BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169830 Aug 30, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heads-up.
Not a problem.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169831 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you’re getting beat up on this issue is because you appear to be so rational otherwise; unlike the ignorant birfoon who would find conspiracy in the stain in his drawers and faithfully hold on to the belief they were put there by some yet to be determined forces.
Faith should not require absolute adherence beyond all reason. I’m sure you will find many of these minister’s stories fascinating, but Dan Barker describes it best and even Mother Teresa came to express these same sentiments.
“The only proposed answer was faith, and I gradually grew to dislike the smell of that word. I finally realized that faith is a cop-out, a defeat--an admission that the truths of religion are unknowable through evidence and reason. It is only undemonstrable assertions that require the suspension of reason, and weak ideas that require faith. I just lost faith in faith. Biblical contradictions became more and more discrepant, apologist arguments more and more absurd and, when I finally discarded faith, things became more and more clear”
Preachers who are not Believers
http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/No...
From the expert on "Faith"! Ha!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#169832 Aug 30, 2013
I wonder if they thought that the real reason why the giant snail population is that least year the French-Canadians found out about them and this year they showed up by the thousands to enjoy the snail feast.

Giant snails vs. Florida: Florida turns the tide
Giant snails are showing up in fewer numbers, as Florida officials battle the stucco-chewing parasite. Average number of giant snails has dropped from more than 1,000 a day in 2011 to fewer than 100 a day last month.

By Laura Wides-Munoz, Associated Press / August 30, 2013

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Latest-N...
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#169833 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
A famous alien from another planet?
Hitler became a monkey.
He lives in Roswell with all
of his corpses.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#169834 Aug 30, 2013
Funny when Obama asked “have we hired this kid yet” and he says the secret service wouldn’t let him bring his gear in the White House.

Amazing kid!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169835 Aug 30, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler became a monkey.
He lives in Roswell with all
of his corpses.
That's downright creepy, dude.

Moreno Valley, CA

#169836 Aug 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of coarse you no that about 13% of our population are black and about 78% are white, don't you? Now, let's compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. To me it looks like the blacks and whites look pretty equal. So the question is why the Hispanics are half of what the B&Ws are and why is the Asians even lower?
This is a guesstimate on my part. Half of all Hispanics in the U.S. are illegal aliens and are therefore not eligible for welfare?!? But most Asians are legally here so I assume they are just hard working people(?).
Now, the next question is, why are you quibbling on almost every subject?
Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %
Let’s not Rogue because you will only confuse yourself as always and come to conclusions based on your limited understanding of social economic issues.

I will not argue with you about this as it has absolutely nothing to do with the dire state of our union. Never has, but it apparently keeps you voting Republican which is all it’s ever been intended to do.

You go right ahead and think what you will.

Moreno Valley, CA

#169837 Aug 30, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen a lot of things. I have visited the south. I remember going to a gym in New Jersey and being told that I wasn't welcome because of my skin color. I remember going to a park in Texas and being chased away because of the color of my skin. I'm no racist, I don't blame people that were not even born yet for telling be I wasn't welcome on a basketball court. Who's the racist. The young man that got beat up for wandering out of his neighborhood in Philadelphia or the young people that beat him up. Some time people need to learn from history and stop blamoing other people for their faults.
Really Frank? You’re going to compare you getting chased out of a park to institutionalized (state imposed) segregation and racism?

The one person that you can’t fool is yourself Frank. You only hate the president for one reason and it’s expressed loud and every day in your posts.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#169838 Aug 30, 2013
Just to show you, most people are honest.

Honest Shopper Praised
http://videos.komando.com/watch/3923/viral-vi...
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169839 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s not Rogue because you will only confuse yourself as always and come to conclusions based on your limited understanding of social economic issues.
I will not argue with you about this as it has absolutely nothing to do with the dire state of our union. Never has, but it apparently keeps you voting Republican which is all it’s ever been intended to do.
You go right ahead and think what you will.
Say what? The Welfare system and its abuse has nothing to do with the state of our Nation? Good one! Could you get it anymore backwards? I think not.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169840 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Frank? You’re going to compare you getting chased out of a park to institutionalized (state imposed) segregation and racism?
The one person that you can’t fool is yourself Frank. You only hate the president for one reason and it’s expressed loud and every day in your posts.
You're a setback to all African-Americans because you are unable to move on. As Twinkerbelle would tell you.....Grow Up!

Moreno Valley, CA

#169841 Aug 30, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no disdain for the Bible. As a book I respect it completely... I have read it. I would even say it is one of the best of anything I have ever read that was not contemporary.
I had an awesome childhood and my parents are still the coolest people I know. Mom was raised catholic, Dad is a protestant.
It is the spiritual thing where we differ. I think its a bit weird that you would assume that I was damaged somehow to make me an atheist.(I don't really like the word atheist if it matters)
I do not believe in the supernatural. And I don't really care when others do. I would even support the idea that the story of Jesus has contributed to humanity but with mixed results. If you are implying that we wouldn't have the same morality without it, I would go round with you about that too.
What I don't care for are the problems it causes, the promises it makes, the money it takes, pseudoscience, their not being a 13th floor, oppressive law it supports, the whackjobs it generates, the social licence that it receives, I am not into being convicted of thought crime, I know it stunts progress, and I have a pretty good understanding of how we became what we are... complete with evidence and facts and stuff I am a free man, there is much more for us to know, and we aren't doomed.
Just off the top of my head.
off topic...
When you said you taught games, what did you teach?
And their tax exempt status?

“While some people may be bothered by the fact that there are pastors who live in multimillion dollar homes, this is old news to most. But here is what should bother you about these expensive homes: You are helping to pay for them! You pay for them indirectly, the same way local, state, and federal governments in the United States subsidize religion—to the tune of about $71 billion every year”
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/17/1100... #
Frank

Spokane, WA

#169842 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Jim Crow laws were a Democrat invention. I don't vote for anyone that doesn't have the best interest of our country as their priority. I will never vote for any one that wants to destroy our country.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169843 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
And their tax exempt status?
“While some people may be bothered by the fact that there are pastors who live in multimillion dollar homes, this is old news to most. But here is what should bother you about these expensive homes: You are helping to pay for them! You pay for them indirectly, the same way local, state, and federal governments in the United States subsidize religion—to the tune of about $71 billion every year”
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/17/1100... #
You've gone off the deep-end. Hope you know how to swim.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#169844 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that just because some idiots didn't want me to play basketball on a court forty years ago doesn't mean that I should be believe that every one that I meet on a basketball court for the rest of my life is racist. The new definition of a racist is someone that voted for a candidate because of the color of his skin.

Moreno Valley, CA

#169846 Aug 30, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
From the expert on "Faith"! Ha!
Faith requires no expertise Mr. Liars, but it does require you believe in quackery and tellers of absurd stories that defy human experience.

Which means if the gods have not spoken to you directly then you are believing the musings of what could have been an idiot for all you know.

So may I suggest your faith is not in fact in the gods, it is in what could be the musings of an idiot; and if you were to actually meet any one of the many gods you may be queried as to why you would seek counsel with idiots and not await direct communication?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169847 Aug 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Wassup you hillbilly pusssccceee?
Hey LTR, waz up? Dropping by the Station anytime soon?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169848 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith requires no expertise Mr. Liars, but it does require you believe in quackery and tellers of absurd stories that defy human experience.
Which means if the gods have not spoken to you directly then you are believing the musings of what could have been an idiot for all you know.
So may I suggest your faith is not in fact in the gods, it is in what could be the musings of an idiot; and if you were to actually meet any one of the many gods you may be queried as to why you would seek counsel with idiots and not await direct communication?
Again, anything outside your realm of understanding, just can't be! That's absolutely brilliant, just brilliant. Really, it's not surprising you're stuck in the past.

Moreno Valley, CA

#169849 Aug 30, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? The Welfare system and its abuse has nothing to do with the state of our Nation? Good one! Could you get it anymore backwards? I think not.
What abuse Mr. Liars? Whatever abuse was pretty much taken care of during the Clinton administration. What brought your union down was Wall Street greed and bailouts, trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich and two wars. The country has no money because Bush gave it all away and instead of following the real money you focus on the poor.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169850 Aug 30, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
What abuse Mr. Liars? Whatever abuse was pretty much taken care of during the Clinton administration. What brought your union down was Wall Street greed and bailouts, trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich and two wars. The country has no money because Bush gave it all away and instead of following the real money you focus on the poor.
LMAO! Senility has set in, I see. I look at many factors such as the explosion of immigrants coming here for a free ride, which you can thank Obobblehead for. And it is costing States and the Feds a fortune! Regulations are also a big factor, again, you can thank Obobblehead for making the situation worse. Thus, the lack of jobs. This admin is printing money like crazy and all it does is drive the value of our dollar down. Many things, many play into it. If you'll excuse me now I have to go collect my skimmings from the top which the Feds are holding for me! LMAO! Big time!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Yeah 1,144,155
EverGreen Belgrade 1 hr The__Baron 14
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 48,587
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,795
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 70,617
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr j_m_w 98,695
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 6 hr Gary Seven 38
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]