BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Just me

Yorba Linda, CA

#169890 Aug 31, 2013
wojar wrote:
Hilarious. Birfoons still stuck on Kenya fables urge others to move on.
My thoughts exactly.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#169891 Aug 31, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is the only person successful @ usurping the pResidency of the United States!
You must be so proud, huh Jacques the Queer from Ottawa?
But YOU said he was the 44th usurper. Seriously now , what about Arthur and hopeful Cruz?

Ottawa

#169892 Aug 31, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I wonder if Obama has read G.W.'s ' Decision Points'? Probably not as Obama thinks he is smarter than Bush is.
Obama doesn't think or say he's smarter than GWB. But he is. GWB is not dumb, saying that is crazy. On the other hand, he is by far NOT the smartest president.

Ottawa

#169894 Aug 31, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I wonder if Obama has read G.W.'s ' Decision Points'? Probably not as Obama thinks he is smarter than Bush is.
From THE TELEGRAPH

George W Bush's memoirs: the loyal aide who ghost-wrote Decision Points
The man who ghost-wrote George W Bush's memoir, Decision Points, is a young Californian who shot through the ranks to become the president's favourite speech writer at the age of 26.

==========

Obama wrote his own books, no ghostwriter. I know of no presidents, correct me if I'm wrong, that used ghostwriters to co-write their mémoires. Carter, Nixon, Clinton, Eisenhower, they wrote their own. Reagan wrote diaries. As to GHB, he collected his letters but he probably could have written his own if he had so decided.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169895 Aug 31, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, just how would they know what the results would be if there had never been a count?
Owl Gore attempted to count and recount until he had found enough votes for himself and to hell with absentee ballots from our service men and women.
Did you know that one of the first executive orders Bill Clinton made was to prevent the military from doing voting assistance?
And did you know that one of the first things Bush-43 did was to countermand that EO?
AND did you know that one of the first things Obama did was to counterman the counterman?!?
The fact is, Democrats want to suppress the votes from our military service men and women!!!!
Yes, Gore DID win!
The Purge and Other Crimes
http://tinyurl.com/ykbt6ot
http://www.legitgov.com/index_hot_April5.html

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
Case No. 01-CIV-120-GOLD / Katherine Harris purged voting rolls illegally
http://election2000.stanford.edu/11001harris....

Voting Rights in Florida 2002:
The Impact of the Commission’s Report and the Florida Election Reform Act of 2001
June 2002 / http://tinyurl.com/2dmjq
http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/imp0602.ht...
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169897 Aug 31, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe anything you want. However, as stated previously, the overwhelming and conclusive evidence is that the human founder population was much greater than a single mating pair. It is also firmly established that humans and chimps share a common ancestor.
This means "Adam" had a mother, grandmother, great grandmother, great great ... grandmother. He had lots of contemporaries who all lived and died and had parents that lived and died. The biblical fable that "Adam" the first man was immune from death, and that through the "sin" of this individual death was introduced into the world has been proven FALSE.
<quoted text>
Even if what you say is true it still does not negate the fact that GOD created it.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#169898 Aug 31, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who would you think has contributed more that Jesus? Mohammed?
Jesus did not say anything about the Inquisition, did he?!? But what did Mohammed say about none believers? About what to do with gay people?
Nichola Tesla, Louis Pasteur, Grace Hopper, Paul Vuillemin, Alexander Graham Bell, Konrad Zuse, Paul Nipkow, Joseph Nicéphore Niépce, James Watt, Barthelemy Thimonnier, Humphry Davy, Alexander Fleming, Isaac Newton, Aristotle, Archimedes, Leonardo DaVinci, Galileo Galilei, Copernicus, Benjamin Franklin, Karl Benz, George Washington Carver, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Guglielmo Marconi, Thomas Massie, Robert D Maurer, James Clerk Maxwell, Samuel Morse, Viktor Schauberger, Ignaz Semmelweis, Samuel Slater, Albert Einstien, Sun Tzu, Leon Foucault, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, Edward Teller, James Thomson, Daniel Hale Williams, Ernest Everett Just, Francis Appert, Lord Lister

That is over 40 people who contributed vastly more. Seriously, just chucked that list out not needing more than a second in between names. There are more than you can list in 3 posts.

Contrary to popular belief Jesus did not invent morality. It predates him by quite a bit. None of what he taught was radical in any way save for the "I am the king of the Jews" bit.

The inquisition post dates Jesus by a lot. So, how could he have an opinion?

I haven't the foggiest idea what Mohammad thinks about gay people but they worship the same god you do....

So, I don't imagine it is anything good.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169899 Aug 31, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You, sir, are a gentleman. You even make disagreeing agreeable, in the true spirit of what Christianity is all about but too often forgotten. Thank you.
Right back at you!
Just me

Yorba Linda, CA

#169900 Aug 31, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I was browsing for books at Amazon and by chance stumbled across Hillary Clinton's "Living History" for as little as $0.01.
Barack Obama's "Audacity of Hope" also costs one red cent.
Bill Clinton's "My Life" -- cost: 1 cent.
Get 'em while they're hot.
loose
Yes that's the used price. The Hunger Games can also be purchased used for 1 cent. That doesn't change the fact that Hunger Games and Audacity of Hope each received at least a 4 star rating on Amazon. Oh, and I'm sure you "stumbled across" those books.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#169901 Aug 31, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not real big on the felons aren't allowed to own firearms thing. I guess that is putting it lightly. I can't believe it is a law.
There needs to be a standard less vague.
Felons encompass a huge spectrum of laws, one bad decision can make you a felon for the rest of your life.
Example...
I don't think a person who was selling pot when they were 24 should lose the ability to reasonably protect themselves and/or their families for the rest of their lives.
How about no guns for violent felons or those convicted of crime involving firearms.
I am sure we could improve on that to encompass others who don't need to have a firearm... but it is a way better standard than we have now.<quoted text>
Well, I personally believe most laws on weapons are unconstitutional. I also believe that one should get a separate hearing to remove a person's rights to bear arms. I have no problem removing a person's tights to bear arms if he was used a weapon in a crime. I also think that if you are involved in a voting crime, you should lose your rights to vote!
Rouge that is the most dead on thing I have heard you say all week.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#169903 Aug 31, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
And their tax exempt status?
“While some people may be bothered by the fact that there are pastors who live in multimillion dollar homes, this is old news to most. But here is what should bother you about these expensive homes: You are helping to pay for them! You pay for them indirectly, the same way local, state, and federal governments in the United States subsidize religion—to the tune of about $71 billion every year”
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/17/1100... #
Funny you mentioned that... when I was on that rant I couldn't conjure the word exempt for some reason... so I let it slide.

But thanks for picking up where my mental blockage left off.

:)
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169904 Aug 31, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no disdain for the Bible. As a book I respect it completely... I have read it. I would even say it is one of the best of anything I have ever read that was not contemporary.
I had an awesome childhood and my parents are still the coolest people I know. Mom was raised catholic, Dad is a protestant.
It is the spiritual thing where we differ. I think its a bit weird that you would assume that I was damaged somehow to make me an atheist.(I don't really like the word atheist if it matters)
I do not believe in the supernatural. And I don't really care when others do. I would even support the idea that the story of Jesus has contributed to humanity but with mixed results. If you are implying that we wouldn't have the same morality without it, I would go round with you about that too.
What I don't care for are the problems it causes, the promises it makes, the money it takes, pseudoscience, their not being a 13th floor, oppressive law it supports, the whackjobs it generates, the social licence that it receives, I am not into being convicted of thought crime, I know it stunts progress, and I have a pretty good understanding of how we became what we are... complete with evidence and facts and stuff I am a free man, there is much more for us to know, and we aren't doomed.
Just off the top of my head.
off topic...
When you said you taught games, what did you teach?
Catholic and Protestant? you have the best of both worlds.

So what happened?

This is definitely a spiritual issue 100%.

You and others do not believe in the spirit world but that does not make it untrue.

The devil is the prince of this world but GOD/JESUS is still on the Throne and in charge or everything would be kaput.

I am against all phony baloney TV preachers, all Pedophile Priests, and the higher ups who tried to help them with Doctors which was a good thing, but very bad thing because they did not defrock them and report them to authorities et cetera.

Yanks just won 2-0 now I'm back. LOL

“All great truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”

— Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169905 Aug 31, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you’re getting beat up on this issue is because you appear to be so rational otherwise; unlike the ignorant birfoon who would find conspiracy in the stain in his drawers and faithfully hold on to the belief they were put there by some yet to be determined forces.
Faith should not require absolute adherence beyond all reason. I’m sure you will find many of these minister’s stories fascinating, but Dan Barker describes it best and even Mother Teresa came to express these same sentiments.
“The only proposed answer was faith, and I gradually grew to dislike the smell of that word. I finally realized that faith is a cop-out, a defeat--an admission that the truths of religion are unknowable through evidence and reason. It is only undemonstrable assertions that require the suspension of reason, and weak ideas that require faith. I just lost faith in faith. Biblical contradictions became more and more discrepant, apologist arguments more and more absurd and, when I finally discarded faith, things became more and more clear”
Preachers who are not Believers
http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/No...
Thanks for the compliment which I do not deserve.

Of course reason and understanding is important.

Your definition of faith does not exist in Scriptures.

Read Hebrews 11.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169907 Aug 31, 2013
17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him,“It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau in regard to their future.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph’s sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions concerning the burial of his bones.

23 By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

29 By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.

31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.[d]

32 And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah, about David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. 35 Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. 36 Some faced jeers and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. 37 They were put to death by stoning;[e] they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground.

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#169908 Aug 31, 2013
We have been talking a bit about how deceptive history can be.

I learned something while I was reading last night that fascinated me.

We all know by now that Columbus did not discover America.

But, are you aware that if it weren't for the biggest disaster in the history of the world... added to a stroke of luck in European timing that we would not inhabit this lovely country today?

The vikings were here long before Columbus and decided to establish colonies on the North East Coast. And I am not talking about European colonies.

These were colonies 1500 people strong. And they were VIKINGS for god's sake! Possibly the very last people in history who you want to see in boats off your shores. They were brutal survivors.

The Indians bitch slapped them back to Newfoundland like they were schoolgirls on the wrong side of the play ground. More than once.

So how in the hell were these wussy azz pilgrims able to lock down and keep colonies in America with populations of 50 to a few hundred?

We would like to thank their pioneering spirit and original American toughness.

Turns out that the most lethal plague in the history of the world wiped out 95% of the American Indian population just before we arrived.

Ninety Five percent... take a second to absorb that number. The black plague in Europe took out something like 60%.

In reality we were taking on a civilization that was in real life Mad Max times.

If we had showed up 5 years before or 10 years after we would have all been run back into the loving arms of the church of England... assuming we didn't run into the Vikings along the way.

Freaky stuff.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169909 Aug 31, 2013
Hebrews 11

Faith in Action

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

4 By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death:“He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[b] considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#169910 Aug 31, 2013
Indian population was estimated at 20-70 million before the plague.
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#169911 Aug 31, 2013
BIRTHER SCORECARD
http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_your_eviden...

---------

GOP Sen. Lindsay Graham: Birthers Are Crazy, Beck is A Cynic
October 1, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/yefwbpu
Sen. Lindsey Graham,(R-SC) divested himself of the trappings of the extreme right wing of his party on Thursday, calling the popular Fox News host Glenn Beck a "cynic" and birthers "crazy."
Graham was speaking before The Atlantic's First Draft of History conference.

"So I'm here to tell you that those who think the president was born somewhere other than Hawaii are crazy. He's not a Muslim. He's a good man
Some comments on Beck and Limbaugh:
"Only in America can you make that much money crying ... I mean, you know, what [do] I think about Rush Limbaugh? Well, I think he makes hundreds of millions of dollars being able to talk on the radio."

"How many people in my business are going to be controlled by what's said on the radio or in a TV commercial...Glenn Beck is not aligned with any party as far as I can tell. He's aligned with cynicism, and there's always been a market for cynicism."
http://snafu-ed.blogspot.com/2009/10/gop-sen-...

Glenn Beck EXPOSED - Crying On Cue Using Vicks under His Eyes.
http://tinyurl.com/23ztgc6

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#169912 Aug 31, 2013

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#169913 Aug 31, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic and Protestant? you have the best of both worlds.
So what happened?
This is definitely a spiritual issue 100%.
You and others do not believe in the spirit world but that does not make it untrue.
The devil is the prince of this world but GOD/JESUS is still on the Throne and in charge or everything would be kaput.
I am against all phony baloney TV preachers, all Pedophile Priests, and the higher ups who tried to help them with Doctors which was a good thing, but very bad thing because they did not defrock them and report them to authorities et cetera.
Yanks just won 2-0 now I'm back. LOL
“All great truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
— Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
Probably what contributed most was the evident lack of magic in the world.

Everything I was told about creation ended up having scientific explanations. Then I was educated as a cosmologist and understood how the universe came to be, including planet Earth. Some of my biologist friends schooled me on how evolution worked. The mysteries of creation all had rational naturally occurring phenomena behind them.

But by the time I hit what I call the age of reason...(which for me was eleven) I realized that miracles don't happen. No faith healings, no one is raised from the dead, people speaking in tonges were just acting retarded, prayer was equivalent to wishing, stories like Samson were just those peoples Hercules... on and on.

Somewhere in the midst of all of this I began to wrap my head around how arrogant the whole thing was. Entirely and wholly self serving.

Even if there was a God who created the seemingly endless vastness of the cosmos, 400 billion galaxies, incalculable planets and moons... I don't think I have the power to offend such a being, no matter what superstitious people from 2000 years ago thought.

The more I looked at the Bible the more it made sense. Jesus is a human personification of the old sun Gods. And it is much more closely linked to astrology than astronomy. The people who wrote the bible would have known something... ANYTHING that wasn't exclusive to the 100 square miles around them if God had truly spoke to them.

I know, I know... it's about faith. If God gave me this tenacious intellect as a test to see if I will surrender it for the sake of superstition. I wouldn't think much of him anyhow.

If there was a personal relationship God. I think he would have equipped his human spokespersons with more than an old book with rumors of the greatest human sacrifice to ever take place.

So, I guess that is what happened in a nutshell.

Did you watch my link?
It is only 10 mins, and Dr. Tyson is hardly boring no matter what he talks about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 53 min NTRPRNR1 1,127,005
very cute unuasual pix 55 min ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min Mandela 68,666
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr WeWeWe 50,641
omnipods boxes for sale 1 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 1 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Abby 10-24 9 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago