BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

#170277 Sep 2, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Obama is going down!!!!
down in history......

he's still far above the Republican candidates/leaders

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#170278 Sep 2, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says the earth is 4.5 Billion years old.
How do you know that?
Maybe only one billion?
Two billon?
Many only Millions?
Yet you think Adam had a Mother.
And even if you are correct so what.
God still created all things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XdvXS37obEcXX
When I asked you if we found fish on Europa what would it mean to you... You replied that it wouldn't change your beliefs one bit.

So, why can you not accept the age of the Earth, which is grounded in hardcore science? It is not theoretical stuff.

Why would you even attempt to debate it without contradictory evidence? Why can't it be like finding life somewhere else? Why can't evolution be to the greater glory of Yahwey?

Wojar can not ever disprove God. Nor can I. As a matter of fact no one can and no one ever will. It is impossible. And I don't just throw that word around. But then we come back to we can't prove Joey Bagadoughnuts didn't create all.

No matter what we discover, no matter how many mysteries of nature we unravel... there will always be room for people to say God did it.

Has science peeled back a bit of the bible? Certainly. But people have simply changed how they interpret those passages.

The Earth is 4.5 Billion years old give or take 70 million years.

The oldest rocks found are 3.8 and 3.9 billion years old. Which figures in just right. We calculate this from several radiometric dating methods. It isn't like we ran a litmus test on a rock near a geologist house an we came up with 4.5 billion years.

Does this destroy God?

No.

We know it because we have credible evidence from experiment that has been reproduced many many times. And there hasn't been a single person to come up with a different valid scientific answer to the question.

That would get you a Nobel Prize and all the funding you would ever need. So, it is not like there isn't motivation.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170279 Sep 2, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate and respect science.
I think it was probable that if Adam cut down a tree there would be many, many, many rings inside it.
Also some of the fruit and vegetables might have been rotten and not editable.
So What!
Maybe Adam and Eve were hairy ape-like Humans?
After all Chimps cannot drive airplanes or pass an SAT test.
Something to ponder my friend.
Why are the Muslims, the Christians, and the Jews all waiting for Jesus to come back?
========
Moshiach Facts
Five Questions and Answers About Moshiach
http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/ai...
Resurrection of the Dead
Moshiach Facts, Lesson 2
Heaven on Earth
Moshiach Facts, Lesson 3
Louis Farrakhan on Barack Obama, Churches and Satan's Rule
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =38I55mZuSOYXX&NR=1
Why would the Jews be waiting for Jesus to come back?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170280 Sep 2, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
If we came from primates, where is the "linking" evidence? As in a body? I didn't know Bigfoot had been found. Wow.
It is at the Smithsonian.

It has been for a long time.

You think the link between us and the lower primates looks like bigfoot?

Wow. Indeed.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170281 Sep 3, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that Sahelanthropus and Orrorin tugenensis have been discovered recently and at the other end H. heidelbergensis has been known for over a century, the question is what is your point? Numerous species in between also identified.
Then the molecular evidence is overwhelming and conclusively points to the common ancestor: there is no rational alternative explanation.
----------
A female body is found. Her home was burglarized. Evidence of a struggle. Skin and blood under her fingernails with DNA that matches semen DNA recovered at the scene. Some moron pointing out that no suspect has been identified says "what exactly is this molecular evidence compared to?" as though doubt that a man committed the crime.
Could have been Bigfoot. You have nothing.

:)

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170282 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable. Now why would God want to create a world full of "little" Gods? LMAO Silly and absurd. What would be the point? Doh....
He did.

They are called Angels. As to why... ask him.

Ever read that dusty ole thing?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#170286 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but it is the "key" that simply hasn't been found. There were many in "your" founder population, where are the remains? Surely, with "many" being present, remains should have been found, no? What you fail to consider is the fact that I haven't said it doesn't exist. Have you? LOL Ask Path, assuming will bite you in the butt everytime. It may well exist, I don't know. Evolution could be part of the Divine Plan, who is to say? Either way it really doesn't affect my belief system one way or the other. One of the truest sayings I've come across is, "you never know". I am curious why you take this personally, though.
Sheer utter ignorant nonsense. Fossilization is quite a rare event. There are many ancient species for which only one or two fossils have been found. This is not only for humans but for many other species. The expectation that fossils should be found for the specific founder population is sheer utter nonsense that only an uneducated fool would expect. Population bottleneck studies are conclusive. The founder population ranged in the thousands. Today members of both lineages exist and there is a fossil record linking them along with genetic evidence that conclusively confirms.

BTW, no body for Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, etc., either. Moron.

Humans evolved. The problem for believers in the literal Adam & Eve story is that the literal details of the myth are in conflict with the evidence. That is their problem, not mine.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You will disregard the conclusive molecular evidence, chromosomal fusion, GULO pseudogene similarity sharing random mutations and retroelements, CMT1A segments with humans and chimps sharing same truncation in one of the two flanking Alu elementsm. then the glucosere-brosidase data and shared 66 base-pair deletion, etc. etc. etc.
Because the extensive fossil evidence does not suit your false conception that it should be more complete?
All because this evidence contradicts your fable for which there is NO EVIDENCE.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#170287 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit! If you don't find the phrase, "in his image" to be open to interpretation, then you're an idiot. What a load! Common sense has totally escaped you.
You : "What a load! Common sense has totally escaped you" Er, best switch that around, as it seems God, as is "reported" ,is pretty clear to me. How in hell can you even doubt what "Created in His Image" means?

But this is mere semantics. He never said that to Anyone.

Ottawa

#170288 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit! If you don't find the phrase, "in his image" to be open to interpretation, then you're an idiot. What a load! Common sense has totally escaped you.
Strange, here you are, a self-avowed believer, yet, so often not believing in what the Scriptures announce. Is God so unclear, so inarticulate in His messages that he needs interpretation?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170289 Sep 3, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheer utter ignorant nonsense. Fossilization is quite a rare event. There are many ancient species for which only one or two fossils have been found. This is not only for humans but for many other species. The expectation that fossils should be found for the specific founder population is sheer utter nonsense that only an uneducated fool would expect. Population bottleneck studies are conclusive. The founder population ranged in the thousands. Today members of both lineages exist and there is a fossil record linking them along with genetic evidence that conclusively confirms.
BTW, no body for Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, etc., either. Moron.
Humans evolved. The problem for believers in the literal Adam & Eve story is that the literal details of the myth are in conflict with the evidence. That is their problem, not mine.
<quoted text>
HaHaHa. Bullchit! See what I mean about you taking it so personally? As to your last sentence; seems like you have a bigger problem with it than Believers. Or, is it just believers, you have a problem with? Is that what your hang up is? Silly child, open your mind. Oh, that's right, you can't! LMAO! Keep building that prison. LMAO! THOUSANDS in the founder population, yet not one body. Your theory is missing a "LINK"! LMAO! Moronic DAB.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170290 Sep 3, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
He did.
They are called Angels. As to why... ask him.
Ever read that dusty ole thing?
Wow, the Earth's population is made up of all Angels! And I thought the Bible said, God created man. Got a clue, bonehead?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170291 Sep 3, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, here you are, a self-avowed believer, yet, so often not believing in what the Scriptures announce. Is God so unclear, so inarticulate in His messages that he needs interpretation?
God isn't unclear, you are. Got a clue on "in his image" yet? Didn't think so. What is it with you gum-flappers and your obvious hatred for those who believe? It upsets you that someone may think and believe differently than you, doesn't it? Why is that? I'd say insecurity with a healthy dose of immaturity to go along with it! Rodeo Clown.

Ottawa

#170292 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't unclear, you are. Got a clue on "in his image" yet? Didn't think so. What is it with you gum-flappers and your obvious hatred for those who believe? It upsets you that someone may think and believe differently than you, doesn't it? Why is that? I'd say insecurity with a healthy dose of immaturity to go along with it! Rodeo Clown.
It's obvious that in my disagreement with you on this, I am much more mature and tolerant. Look at your above post. Do you think that "Rodeo Clown" and "gum-flappers" and "hatred" are worthy discussion points? Have you seen any kind of talk like that in the present discussion from me? Why not? Because I don't need to, I'm right, you're wrong, you're out of comebacks and out comes the ad hominem. Sad. Sigh.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170293 Sep 3, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that in my disagreement with you on this, I am much more mature and tolerant. Look at your above post. Do you think that "Rodeo Clown" and "gum-flappers" and "hatred" are worthy discussion points? Have you seen any kind of talk like that in the present discussion from me? Why not? Because I don't need to, I'm right, you're wrong, you're out of comebacks and out comes the ad hominem. Sad. Sigh.
Another load of pure garbage. You, tolerant? LMAO! Sad attempt at deflection. Gotta love this one, "I'm right, you're wrong"!!!!! LMAO! Yea, that just reeks of maturity! Bonehead, are you stoned or just stupid?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170294 Sep 3, 2013
How come know-it-alls don't know how annoying they are? LOL

Ottawa

#170295 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
How come know-nothings don't know how stupid they are in spite of the fact that everyone keeps reminding them? And how come they've been using ad hominem for so long before they had even seen the word, much less understood it?

Scenario or parable for LRS, hoping he's quicker on the comprehension side than the apostle :

LRS comes to a red light. He stops. Light is long, oh so long. LRS starts to think (oh oh, dangerous), law says I cannot cross the intersection if the light is red. But, could that not be open to interpretation? Just like God who created man in His Image? Yes, by gum, nowhere does it say I can't go ahead, drive on red, if I do it slowly - law doesn't say I can't drive across slowly. Yup, interpretation, it's "spot on" (LRS tm reg'd).

Ottawa

#170296 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
Okay, Mr LRS, tell us who said or wrote that God created man in His own Image and where he got it from. Go ahead. What? You have no idea? Neither has anyone. And, you believe it?
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#170298 Sep 3, 2013
What is “lobbying”?
Historically, it is the process of petitioning the government to look at a perceived injustice or to intervene in special causes.
How should lobbying be defined today? That, argue critics, is up for grabs.
Dating back to the Magna Carta written in 1215, the right "by the people" to petition government was a principle reaffirmed in 1776 in the Declaration of Independence and later in the Bill of Rights.
Petitioning to hear individual grievances was a treasured right in the young American democracy, which gave most citizens a potential active role in how they were governed.
Yet, the sense that those early Americans once had - of having a direct voice in local or national politics - is now arguably a quaint thing of the past.
http://www.chiff.com/society/lobby.htm
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#170299 Sep 3, 2013
Top Ten Congressional Lobbying Scandals in US History
http://blog.oup.com/2006/03/congressional_l/ / http://tinyurl.com/6xdkuf

1. 1857, the New York Times published an expose of lobbying for the Pacific Railroad bill, charging that lobbyists had shaped a bill in order to pillage federal lands. The House opened an investigation that led four representatives to resign (the House also expelled from its galleries the Times reporter who broke the story).

2. 1872, the New York Sun exposed the Credit Mobilier scandal, where a railroad lobbyist provided stock to members of Congress to make them more likely to increase appropriations for transcontinental railroad construction. Both the Senate and House investigated the charges, which ruined the careers of two vice presidents, a Speaker, and other members of both bodies.

3. 1906, Cosmopolitan magazine publishes David Graham Phillips’ series of muckraking exposes on the “Treason of the Senate,” in which he accused prominent senators of representing special interests rather than the public interest. The series contributes to political pressure that results in the Seventeenth Amendment requiring senators to be elected by the public rather than by state legislatures.

4. 1913, the New York World ran an expose of questionable tactics by a lobbyist for the National Association of Manufacturers seeking to influence tariff rates. One member of the House resigned and the House passed a bill requiring lobbyists to register with Congress. The Senate declined to go along with the reform.
5. 1929, the New York World accused Connecticut Senator Hiram Bingham of bringing a paid agent for the Connecticut Manufacturers’ Association into closed committee meetings on a pending tariff bill. The Senate investigated and censured Bingham (previously prominent as the discoverer of Machu Picchu), who was then defeated for reelection.

6. 1962, a Des Moines Register correspondent reported that Senate Majority Secretary Bobby Baker accepted favors from lobbyists in exchange for providing access to powerful senators. A Senate committee investigated and Baker was later convicted of income tax evasion.

7. 1976, the Washington Post broke the story that the Justice Department was investigating South Korean agent Tongsun Park, who had distributed illegal gifts to members of Congress. Congressional investigation of “Koreagate” ended with the reprimand of three members of the House and the indictment of two others.
http://blog.oup.com/2006/03/congressional_l/

8. 1990, accounts in the Orange County Register, the Mesa [Arizona] Tribune, the Detroit News, the Los Angeles Times, the Arizona Republic, and the Wall Street Journal revealed that five senators met with the head of the Federal Home Loan Bank Board about the Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, whose head, Charles H. Keating, Jr. had made substantial contributions to their political campaigns. The Senate Ethics Committee investigated the Keating Five, and reprimanded one of them, California Senator Alan Cranston.

9. 2005, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported a bribery scandal involving lobbyists’ gifts and payments to Representative Randy “Duke” Cunningham that led to his resignation from Congress and criminal conviction./ 10. 2005, Washington Post reporters revealed that Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff was the central figure in a congressional corruption scandal, as Justice Department prosecutors investigated him for fraud and bribery allegations./ http://blog.oup.com/2006/03/congressional_l/
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#170300 Sep 3, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Jews be waiting for Jesus to come back?
Jews call Him Moshiach

Muslims call Him Mahdi

Christians call Him Jesus

and all are waiting for His return.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min RealDave 1,144,230
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,798
Pierre de Coubertin And Emancipation Proclamation (Jun '12) 25 min fukuda 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,627
My true thoughts about this song. 3 hr WhyNotLookAtHer 3
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 3 hr TheyfuckUsAll 5
World's Best Photo Art 5 hr Long Time Fan 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance