BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 190104 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170266 Sep 2, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that Sahelanthropus and Orrorin tugenensis have been discovered recently and at the other end H. heidelbergensis has been known for over a century, the question is what is your point? Numerous species in between also identified.
Then the molecular evidence is overwhelming and conclusively points to the common ancestor: there is no rational alternative explanation.
----------
A female body is found. Her home was burglarized. Evidence of a struggle. Skin and blood under her fingernails with DNA that matches semen DNA recovered at the scene. Some moron pointing out that no suspect has been identified says "what exactly is this molecular evidence compared to?" as though doubt that a man committed the crime.
Like I said, show me a body of the "missing link". So far, there isn't one! Is there? No. Maybe you should look into Bigfoot hunting? LOL

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#170267 Sep 2, 2013
Should be 55 bp deletion.

Bristol, CT

#170268 Sep 2, 2013
• HERV-K retroelement; still active in human genome. Study from Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institutie or Bioorganic Chemistry (p. 44). Of 14 known HERV-K elements, three only found in humans, eleven present in the same positions in humans, gorillas, and chimpanzees.

Bristol, CT

#170269 Sep 2, 2013
• CMT1A segments (p. 45). Humans and chimps, 2 copies of these segments with exact same placements. Gorilla and orangutan have one copy, in same position as one of the human segments. CMT1A is flanked by Alu elements. One CMTIA segment in humans and chimpanzees has truncation in one of the two flanking Alu elements. The single CMT1A segment in orans and gorillas do now show truncation.

The odds of this happenening in species not sharing common ancestor is like hitting powerball every week for a lifetime.

Dream on creationists. Do you really believe in a Divine Merry Prankster?

Bristol, CT

#170270 Sep 2, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, show me a body of the "missing link". So far, there isn't one! Is there? No. Maybe you should look into Bigfoot hunting? LOL
The DNA evidence is conclusive and agrees with the extensive fossil evidence. Humans evolved from apelike primates. There was an ancestor common to humans and chimps.

Evidence against: creation myth in the bible written by neolithic men who didn't even know what a molecule is.

Show me some common sense.

Bristol, CT

#170271 Sep 2, 2013
There is a duplication pseudogene called psi-zeta “which lies in the alpha cluster.” It arose as a duplication of the zeta gene, a functional fetal gene. The pseudogene (pseudogenes are nonfunctional) differs in its sequence by a single point mutation. Chimps have the duplicated gene, but it is functional and does not have a mutation at that critical point in its sequence. The duplicate zeta gene is in the same place as the psi-zeta pseudogene in humans.“The human psi-zeta mutation that inactivated the gene must have occurred “after the ancestral divergence of humans and chimpanzees.”

Bristol, CT

#170272 Sep 2, 2013
“Let’s now look at one of our oldest and best-studied duplication pseudogenes. As mentioned in
the previous chapter, hemoglobin is a vital oxygen transporter in the blood. The human genome
contains thirteen copies of the genes that encode hemoglobin, but only four of them function in
adults. Of the remaining nine copies, four are pseudogenes, and five are active in the fetus and
help the fetus obtain oxygen from the mother’s blood during pregnancy. These fetal genes are
turned off either before or shortly after birth. The hemoglobin genes and pseudogenes reside in
two clusters, the alpha cluster with four genes and three pseudogenes, and the beta cluster with
five genes and one pseudogene. Each of these clusters arose anciently from repeated tandem
duplication of an original gene.
“The single pseudogene in the beta cluster is called the psi-beta pseudogene and it is full of
mutations; about 30 percent of its DNA sequence is mutated when compared to its parent gene.
To accumulate so many mutations, this pseudogene must have arisen through duplication and then
been disabled a very long time ago.
“If we compare the beta cluster in six primate species, a fascinating pattern of evolution emerges.
Figure 3.1 shows the alignment of genes and pseudogenes in the beta cluster of humans,
chimpanzees, gorillas, baboons, New World (American) monkeys, and lemurs (small, rodent-sized
primates that are neither ape nor monkeys). Humans, chimpanzees, and gorillas have the same
copies of the genes and the psi-beta pseudogene in the same positions, so these species must be
closely related. Baboons have the same copies in the same positions but the delta gene mutated
into a new pseudogene. New World monkeys have the psi-beta pseudogene, but humans,
chimpanzee, gorillas, and baboons have one more hemoglobin gene than they do. The extra gene
arose when the gamma gene duplicated into two copies in their common ancestor. In the lineage
that led to lemurs, a piece of DNA was deleted between the psi-beta pseudogene and the delta
gene. The deletion disabled the delta gene and fused a piece of it with a piece of the psi-beta
pseudogene. The outcome was a new pseudogene called psi-beta-delta pseudogene.
“The presence of the psi-beta pseudogene, or a piece of it, in all primates reinforces the meaning
of its large number of mutations: it became a pseudogene long ago in a common ancestor of all
primates, whereas other pseudogenes arose more recently.”

Bristol, CT

#170273 Sep 2, 2013
“The fifty-five base-pair deletion in the GBA pseudogene is an especially telling mutation because it is very unlikely that it would ever originate more than once. A single base-pair mutation at a particular place is rare but can happen independently several times and thus may not always be attributable to common ancestry. However, a deletion of fifty-five base-pairs in exactly the same place in the same pseudogene in different species is strong evidence of a common ancestor.”p.55 (Fairbanks, Rlics of Eden, The Powerfule Evidence of Evolution in Human DNA)(This is in reference to the glucosere-brosidase gene, GBA, which is found in humans. There is also a nonfunctioning pseudogene that arose from an ancient duplication of the gene. Any mutation of the nonfunctioning pseudogene is without consequence since mutation cannot deactivate a nonfunctioning gene. Humans, chimpanzees and gorillas have the same duplication pseudogene of the GBA gene with the same 55 base-pair deletion in exactly the same place. Orangutans, which are not as closely related as are humans, chimps, and gorillas, also have the duplication, but orangutans do not have the 55 base-pair deletion, so it’s not a pseudogene in the orangutans but rather a functioning duplicate gene. But the functioning duplicated gene is in the exact same place as the nonfunctional pseudogenes found in human, gorilla, and chimpanzee. The more distantly related monkeys do not have the duplication in a functional gene or in a nonfunctional pseudogene.

Incidentally, the human genome contains thousands of pseudogenes, which can arise from a few different mechanisms. One type of pseudogene called a retropseudogene can be found in disparate locations in the genome. This type of duplicated gene is nonfunctional from the moment it first arises. There are forty-nine nonfunctional cytochrome c pseudogenes in the human genome, most of them retropseudogenes, which could only reasonably arise over millions of years.

Bristol, CT

#170274 Sep 2, 2013
But you can keep the blinders on and have faith that the Divine Merry Prankster, the Deceptive Deity, created Adam & Eve with DNA that merely made it look like evolution.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170275 Sep 2, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I do NOT interpret the phrase. Very straightforward, as straightforward as you get wet when the rain falls on you. What is there to interpret? And why would God not be clear? You mean he can't make himself be understood? He needs earthlings to do that for him - earthlings that I assume are not as smart as him. No interpretation.
But all of the above is moot. It was made up. How did
whoever write that know that God created man in His Image? Who told this "raconteur?"
Bullchit! If you don't find the phrase, "in his image" to be open to interpretation, then you're an idiot. What a load! Common sense has totally escaped you.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#170276 Sep 2, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You will disregard the conclusive molecular evidence, chromosomal fusion, GULO pseudogene similarity sharing random mutations and retroelements, CMT1A segments with humans and chimps sharing same truncation in one of the two flanking Alu elementsm. then the glucosere-brosidase data and shared 66 base-pair deletion, etc. etc. etc.
Because the extensive fossil evidence does not suit your false conception that it should be more complete?
All because this evidence contradicts your fable for which there is NO EVIDENCE.
Ah, but it is the "key" that simply hasn't been found. There were many in "your" founder population, where are the remains? Surely, with "many" being present, remains should have been found, no? What you fail to consider is the fact that I haven't said it doesn't exist. Have you? LOL Ask Path, assuming will bite you in the butt everytime. It may well exist, I don't know. Evolution could be part of the Divine Plan, who is to say? Either way it really doesn't affect my belief system one way or the other. One of the truest sayings I've come across is, "you never know". I am curious why you take this personally, though.
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

#170277 Sep 2, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Obama is going down!!!!
down in history......

he's still far above the Republican candidates/leaders

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#170278 Sep 2, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says the earth is 4.5 Billion years old.
How do you know that?
Maybe only one billion?
Two billon?
Many only Millions?
Yet you think Adam had a Mother.
And even if you are correct so what.
God still created all things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XdvXS37obEcXX
When I asked you if we found fish on Europa what would it mean to you... You replied that it wouldn't change your beliefs one bit.

So, why can you not accept the age of the Earth, which is grounded in hardcore science? It is not theoretical stuff.

Why would you even attempt to debate it without contradictory evidence? Why can't it be like finding life somewhere else? Why can't evolution be to the greater glory of Yahwey?

Wojar can not ever disprove God. Nor can I. As a matter of fact no one can and no one ever will. It is impossible. And I don't just throw that word around. But then we come back to we can't prove Joey Bagadoughnuts didn't create all.

No matter what we discover, no matter how many mysteries of nature we unravel... there will always be room for people to say God did it.

Has science peeled back a bit of the bible? Certainly. But people have simply changed how they interpret those passages.

The Earth is 4.5 Billion years old give or take 70 million years.

The oldest rocks found are 3.8 and 3.9 billion years old. Which figures in just right. We calculate this from several radiometric dating methods. It isn't like we ran a litmus test on a rock near a geologist house an we came up with 4.5 billion years.

Does this destroy God?

No.

We know it because we have credible evidence from experiment that has been reproduced many many times. And there hasn't been a single person to come up with a different valid scientific answer to the question.

That would get you a Nobel Prize and all the funding you would ever need. So, it is not like there isn't motivation.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170279 Sep 2, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate and respect science.
I think it was probable that if Adam cut down a tree there would be many, many, many rings inside it.
Also some of the fruit and vegetables might have been rotten and not editable.
So What!
Maybe Adam and Eve were hairy ape-like Humans?
After all Chimps cannot drive airplanes or pass an SAT test.
Something to ponder my friend.
Why are the Muslims, the Christians, and the Jews all waiting for Jesus to come back?
========
Moshiach Facts
Five Questions and Answers About Moshiach
http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/ai...
Resurrection of the Dead
Moshiach Facts, Lesson 2
Heaven on Earth
Moshiach Facts, Lesson 3
Louis Farrakhan on Barack Obama, Churches and Satan's Rule
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =38I55mZuSOYXX&NR=1
Why would the Jews be waiting for Jesus to come back?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170280 Sep 2, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
If we came from primates, where is the "linking" evidence? As in a body? I didn't know Bigfoot had been found. Wow.
It is at the Smithsonian.

It has been for a long time.

You think the link between us and the lower primates looks like bigfoot?

Wow. Indeed.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170281 Sep 3, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that Sahelanthropus and Orrorin tugenensis have been discovered recently and at the other end H. heidelbergensis has been known for over a century, the question is what is your point? Numerous species in between also identified.
Then the molecular evidence is overwhelming and conclusively points to the common ancestor: there is no rational alternative explanation.
----------
A female body is found. Her home was burglarized. Evidence of a struggle. Skin and blood under her fingernails with DNA that matches semen DNA recovered at the scene. Some moron pointing out that no suspect has been identified says "what exactly is this molecular evidence compared to?" as though doubt that a man committed the crime.
Could have been Bigfoot. You have nothing.

:)

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#170282 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable. Now why would God want to create a world full of "little" Gods? LMAO Silly and absurd. What would be the point? Doh....
He did.

They are called Angels. As to why... ask him.

Ever read that dusty ole thing?

Bristol, CT

#170286 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but it is the "key" that simply hasn't been found. There were many in "your" founder population, where are the remains? Surely, with "many" being present, remains should have been found, no? What you fail to consider is the fact that I haven't said it doesn't exist. Have you? LOL Ask Path, assuming will bite you in the butt everytime. It may well exist, I don't know. Evolution could be part of the Divine Plan, who is to say? Either way it really doesn't affect my belief system one way or the other. One of the truest sayings I've come across is, "you never know". I am curious why you take this personally, though.
Sheer utter ignorant nonsense. Fossilization is quite a rare event. There are many ancient species for which only one or two fossils have been found. This is not only for humans but for many other species. The expectation that fossils should be found for the specific founder population is sheer utter nonsense that only an uneducated fool would expect. Population bottleneck studies are conclusive. The founder population ranged in the thousands. Today members of both lineages exist and there is a fossil record linking them along with genetic evidence that conclusively confirms.

BTW, no body for Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, etc., either. Moron.

Humans evolved. The problem for believers in the literal Adam & Eve story is that the literal details of the myth are in conflict with the evidence. That is their problem, not mine.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You will disregard the conclusive molecular evidence, chromosomal fusion, GULO pseudogene similarity sharing random mutations and retroelements, CMT1A segments with humans and chimps sharing same truncation in one of the two flanking Alu elementsm. then the glucosere-brosidase data and shared 66 base-pair deletion, etc. etc. etc.
Because the extensive fossil evidence does not suit your false conception that it should be more complete?
All because this evidence contradicts your fable for which there is NO EVIDENCE.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#170287 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit! If you don't find the phrase, "in his image" to be open to interpretation, then you're an idiot. What a load! Common sense has totally escaped you.
You : "What a load! Common sense has totally escaped you" Er, best switch that around, as it seems God, as is "reported" ,is pretty clear to me. How in hell can you even doubt what "Created in His Image" means?

But this is mere semantics. He never said that to Anyone.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#170288 Sep 3, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, here you are, a self-avowed believer, yet, so often not believing in what the Scriptures announce. Is God so unclear, so inarticulate in His messages that he needs interpretation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Bluestater 1,233,746
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min litesong 53,483
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,006
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,247
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ratloder 70,034
Ask Amy 5-27-15 14 hr RACE 15
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr RACE 1,389
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]