BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 7,491)

Showing posts 149,801 - 149,820 of167,337
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic and Protestant? you have the best of both worlds.
So what happened?
This is definitely a spiritual issue 100%.
You and others do not believe in the spirit world but that does not make it untrue.
The devil is the prince of this world but GOD/JESUS is still on the Throne and in charge or everything would be kaput.
I am against all phony baloney TV preachers, all Pedophile Priests, and the higher ups who tried to help them with Doctors which was a good thing, but very bad thing because they did not defrock them and report them to authorities et cetera.
Yanks just won 2-0 now I'm back. LOL
“All great truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
— Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
Probably what contributed most was the evident lack of magic in the world.

Everything I was told about creation ended up having scientific explanations. Then I was educated as a cosmologist and understood how the universe came to be, including planet Earth. Some of my biologist friends schooled me on how evolution worked. The mysteries of creation all had rational naturally occurring phenomena behind them.

But by the time I hit what I call the age of reason...(which for me was eleven) I realized that miracles don't happen. No faith healings, no one is raised from the dead, people speaking in tonges were just acting retarded, prayer was equivalent to wishing, stories like Samson were just those peoples Hercules... on and on.

Somewhere in the midst of all of this I began to wrap my head around how arrogant the whole thing was. Entirely and wholly self serving.

Even if there was a God who created the seemingly endless vastness of the cosmos, 400 billion galaxies, incalculable planets and moons... I don't think I have the power to offend such a being, no matter what superstitious people from 2000 years ago thought.

The more I looked at the Bible the more it made sense. Jesus is a human personification of the old sun Gods. And it is much more closely linked to astrology than astronomy. The people who wrote the bible would have known something... ANYTHING that wasn't exclusive to the 100 square miles around them if God had truly spoke to them.

I know, I know... it's about faith. If God gave me this tenacious intellect as a test to see if I will surrender it for the sake of superstition. I wouldn't think much of him anyhow.

If there was a personal relationship God. I think he would have equipped his human spokespersons with more than an old book with rumors of the greatest human sacrifice to ever take place.

So, I guess that is what happened in a nutshell.

Did you watch my link?
It is only 10 mins, and Dr. Tyson is hardly boring no matter what he talks about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him,“It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.
20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau in regard to their future.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph’s sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions concerning the burial of his bones.
23 By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.
24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.
29 By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.
31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.[d]
32 And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah, about David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. 35 Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. 36 Some faced jeers and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. 37 They were put to death by stoning;[e] they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground.
39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
LOL my mistake... The TWO greatest human sacrifices to ever take place. Well, one was almost... mehhh, you get it.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if what you say is true it still does not negate the fact that GOD created it.
And you still haven't grasped the concept of circular reasoning.

And you still have not grasped the concept of the contradiction.
Sad.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe anything you want. However, as stated previously, the overwhelming and conclusive evidence is that the human founder population was much greater than a single mating pair. It is also firmly established that humans and chimps share a common ancestor.
This means "Adam" had a mother, grandmother, great grandmother, great great ... grandmother. He had lots of contemporaries who all lived and died and had parents that lived and died. The biblical fable that "Adam" the first man was immune from death, and that through the "sin" of this individual death was introduced into the world has been proven FALSE.
<quoted text>

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's the used price. The Hunger Games can also be purchased used for 1 cent. That doesn't change the fact that Hunger Games and Audacity of Hope each received at least a 4 star rating on Amazon. Oh, and I'm sure you "stumbled across" those books.
Heh ha ha..
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

wojar wrote:
Hilarious. Birfoons still stuck on Kenya fables urge others to move on.
It's only a fable in your wimited wittle mind.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Confused again Romper?
Not one bit.:)
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
We have been talking a bit about how deceptive history can be.
I learned something while I was reading last night that fascinated me.
We all know by now that Columbus did not discover America.
But, are you aware that if it weren't for the biggest disaster in the history of the world... added to a stroke of luck in European timing that we would not inhabit this lovely country today?
The vikings were here long before Columbus and decided to establish colonies on the North East Coast. And I am not talking about European colonies.
These were colonies 1500 people strong. And they were VIKINGS for god's sake! Possibly the very last people in history who you want to see in boats off your shores. They were brutal survivors.
The Indians bitch slapped them back to Newfoundland like they were schoolgirls on the wrong side of the play ground. More than once.
So how in the hell were these wussy azz pilgrims able to lock down and keep colonies in America with populations of 50 to a few hundred?
We would like to thank their pioneering spirit and original American toughness.
Turns out that the most lethal plague in the history of the world wiped out 95% of the American Indian population just before we arrived.
Ninety Five percent... take a second to absorb that number. The black plague in Europe took out something like 60%.
In reality we were taking on a civilization that was in real life Mad Max times.
If we had showed up 5 years before or 10 years after we would have all been run back into the loving arms of the church of England... assuming we didn't run into the Vikings along the way.
Freaky stuff.
There is no such thing as luck.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Not one bit.:)
So just hallucinating. Got it

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Ohio State 's Urban Meyer on one of his players: "He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words."

Why do Tennessee fans wear orange?
So they can dress that way for the game on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash on Monday.

What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs?
Drool.

How many Michigan freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb?

None. That's a sophomore course.

How did the Auburn football player die from drinking milk?

The cow fell on him.

Two Texas A&M football players were walking in the woods.

One of them said, "Look, a dead bird."

The other looked up in the sky and said, "Where?"

A University of Cincinnati football player was almost killed yesterday in a tragic horseback-riding accident.

He fell from a horse and was nearly trampled to death.

Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse._________

What do you say to a Michigan State University football player dressed in a three-piece suit? "

"Will the defendant please rise."

If three Florida State football players are in the same car, who is driving?

The police officer.

How can you tell if an Auburn football player has a girlfriend?

There's tobacco juice on both sides of the pickup truck.

What do you get when you put 32 Arkansas cheerleaders in one room?

A full set of teeth.

University of Michigan Coach Brady Hoke is only going to dress half of his players for the game this week; the other half will have to dress themselves.

How is the Indiana football team like an opossum?
They play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Why did the Nebraska linebacker steal a police car?

He saw "911" on the side and thought it was a Porsche.

How do you get a former Illinois football player off your porch?

Pay him for the pizza.
Joe Biden

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
Indian population was estimated at 20-70 million before the plague.
I guess it is time for another plague then? Africa too!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
So just hallucinating. Got it
Nope. Not one bit.:)
Just me

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, on Amazon, G.W.'s latest book 'Decision Points' is selling for $25.
http://www.amazon.com/Decision-Points-George-...
You forgot to mention that, just like the books Loose mentioned, you can also buy it used for 1 cent.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Not one bit.:)
Sorry Romper. You continue to celebrate your errors all you want. Just be careful or you may find that you share dual citizenship with Ted

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if what you say is true it still does not negate the fact that GOD created it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Logic 101. The evidence proves the biblical story false.
Logic 101. "GOD created it" is an unfounded conclusion, not a fact.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe anything you want. However, as stated previously, the overwhelming and conclusive evidence is that the human founder population was much greater than a single mating pair. It is also firmly established that humans and chimps share a common ancestor.
This means "Adam" had a mother, grandmother, great grandmother, great great ... grandmother. He had lots of contemporaries who all lived and died and had parents that lived and died. The biblical fable that "Adam" the first man was immune from death, and that through the "sin" of this individual death was introduced into the world has been proven FALSE.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.

Sorry, figure of speech.

Point is, there was a tiny window for us to invade and through no intent of our own... we hit it almost dead center.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

How many Michigan freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb?

None. That's a sophomore course.

.....lol

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a fable in your wimited wittle mind.
No clue, no motive, no evidence. Sorry, it's a fable.
wojar wrote:
Hilarious. Birfoons still stuck on Kenya fables urge others to move on.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

[QUOTE who="Justice LRS"[
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as luck.[/QUOTE]

But there is serendipity.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is serendipity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,801 - 149,820 of167,337
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,032,985
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Point 46,974
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 32 min Tired 6,527
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 35 min Tired 503
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) 38 min Tired 637
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 46 min Rediculous 3,774
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 48 min Rediculous 253
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 95,931
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance