BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#169806 Aug 30, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally off the rails, omg.
Yep, looks like my broker maybe right, just six months late. But then again he thought Bernanke would stop printing Obama Bucks right after his second swearing in.
Yep, the DJIA is down 848 points (5.4%) just this month. And typical Septembers are down and the worst month of the year is October. We are already over half way to a correction and we may have a very unhappy Christmas.
Don't blame me, blame Obama's economy built of cards.
Just me

Los Angeles, CA

#169807 Aug 30, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of the flame war. It's a waste of time.
Wojar, this entire thread is a waste of time.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#169808 Aug 30, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler is not famous.
He is an alien from another planet.
Psycho.
A famous alien from another planet?

Ottawa

#169809 Aug 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, looks like my broker maybe right, just six months late. But then again he thought Bernanke would stop printing Obama Bucks right after his second swearing in.
Yep, the DJIA is down 848 points (5.4%) just this month. And typical Septembers are down and the worst month of the year is October. We are already over half way to a correction and we may have a very unhappy Christmas.
Wringing your hands and drooling, eh Rogue? That'll get Obama. Incidentally, this is not the first excuse you make on behalf of your broker who so far has been wrong all along. The Syrian uncertainty is causing all that, Rogue, the Syrian thing, you know? Not that Syria is a big oil exporter, but it could seriously hamper crude traffic. And the discord it is spreading amongst allies, as no one wants to join the U.S. in a strike, is not good for politics OR the economy.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#169810 Aug 30, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just a vessel used by GOD. My intelligence or ignorance has very little to do with it.
Most of the time I do not even recognize what I wrote. LOL
You certainly never offended me and I respect and appreciate your knowledge, and many others.
I always lived by the Sticks and Stones philosophy. LOL
Throughout history and time, facts and truth can change, but Jesus' words will never change.
To answer your question #2 seems more probable but with GOD all things are possible.
Why is the Bible so distasteful to you and many others on here?
Could it be spiritual in nature?
Could it be something in childhood?
Everyone has a little of doubting Thomas in him or her.
From Genesis to Revelation what is so wrong about loving GOD and loving your neighbors as yourself?
That is the goal of Gods Word.
----------
Philippians 2:5
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Location hidden

#169811 Aug 30, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no disdain for the Bible. As a book I respect it completely... I have read it. I would even say it is one of the best of anything I have ever read that was not contemporary.
I had an awesome childhood and my parents are still the coolest people I know. Mom was raised catholic, Dad is a protestant.
It is the spiritual thing where we differ. I think its a bit weird that you would assume that I was damaged somehow to make me an atheist.(I don't really like the word atheist if it matters)
I do not believe in the supernatural. And I don't really care when others do. I would even support the idea that the story of Jesus has contributed to humanity but with mixed results. If you are implying that we wouldn't have the same morality without it, I would go round with you about that too.
What I don't care for are the problems it causes, the promises it makes, the money it takes, pseudoscience, their not being a 13th floor, oppressive law it supports, the whackjobs it generates, the social licence that it receives, I am not into being convicted of thought crime, I know it stunts progress, and I have a pretty good understanding of how we became what we are... complete with evidence and facts and stuff I am a free man, there is much more for us to know, and we aren't doomed.
Just off the top of my head.
off topic...
When you said you taught games, what did you teach?
And who would you think has contributed more that Jesus? Mohammed?
Jesus did not say anything about the Inquisition, did he?!? But what did Mohammed say about none believers? About what to do with gay people?

Location hidden

#169812 Aug 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wringing your hands and drooling, eh Rogue? That'll get Obama. Incidentally, this is not the first excuse you make on behalf of your broker who so far has been wrong all along. The Syrian uncertainty is causing all that, Rogue, the Syrian thing, you know? Not that Syria is a big oil exporter, but it could seriously hamper crude traffic. And the discord it is spreading amongst allies, as no one wants to join the U.S. in a strike, is not good for politics OR the economy.
The problems in Egypt could do a lot to upset the transportation of oil. If the tankers can not go through the Suez Canal, how will they get to and from Europe? How long with it take to make a round trip around the Cape of Good Hope? You would need at least four times as many tankers which we do not have and will take years to build.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#169813 Aug 30, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems like a rational and intelligent chap to me.
Did people really pull that keyboard stunt? Because that is funny stuff.
I think some keyboards were really defaced. Indeed, funny.(I recall a newspaper account.)

RationalState

#169815 Aug 30, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not real big on the felons aren't allowed to own firearms thing. I guess that is putting it lightly. I can't believe it is a law.
There needs to be a standard less vague.
Felons encompass a huge spectrum of laws, one bad decision can make you a felon for the rest of your life.
Example...
I don't think a person who was selling pot when they were 24 should lose the ability to reasonably protect themselves and/or their families for the rest of their lives.
How about no guns for violent felons or those convicted of crime involving firearms.
I am sure we could improve on that to encompass others who don't need to have a firearm... but it is a way better standard than we have now.
Particularly disgusting is when lawmakers make a misdemeanor into a felony because it has become so common. But it happens.

RationalState

#169816 Aug 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who would you think has contributed more that Jesus? Mohammed?
Jesus did not say anything about the Inquisition, did he?!? But what did Mohammed say about none believers? About what to do with gay people?
According to the bible, Jesus made it pretty clear that you could be "saved" if you believed in him. Non-believers got hell according to the gospels. Indeed, missionaries were sent all over the world so that people could be saved; would not they became Christians, dire consequences.

Ottawa

#169817 Aug 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The problems in Egypt could do a lot to upset the transportation of oil. If the tankers can not go through the Suez Canal, how will they get to and from Europe? How long with it take to make a round trip around the Cape of Good Hope? You would need at least four times as many tankers which we do not have and will take years to build.
Yes, add Egypt to the Syrian equation and you have a troubled stock marker. I must say, thought, that the stocks have done pretty well IN SPITE of Egypt of the last year+

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#169818 Aug 30, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, there you go again comparing apples to oranges. Did you miss this from YOUR link?
"-- we find little difference in welfare participation by race: 74.6% of African Americans in such dire straits are on welfare, compared with 64.5% of the poor white single moms.
Read more: http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article... ;
It looks to me that blacks are given a break compared to whites in the same situation.
Yep, Poopo too has a lower lip quibbling problem.
Yes Rogue, but the next paragraph suggest a couple reasons for this disparity, but none of you poor right wing crazies get it yet because you’re too consumed with race. Someone below you taking your money while those at top are actually the one’s robbing you and the country blind.

“Two explanations readily suggest themselves: First, just as blacks are disproportionately likely to be poor, they are disproportionately likely to find themselves among the poorest of the poor, where welfare eligibility arises. Second, the black poor are more likely than their white counterparts to live in cities, and hence to have a chance of making their way to the welfare office. Correct for those two differences, and you won't find an excess of African Americans fitting the stereotype of the sluttish welfare queen who breeds for profit”

“White people are poor too, and in numbers far exceeding any of our more generously pigmented social groups. And poverty as defined by the government is a vast underestimation of the economic terror that persists at incomes -- such as $20,000 or even $40,000 and above -- that we like to think of as middle class”
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article...

Ottawa

#169819 Aug 30, 2013
Sh*t - market and though. The usual culprits.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169820 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
So we've had TWO exchanges between Aug 10 and 24? That's it? Never thought I'd come across a more barefaced liar than your buddy LRS. Amazing.
Sorry, gotta update the score again! 0 - 306 Why are you so concerned about some BS posts between you and LTR bickering back and forth? Posts disappear all the time. When I was posting in another thread, we had posts disappear almost daily. It's probably just to save space on the servers. Ask Topix why your posts were removed.

Ottawa

#169821 Aug 30, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, gotta update the score again! 0 - 306 Why are you so concerned about some BS posts between you and LTR bickering back and forth? Posts disappear all the time. When I was posting in another thread, we had posts disappear almost daily. It's probably just to save space on the servers. Ask Topix why your posts were removed.
I did. Also, and you darn well know LTR and I had extensive, numerous exchanges. Coincidence that all our posts, his, mine, except a mere two, in more than 24 days, have disappeared? Many of mine have appeared but a few seconds and disappeared. Bad luck I guess, technical problems and all that and I'm sure Topix is not interested in deleting anyone's posts unless they go too far, which is rare.

Location hidden

#169822 Aug 30, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not real big on the felons aren't allowed to own firearms thing. I guess that is putting it lightly. I can't believe it is a law.
There needs to be a standard less vague.
Felons encompass a huge spectrum of laws, one bad decision can make you a felon for the rest of your life.
Example...
I don't think a person who was selling pot when they were 24 should lose the ability to reasonably protect themselves and/or their families for the rest of their lives.
How about no guns for violent felons or those convicted of crime involving firearms.
I am sure we could improve on that to encompass others who don't need to have a firearm... but it is a way better standard than we have now.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Particularly disgusting is when lawmakers make a misdemeanor into a felony because it has become so common. But it happens.
Well, I personally believe most laws on weapons are unconstitutional. I also believe that one should get a separate hearing to remove a person's rights to bear arms. I have no problem removing a person's tights to bear arms if he was used a weapon in a crime. I also think that if you are involved in a voting crime, you should lose your rights to vote!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169823 Aug 30, 2013
I went back to page 7406 and there are quite a few posts from both of you. Didn't you recently go out of town for a week? Maybe that time period is what you're forgetting? Hell, I don't know. What did Topix say?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#169824 Aug 30, 2013
Sorry, from page 7406 onward.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#169825 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>I did. Also, and you darn well know LTR and I had extensive, numerous exchanges. Coincidence that all our posts, his, mine, except a mere two, in more than 24 days, have disappeared? Many of mine have appeared but a few seconds and disappeared. Bad luck I guess, technical problems and all that and I'm sure Topix is not interested in deleting anyone's posts unless they go too far, which is rare.
Gonna start calling you Saran because when you find a fable you like you cling to it in spite of all facts.

Magic phrase

Ottawa

#169826 Aug 30, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
I went back to page 7406 and there are quite a few posts from both of you. Didn't you recently go out of town for a week? Maybe that time period is what you're forgetting? Hell, I don't know. What did Topix say?
Nothing. I don't expect a reply and the whole thing's over and done with as far as I'm concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,111,077
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 46,845
Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery 2 hr Arif 1
Abby 9-22 4 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 98,253
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr andet1987 4,741
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs