BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
149,421 - 149,440 of 175,089 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Jacques,
Syria today is an Islamic Holy War.
The president really has his butt in a sling this time.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very misleading. If you go to a gun dealer in any state of the union you must show an approved state or federal ID and under go a background check. However there is not requirement in most states from a private sale of a firearm. It is just like selling a car, no ID required.
But there are laws that prevent people from giving or selling guns to a known felon.
In fact there have been several federal cases where people did sell guns to a known felon the most resent is in New York State were a young woman did a straw purchase for a guy who used the guns to ambush firefighters.
So as usual, Bill Clinton's lower lip is quibbling.
It's misleading because it simply tells the truth?

"It is just like selling a car, no ID required."

That's correct Rouge. That's exactly why the statement is not misleading.

And thanks for reminding us how safe we are from felons because of laws that prevent them from privately buying guns while wearing their jail clothes.
wojar wrote:
Why it's easier to buy an assault weapon than to vote in one graphic
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/29/2 ...

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Will the US learn from history? Cripes, not even history, it's so recent --- Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and now maybe Syria, the looming ever worst one ever and that is bad English but the situation warrants it. Yes, he is damned if he does and damned if he does not. Best he be damned for not doing it. Stay out, Obama, it's a civil war for god's sake. A DAMN CIVIL WAR, none of your business. Help the refugees instead and those that can be helped inside Syria. Period. And do NOT arm the rebels, many of them are Al Qaeda and will turn those weapons against you.
Eventually the question will be "what middle eastern country has the US not invaded?"

Secretly the Republicans hope he will invade Syria and get involved in an expensive drawn-out quagmire. That way they can point to Social Security as the back breaker.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Eventually the question will be "what middle eastern country has the US not invaded?"

Secretly the Republicans hope he will invade Syria and get involved in an expensive drawn-out quagmire. That way they can point to Social Security as the back breaker.
Careful Woj - accurate and insightful comments are discouraged on this thread

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

LRS's reaction : OH YEAH,PUNK !

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, even Finland is cutting back it's federal spending. So what does Obama want to do? Spend more money on things we do not need. Like the $14 million worth of computer routers that are sitting in warehouses for the past three years!
UPDATE 1-Finnish government plans to trim generous welfare model
Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:21pm EDT
(Updates with details on reforms, 2014 budget)
* Government seeks to raise retirement age
* Plans change to childcare leave policy
* Plan likely to raise opposition
HELSINKI, Aug 29 (Reuters)- Finland's government announced a long-term plan to start cutting down its welfare system, one of the most generous in the world, aiming to preserve its triple-A credit rating in the face of a slower economy and ageing population.
In a statement on Thursday, the government laid out a wide range of measures, including a hike to the effective retirement age to 62.4 in 2025 from a current 60.9. It also said it could force municipalities to consolidate and speed up health care reforms to improve the public sector's efficiency.
Financial benefits for students will be cut to encourage them to look for work earlier, and childcare leave policies will also be changed to encourage mothers to return to work, it said.
The changes are not immediate but are likely to raise opposition among some voters who may see them as steps towards destroying a welfare model which, like those of its Nordic neighbours, emphasises social equality and well-being.
The plan comes after weeks of negotiations in which Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen's conservative party faced resistance from left-leaning members of the ruling coalition.
It was announced along with the government's official proposal of a 53.9 billion euro budget for 2014, down from 55.1 billion euros in 2013, with a combination of spending cuts and tax relief measures.
Finland was initially seen sheltered from Europe's financial crisis due to its solid finances. But the prolonged downturn has hit exports and accelerated a decline in industries such as forestry, tipping the current account into deficit. The finance ministry forecast Finnish GDP to contract 0.5 percent this year.(Reporting by Jussi Rosendahl and Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/29/fin...
All those proposed changes would still leave Finland leagues, miles, light-years ahead of your and most worldwide systems. You still experience much joy and glee when ordinary folks lose some of their social advantages, don't you? You do want to bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator. Back to 6-day 60-hour week with no vacation, sick leave, safety procedures and company store, right, Rogue?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Lakers were 61% white and on a winning streak, would we be calling them a "black team"?
Of course Rogue would and he’s willing to starve every white recipient just to get those poor black bastards of the dole.
“The numbers go like this: 61% of the population receiving welfare, listed as "means-tested cash assistance" by the Census Bureau, is identified as white, while only 33% is identified as black. These numbers notwithstanding, the Republican version of "political correctness" has given us "welfare cheat" as a new term for African American since the early days of Ronald Reagan. Yet if the Lakers were 61% white and on a winning streak, would we be calling them a "black team"?”
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article...
Of coarse you no that about 13% of our population are black and about 78% are white, don't you? Now, let's compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. To me it looks like the blacks and whites look pretty equal. So the question is why the Hispanics are half of what the B&Ws are and why is the Asians even lower?
This is a guesstimate on my part. Half of all Hispanics in the U.S. are illegal aliens and are therefore not eligible for welfare?!? But most Asians are legally here so I assume they are just hard working people(?).
Now, the next question is, why are you quibbling on almost every subject?

Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
A Friday bonus. Another juvenile insult - and Romper isn't even up yet.
Have I ever cared what you do? Then why would I start now?
You wrote : "A Friday bonus. Another juvenile insult "

FYI, "idiocie" means idiocy. Whew. Wow. Sigh. Translation of my little phrase : " To each his own idiocy". You're welcome.

Now, that's an insult? How does it compare with the "STFU' hurled at me the other day when any kind of intelligent reply escaped you totally? Poor loser. Poor extinct CONservative drone. See? I don't require vulgar and profane language to dismiss you. Give me some kind of challenge next time, please.

Romper isn't even up? Why didn't you wake him when you got up? Got coffee for him? He's gonna need it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Yes, very interesting. But did you note what was said about N*g*r at about 07:45?

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually the question will be "what middle eastern country has the US not invaded?"
So well said. Why the hell can you say in 10 words what takes me 100?
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, totally baffled by a guy who throws words around when he hasn't the slightest idea how to ground them in reality.
But hey... enjoy it down there in the rabbit hole.
Next time you want to get metaphysical on someone, make sure they are sitting in a pew, or a bar stool at the very least.
Give yourself a fighting chance... you know?
I agree, you are completely baffled. Too proud to admit it though, which comes as no surprise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
All those proposed changes would still leave Finland leagues, miles, light-years ahead of your and most worldwide systems. You still experience much joy and glee when ordinary folks lose some of their social advantages, don't you? You do want to bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator. Back to 6-day 60-hour week with no vacation, sick leave, safety procedures and company store, right, Rogue?
No, it is YOU Progressives who want to make the masses into little worker bees!
Have you ever figured out why people from all over this Earth have been trying to move to America for over 200 years now? Canada is only the second choice, if that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So well said. Why the hell can you say in 10 words what takes me 100?
Ah, it is the Country Club RINOs that want that so they can sell more plane, ships, tanks, etc.
I still think we should have pulled out of Iraq just as soon as Saddamn was neutralized and out of Afghanistan as soon as OBL was too. I see no US national interest in Syria and the way I look at it, the more Muslims who are killed by other Muslims, is a good thing.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

<quoted text>You wrote : "A Friday bonus. Another juvenile insult "

FYI, "idiocie" means idiocy. Whew. Wow. Sigh. Translation of my little phrase : " To each his own idiocy". You're welcome.

Now, that's an insult? How does it compare with the "STFU' hurled at me the other day when any kind of intelligent reply escaped you totally? Poor loser. Poor extinct CONservative drone. See? I don't require vulgar and profane language to dismiss you. Give me some kind of challenge next time, please.

Romper isn't even up? Why didn't you wake him when you got up? Got coffee for him? He's gonna need it.
And the pathetic fool that still pretends to be an expert on the US FOIA (talk about a flood of "intelligent" commentary from the North) proves that he can't even comprehend his own posts.

Ignore? You almost lasted a full 30 minutes. Talk about the pathetic need for attention
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

<quoted text>
No, not at all. Just more proof that you can't even read past your "hate" headlines. How it must suck to have your own references shoved down your throat.
Bytch, whine, moan. You're doing well.
hirrleman

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

youtube.com/watch... …………… Wheres the Beef?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy Counts / Al Gore Won Florida
The Media Consortium Florida Ballot Project
Dan Keating / The Washington Post
http://www.aei.org/files/2004/06/21/20040526_...
Soooo, just how would they know what the results would be if there had never been a count?
Owl Gore attempted to count and recount until he had found enough votes for himself and to hell with absentee ballots from our service men and women.
Did you know that one of the first executive orders Bill Clinton made was to prevent the military from doing voting assistance?
And did you know that one of the first things Bush-43 did was to countermand that EO?
AND did you know that one of the first things Obama did was to counterman the counterman?!?
The fact is, Democrats want to suppress the votes from our military service men and women!!!!
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, totally baffled by a guy who throws words around when he hasn't the slightest idea how to ground them in reality.
But hey... enjoy it down there in the rabbit hole.
Next time you want to get metaphysical on someone, make sure they are sitting in a pew, or a bar stool at the very least.
Give yourself a fighting chance... you know?
Scruffy, if you think you're a person of influence, then try ordering someone else's dog around. Otay Scruffy? You seriously need to get over your little self.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Hummm, the stock market has started today on the down side. If it does not start up soon, we will have had THREE weeks of this stock market decline!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 min Concerned_American 304
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Lily Boca Raton FL 1,083,356
Amy 7-30 18 min Pippa 13
Abby 7-30 31 min Sublime1 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min Terry rigsby 49,008
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Stina2 97,575
Christianity 1 hr larry 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE