BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 197033 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#170143 Sep 2, 2013
Corr : ratio , in health care costs,

Typing in the dark...

Ottawa

#170144 Sep 2, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, money is no issue for me. I own 1/3 of an Energy Corp. that is worth right at 15M. Eat "your" heart out, loser! LMAO!!! Remember, stock up on all your petroleum products! Thanks.
Too laughable. No further comment.
freabble

Pittsburgh, PA

#170145 Sep 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Obama is a creep,liar

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#170146 Sep 2, 2013
I wonder if any of you Libtards can tell us what this means?

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-content...

What it means is we still have 13 million Americans who are totally unemployed (we also have another three million who are underemployed).
Obama, where's the beef?

Location hidden

#170147 Sep 2, 2013

So when you add 12,673,000 and 87,897,000, you get a total of 100,570,000 working age Americans that do not have jobs.

Yes, there are certainly millions upon millions of working age Americans that do not have jobs and that do not want jobs.

But you have to be delusional to believe that there are nearly 88 million working age Americans that do not have jobs and that do not want jobs.

The Obama administration tells us that the labor force participation rate is now the lowest it has been since 1984. But back then, a very large percentage of women were staying home and raising families. The percentage of stay at home mothers has declined steadily since then.

So the truth is that the employment statistics that we are being fed are not portraying an accurate picture of what is really going on.

As a CNN article recently explained, there are millions of Americans that say that they would like to have a job even though they have not been "actively" looking for one in the past four weeks. If those people were included in the unemployment rate, it would immediately shoot up to around 11 percent....

Ottawa

#170148 Sep 2, 2013
freabble wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=MZCsWVCdEm E
Obama is a creep,liar
...and president. And you are?

Location hidden

#170149 Sep 2, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, money is no issue for me. I own 1/3 of an Energy Corp. that is worth right at 15M. Eat "your" heart out, loser! LMAO!!! Remember, stock up on all your petroleum products! Thanks.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Too laughable. No further comment.
Well, I own about $25k worth of BP, Exxon, etc. And ya know most union teachers also own oil stock,

Location hidden

#170150 Sep 2, 2013
freabble wrote:
youtube.com/watch... E
Obama is a creep,liar
<quoted text>
...and president. And you are?
He is just a troll who wants you to watch his videos.

Ottawa

#170151 Sep 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I wonder if any of you Libtards can tell us what this means?
What it means is we still have 13 million Americans who are totally unemployed (we also have another three million who are underemployed).
Obama, where's the beef?
Population, U.S., 2008 : 306 million
Population, U.S., 2012 : 316 million

Seeing as there were 10 million more Americans from Obama's swearing-in, to this day, how many coming into the work force at a time when things were/are pretty tight? Could that by any chance have an effect on employment figures and part of that 13 and 3 million without jobs that you cited?, not to mention a 10.5% unemployment rate at the end of 2009, which had nothing to do with Obama, but is GWB's legacy. Numbers are numbers, but you have to decipher them too, Rogue.

Location hidden

#170152 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know what the ration of Canadian-American crossing the border both ways is. But I do know there are many Americans coming to Canada legally for health care as the differential is health care costs often justifies the travel and hotel costs incurred. An example is the cost of child birth which in Canada comes to anywhere from $6000 to $8,000 for the total procedure from first visit to the birth to follow-up. In the U.S., same procedure is, minimum, double and up to 5 times. In Neward NJ, we have friends whose giving birth cost them $30,000. We gasped. He is self-employed, they had no insurance, could not afford premiums. He has no idea how they are going to pay it off. As is known, many Americans go to the Caribbean , Mexico and South American for affordable treatment, again, with the savings well worth the travel expenses.
As to top medical care, yes, the US ranks at the top worldwide. Well known that is. But, how many can afford it, all of those without insurance or with inadequate coverage? Happily, obamacare will hopefully level the field. But many world potentates gravitate to the US for top-rated health care while ordinary Americans cannot access it due to incredible costs.
Some Canadians go to the US for desperate health care, often winding up no better as when you're done, you're done. Some don't want to wait in line. Their privilege and right. On the whole, we get better results as eventually every patient gets looked after, no blatant "jump-the-queue" scenarios and our life expectancy is almost 3 years longer -(yours I believe ranks 29th in the OEC– of 34 nations)even though our eating and exercise habits are largely identical. Best you do some studies before jumping to conclusions.
In conclusion, were I filthy rich, I'd opt for American medicine. But being filthy very middle class, I'll opt for ours, thank you.
Go to Mexico to have a baby? I don't think so!
Oh, have you seen how much OBGYNs pay for malpractice insurance down here? Ten years ago Texas passed tort law reform laws and their medical bills went down an average of 10% and for OBGYNs it dropped about 25%. And a big plus is that their doctor shortage vanished too!

Ottawa

#170153 Sep 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
http://theeconomiccollapseblog .com/wp-content/uploads/2012/0 5/Not-In-Labor-Force.png
So when you add 12,673,000 and 87,897,000, you get a total of 100,570,000 working age Americans that do not have jobs.
Yes, there are certainly millions upon millions of working age Americans that do not have jobs and that do not want jobs.
But you have to be delusional to believe that there are nearly 88 million working age Americans that do not have jobs and that do not want jobs.
The Obama administration tells us that the labor force participation rate is now the lowest it has been since 1984. But back then, a very large percentage of women were staying home and raising families. The percentage of stay at home mothers has declined steadily since then.
So the truth is that the employment statistics that we are being fed are not portraying an accurate picture of what is really going on.
As a CNN article recently explained, there are millions of Americans that say that they would like to have a job even though they have not been "actively" looking for one in the past four weeks. If those people were included in the unemployment rate, it would immediately shoot up to around 11 percent....
You wrote : "So the truth is that the employment statistics that we are being fed are not portraying an accurate picture of what is really going on."

You're very stubborn with this, aren't you? Sure, the numbers don't give the whole story. But, Rogue, they never did since statistics have been kept. Always the same system in use, and you accuse the Obama administration of skewing the numbers. Gov't statisticians supply those numbers and unless you think Obama is in cahoots with the chief statistician and making him falsify said numbers, then you should rely on the same formulae for spewing out statistics that have been used for well over a half century, not expect Obama to change the method, why should he?

Ottawa

#170154 Sep 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well, I own about $25k worth of BP, Exxon, etc. And ya know most union teachers also own oil stock,
Anyone here said that it's wrong to own oil stock?

Location hidden

#170155 Sep 2, 2013
Alabama is one of the worst states for tort law. Some ten years ago a guy bought a brand new BMW only to find out it had been repainted ..... at the factory! Yep, they found a flaw when they were building the car so they repainted it so the guy sued BMW and was awarded ......$2 Million!!!!
About the same time a friend of mine bought a NEW Ford Mustang and shortly there after found some flaws in it. Apparently it had been rear ended during a customer test drive so they repaired it. He sued the Ford dealer and got another new Mustang ...... but no mega-buck$.
And that is one of the reasons why Alabama does not have a strong economy as people get over compensated in lawsuits and businesses are afraid to do business there.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#170156 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>Anyone here said that it's wrong to own oil stock?
Welcome to Birfistan. You know the rules. If someone fantasizes that you said it, then you said it

Location hidden

#170157 Sep 2, 2013
Oh, I know how Jacqueau is always pull sh*t out of my azz so here is the link. But do excuse me as it was in the mid-1990s.

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES

No. 94-896

BMW OF NORTH AMERICA, INC., PETITIONER v. IRA GORE, Jr.

on writ of certiorari to the supreme court of alabama

[May 20, 1996]

Justice Stevens delivered the opinion of the Court.

....In addition, the jury assessed $4 million in punitive damages, based on a determination that the nondisclosure policy constituted "gross, oppressive or malicious" fraud.....

Location hidden

#170158 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Anyone here said that it's wrong to own oil stock?
Do you own oil stock?

Location hidden

#170160 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote : "So the truth is that the employment statistics that we are being fed are not portraying an accurate picture of what is really going on."
You're very stubborn with this, aren't you? Sure, the numbers don't give the whole story. But, Rogue, they never did since statistics have been kept. Always the same system in use, and you accuse the Obama administration of skewing the numbers. Gov't statisticians supply those numbers and unless you think Obama is in cahoots with the chief statistician and making him falsify said numbers, then you should rely on the same formulae for spewing out statistics that have been used for well over a half century, not expect Obama to change the method, why should he?
Hmmmm, I have shown proof before but when Bush was president about a third of the unemployment numbers were revised upward on the following monthly report, about a third revised DOWNWARD and about a third were not revised.
But before last years election all of Obama's monthly unemployment numbers were revised UPWARDLY with the except of only a couple and one were revised downwardly. I am not gone to bother to look up the link for you so you will just have to take my word for it.
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#170161 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You're pretty much right. It's not perfect, but then what is? The important thing to remember, though, is that everyone is covered and yet, it costs Canadians less per capita than Americans. And it's gov't run, as a matter of fact, each of the 10 provinces run their own programme.
Here in America with Obamacare the insurance and pharmaceutical companies wrote the legislation just what the Republicans used to support. Bob Dole, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and the Right Wing Republican think tank Heritage Foundation back in the 1990s.

Every Republican were against buying medications in bulk just like the Veterans administration does and look who killed it, two Democratic Senators in New Jersey.

Dumbya Bush and Halliburton Cheney did the same with Senior Citizen Prescription Drugs letting Big HMOS and Big Pharma write the legislation.

As soon as Republican Congressman Billy Tauzin left government he received a gigantic lucrative deal with Big Pharma which he pushed for Bush/Cheney in the House.
---------

Reform Bids Die, Health Care Industry Wins
Big Pharma and Insurance Companies Benefit from Demise of Public Option, Drug Re-Importation and Medicare Buy-in
Dec. 16, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/y86v2ld

If success is measured by return on the dollar, the pharmaceutical industry made a killing, reports CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson.

The industry spent $20 million lobbying on health care this year. What did they get?

"Thirty million Americans are going to get health insurance subsidies from the federal government, and so 30 million Americans are going to buy a lot more drugs and revenues for the drug companies are going to go through the roof," said Michael Cannon of the Cato Institute.

Also putting pharmaceutical interests in the win column: the swift death of drug re-importation. It would have cost drug makers billions if Americans could buy cheaper drugs from Canada or Europe. Now they can't.

The industry argued on safety grounds that it would be too hard for the FDA to police imported medicine. They even managed to flip their chief opponent -- President Obama. Listen to what he said on the campaign trail:

"We'll allow the safe re-importation of low-cost drugs from countries like Canada," Mr. Obama said in October of 2008.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/16/eve...

----

The Bush who pays the bills
As CEO of fast-growing AthenaHealth, the President's cousin Jonathan is trying to change the way doctors process their paperwork. Now Wall Street is courting him.
January 29 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/y97ccjm
(Fortune Magazine)-- On the last day of November, Jonathan Bush, 37, the CEO of AthenaHealth and a first cousin of the Commander-in-Chief, sat restlessly on a Louis XVI - style sofa in the Presidential Suite of Manhattan's Pierre hotel and faced a pair of investment bankers from Piper Jaffray. Minutes earlier Bush had wrapped up a speech at the firm's annual health-care conference 39 floors below, and now the moneymen were turning on their charm. AthenaHealth, a fast-growing company in the increasingly hot business of providing information technology for doctors' offices, is probably heading for an IPO this year, and Piper would like to run the offering. But that subject was hardly touched - perhaps because, with the hopelessly extroverted Bush in the room, the Piper bankers could never quite gain control of the meeting.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortun...

Location hidden

#170162 Sep 2, 2013
I do not know who to copy text from a PDF so go the the last paragraph on the Aug 2, 2013 unemployment report.
Please note that the new employed was revised DOWNWARD from +195K to +176K for the moth of May and June's numbers were also revised downward from +195k to +188k.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pd...

There seems to be a pattern in the Obama administration that the GOOD NUMBERS are almost always revised DOWNWARDLY!!! They hope that people will never read the last paragraph of their unemployment reports! WHY?!? Because they know Libtards never read beyond the first page of anything!!!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#170163 Sep 2, 2013
"As you press on for justice, be sure to move with dignity and discipline, using only the weapon of love. Let no man pull you so low as to hate him. Always avoid violence. If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in your struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos".

MLK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Dem Sandwitch 1,277,739
abby9-3-15 4 min PEllen 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,582
amy 9-3-15 44 min Mrs Gladys Kravitz 3
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 54 min RJS 8,135
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 100,664
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 6,437
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages