooks and a crooked regime, who benefits from the oil boom? Are there fewer people killed post-Saddam? Start answering those questions and then tell us Iraq is better of post-Saddam. Would you be proud and grateful that a good duty-bounds son or daughter had died fighting in Iraq? Give us some examples.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170965 Sep 9, 2013
The world is better off without Saddam. How many is he credited with murdering? He was an evil scumbag. I'm sure you shed your tears for him. Give us some examples of your thoughts as each tear fell from your quivering lip ane be specific. Do it now! LMAO! Dew it, dooo it now! LMAO!

Ottawa

#170966 Sep 9, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Theresa wasn't that bad. But she was kind of promoting death and suffering. She wasn't what anyone would have called good. It is a shame that her name is given the reverence that it is.
She got so bad they attempted to exorcise her.
Actually, she was pretty good, in spite of her religious zeal and anti-abortion stance. These two are not reasons to dispel or forget the tremendous work she did on behalf of the desperate hundreds of thousands. One has to have seen the misery, the disease afflicting the poor boroughs of Calcutta, not to mention all of India. Someone, a naïve aid worker, told her that all she was doing was applying bandaids. She agreed, but said something to the effect that people were dying and could not wait for medium and long-term development plans. She added, in effect, that she would continue treating the sick and dying with "bandaids" and for her to please get cracking on her long-term solutions to solve world disease and poverty. With world poverty eradicated, she said she would then gladly put her bandaids away and retire to a convent.(from a conversation I read, I believe, in "Le Nouvel Observateur", but not sure. Was a long time ago, but she was so impressive, I could hardly forget.

What I liked about Mother Teresa was her avowed doubt in her faith. She professed it, questioned her commitment to her God to the day she died. She forever questioned why God allowed such glaring inequality in our world. She was much criticized for that stance by hypocritical Christians, yet, that was her biggest quality, to question her faith without ever losing it totally. She did live in abject poverty herself, let her actions do the talking . I don't give a hoot what her beliefs were, about her views on abortion or who were her donators, even the Mafia-type ones. Better funnel some of the greenbacks to her than to the Cayman Islands or Switzerland.
freemdan

Pittsburgh, PA

#170967 Sep 9, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……………………How about that?
he a Kenyan African lol
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170968 Sep 9, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Theresa wasn't that bad. But she was kind of promoting death and suffering. She wasn't what anyone would have called good. It is a shame that her name is given the reverence that it is.
She got so bad they attempted to exorcise her.
Another gum-flapping scumbag.

Ottawa

#170969 Sep 9, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Another gum-flapping scumbag.
If you don't agree with him, and you don't have to, why don't you have some kind of polite, civilized exchange, like we just did? Wha tkind of dumb aggressive reply is that? Or is that schoolyard bullying gene still active? Your knowledge is so sparse, you can't, unless you roam the trash sites like WND.50 , come up with something oh so slightly intelligent and plagiarize it?

Then, when it blows up in your face, you say it was BS, a joke, a sad puerile childish joke?

Location hidden

#170970 Sep 9, 2013
Most of us know of the comparable relationship between Lincoln and Kennedy;
but have you ever considered the comparisons between President Obama and Lincoln?

Parallels of Abraham Lincoln and Barack Hussein Obama:

1. Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration.
Obama used the very same Bible Lincoln used, for his inauguration.

2. Lincoln came from Illinois .
Obama comes from Illinois .

3. Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature.
Obama served in the Illinois Legislature.

4. Lincoln had very little experience before becoming President.
Obama had very little experience before becoming President.

5. Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.
Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.

6. Lincoln was highly respected by some, but intensely disliked by others.
Obama is highly respected by some, but intensely disliked by others.

7. Abraham Lincoln was a tall, skinny lawyer.
Obama is a tall, skinny lawyer.

8. Lincoln held to basic Conservative and Christian views.

9. Lincoln volunteered in the Illinois militia; once as a captain, twice as a private.

10. Lincoln firmly believed in able persons carrying their own weight.

11. Lincoln was undeniably, and without any doubt, born in the United States.

12. Lincoln was honest - so honest that he was called 'Honest Abe'.

13. Lincoln preserved the United States as a strong nation, respected by the world.

14. Lincoln showed his obvious respect for the flag, U. S. Constitution, and the military.

Amazing!!!! This is such a coincidence!!!!

Location hidden

#170971 Sep 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Over the past four weeks the stock market went down for three weeks and last week it went up marginally. What will this week do?
The labor force participation rate dropped 0.2% to 62.2 which is at it's lowest level since ..... Jimmy Carter!!! Way to go Old Floppy Ears!
<quoted text>
Bad news, Rogue. DJIA opens +60 points. Don't give up hope, there's always tomorrow.
Better yet, and even with this UP opening, don't despair, it could still go down by the end of the day.
Hummm, two points. You are right, just as soon as QE3 ends, the stock market will turn south .... big time.
Next, I noticed you did not comment on the Labor Participation rate which i not only at the lowest point in Obama's term in office, but also at the same level it was 35 years ago under his buddy, Jimmy "The Wight Peanut Man" Carter.

Location hidden

#170972 Sep 9, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
After what Europeans did to the new world, the least they could garner for their dastardly and murderous colonization was syphilis. But tell us, in return, how many diseases the white man brought to the new world. Here in Upper and Lower Canada, the British occupier supplied the Indians with smallpox-infested blankets. That sure as hell did the trick. But syphilis brought back by Cristoforo Colombo and those that followed is the least of it. How the Spaniards, Portuguese, followed by the French and Brits killed, murdered, slaughtered millions. Retribution, syphilis? Small change compared to...
What if ..... some Native Americans had traveled to Europe, given them syphilis and taken back small pox and other diseases, would that have made a difference? In your Libtardian mind no as Europeans are evil. Everywhere we go we rape the Earth and enslave the inhabitants.
Why do you live in a house with hot and cold running water, clean heat, electricity, etc.? Why don't you live in a long-house with an open fire pit, torches for light and get your water from a spring and sh*t out in the woods?

Location hidden

#170973 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
If I may. The violation of 27 UN mandates had nothing to do with the invasion. If so, please invade Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Myanmar, North Korea, China, Russia, re-invade Iraq, etc. All countries with despots that make Saddam look like a benevolent senior citizen.
Not a question of preferring having Saddam in control. The question is : Is Iraq now better off post-Saddam? Are you going to go totally delusional and tell me that it is? If so, what're Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Iranians, doing there? What happened to the Iran counterweight that was Iraq? Are Christians and women now better off? Except for Iraqi capitalist crooks and a crooked regime, who benefits from the oil boom? Are there fewer people killed post-Saddam? Start answering those questions and then tell us Iraq is better of post-Saddam. Would you be proud and grateful that a good duty-bounds son or daughter had died fighting in Iraq? Give us some examples.
Then why did my Congress, and your Parliament, approve of the re-invasion of Iraq then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min The Real Missyfit 47,480
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min VOT GOP 1,124,817
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min HulkHoeGun 50,589
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min edogxxx 98,498
Abby 10-21 44 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-21 46 min edogxxx 1
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 56 min Girly girl 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance