BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
149,481 - 149,500 of 174,635 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169792
Aug 30, 2013
 
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>Never mind all that. Maybe YOU can explain this : Since early August I believe it was, LTR and I have had numerous, and I mean, numerous exchanges here in Topix. A lot. And not always nice. I complete a search of Topix Aug 10 to 2 or 3 days ago. ALL exchanges of posts between LTR and me , except two, are gone. Would Topix do that? No reason. Would I do that? First , I don't know how and second, would I be complaining about it?

As to your stating you never saw the STFU, yeah, I believe you. Why should you? Sorry.
I recall two. Your goofy carrier claim and your complete and total error on FOIA and sealed records (plus your typing obsessions).

Both this week
Both are still there last I checked

What other exchanges do you fantasize we've had in the last 3 weeks?

And for the record - I never posted your magic phrase except when I first challenged you to show me where I had used it. You were wrong and still are

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169793
Aug 30, 2013
 
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually one of the benefits of using a portable device. Topix mobile doesn't clutter the screen with all of those. When Tacky would get on one of his rolls (and I was desk-bound) it got to the point that page after page would be deleted - they finally wiped the entire thread just to clean out all his crap
Enough of the flame war. It's a waste of time.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169794
Aug 30, 2013
 
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and Gore and your dem cohorts took your @ss beating in Florida so well...vandalized the White House, even resorted to childish acts such as removing all the G's and W's from the keyboards.
Sure you have tons of credibility, cupcake.
He seems like a rational and intelligent chap to me.

Did people really pull that keyboard stunt? Because that is funny stuff.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169795
Aug 30, 2013
 
And I mean that to both LTR and Jacques. Flame wars are boring.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169796
Aug 30, 2013
 
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess he never noticed all those messages from Topix saying, 1 post removed, 3 posts removed, etc. They're on nearly every page!
1 One of the pages, Aug 24, has 10 posts missing. And I repeat, we've had, you and I, over 3 weeks of exchanges, and none except two are still there. Out with it.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169797
Aug 30, 2013
 
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall two. Your goofy carrier claim and your complete and total error on FOIA and sealed records (plus your typing obsessions).
Both this week
Both are still there last I checked
What other exchanges do you fantasize we've had in the last 3 weeks?
And for the record - I never posted your magic phrase except when I first challenged you to show me where I had used it. You were wrong and still are
So we've had TWO exchanges between Aug 10 and 24? That's it? Never thought I'd come across a more barefaced liar than your buddy LRS. Amazing.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169798
Aug 30, 2013
 
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>1 One of the pages, Aug 24, has 10 posts missing. And I repeat, we've had, you and I, over 3 weeks of exchanges, and none except two are still there. Out with it.
I will tell you the same thing I told Romper - Your delusions are not my problem

Rant on all you want. It won't change how completely wrong you are
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169799
Aug 30, 2013
 
By the way - August 22 through 25 I was enjoying a long weekend with Mrs LTR and did not visit Topix once ...

So sorry but I am not your culprit
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169800
Aug 30, 2013
 
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>So we've had TWO exchanges between Aug 10 and 24? That's it? Never thought I'd come across a more barefaced liar than your buddy LRS. Amazing.
That is all I recall. Can you name another?

If not then apologize or just employ your magic phrase

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169801
Aug 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very misleading. If you go to a gun dealer in any state of the union you must show an approved state or federal ID and under go a background check. However there is not requirement in most states from a private sale of a firearm. It is just like selling a car, no ID required.
But there are laws that prevent people from giving or selling guns to a known felon.
In fact there have been several federal cases where people did sell guns to a known felon the most resent is in New York State were a young woman did a straw purchase for a guy who used the guns to ambush firefighters.
So as usual, Bill Clinton's lower lip is quibbling.
I am not real big on the felons aren't allowed to own firearms thing. I guess that is putting it lightly. I can't believe it is a law.

There needs to be a standard less vague.

Felons encompass a huge spectrum of laws, one bad decision can make you a felon for the rest of your life.

Example...

I don't think a person who was selling pot when they were 24 should lose the ability to reasonably protect themselves and/or their families for the rest of their lives.

How about no guns for violent felons or those convicted of crime involving firearms.

I am sure we could improve on that to encompass others who don't need to have a firearm... but it is a way better standard than we have now.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169802
Aug 30, 2013
 
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all I recall. Can you name another?
If not then apologize or just employ your magic phrase
Wow, 2 exchanges between you and me Aug 10 to 24? Do you realise everyone's reading this? Not expecting any comments, they don't have to.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169803
Aug 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, 2 exchanges between you and me Aug 10 to 24? Do you realise everyone's reading this? Not expecting any comments, they don't have to.
Apparently that is all you can recall also. Magic phrase

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169804
Aug 30, 2013
 
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just a vessel used by GOD. My intelligence or ignorance has very little to do with it.
Most of the time I do not even recognize what I wrote. LOL
You certainly never offended me and I respect and appreciate your knowledge, and many others.
I always lived by the Sticks and Stones philosophy. LOL
Throughout history and time, facts and truth can change, but Jesus' words will never change.
To answer your question #2 seems more probable but with GOD all things are possible.
Why is the Bible so distasteful to you and many others on here?
Could it be spiritual in nature?
Could it be something in childhood?
Everyone has a little of doubting Thomas in him or her.
From Genesis to Revelation what is so wrong about loving GOD and loving your neighbors as yourself?
That is the goal of Gods Word.
----------
Philippians 2:5
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
I have no disdain for the Bible. As a book I respect it completely... I have read it. I would even say it is one of the best of anything I have ever read that was not contemporary.

I had an awesome childhood and my parents are still the coolest people I know. Mom was raised catholic, Dad is a protestant.

It is the spiritual thing where we differ. I think its a bit weird that you would assume that I was damaged somehow to make me an atheist.(I don't really like the word atheist if it matters)

I do not believe in the supernatural. And I don't really care when others do. I would even support the idea that the story of Jesus has contributed to humanity but with mixed results. If you are implying that we wouldn't have the same morality without it, I would go round with you about that too.

What I don't care for are the problems it causes, the promises it makes, the money it takes, pseudoscience, their not being a 13th floor, oppressive law it supports, the whackjobs it generates, the social licence that it receives, I am not into being convicted of thought crime, I know it stunts progress, and I have a pretty good understanding of how we became what we are... complete with evidence and facts and stuff I am a free man, there is much more for us to know, and we aren't doomed.

Just off the top of my head.

off topic...
When you said you taught games, what did you teach?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169805
Aug 30, 2013
 
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was another famous white European. As was white American Jim Crow. Cover that glass house.
Hitler is not famous.
He is an alien from another planet.
Psycho.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169806
Aug 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally off the rails, omg.
Yep, looks like my broker maybe right, just six months late. But then again he thought Bernanke would stop printing Obama Bucks right after his second swearing in.
Yep, the DJIA is down 848 points (5.4%) just this month. And typical Septembers are down and the worst month of the year is October. We are already over half way to a correction and we may have a very unhappy Christmas.
Don't blame me, blame Obama's economy built of cards.
Just me

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169807
Aug 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of the flame war. It's a waste of time.
Wojar, this entire thread is a waste of time.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169808
Aug 30, 2013
 
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler is not famous.
He is an alien from another planet.
Psycho.
A famous alien from another planet?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169809
Aug 30, 2013
 
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, looks like my broker maybe right, just six months late. But then again he thought Bernanke would stop printing Obama Bucks right after his second swearing in.
Yep, the DJIA is down 848 points (5.4%) just this month. And typical Septembers are down and the worst month of the year is October. We are already over half way to a correction and we may have a very unhappy Christmas.
Don't blame me, blame Obama's economy built of cards.
Wringing your hands and drooling, eh Rogue? That'll get Obama. Incidentally, this is not the first excuse you make on behalf of your broker who so far has been wrong all along. The Syrian uncertainty is causing all that, Rogue, the Syrian thing, you know? Not that Syria is a big oil exporter, but it could seriously hamper crude traffic. And the discord it is spreading amongst allies, as no one wants to join the U.S. in a strike, is not good for politics OR the economy.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169810
Aug 30, 2013
 
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just a vessel used by GOD. My intelligence or ignorance has very little to do with it.
Most of the time I do not even recognize what I wrote. LOL
You certainly never offended me and I respect and appreciate your knowledge, and many others.
I always lived by the Sticks and Stones philosophy. LOL
Throughout history and time, facts and truth can change, but Jesus' words will never change.
To answer your question #2 seems more probable but with GOD all things are possible.
Why is the Bible so distasteful to you and many others on here?
Could it be spiritual in nature?
Could it be something in childhood?
Everyone has a little of doubting Thomas in him or her.
From Genesis to Revelation what is so wrong about loving GOD and loving your neighbors as yourself?
That is the goal of Gods Word.
----------
Philippians 2:5
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169811
Aug 30, 2013
 
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no disdain for the Bible. As a book I respect it completely... I have read it. I would even say it is one of the best of anything I have ever read that was not contemporary.
I had an awesome childhood and my parents are still the coolest people I know. Mom was raised catholic, Dad is a protestant.
It is the spiritual thing where we differ. I think its a bit weird that you would assume that I was damaged somehow to make me an atheist.(I don't really like the word atheist if it matters)
I do not believe in the supernatural. And I don't really care when others do. I would even support the idea that the story of Jesus has contributed to humanity but with mixed results. If you are implying that we wouldn't have the same morality without it, I would go round with you about that too.
What I don't care for are the problems it causes, the promises it makes, the money it takes, pseudoscience, their not being a 13th floor, oppressive law it supports, the whackjobs it generates, the social licence that it receives, I am not into being convicted of thought crime, I know it stunts progress, and I have a pretty good understanding of how we became what we are... complete with evidence and facts and stuff I am a free man, there is much more for us to know, and we aren't doomed.
Just off the top of my head.
off topic...
When you said you taught games, what did you teach?
And who would you think has contributed more that Jesus? Mohammed?
Jesus did not say anything about the Inquisition, did he?!? But what did Mohammed say about none believers? About what to do with gay people?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,080,047
How to install windows 8 19 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 19 min Shari23 5
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 22 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Abby July 25, 2014 25 min Shari23 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min Shananananana4pali 67,947
City to install more jet noise monitors in Chicago 43 min BetterToTaxnigBulletNoise 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 17 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••